Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange as I don't see why there would be a need or would allow them to queue before May 31st as they are only allowing guaranteed entries to hotel guests and anyone else will need a reserved spot that would be done ahead of time.
Look at it the same way people go to AK extra early to line up for 90 minutes to go first into pandora, they are guaranteed to get into the land but want to be able to maximize time, this makes sense especially if there will be a time limit to stay inside the land.
Let's say the reservation time is from 9am to 1pm, I'm not showing up at 9am for it, taking into account the thousands of other people going at the same time frame, bag check, turnstile scan, walking over

Look at it the same way people go to AK extra early to line up for 90 minutes to go first into pandora, they are guaranteed to get into the land but want to be able to maximize time, this makes sense especially if there will be a time limit to stay inside the land.
Let's say the reservation time is from 9am to 1pm, I'm not showing up at 9am for it, taking into account the thousands of other people going at the same time frame, bag check, turnstile scan, walking over
Well that is true but I don’t think it would make sense to say camp overnight if I have a reservation.

Well that is true but I don’t think it would make sense to say camp overnight if I have a reservation.

I have a hotel reservation for opening day only, so as soon as the reservation and rules info comes out, I will share. Taking my husband for his birthday and he has no idea. Was hoping to actually sleep in the hotel room (not cheap) and not in a fold out chair in downtown Disney.

Seriously, where will people put their overnight stuff when they go into the park? Lockers aren’t that big and the lots aren’t open overnight for parking unless you’re staying at a hotel, WHICH YOU SHOULD BE SLEEPING AT.

Someone has to be first :) and in the sw community being first is worth a lot, part of that fan mentality. We'll see what happens

Just got off the phone with a very helpful cast member who informed me that Galaxy’s Edge In Disneyland will be limited to 1,500 guests at a time! With about 9,000 hotel guests on property, that’s 6 even shifts of people if it is time limited. Essentially, the May 31- June 23 guests are the test subjects for how the future system will be run. Also, it was confirmed that they have rescinded the overnight lineup on Opening Day. Hope this is helpful!

Just got off the phone with a very helpful cast member who informed me that Galaxy’s Edge In Disneyland will be limited to 1,500 guests at a time! With about 9,000 hotel guests on property, that’s 6 even shifts of people if it is time limited. Essentially, the May 31- June 23 guests are the test subjects for how the future system will be run. Also, it was confirmed that they have rescinded the overnight lineup on Opening Day. Hope this is helpful!
While it makes some sense I don’t believe they are giving this info to phone CMs just yet. That seems oddly specific when nothing official has been announced.

While it makes some sense I don’t believe they are giving this info to phone CMs just yet. That seems oddly specific when nothing official has been announced.
Especially when Disney never discloses numbers like these.

Do we know if either ride will have a single rider line??
ETA
Oops. Didn't think I was still on the opening day threado_OBut maybe I can still get a quick answer and be on my way. Going February 2020.
ETA
:coffee: Had some more coffee and got to the proper thread....found note re single rider for Millennium Falcon but not RoTR.

Last edited:
Seriously, where will people put their overnight stuff when they go into the park? Lockers aren’t that big and the lots aren’t open overnight for parking unless you’re staying at a hotel, WHICH YOU SHOULD BE SLEEPING AT.

Someone has to be first :) and in the sw community being first is worth a lot, part of that fan mentality. We'll see what happens

And one thing I learned from attending Celebration this past week is that Star Wars fans LOVE camping in lines overnight. It wasn't allowed for the panels this year and they were so upset! It's like this badge of true fandom, but also they talked a lot about the friendships made when you are forced to hang out together for 12+ hours.

And one thing I learned from attending Celebration this past week is that Star Wars fans LOVE camping in lines overnight. It wasn't allowed for the panels this year and they were so upset! It's like this badge of true fandom, but also they talked a lot about the friendships made when you are forced to hang out together for 12+ hours.
Back when Lucas still owned SW he asked Disney to allow people to camp out for SWW because camping out is a tradition among SW fans, it's part of the experience

1,500 seems WAY low to me.

ETA: 1500pph is a pretty average ride capacity. Unless shifts are only one to two hours this would have the ride running below capacity and the land pretty empty.
That right there tells me whomever you spoke to has no clue.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with reservation department and was informed that once you have a Disney hotel room reservation during the window (May 31-June 23), someone will be reaching out to you (not the other way around) with information about your specific visit to Galaxy’s Edge. So you don’t need to worry about waiting for an online reservation system.

I still think a response will come once DL opens, they probably will give it 2 weeks to a month before announcing what, if anything, will be done here.

Yeah for sure. They want to see what works with DL.
I'm a planner. This lack of specifics is killing me! Good thing the opening week trip is just me and dh because I have very few plans for thursday/friday/saturday/sunday. Flying by the seat of my pants is totally against my nature!

Ok, this was recorded using my phone from the TV so I'm sure we will get a better video of it but just saw it on the live stream and had to share while we wait. The Droid Factory (background sound is my dog :) )

Those ARE the droids I am looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter