STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

It's all good - criticism and/or commentary are always welcome/fair game IMO.

For the record my post wasn't geared towards anyone specifically, it was to address the topic in general. I'm sorry if it came across as targeted (and I can understand how it might read that way), but that was truly not the intent.

Sorry for the snippiness as well. I was just taken aback because I really do think the SC is pretty awesome and I would hope to get a chance to do it one day but it just isn't something I'm willing to splurge on at this moment. However I AM looking forward to hearing and seeing all the amazing stories and pictures coming from this community in the coming weeks and months. Once again I hope y'all have a galactic good time!

I received my cruise schedule for late April and I my day is really booked until 10-11pm each night. My lightsaber and bridge training is still not scheduled. Anyone else have this happen yet?

Is anyone able to get through on the dedicated booking line?
It just seems to go from 'We are closed' straight to 'We are not able to take anymore calls at the moment'... ? been like this for me for 3 days now.

Last edited:
I received my cruise schedule for late April and I my day is really booked until 10-11pm each night. My lightsaber and bridge training is still not scheduled. Anyone else have this happen yet?

Disney's info says that personalized itineraries will be available in the Datapad 30 days before your arrival. It seems for most some of the generic elements of the itinerary are loaded before the 30 day mark, and for me at least, lightsaber and bridge training slots were updated sometime after my 30 day mark (it wasn't right at 30 days for me, it was 5 or so days later). I also recently noticed my Batuu excursion shuttle and last day launch pod times were recently added as well.

So I'd keep checking things at 30 days and thereafter, seems like things slowly start to get updated along the way. I'm guessing some of the exact timing of things like this may change/evolve as they continue to refine how they do things on the back end of this thing, although that's just me speculating.

It just seems to go from 'We are closed' straight to 'We are not able to take anymore calls at the moment'... ? been like this for me for 3 days now.

On Monday I stared calling about 9:30, received the "not taking calls at the moment" message. I kept redialing for about 30-45 minutes, until I got through to the 1st CM. Then I was on hold for approx 2 1/2 hrs until the 2nd CM answered. The booking part of the call took about 30 minutes. Sending positive thoughts that you get through!!!

I got through no problem around noon yesterday. Got the message that they were experiencing heavier than normal call volume, but no estimated wait time was given. A CM picked up within 10 minutes, I was honestly shocked!!

I was able to schedule our portrait session, and she moved around our bridge training to accommodate. I also asked if one night was a more “formal” dinner and she said no (she had been on a CM test voyage). She mentioned that there were people really dressed up and people in costumes and everything in between.

She also mentioned that the people that had the best experiences remained engaged with their data pad and made sure to keep advancing their story. She said that she, personally, wasn’t as engaged the first night as she was too busy exploring the ship, but then did not have the same story moment opportunities on Batuu that others did because she hadn’t advanced her story enough the night before. So just a heads up to remain engaged!

I also confirmed that those arriving by private vehicle would have valet parking included with their stay. Those arriving from other resorts on-site needed to transfer at Disney springs. And she honestly recommended an Uber over doing that.

Finally, I asked when we could arrive (wasn’t sure if we’d have “boarding times” assigned like DCL) and she said we could check in any time after 1 - and that there is “unstructured time” on the ship until 4 where you can drop off your bags, enjoy lunch, snd start exploring!!

I am trying to figure out airport transportation logistics.

We are coming in just for the GS Voyage. No WDW resort stays before or after. Our flight arrives MCO at 9am. I know we can't hang around the GS resort or check into the until 1pm but we could deposit our luggage at the GS terminal if we wish and then go to a resort/park/DS. I'm considering booking our Mears shuttle to another resort just to have a place have breakfast and hang around until 12:30-12:45pm then taxi to GS. Same with our departure, GS will clear out by 10am and we could arrange for our pick up from another resort. Unlike DME Mears will allow you to arrange transportation from any WDW location. I can't imagine that a transport from the GS to MCO would work unless you hit the sweet spot with your arrival time between 1-4pm and departure time pick up at 10am. Thoughts?

There's a starcruiser costuming group on FB, and folks there are definitely planning fancy gala type outfits for dinner. Probably easier to have time to change if you have the second dinner seating, at least that's what I am hoping!

I feel like I read that there were people who felt they missed out on things because they were still eating (dessert) and paying the bill at the second seating and stuff started without them.

I feel like I read that there were people who felt they missed out on things because they were still eating (dessert) and paying the bill at the second seating and stuff started without them.

Paying the bill? Isn't all included?

I've read that ROTR is down this morning, I wonder how are they handling this with the Batuu excursion guests.

I am looking forward to hearing the reviews over the next few weeks. DH mentioned reading one of the test cruise reviews where the kids on board were pretty enthralled with the interactive characters and mobbed them anytime they came out. We talked about the possibility of saving for a special add on to a non park trip someday but I can't see spending nearly 5k to have to fight kids for interaction with the story. Or of the interaction will favor kids present over adults...or if like MFSR your experience is dependent on a 5 year old in the pilot seat who doesn't know what to do.

Paying the bill? Isn't all included?

I've read that ROTR is down this morning, I wonder how are they handling this with the Batuu excursion guests.

We had a LL pass (no time specified) and went over and were put into the LL when the ride opened.

not drinks, but this was from the media event, so not sure how they handled extras like booze.

Alcoholic and fancy drinks are extra charge. They bring the bill at the end of the meal.

I got through no problem around noon yesterday. Got the message that they were experiencing heavier than normal call volume, but no estimated wait time was given. A CM picked up within 10 minutes, I was honestly shocked!!

What phone number did you use? I use 407-939-1800 but also keep getting that we are closed and to call back later.

What phone number did you use? I use 407-939-1800 but also keep getting that we are closed and to call back later.
I got through on that number in the end today, had to hold for 45 minutes.
Just keep dialling back if they say they are closed.

That is the same number I used Monday. Received "not taking calls at this moment" recording, but I kept redialing. Took about 30-45 minutes before call went through & a CM answered. Keep trying & good luck!

We had a LL pass (no time specified) and went over and were put into the LL when the ride opened.

Alcoholic and fancy drinks are extra charge. They bring the bill at the end of the meal.

Did you feel the truck motion on the "Shuttle" to Batuu?

I've seen some videos and it looks unpair with the level of experience it supposed to be. No windows (screens), no animatronics, only a few light effects...

Potentially dumb question - but for those of you who have already received your itineraries: does everyone in your party get the same itinerary? I'm staying in a room with two other adults and we'd like to do everything together if possible. I don't really want to be off doing bridge training while my fiancée is learning to play sabacc.

Potentially dumb question - but for those of you who have already received your itineraries: does everyone in your party get the same itinerary? I'm staying in a room with two other adults and we'd like to do everything together if possible. I don't really want to be off doing bridge training while my fiancée is learning to play sabacc.
We are a group of 5, the 2 adults have the same itinerary so I assume the kids do too. (They don’t have the play app yet!)

We are a group of 5, the 2 adults have the same itinerary so I assume the kids do too. (They don’t have the play app yet!)
I also heard on one of the bloggers YouTube videos if you had younger children and wanted them to follow the same "story" as an adult, to go speak to Guest Services aboard the Halcyon and they can somehow make that happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter