SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hi All,

We are planning a trip to SSR for May. Usually stay at BWV, BCV, or OKW. I want to request a room near the Paddock Pool area (2 BR Dedicated). I was trying to look at the maps to get close to that area, and wondered if the rooms in 5501 area would be a good request. I know they don't honor all requests, but thought I would try anyway. For those of you who stay there often, would this be a good request?

P.S. - we will have our 6month old grandson with us, along with adult son, daughter and son-in-law.

Thanks,

Pam
We usually request "Paddock area, upper floor, near pool" and have always had good success getting that.

I’m staying 1 night at SSR in a non preferred room before my stay at the Poly. I requested the grandstand area just for the ease of being near the main building but I know it’s not guaranteed. Few questions…I’m assuming bell services will assist in getting myself and my luggage to the room, correct? And also is there an internal bus system like OKW has just in case I’m far away from the main building?

I’m staying 1 night at SSR in a non preferred room before my stay at the Poly. I requested the grandstand area just for the ease of being near the main building but I know it’s not guaranteed. Few questions…I’m assuming bell services will assist in getting myself and my luggage to the room, correct? And also is there an internal bus system like OKW has just in case I’m far away from the main building?
Yes and yes - in the sense that you can catch any park bus and it will bring you to the main building. The buses pick up from the standard areas - Grandstand, Carousel and Paddock, in that order - and then travel to Congress Park and finally to the Springs, which is the stop for the main building. There's also a bus that goes to Disney Springs, but we didn't use it, and I'm not quite sure that it goes the same direction as the park buses vs. opposite.

Yes and yes - in the sense that you can catch any park bus and it will bring you to the main building. The buses pick up from the standard areas - Grandstand, Carousel and Paddock, in that order - and then travel to Congress Park and finally to the Springs, which is the stop for the main building. There's also a bus that goes to Disney Springs, but we didn't use it, and I'm not quite sure that it goes the same direction as the park buses vs. opposite.
Typically the Disney Springs bus goes in the opposite direction, but occasionally it's not the case. Our last stay there, the CMs in the gift shop told us to always ask to confirm it was just starting its route and would be going in reverse.

Typically the Disney Springs bus goes in the opposite direction, but occasionally it's not the case. Our last stay there, the CMs in the gift shop told us to always ask to confirm it was just starting its route and would be going in reverse.
From what I remember the DS bus goes Springs, Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park the back to Springs, then leaves. It cannot go backwards, the bus pick up areas are only in one direction, so the bus would have to do about 5 loops of the property to hit all the bus stops. We usually take the boat.

Hi think what I'm aboutvt write is correct but correct me if I'm wrong.
The DS bus has resort displayed on its sign on its first round then reverses directions and changes to the DS bus on the way out. At least that is how I understood it during our December stay.

I've seen pics of the remodel on the Carriage House. I thought there was also to be work done on the porte-cochère, but haven't seen anything on that. Was I wrong on that? Any visible changes?

So I had some posts earlier talking about our May stay in a 2BR. I requested Paddock area near pool and ground floor. On touring plans, I selected room 5527. It seemed to have the best view and closest to the bridge to the Springs area. We do want to stay downstairs if at all possible since my daughter will have her 6 month old with us. Anyone stay in that room? Is it easy to get to the Paddock pool from that location?

Also, we have never eaten at the Turf Club. Thinking that may be a good place to eat on our arrive evening. Thoughts?

Do they still provide plastic utensils in the studios, or should we bring spoons for breakfast in the room? Thanks!

I'm second guessing my room request now! We have an upcoming reservation for a 1 bedroom villa, it's me, my DH and my sons ages 11 and soon to be 9. We're actually going to be celebrating my son's 9th birthday. This is our first time staying at SSR and our second time at WDW. As a family we usually prefer smaller boutique hotels and during our first stay we all loved the beach club. This trip we're not spending a lot of days at the park, as a matter of fact our trip is a 7 day stay and we're only going to be at the parks for 2 days. This is more of a relax by the pool, explore DS and explore other hotels type of trip. We booked using my father in law's RCI points and were able to get SSR for an extremely cheap price so that's why we're going there. I'm excited as it looks really nice but I'm concerned that the building I requested IF I get it was not the best. I requested paddock building 12 room 6645 through touringplans, mainly because of its proximity to DS springs. We have ADRs to eat at the DS almost every day and we plan on walking. My children prefer quieter pools / hot tubs than the more noisy one as they enjoy more swimming alone than with a lot of people around so I thought that even though bldg 12 is farther from the paddock pool, it was close enough to the congress park one which seems to be a quiet pool. My husband on the other side, prefers to have a pool bar nearby so he can drink and snack while the kids are at the pool.

We won't have our own car, we'll be taking the bus to the parks and walking or taking the boat to DS and taking an uber to the other hotels where we have activities planned. Having said all that, I'm not sure that the location is the best for us. I'm in very good shape but my kids hate walking and complain all the time, typical kids! My husband walks super slow and he's not the most athletic one. Is there a better location that you can suggest? I know it's just a request and nothing is guaranteed but we arrive in 10 days so if I have time to modify my request I'd like to do so.

One last question, do I have to bring my own dishwasher soap and laundry detergent? I'm placing an order on instant cart from publix and I don't know if that's something I need to *** as well or if I could buy it onsite or if the hotel provides it.
Thank you!
I love all of our non park days! We always rent a pontoon boat one day, nothing like buzzing about in front of MK and exploring other areas. Also like to enjoy the mini golf over by Blizzard beach. Have fun!!

If anybody is there now, would you let me know if they still have magnets for sale at the shop? Thanks!

If you are asking about resort specific magnets, they did not as of last weekend. We went to the gift shop specifically for a SSR magnet and they were out of stock.

If you are asking about resort specific magnets, they did not as of last weekend. We went to the gift shop specifically for a SSR magnet and they were out of stock.
Yeah, that's what I was asking for. Sigh... they released one late last year but it seems they're gone everywhere, can't even find it on eBay. Thanks for letting me know.

1st stay at SSR!! And SOLO!!! Very excited! :earsgirl:

Sorry if it's been answered already but are all Standard Studios renovated or are some not finished?
Also, is there construction going on?

This is my R & R, I NEED QUIET trip. Hoping for top floor, away from elevator, road noise & pool parties. LOL! Best suggestions?

1st stay at SSR!! And SOLO!!! Very excited! :earsgirl:

Sorry if it's been answered already but are all Standard Studios renovated or are some not finished?
Also, is there construction going on?

This is my R & R, I NEED QUIET trip. Hoping for top floor, away from elevator, road noise & pool parties. LOL! Best suggestions?
SSR villa renovations have been complete since last summer. I’m not sure whether they've finished the Carriage House or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter