Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
$5000 a night for galactic motel 6 quality cabins!
Most estimates are around $5000 for 2 people with a 3 day/2 night package... so hardly $5000 a night. And it’s an experience, not just the room.

I am certainly bummed that the rooms are not looking like 4 adults would fit, but I’m still 100% going. We will just need 2 rooms...

I was set to agree the beds are tiny. However I found this photo that was put out awhile ago, it's from a photo of an actual cabin, and the beds are the same length as the queen sized bed. And when you see the photo looking out, again, it does seem as though it's the same size. Also, all the press out there specifically says "queen bed and two twins".
igatg383675a-1024x682-1.jpg star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-hotel-cabin-mock-up-1.png

Last edited:
$5000 a night for galactic motel 6 quality cabins!

Oh give me a break.

Pricing and specific details for this multi night immersive EXPERIENCE have not been shared yet.

This is such an innovative imagineering project! It’s amazing how people find stuff to complain about based on a construction progress update photo. The whole concept of this is groundbreaking and I’m excited to see what the final product is - not just the rooms, but the whole experience.

Do we even know if the bunk-style room is the only room type?

ETA: FWIW, I don’t think the bunks really look all that small and think it might be an illusion.

I was set to agree the beds are tiny. However I found this photo that was put out awhile ago, it's from a photo of an actual cabin, and the beds are the same length as the queen sized bed. And when you see the photo looking out, again, it does seem as though it's the same size. Also, all the press out there specifically says "queen bed and two twins".
View attachment 550474 View attachment 550475
Actually looking carefully I can almost guarantee that those beds are smaller. First look at the queen bed it’s actually cut into the wall where the headboard is with two grey pillows in the back in front the gray headboard. For the bunkbeds you can see that the copper/brown headboard is actually out From the wall and it has that ridge surface that’s going to take up more space. The bunks don’t cut into the wall the way that the queen size bed does.

Actually looking carefully I can almost guarantee that those beds are smaller. First look at the queen bed it’s actually cut into the wall where the headboard is with two grey pillows in the back in front the gray headboard. For the bunkbeds you can see that the copper/brown headboard is actually out From the wall and it has that ridge surface that’s going to take up more space. The bunks don’t cut into the wall the way that the queen size bed does.

But couldn’t the foot area of the bunk go deeper since the wall comes out further than the foot of the bed? The space could be made up on the right side of the bunk.

But couldn’t the foot area of the bunk go deeper since the wall comes out further than the foot of the bed? The space could be made up on the right side of the bunk.

you can see the edge around the bunk is pretty minimal in that second photo... I am hoping I am wrong but these beds do not look like a standard twin.

ETA: I’m looking at these compared to the cruise line bunks and I just think they look shorter.
7FCA4186-97E9-42A2-B87E-8FF5D70A546D.jpeg

Last edited:

The queen is cut into the wall, by a few inches, but the wall at the end of the bunk beds is also a few inches past the end of the queen bed, and it's possible (likely) that headboard at the head of the bunk bed is also cut into the wall, as it looks to be flush with the wall paneling in the room.

Oh give me a break.

Pricing and specific details for this multi night immersive EXPERIENCE have not been shared yet.

This is such an innovative imagineering project! It’s amazing how people find stuff to complain about based on a construction progress update photo. The whole concept of this is groundbreaking and I’m excited to see what the final product is - not just the rooms, but the whole experience.

Do we even know if the bunk-style room is the only room type?

ETA: FWIW, I don’t think the bunks really look all that small and think it might be an illusion.
Disney land is not making money because its still closed, films have lost money Disney borrowed a heck of a lot of cash, they have laid of thousands of workers. This hotel is $5000 for two night three day immersive experience I don't see it opening this year.

Disney land is not making money because its still closed, films have lost money Disney borrowed a heck of a lot of cash, they have laid of thousands of workers. This hotel is $5000 for two night three day immersive experience I don't see it opening this year.
I don't see how any of this has to do with the poster you quoted and no one knows how much this will be

So if the comparison is to cruise cabins, I've stayed in a solo studio on NCL (even though I traveled with someone else who also had the same room type). It was like staying in your own cocoon and was extremely comfortable/private. These photographs show the rooms are quite large in comparison.

More importantly, the activities on the ship relegated me to the cabin merely to sleep and refresh for the next activity.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bunks are not large enough for adults or even tall teenagers. They probably want discourage groups of 4 adults from booking the rooms, even if they are charging per person, a cruise ship usually charges less for the 3rd and 4th person in a room, and Disney would probably prefer that those cheaper guests be children, given the all-inclusive nature of the experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bunks are not large enough for adults or even tall teenagers. They probably want discourage groups of 4 adults from booking the rooms, even if they are charging per person, a cruise ship usually charges less for the 3rd and 4th person in a room, and Disney would probably prefer that those cheaper guests be children, given the all-inclusive nature of the experience.
I'm fine with sleeping on the floor to ride this attraction.

I'm fine with sleeping on the floor to ride this attraction.
It’s not a ride or an attraction though. It’s an all inclusive resort experience and I highly doubt they’ll let additional adults sleep on the floor. They’re going to be very strict with the max of 2 adults per room.

I don't see them limiting this to two adults per room... making it hard to book space-wise for multiple adults? Possibly. It will be interesting to see what different cabin types they offer too. No way this is the only one but 100 rooms is very, very limited.

I don't see them limiting this to two adults per room... making it hard to book space-wise for multiple adults? Possibly. It will be interesting to see what different cabin types they offer too. No way this is the only one but 100 rooms is very, very limited.

Yeah if I'm going as a party of 1 or 2 adults only I don't even need or want the bunk beds. I'd rather have a desk or something there.

There were floor plans posted at some point suggesting the majority of the rooms would have this same/similar layout and that there would be a limited number of larger “cabins” available for parties of perhaps 6 (so families with more than 2 kids).

I haven't seen a pool (or perhaps an aptly called hydro-refresher) at this resort. I think that would have made for interesting concept using a cruise like spa/recovery area.
I don’t believe it will have one. Definitely need to keep in mind that this is not a hotel. It’s going to be a short planned out excursion. It’s almost like an Adventures by Disney but within a “hotel” and including a visit to SWGE.

I don’t believe it will have one. Definitely need to keep in mind that this is not a hotel. It’s going to be a short planned out excursion. It’s almost like an Adventures by Disney but within a “hotel” and including a visit to SWGE.
Exactly. For people hoping for a desk in the room, or a pool in the resort, this isn’t that type of place. When you’re staying here, your day is going to be pretty well planned out completely from wake up to sleep time. There isn’t going to be downtime for swimming or doing work in the room. For the price you’re going to be paying, they’re going to keep you very busy.

I didn't see one in any of the layouts. I don't think a pool makes any sense, but a water-based recovery center could. Perhaps it could be a planned experience as part of the itinerary (staggered time-wise).

But you do bring up an interesting point; are the visits to SWGE so rigged and structured that the shuttle transport will only be at limited intervals? I certainly don't see the shuttles as something like every 20 minutes to/from SWGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter