Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love love love these new pictures because this is definitely on my “must do eventually” list, but pretty disappointed that it’s looking like a max of 2 adults per room. And those bunks look pretty small, so even bigger kids might be a no go. I love traveling with my sister and BIL and it’s gonna hurt to have to pay for 2 rooms instead of sharing one.

I'm not convinced it would be too small for older children, and children at heart.
Assuming that is a queen or full mattress, the bunks look about the same length.
You also have what looks like a normal room setup with the bathroom near the entrance. With ADA requirements, one would think that wall has to be 6+ feet, which would accommodate a regular single mattress.
You won't be overwhelmed with space, but I don't think average height folks will be troubled.

I'm not convinced it would be too small for older children, and children at heart.
Assuming that is a queen or full mattress, the bunks look about the same length.
You also have what looks like a normal room setup with the bathroom near the entrance. With ADA requirements, one would think that wall has to be 6+ feet, which would accommodate a regular single mattress.
You won't be overwhelmed with space, but I don't think average height folks will be troubled.
I’m basing it on the fact that there is an adult man standing next to it with one arm outstretched and that looks to take up the majority (2/3?) of the bed from shoulder to opposite hand. Those beds look to be about 5 feet in length, tops. What is the mattress size for the child size pull down that some of the 5 person rooms have in other resorts? I’m guessing same mattress size for these.

I think we need to remember that this is like a cruise cabin. A cruise cabin is not your typical land hotel room. You are “on” a ship here. The room isn’t the destination like say other resorts are. The atmosphere and included activists are the destination.
And I have to hope the size of those bunks are being thrown off with angles or optics of the cameras. I really hope they’re not that small.

It would be a mistake if instead of going with bunks the size of those on the cruise ship if they went with small child sized ones. I am hoping they were wise enough not to do that. I get the room isn't the reason to book but if they are child sized our family will be out. We are only a family of three but none of us are short enough to sleep on child sized bunks.

I’m basing it on the fact that there is an adult man standing next to it with one arm outstretched and that looks to take up the majority (2/3?) of the bed from shoulder to opposite hand. Those beds look to be about 5 feet in length, tops. What is the mattress size for the child size pull down that some of the 5 person rooms have in other resorts? I’m guessing same mattress size for these.

Not even close. He's standing at an angle, and the shadow shows his back is not quite on the back wall. I don't have especially long arms, and taking about that pose against a standard length futon, my hand is a little further forward than even his. I'd say that bunk is probably close to futon length.

It looks to me that your head will go where his shoulder is and then your legs extend past the ladder into the enclosed space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter