SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

they call them buildings but they are actually floors, yes 85-88 is in the grandstand area. after requesting the specific buildings I would then request a grandstand building that is near the pool. those would be the most convenient.

Hi, I will be saying in a 2 bedroom in August and I have a few questions. I have a cash reservation that was made in february (originally made for CBR but received a complimentary switch to SSR 2 br). At the time, there was no distinction on Disney's site between standard and preferred bookings, and nothing was said to us when we switched here. Our reservation also makes no note of it, and I can't go off of pricing since we are paying CBR rate. I would assume we would be considered standard, but does anybody know a way to tell for sure?

If we are standard, I would like to put in a request for a room either in Paddock in one of the buildings that starts with 5 or Grandstand in a building that starts with 8. What would be the best way to request this? Should I just say "near pool" since all those buildings are closest to the pools, or should I request those areas of buildings in a certain way?

Also, is there a (dry) playground in Paddock or is the only one in Congress Park?

Is the Grandstand pool now fenced like the others?

Are there any refillable mug stations open late or 24 hours?

Are cash reservations all dedicated 2 bedroom or is there a chance I could get a lockoff? Would I need to request a dedicated 2 br?

Thank you so much!

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

The Treehouse Villas usually book up quickly. SSR owners can book at 11 months out; owners at other resorts can book them at 7 months. Two things in your favor are that you are still outside the 7-month window so you're only competing with SSR owners; and January tends to be one of the "slower" months -- although it's still pretty popular! ;)

If your dates are unavailable, you can "wait list" although I don't know what the success rate is for THVs that are wait-listed. Obviously, the shorter the stay, the better the chances!

We've finally completed our closing, spoke with MA out of curiosity to see if we're in the system, we are!!! Treehouses are available.

Just put a down payment on 100 points! Brand new to DVC. We are soooo excited. Happy Anniversary Honey (and christmans, and birthday, .....(for the next several years))

We're in th closing process of SSR, really excited about it. What are the chances for a January trip , for THV to be available.

Welcome Home to both of you! Be sure to ask your questions in the right areas (DVC Misc is good for all those non-membership, non-resort questions.) SSR is almost always the last to "sell out" and so is available at almost all times of year and on short notice. I am going in 2 weeks and booked just 2 weeks ago. January should not be a problem EXCEPT watch out for special events. The WDW Marathon is held in early January each year and all rooms sell out for that time far ahead.

We are staying at SS for the first time this November, and have reserved a 1 bedroom suite. When the online checkin opens, what area should I request? We've never even visited SS before, so I don't know where to begin!

Being close to transportation would be nice. =)

We are staying at SS for the first time this November, and have reserved a 1 bedroom suite. When the online checkin opens, what area should I request? We've never even visited SS before, so I don't know where to begin!

The buses run all thru the SSR resort so you're never terribly far from a stop. What did you book - preferred or standard? That's going to dictate what area's you will be staying in and can form requests from that. Preferred is Congress Park and The Springs. Standard is Paddock, Grandstand and Carousel.

The buses run all thru the SSR resort so you're never terribly far from a stop. What did you book - preferred or standard? That's going to dictate what area's you will be staying in and can form requests from that. Preferred is Congress Park and The Springs. Standard is Paddock, Grandstand and Carousel.
Good question! I'm not sure...I'm looking at my reservation right now and it just says 1 Bedroom Villa. It doesn't say anything about standard or preferred.

Good question! I'm not sure...I'm looking at my reservation right now and it just says 1 Bedroom Villa. It doesn't say anything about standard or preferred.

Did you book it thru CRO (ie, Disney cash reservations?) If so then maybe they aren't designating there and it's only different on point bookings. If it's a cash booking then it's probable that you could be placed in any section and could request any of them.

Besides close to transportation what might you like? Close to the main pool? Close to dining? Close to any pool? Hope for a Disney Springs view? Close access to Disney Springs? Those tend to be things that one might request for at SSR.

I booked it through the regular website like our previous vacations. I just chatted with Disney and they said when the reservations part opens back up to call to request a certain view.

Post #2 on this thread has a map and LOTS of infomation on the different areas that might help you decide what sounds most appealing.

We prefer the Grandstand section. It's very close to the Carriage House and those amenities, and it has a very nice pool, children's splash area, and snack bar. Plus it is the first bus stop for the resort, which can be significant. You're virtually guaranteed a seat on a bus to a park on busy mornings since the bus arrives empty. There are five, I think, stops within the resort, and more than once we've gotten on at the Grandstand and had the bus fill up by the third stop and have to bypass the remaining stops. And it's nice being the first place to be let off after a long day in the parks.

Hi, I will be saying in a 2 bedroom in August and I have a few questions. I have a cash reservation that was made in february (originally made for CBR but received a complimentary switch to SSR 2 br). At the time, there was no distinction on Disney's site between standard and preferred bookings, and nothing was said to us when we switched here. Our reservation also makes no note of it, and I can't go off of pricing since we are paying CBR rate. I would assume we would be considered standard, but does anybody know a way to tell for sure?

If we are standard, I would like to put in a request for a room either in Paddock in one of the buildings that starts with 5 or Grandstand in a building that starts with 8. What would be the best way to request this? Should I just say "near pool" since all those buildings are closest to the pools, or should I request those areas of buildings in a certain way?

Also, is there a (dry) playground in Paddock or is the only one in Congress Park?

Is the Grandstand pool now fenced like the others?

Are there any refillable mug stations open late or 24 hours?

Are cash reservations all dedicated 2 bedroom or is there a chance I could get a lockoff? Would I need to request a dedicated 2 br?

Thank you so much!
1) Near pool would be my choice for a request
2) I believe it's a wet play area @ the paddock
3) Yes, Fenced in...
4) I believe that there is one over by the Grandstand pool, and I believe it's always on?
5) not sure of that :confused3

Silly question, I know. But...I'm in the Paddock and will be checking my bags with RAC on Monday. Will they send a golf cart, if I call, so I don't have to lug the bags?

We have a 3 night stay mid July. This will be a no park trip, just water parks, downtown, movies, mini golf...Can anyone tell me how long the walk to the marketplace side from the springs the main lobby/springs area? I would love a nice view from congress park but I don't want a 10 min walk just for a drink refill.

We have a 3 night stay mid July. This will be a no park trip, just water parks, downtown, movies, mini golf...Can anyone tell me how long the walk to the marketplace side from the springs the main lobby/springs area? I would love a nice view from congress park but I don't want a 10 min walk just for a drink refill.

The first post in this thread will probably answer your questions . There's a map and an extensive listing of the pros and cons of each area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!