• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR blows OKW out of the water

OKW Pluses (Only 1)
- Rooms are Less points
Rooms are larger too.
Spa tubs are real spa tubs.
Balconies actually fit more than two people on them.
Bus service has always been excellent. SSR's ain't bad, but OKW still has the edge.

OKW Minuses
- Feels like old age home. No Disney magic, may as well buy a condo in central Florida We enjoy the Key West theme, landscaping, quiet neighborhood feel. I guess I'm old. :rotfl:
- Busy Roads next to some rooms SSR also has some busy roads next to rooms, but you don't seem to hear the noise as much.

SSR Pluses
- Pleasure Island - feel some life!! Only a quick bus ride away from OKW.
- Adventurers Club
- Style of buldings
- Better Work out Room Agree there!
- Better Pool About the same to me.
- Great restaurants at DTD Very true, but you can also walk or take a boat to DD from OKW.
- Newer True, but OKW is well cared for.

I would add Artist's Palette as a definite plus. OKW sorely needs an indoor food court type place.

SSR Minuses
- Need better on-site restaurant
- Too Big I think it's just right.

Tell me where I am wrong??

We love both resorts and own points at both. We love the size of OKW and the decor of SSR. Both definitely have their pluses and minuses.

Humor me everyone, where do people find these old threads. I know the ones that are continued, such as smoking, occupancy etc. are easy to find but I can't find something posted last week, much less last year.

OKW is a great resort, SSR is a great resort, each are different, and different is good. End of discussion. :rotfl:

Clearly its been a while and I think every resorrt has its plusses even though I dislike the OKW studios (unless I'm traveling with people).

OKW has a gorgeous marina and boat ride to DTD. That main area makes you feel absolutely as if you'd gone away to some beach area for a vacation. I dont get that feeling from SSR...and that makes sense because its supposed to give you the feeling of Saratoga, NY not out in the Hamptons, NY.

I think we must be a blessed group of people who have the ability to vacation in one of the best spots on earth. All the DVC resorts rock; in different ways; but I love em' all!

Order me one of those boat drinks....I'll be right down (okay, so I won't be down for three months to OKW, but the important thing is that exactly three months from now, I will be sitting on one of those verandahs!

Let's face it folks...we are all extremely fortunate to be part of the magic-no matter which resort we stay in!

I agree that it is time to put this thread to bed :)

I agree that it is time to put this thread to bed :)

Awe, you're no fun! From the thread title I expected this to breaking news that SSR has torpedo guns on the overlook to start blasting those OKW ferries out of the lake. Could be fun. :lmao:

Awe, you're no fun! From the thread title I expected this to breaking news that SSR has torpedo guns on the overlook to start blasting those OKW ferries out of the lake. Could be fun. :lmao:

I can see it now! The ultimate "resort war"!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We own @ SSR but still prefer to stay at OKW for....
- bigger rooms
-parking at the door
- quiet atmosphere

:o)

One Plus for OKW that you did not mention was that the OKW rooms are far bigger than any other DVC. This is a definite plus in my opinion!

] Right now, I would be happy to sleep in a tent on WDW property:rotfl2:

Oh wait! That's how we got the family to WDW on a teacher's salary when the kids were little. The older ones say Fort Wilderness is their favorite resort.

They could drop water balloons from the walkpath bridge that goes from SSR to DD when the boats pass under it......:rotfl2:
BridgeToDD.jpg

OK, there's really no walking bridge. Just some fun with photo editing.

OKW--the feel of a real apartment. Just park your car, walk to your front door and you are home!!
SSR has those corridors and elevators, making it more "hotel" like.

OKW--the feel of a real apartment. Just park your car, walk to your front door and you are home!!
SSR has those corridors and elevators, making it more "hotel" like.

:lmao: LOL.... I think you are the first person to ever "accuse" SSR of being "hotel like"! :rotfl:

No--just more "hotel like" than OKW. There I'm out my front door, and there is my car.
At Saratoga, out my door into a corridor, then an elevator down to a small lobby, out to a parking lot.
"More hotel like"
OKW is more "apartment like". Which is what I like.

:lmao: LOL.... I think you are the first person to ever "accuse" SSR of being "hotel like"! :rotfl:

I thought that too, was UncleR even at SSR.:rotfl:

I agree UncleR, it is actually something in between, more closed than OKW, especially when it is pouring rain, but not totally enclosed like a hotel.

Any Disney resort I am in is a GREAT RESORT because it means I am on vacation at Disney........... :cool1:

DH ::MickeyMo

And THAT, after all is said and done, is all that matters: "I am on vacation at Disney!" :thumbsup2

That is the great thing about DVC.

There is something for everyone. One person likes are another dislikes.

They could drop water balloons from the walkpath bridge that goes from SSR to DD when the boats pass under it......:rotfl2:
BridgeToDD.jpg

NOW you're talking! Water balloon grenades and torpedo launchers. We could have some real fun with that. :happytv:

OK, there's really no walking bridge. Just some fun with photo editing.

You're reminding me of London's Millenium Bridge spanning the Thames to St. Paul's. Do you think the DTD bridge will sway as well?

Hey, I guess that's another on the wish list for improvement. Next we need a good ol' fashion resort regatta around the lake. Drag POR into it and we can a lot of fun. (Mind you, I wouldn't mind seeing a DVC a POR. That's a theming I really like.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter