SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Just went to do my online check in for a stay in February. We have a standard studio and love the Paddock area. However, in the options for room location during check in, the Paddock area was not available. All I could pick from was Grandstand, Near Pool or Near Bus Stop. I know I've requested Paddock in the past. Did something change?
Ignore, skip over, leave blank the request section of online checkin. Ask MS to note your request for Paddock. Assuming that you're the DVC owner, you can contact them via the member website chat, email or phone; if you're not the owner, you'll need to ask the owner to submit your request.

Just went to do my online check in for a stay in February. We have a standard studio and love the Paddock area. However, in the options for room location during check in, the Paddock area was not available. All I could pick from was Grandstand, Near Pool or Near Bus Stop. I know I've requested Paddock in the past. Did something change?

We always have touring plans fax our request. We've gotten the location we've wanted all but one time.

I'm second guessing my room request now! We have an upcoming reservation for a 1 bedroom villa, it's me, my DH and my sons ages 11 and soon to be 9. We're actually going to be celebrating my son's 9th birthday. This is our first time staying at SSR and our second time at WDW. As a family we usually prefer smaller boutique hotels and during our first stay we all loved the beach club. This trip we're not spending a lot of days at the park, as a matter of fact our trip is a 7 day stay and we're only going to be at the parks for 2 days. This is more of a relax by the pool, explore DS and explore other hotels type of trip. We booked using my father in law's RCI points and were able to get SSR for an extremely cheap price so that's why we're going there. I'm excited as it looks really nice but I'm concerned that the building I requested IF I get it was not the best. I requested paddock building 12 room 6645 through touringplans, mainly because of its proximity to DS springs. We have ADRs to eat at the DS almost every day and we plan on walking. My children prefer quieter pools / hot tubs than the more noisy one as they enjoy more swimming alone than with a lot of people around so I thought that even though bldg 12 is farther from the paddock pool, it was close enough to the congress park one which seems to be a quiet pool. My husband on the other side, prefers to have a pool bar nearby so he can drink and snack while the kids are at the pool.

We won't have our own car, we'll be taking the bus to the parks and walking or taking the boat to DS and taking an uber to the other hotels where we have activities planned. Having said all that, I'm not sure that the location is the best for us. I'm in very good shape but my kids hate walking and complain all the time, typical kids! My husband walks super slow and he's not the most athletic one. Is there a better location that you can suggest? I know it's just a request and nothing is guaranteed but we arrive in 10 days so if I have time to modify my request I'd like to do so.

One last question, do I have to bring my own dishwasher soap and laundry detergent? I'm placing an order on instant cart from publix and I don't know if that's something I need to *** as well or if I could buy it onsite or if the hotel provides it.
Thank you!

I'm second guessing my room request now! We have an upcoming reservation for a 1 bedroom villa, it's me, my DH and my sons ages 11 and soon to be 9. We're actually going to be celebrating my son's 9th birthday. This is our first time staying at SSR and our second time at WDW. As a family we usually prefer smaller boutique hotels and during our first stay we all loved the beach club. This trip we're not spending a lot of days at the park, as a matter of fact our trip is a 7 day stay and we're only going to be at the parks for 2 days. This is more of a relax by the pool, explore DS and explore other hotels type of trip. We booked using my father in law's RCI points and were able to get SSR for an extremely cheap price so that's why we're going there. I'm excited as it looks really nice but I'm concerned that the building I requested IF I get it was not the best. I requested paddock building 12 room 6645 through touringplans, mainly because of its proximity to DS springs. We have ADRs to eat at the DS almost every day and we plan on walking. My children prefer quieter pools / hot tubs than the more noisy one as they enjoy more swimming alone than with a lot of people around so I thought that even though bldg 12 is farther from the paddock pool, it was close enough to the congress park one which seems to be a quiet pool. My husband on the other side, prefers to have a pool bar nearby so he can drink and snack while the kids are at the pool.

We won't have our own car, we'll be taking the bus to the parks and walking or taking the boat to DS and taking an uber to the other hotels where we have activities planned. Having said all that, I'm not sure that the location is the best for us. I'm in very good shape but my kids hate walking and complain all the time, typical kids! My husband walks super slow and he's not the most athletic one. Is there a better location that you can suggest? I know it's just a request and nothing is guaranteed but we arrive in 10 days so if I have time to modify my request I'd like to do so.

One last question, do I have to bring my own dishwasher soap and laundry detergent? I'm placing an order on instant cart from publix and I don't know if that's something I need to *** as well or if I could buy it onsite or if the hotel provides it.
Thank you!
The Congress park pool is very quiet and a nice relaxing spot to swim. The walk to the Paddock pool would be a shlep for sure. As you pointed out, the Paddock Pool has Paddock Grill, whereas the Congress Park Pool has no food location. However, if you get that building, you won't be too far from The Carriage House as well, and the quick serve there, Artist's Palette.

As far as walking to DS, I think it's a toss-up between walking to the boat dock, or just taking the bridge at Congress. Neither is very far and both are pleasant walks. It depends on where you want to end up (IE how far you need to walk) AFTER you get to DS. We prefer to stay in the Preferred Villas (The Springs and Congress Park), and that Bldg. 12 is the next closest to Preferred without paying for Preferred.

Yes, there is DW and laundry detergent in the villa, and you can ask for more at any time.

As to transpo to and from the Parks, we always rent a car or Uber these days, so I'm not up on the bus situation (which is why we stopped using them regardless of resort). I do know that, depending on where you are in the loop, you could be at the last stop before the bus heads out and you could be faced with full busses and long waits. Others can tell you whether the stop at Congress Park (the closest for you) is at the beginning or the end of the loop.

Last edited:

The Congress Park bust stop is #4 out of 5 bus stops. Unless it is super busy getting on the bus there is snot bad. The Springs, the last stop does get passed by by busses that are full during busy times.

Thank you!

I prefer to stay in Congress park, but when we had a standard room last summer we went with the same request you have in. It is the closest standard view to Disney springs. I also don't think the walk to the congress pool is far either. My son enjoys quieter pools as well, and that's the pool we visited. I don't think the resort is as spread out as it seems. We've always stayed in Congress park or Paddock, and found that walking to the main pool, or Disney springs not to be bad at all. My son also walks to the basketball courts and fitness center which are a little further away, but still not a bad walk in my opinion.

In my opinion I think you're requesting the perfect spot! You'll be able to go to the paddock pool, which has the bar and food, and also congress park isn't far. You can also walk to the main pool with food and drink options.

Good luck with your request. We requested Grandstand for our December trip. We got Carousel I made the request by chat 10 months out. We got the farthest section from the Carriage House, the farthest building in that section from bus stop and the farthest room from the elevator. 3 strikes on the first day of our vacation.

Good luck with your request. We requested Grandstand for our December trip. We got Carousel I made the request by chat 10 months out. We got the farthest section from the Carriage House, the farthest building in that section from bus stop and the farthest room from the elevator. 3 strikes on the first day of our vacation.
But you were close to the treehouses... :rolleyes:

I've had good luck using touring plans for room requests.

I just emailed MS Friday from the DVC site. Got an email same day (evening) confirming my request with obligatory "no guarantees" verbiage.

Does anyone know if the walkway from SSR to the Westside of Disney Springs is reopened yet? it was closed all through COVID and during our last trip in October it was still closed. Heading down this weekend and again a week later.

Hi All,

We are planning a trip to SSR for May. Usually stay at BWV, BCV, or OKW. I want to request a room near the Paddock Pool area (2 BR Dedicated). I was trying to look at the maps to get close to that area, and wondered if the rooms in 5501 area would be a good request. I know they don't honor all requests, but thought I would try anyway. For those of you who stay there often, would this be a good request?

P.S. - we will have our 6month old grandson with us, along with adult son, daughter and son-in-law.

Thanks,

Pam

Hi All,

We are planning a trip to SSR for May. Usually stay at BWV, BCV, or OKW. I want to request a room near the Paddock Pool area (2 BR Dedicated). I was trying to look at the maps to get close to that area, and wondered if the rooms in 5501 area would be a good request. I know they don't honor all requests, but thought I would try anyway. For those of you who stay there often, would this be a good request?

P.S. - we will have our 6month old grandson with us, along with adult son, daughter and son-in-law.

Thanks,

Pam
Based on our experience last June, yes, building 55 would be close to the Paddock pool as well as the bus stop there and would be a good location for your family. Building 51 would be an alternative because it’s on the other side of the pool complex, so just as close. To maximize your chances of getting what you want, I’d chat/email MS and request “building 55 or 51” and make that my only request.

Hi All,

Thanks,

Pam
That would be building 10 which is the building next-door to the paddock pool. You could also go with building nine which is on the other side of the paddock pool. So, if you’re looking to be next to the pool you’ve picked the right spot.

Hi All,

Thanks,

Pam
Be aware that the numbering system for SSR buildings can be confusing. When we stayed there in June 2021, our MDE account said that our room was in Building 45, which contains villas 4501-4836, and that's how it was labeled on the outside. The building you are asking about is building 55, which contains villas 5501-5836, and I suggest you also request building 51, which contains villas 5101-5346 and is on the other side of the Paddock pool. Those two buildings are also known as buildings 10 and 9, which makes it exceedingly confusing for making requests!

I feel like this is a super random question, but here goes . . . we're headed to SSR with wonderful friends and there will be a total of 7 of us (4 40-somethings and 3 teenagers) in a 2 bedroom. We've opted for the dedicated 2 bedroom standard because that gives us more "real beds" but I hate that leaves us with 1 teensy patio/balcony with 2 measly chairs. We're all big "fresh air and sunshine" people and clearly someone with a different mindset designed this space. :) I know at least we adults would love to sit outside for coffee in the morning and wine in the evening (or morning too -- no judgment here) and at least one of the kids usually hangs out with us outside as well.

Any suggestions for conveniently located places we could easily pop over to and sit outside together? Should I just request to be close to a pool? I'm not familiar enough with SSR to know if they have benches, tables, etc. scattered about. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

That would be building 10 which is the building next-door to the paddock pool. You could also go with building nine which is on the other side of the paddock pool. So, if you’re looking to be next to the pool you’ve picked the right spot.
thank you for your help

Be aware that the numbering system for SSR buildings can be confusing. When we stayed there in June 2021, our MDE account said that our room was in Building 45, which contains villas 4501-4836, and that's how it was labeled on the outside. The building you are asking about is building 55, which contains villas 5501-5836, and I suggest you also request building 51, which contains villas 5101-5346 and is on the other side of the Paddock pool. Those two buildings are also known as buildings 10 and 9, which makes it exceedingly confusing for making requests!
Thank you Carolyn for the clarification. This is quite helpful.

Does anyone know what the current pool hours are? We will be at SS for the first night in early March and I am trying to get an idea of what to expect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter