SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I was just given a quote with for a studio with a 30% off pin. I have never stayed at SSR and I have some concerns since I can't seem to find much on Disboards. It will be myself 48, DH 46, boys 14 and 10. We have stayed at POP and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but this is our first DVC property. The studio is "preferred" in the Paddock section. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Hi I'm a dvc member at SSR - I believe the preferred sections are congress park ( closest to Disney springs) and the springs section ( closest to the main reception & pool). The paddock section is standard ? I would check this with your travel agent.
Having said that we love SSR as for us it's very relaxing a great place away from the busy parks

I was just given a quote with for a studio with a 30% off pin. I have never stayed at SSR and I have some concerns since I can't seem to find much on Disboards. It will be myself 48, DH 46, boys 14 and 10. We have stayed at POP and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but this is our first DVC property. The studio is "preferred" in the Paddock section. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.
I believe if you have preferred, it would be in Congress Park or the Springs.

It's a nice resort, with some amazing views.... The Turf Club TS at the Carriage House is a true hidden Gem. Some of the best Prime Rib I've had.
Boat ride over to DS is a nice little ride. Or if in CP a nice lil stroll..

Paddock is standard view, preferred sections are Congress Park and The Springs.

Just be advised that a studio has one queen bed and a pull out sofa. Your boys would have to share the pull out.

I believe if you have preferred, it would be in Congress Park or the Springs.

It's a nice resort, with some amazing views.... The Turf Club TS at the Carriage House is a true hidden Gem. Some of the best Prime Rib I've had.
Boat ride over to DS is a nice little ride. Or if in CP a nice lil stroll..
Thanks, I will double check this with reservations.

Paddock is standard view, preferred sections are Congress Park and The Springs.

Just be advised that a studio has one queen bed and a pull out sofa. Your boys would have to share the pull out.

Hi. I have a one bedroom standard next month.
I didn't book preferred due to needed to save points.
We would like to walk/take boat to DTD a few evenings, playing golf on site and going to three parks.
We are also spending some days just hanging by the pool.
Where would I want to request for just two adults.

Thank you.

Have a 2-bedroom booked for next month. Even though VGF and Poly are our home resorts, we find ourselves staying at SSR more and more due to the point values and proximity to Disney Springs. Can't wait.

Have a 2-bedroom booked for next month. Even though VGF and Poly are our home resorts, we find ourselves staying at SSR more and more due to the point values and proximity to Disney Springs. Can't wait.

I LOVE that we have DTD in our backyard. My dd is going there next month with her boyfriend and although it was the last resort available for their full dates (just booked this week), it was the first resort she actually chose since they wanted to be at DTD at night for shopping, dining and drinks and not having to wait for busses at the
end of the night is a huge bonus. They are also playing golf right on site. I'm happy not too many prefer to stay here since it keeps our inventory open LOL

I LOVE that we have DTD in our backyard. My dd is going there next month with her boyfriend and although it was the last resort available for their full dates (just booked this week), it was the first resort she actually chose since they wanted to be at DTD at night for shopping, dining and drinks and not having to wait for busses at the
end of the night is a huge bonus. They are also playing golf right on site. I'm happy not too many prefer to stay here since it keeps our inventory open LOL

I definitely love golfing at LBV course and love that it's on site at SSR. Huge part of why we booked there the first time we went. I actually prefer the scenery around the LBV course to the scenery around Palm. Just my opinion.

When walking from Congress Park to DS, does the path lead out to Buena Vista Dr and then over to DS or is there some type of walkway/bridge?

Just purchased at SSR after many trips and staying at numerous resort hotels. We will be going in June for our first trip and to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Is there anyway to request a room or at least a building? We'd love Congress Park so we can sit on our deck and watch the comings and goings at DS.

Is there anyway to request a room or at least a building? We'd love Congress Park so we can sit on our deck and watch the comings and goings at DS.
You will want to book a Preferred room, which guarantees you a location in either Congress Park or Springs. You can request to be in the Congress Park area, but that part is just a request.

We would like to walk/take boat to DTD a few evenings, playing golf on site and going to three parks.

Thank you.

Personally, we prefer Grandstand. It's close to Carriage House, has a pool next to the first 2 buildings and is the first bus stop, on and off. Also, close enough to carry your sticks to LBV pro shop if you want.

Just purchased at SSR after many trips and staying at numerous resort hotels. We will be going in June for our first trip and to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Is there anyway to request a room or at least a building? We'd love Congress Park so we can sit on our deck and watch the comings and goings at DS.

You can request location through on-line check-in, or call and ask a CM to put a note on your reservation.

:welcome:to the disboards.

Hi!

I'll be arriving at SSR on the 25th of April with some friends, and I had a quick question about SSR 2B villas. Air con... are those units now using digital thermostats; and if so - what's the lowest the thermostat can be set to? (I'm from the UK, and if the temp is above 63~65F, I won't be able to sleep!).

I also want to avoid the AC turning its self off in the middle of the night. Waking up sweating at 3am is never pleasant :-)

My sanity thanks you in advance!

-C

Last edited:
Hi everyone! We will be staying in October for F&W. I was looking for thoughts on a room request for a studio in the Congress Park section (we have "preferred" reserved and as I understand it, that's CP or the Springs). Does anyone have a good building # and/or room # that would overlook Disney Springs? Also, can anyone provide a link to a map to the CP section only?

Thanks for any information!

Thank you.

we stayed in building 85-88 which is actually the same building but different floor numbers. you walk out the side and you are basically at the pro shop, a little further ( maybe .1 mile) you are at the boat for DTD plus you are real close to the carriage house. I loved that building. to me that is more convenient than the springs because you don't have to cross a main road with traffic.

Hi!

I'll be arriving at SSR on the 25th of April with some friends, and I had a quick question about SSR 2B villas. Air con... are those units now using digital thermostats; and if so - what's the lowest the thermostat can be set to? (I'm from the UK, and if the temp is above 63~65F, I won't be able to sleep!).

I also want to avoid the AC turning its self off in the middle of the night. Waking up sweating at 3am is never pleasant :-)

My sanity thanks you in advance!

-C

I believe the lowest that the thermostat will go is 65 (maybe 67) I can't quite recall. However, this thread may be useful to you: https://www.disboards.com/threads/room-thermostat-override.2260730/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter