Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear I’ve been underestimating this. I was prepared to set the alarm for 2-3am but I hadn’t contemplated camping out overnight.:scared: On the latest subscriber Disney Dish podcast, Len & Jim talk about how even some of the basic park ops questions (like will you use both entrances, will anywhere be serving breakfast at 6am) are still undecided. I’m excited and nervous.
I talked to CM over at the Boardwalk bakery and they have already been told that they will be opening way before their regular 6:30am to accommodate people looking for something to eat. This is not a normal occurrence, it is the largest, most anticipated land opening of any Disney park, with a huge fan base that would not remotely think about coming to WDW but are now coming because of SW. I know I sound like a broken record at this point but it is better to plan for ridiculous amounts of crowds and be pleasantly surprised than to be naive and think that it won't be THAT bad and then be completely disappointed and overwhelmed.
We have the perfect example of the opening of Wizarding World. I can guarantee you that SW has a bigger fan base

I'm kind of annoyed with the 6am opening announcement. I assumed HS would open around 6am on Opening Day. Why did they have to go an tell everyone else?!? Yeah, alot of people would figured it out but some would still be clueless. I want an advantage over the clueless.

My family is 'get there early' type of people. On an average day we arrive at the HS gates at least 1 hour 15 mins early. With a 9am Opening Day I was thinking 4am might have been ok. Now I'm going to have to push that up a few hours.

I feel like they are taking away every advantage I was working for. Now I'm hoping for some reservation system so I know if we are getting in or not.

I'm kind of annoyed with the 6am opening announcement. I assumed HS would open around 6am on Opening Day. Why did they have to go an tell everyone else?!? Yeah, alot of people would figured it out but some would still be clueless. I want an advantage over the clueless.

My family is 'get there early' type of people. On an average day we arrive at the HS gates at least 1 hour 15 mins early. With a 9am Opening Day I was thinking 4am might have been ok. Now I'm going to have to push that up a few hours.

I feel like they are taking away every advantage I was working for. Now I'm hoping for some reservation system so I know if we are getting in or not.
Just between you and me the park will probably open earlier than 6am :) don't worry I won't tell anyone else

I hope May the 4th taught them a little about Merch. They advertised special Merch for the DAH and nearly all had sold out by noon, hours before the DAH even began.

So I clearly need to get my act together and take this much more seriously. The 6am open on 8/29 is for everyone- not just resort guests? I realize that sounds snobby and don’t mean it to..but holy crap - I was hoping for every “legal” advantage I could get. I suppose in some ways it’s good that there are no “ins.”. Now I feel like you will have to camp out overnight(s). Commencing military attack plan now. Thankfully we also like Food & Wine. Do we know if WDW will do the reservations and 4 hour limit like Disneyland?

So I clearly need to get my act together and take this much more seriously. The 6am open on 8/29 is for everyone- not just resort guests? I realize that sounds snobby and don’t mean it to..but holy crap - I was hoping for every “legal” advantage I could get. I suppose in some ways it’s good that there are no “ins.”. Now I feel like you will have to camp out overnight(s). Commencing military attack plan now. Thankfully we also like Food & Wine. Do we know if WDW will do the reservations and 4 hour limit like Disneyland?

Yep the 6AM opening is for EVERYONE for 8/29-8/31. Then there will be Extra EMH at all the parks for resort/good neighbor hotel guests during Sept-Nov. As of now, it doesn't appear they are doing any reservations for the land at all.

As of right now no reservations. Disney of course could still change their minds. It’s fully expected capacity inside the land will be limited. Also expected that there will be a queue outside the land to enter unless more is announced which I’m sure there will be before hand.

As to your question at the end, it is unlikely that there will be any type of reservation system. Disney has said from the beginning that WDW would not have any reservation

As to your question at the end, it is unlikely that there will be any type of reservation system. Disney has said from the beginning that WDW would not have any reservation
I could still very well see them doing a virtual queue system or something tied to your Disney account that limits time in the land or something like that.

I could still very well see them doing a virtual queue system or something tied to your Disney account that limits time in the land or something like that.

Totally agree. They already do park sweeps with the holiday parties and use wristbands to manage entry - I could 100% see them doing something along those lines with color coded wristbands to manage time limits inside the land. TBH I'm really hoping there is SOMETHING in place and that it's not a people pile-up for several hours. Hopefully they start to make plans clearer after they see what works in Cali.

Sorry if this has already been asked... but does anyone know what the ticketed event is on August 28th from 7:30a-9:00a? Is it maybe some sort of press preview? I have Club Level reservations Aug 26-31, and I inquired about this today, but the rep couldn't offer any information..
If you look at the hours on Aug 28th, on the MDE App.. you can see the event...

Sorry if this has already been asked... but does anyone know what the ticketed event is on August 28th from 7:30a-9:00a? Is it maybe some sort of press preview? I have Club Level reservations Aug 26-31, and I inquired about this today, but the rep couldn't offer any information..
If you look at the hours on Aug 28th, on the MDE App.. you can see the event...

Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land. It's right on the disney website, i wish i could say I was surprised that the phone CM didn't have good information. It has nothing to do with SWGE though, and people who have EMM tickets won't have access to SWGE.

Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land. It's right on the disney website, i wish i could say I was surprised that the phone CM didn't have good information. It has nothing to do with SWGE though, and people who have EMM tickets won't have access to SWGE.
Thank you.

This is for Disneyland, but perhaps a preview of what will be allowed at WDW too

NEWS

Disney will allow camping out for opening day (May 31st) and first post-reservation day (June 24th) at Disneyland

upload_2019-5-8_9-14-42.png

I think I'm probably out. Late Oct. using EEMHs looks like a better bet for our family needs, so I'm dedicating vacation time to that, instead. But I'm not ruling out opening weekend - I'll see how Day 1 goes and then decide if I'm up for a day trip Sat or Sun! But I'm gonna stick around here and see how ti all unfolds :)

I think I'm probably out. Late Oct. using EEMHs looks like a better bet for our family needs, so I'm dedicating vacation time to that, instead. But I'm not ruling out opening weekend - I'll see how Day 1 goes and then decide if I'm up for a day trip Sat or Sun! But I'm gonna stick around here and see how ti all unfolds :)
Here..... I think we'll all need some of this! popcorn::

Am I losing my zombie partner :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter