Squeezing Quarters Til the Eagle Screams..a May 2010 PTR! 4/9 Update!!

Aww, how exciting that Josh can come for part of the trip! They are so cute together! Now if only the rest of us coul find a guy that sweet... That would really stink if he can't use his military tickets and you have to pay the fee for changing after 45 days.:headache: Let us know what happens. Can't wait to see the updated itinerary-sounds like you will all have a lot of fun. Our trips are just around the corner! :banana:

What awesome news! I know that you guys are excited about him going with ya'll.

I think everybody in the room has to be on the same package. Ummm, this may sound really bad but do you have to tell them that's he's coming along? He could purchase his tickets separately. Wait, did ya'll have the dining plan?

So nice that Josh will be able to join y'all. I know Somer is tickled about that! I really think a Louisiana DIS meet would be great, or even just a Baton Rouge area one. There seem to be lots of DISers around here. Last time I met a DISer from New Orleans on the plane because she noticed my LGMH on my luggage!

Somer & I are both just tickled pink Josh is coming along. He was so cute last night asking if he could have some t-shirts made for the trip, too. Somer had said she didn't think he'd want any, but he's way excited about it! He's big into surfing (go figure - a Navy seal liking to surf ;) ), so now I have to come up with some Disney/Surfer designs for him.

A Baton Rouge Dis meet would be awesome!

Aww, how exciting that Josh can come for part of the trip! They are so cute together! Now if only the rest of us coul find a guy that sweet... That would really stink if he can't use his military tickets and you have to pay the fee for changing after 45 days.:headache: Let us know what happens. Can't wait to see the updated itinerary-sounds like you will all have a lot of fun. Our trips are just around the corner! :banana:

We're all really excited about going together. Josh told me this morning that he doesn't want me driving my old beat up car to Disney World, so he's adding me to his insurance & is going to trade vehicles with me for the trip. He has a brand new Chevy Silverado double cab, which is (1) more reliable and (2) will give him more room to stretch out. My poor Hyundai Elantra is not feeling the love. :rolleyes:

I agree, with some fairy dust, maybe the rest of us can find someone as sweet as Josh - even me! Sing with me - "Some day my prince will come" :goodvibes

Yeah, so I checked & to add him to our resort room, he'd have to be on the package with us. There's an extra $370 cost involved. He was cool with it, though, so we'll get him added sometime this week once he gets the money together.

What awesome news! I know that you guys are excited about him going with ya'll.

It's going to be fun having a man along. It's been just us girls for so many years, we're sure to enjoy a different perspective on the trip. And just the thought of my little sparkly princess hanging out at the ESPN club makes me :rotfl: Somer doesn't know a football from a baseball...well, slightly exxagerated, but you get my meaning. :rolleyes:

I think everybody in the room has to be on the same package. Ummm, this may sound really bad but do you have to tell them that's he's coming along? He could purchase his tickets separately. Wait, did ya'll have the dining plan?

Oooh! You have given me something to think about! Hmmmm....:scratchin We don't have the dining plan, just room & tickets.

The only problem is, I don't know if I could be a rule breaker. :guilty: I've always been such a stickler for following the rules. When I was a child, I would chastise people in the supermarket for eating grapes before they've paid for them since it's technically stealing when you pay by weight. This made my mom super embarrassed. :rolleyes: It still bothers me, but I keep my trap shut now. :cool2:

I'll ponder this a bit & get back to ya'll.

Oooh! You have given me something to think about! Hmmmm....:scratchin We don't have the dining plan, just room & tickets.

The big problem with this is that he won't have a room key. I don't know if you guys are planning on doing any EMHs but you need to show your key to go on any rides.:confused3

I have to confess that Lacey was still 17 on our last trip to Disney. She was actually not but I just couldn't see paying the extra charge for her in the room when the room capacity is 4 anyway.

:laughing:
The big problem with this is that he won't have a room key. I don't know if you guys are planning on doing any EMHs but you need to show your key to go on any rides.:confused3

Yeah, we will be going to MK EMH on Sunday, May 2. I've decided it's best we go ahead & pay for him on the pkg. It's the right thing to do & I wouldn't want to get him in trouble because I was trying to skirt the system. Though it is certainly tempting!

I have to confess that Lacey was still 17 on our last trip to Disney. She was actually not but I just couldn't see paying the extra charge for her in the room when the room capacity is 4 anyway.

Now that's a different story! If I could claim Josh as 17, I would be tempted to do so, too. :laughing: For some reason, I don't think they'd believe me. :rolleyes1 I totally understand you doing that, though. It's ridiculous to charge extra for an adult. How can that make a difference as long as you're within the limits of people/room? :confused: Just another way to increase rates, I guess. :confused3

Just checking in-I hope everything's okay, seeing as you haven't posted in nearly 3 weeks! :scared1: Our trips are getting closer by the day!:cool1:

Just checking in-I hope everything's okay, seeing as you haven't posted in nearly 3 weeks! :scared1: I'm okay - just been tied up with work & personal life issues. But I'm back now & soooo ready for Disney!Our trips are getting closer by the day!:cool1: I know, it's so exciting!

I'm baaaacckk!! It's been so long since I've posted! I'm sorry about the interruption of my report. There's been a ton of stuff going on at home, at work, and my computer access was severely limited since my computer at home crashed & it took me a couple of weeks to get it back up & running.

So, what's been up with Dawn & Somer since I last posted, you ask? Well, you didn't ask, but I'm going to give you the drive-by version & then elaborate a bit. Mmm-k?

Where to begin? Hmmmm....

Ok, since I last posted on 3/15, these things have happened (in basically this order):

• Computer at home crashed :mad:
  • Computer at work being used solely for the purpose of audit prep - thank goodness it's nearly here & will soon be over :upsidedow
  • My parent's celebrated their 53rd wedding anniversary:goodvibes
  • Josh asked me for Somer's hand in marriage - I said yes :lovestruc
  • I was shot at in my own back yard :furious:
  • Josh was rushed to the ER on same night as shooting incident :scared1:
  • I helped Josh pick out Somer's ring :woohoo:
  • Josh asked Somer to marry him - she said yes! :banana:
  • Wedding is set for January 8 of 2011 - plans are being made
  • I had a bone marrow biopsy - well, 2 actually - 1 aspiration in the sternum & one bone plug from the hip :sick:
  • I got to keep my new DGS for the weekend of Easter - we had SO much fun! :cool1:
  • We found THE dress - it's perfect! Now to save for it. :worship:
  • Somer was rushed to the ER -- she has clinical exhaustion & must rest more:sad2:
  • I was started on new therapy for secondary MDS (acts like leukemia, but isn't cancer - it's the result of damage to my bone marrow from chemo/radiation) :headache: Basically, I have anemia, neutropenia, and thrombocytopenia. My red, white, and platelet counts are way down & I bruise VERY easily. I look like a black & blue spotted something right now. It's not pretty. But I'm hopeful the treatments work & I'll get through this, too. I know God is watching over me.

Ok, that's it in a nutshell! I'll touch on the big ticket items in more detail below, never worry! ;)

Are you tired just from reading all this? Yep, thought so! I've been going - :crazy2:!

The Whirlwind Romance!
Yep, you read that right. Somer is getting married! :dance3: The good news is that Josh & Somer are so happy & so in love & all the family just loves him! The two of them are so sweet to see. They really did fall in love at first sight. We (Josh & I) get along really well- we tease each other that he's like the male version of me - Somer's not marrying her daddy, she's marrying her mama. :lmao: Seriously, though, I feel like he couldn't be more of my son if I'd given birth to him. I just adore that young man. And he says that he feels the same way.

The ring is beautiful - I don't have any really good pictures of it yet - just a blurry pic from the cell phone, but I'll post it here anyway.

They have been so busy lately & havent' had a chance to get their engagement photos done yet, but hopefully soon.

And in all this, I not only get a new son, I get a grandson! :cool1: Josh's son from his previous marriage, Tristin, is 5 (will be 6 on April 30) and is just the sweetest little boy ever! He didn't know what to call me, so I told him he could call me Dawn until he came up with a nickname he liked. Well, just last Saturday I was pushing him around in the Wal Mart basket being silly with him, and he lights up & says, "Hey, I know what I want to call you! Big Mama!" :rotfl2: I just said, "Oh, yeah?" And he says, "Yeah, 'cause I saw this movie one time where a man played the part of a lady & he was SO FUNNY - just like you! They called him Big Mama & that's what I want to call you!" I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Especially since I call him "Little Man" all the time. And let's face it, I am a big mama! :rolleyes1

So our little family is growing by leaps & bounds. And we couldn't be happier or more excited.

The Night I got Shot At & Josh Went to the ER
I was spending the day cleaning out my room & making separate piles of bags - donation, toss, rearrange. Well, it was around 5:30 p.m. when I started to take several of the donation bags out to the car so I could load up to take them to Goodwill. All day long we had heard hunters in the woods behind our house shooting. The dogs had been going crazy! The shots sounded pretty far away & on the neighboring property, so while annoying, not disturbing.

Well, when I went to load up my car, I noticed that the shots seemed to be much closer & maybe even on our property. This annoys me because I know hunters trespass on our property all the time & leave their trash behind, etc.
Just as I was leaning over to pick up one of the bags to put into my trunk I hear that awful sound - the snick, whizz, whine (if you've ever heard it, you know what I'm talking about - no mistaking the sound). Within a millisecond of recognizing the sound, I feel something graze right past my ear & thud into the ground about 6 feet in front of me. I instinctively threw myself on the ground as soon as I heard the shot & started screaming holy murder! I can't repeat what I said on the family friendly boards, but trust me that hunter heard everything - including my threats to call the police & that he almost just killed someone.

I immediately got up & started running toward the house in a fit of panic. I wanted to call the police to report the shot, but my dad said not to as we couldn't find the bullet to prove it had happened. I was so LIVID. I went back outside & walked toward the back of the property calling out "There are PEOPLE here!" I heard the group yell at the shooter "S**t, man! Why did you go over there?! We told you not to. Let's get out of here!" And they took off. I couldn't see them, but they had definitely been on our property.

Now the way our land works, it follows a creek that borders property owned by 5 other families. One of those families has rented out their property to a hunting camp. By road, it's about 4 miles away. By wing, it's just a straight shoot across to their land. I didn't give chase, but I wanted to. My parents both talked me out of driving over there & having it out with them or calling & reporting the incident to the police. I was about to do just that anyway when my cell phone rang...

It was Josh. He was calling from the hospital ER in Baton Rouge. "Mom, could you come? I think my ulcers might be perforated again. Or maybe the stomach cancer is back. I'm scared." I told him I'd be right there & made the 45 minute trip there (with my hazards on) in about 15 minutes. Somer was shooting a wedding & couldn't leave right away, but she was able to meet us there a bit later. The good news is it wasn't a perforated ulcer this time. And there's no sign that the cancer's back. But all the stress he'd been under had caused his ulcers to act up & he was in a lot of pain. They were able to give him some stronger meds to help with the acid reflux and pain. After 6 hours in the ER, they finally released him. I drove him in his truck & Somer drove my car & we left hers at the hospital. That way we could all watch over him through the night. Luckily, everything is fine now.

NOT a day I want to repeat, ever!

All the Other Stuff
Well, the other stuff has just been the usual ups & downs of life, really. Somer is still having symptoms they can't diagnose. She is suffering from exhaustion, so the dr. gave her some meds that have been helping. The excitement of the wedding, plus the worries over health for both her & Josh just got to her, I think.

In other news, I've lost 16 pounds & am really enjoying working out 3-4 times a week now. Swimming in the therapy pool really helps with the sore joints & muscles & riding the reclining bike has helped build my stamina. It doesn't hurt the figure, either. But I'm really just exercising to try to build strength & stamina. Along with a few alternative therapies I'm trying, I'm hoping to beat this nasty disease once & for all. No doctor's going to tell me something is "incurable". Hah! I say. Ha!:snooty:

Disney Trip Plans

Oh my goodness! Our trip is in just a few short weeks! I'm so excited. I've got my Disney boxes out & have been adding stuff to them for weeks now. I've made a bunch of designs for t-shirts, bought the shirts, and the transfer paper. Now I just need to get the kids to pick their final choices & I'll have one more task completed.

Oh, and I've figured out the whole Josh joining us thing. Turns out that once you arrive at your hotel, the package rules are no longer in effect as the hotel now owns the reservation & not the travel company. You can add someone mid-trip no problem by having them check-in to the hotel when they get there & get a KTTW card so he can go to EMH with us. We'll just have to pay the $15/day for an extra adult in the room. Josh can buy his tickets through AAA before he joins us. We're not currently on the dining plan, but even that wouldn't affect anything as we wouldn't be making changes to a package before arrival. I'm so happy to have figured out the most economical & honest way to have Josh join us mid-trip. He's even more excited than we are!

Because Tristin lives with his mom & only sees Josh every other weekend & during the summer, Josh decided not to tell him about this trip. I'm sure it would break his heart if he knew we were going & he couldn't.

Instead, I've been talking about next year's trip - with Tristin - in the summer of 2011. He's so excited & can't wait. Also, if anything slips & he hears or sees anything, he'll just assume we're talking about next year's trip. So I think we have that well in hand.

I wish we could bring him this trip, but his mom is not one you can work with ('nuff said). However, I now have a big family/child centered trip to plan for once we get back from this year's trip! And we all know how much fun planning trips can be! It'll be a new experience for me as I've not taken a young child in so long. Nor a boy. Oh, the fun we'll have! :woohoo:

Well, this post has been long & rambling, so I'm going to stop here. I also have to get back to work since I'm leaving a bit early today to check out a wedding/reception venue with the kids this evening.

Until next time... Lot's o' pixiedust: to you
!

Oh my Gosh, things have been crazy for you! Give my congratulations to Somer and Josh! They sound so adorable and I'm a teensy weensy bit jealous of their happiness (but as you said, sing with me now "Some day my prince will come!").

I'm so glad you're okay after the shooting incident. That sounds absolutely terrifying! And I'm glad that Josh and Somer are (for the most part) healthy too. I hope they figure out what's wrong with Somer soon. It must be so scary and annoying to know that something's wrong but not know what it is. That's happened to my roommate several times over the last few months and apparently anything that's been wrong with her is stress/virus related. Here's a hug for all of you. :hug:

Your trip is so close! I have 38 more days :sad2: Last night I went to Home Depot and sneakily took a bazillion (actually only 31) Mickey head paint samples. 30 are for my countdown calendar, and 1 is the one I'm going to write my screen name on and attach to my backpack for the parks. We also sat down and made a list of things we need to buy-sunscreen, sandwich bags, memory card, and ponchos, among other things.

That's very exciting that you get to take Tristan next year! :cool1: And good that you don't have to pay a ton for Josh to join you! Here's some pixie dust to tide you over to your trip! pixiedust:

Goodness gracious Dawn, you've had a lot going on since you posted the last trip installment. Well, next to the last but you know what I mean.

Computer issues......hate 'em. My office computer is still not runing right but at least it's running.

Pass along my congratulations to Somer and Josh. It sounds like they are a match made in Heaven. I love the name Tristin gave you...Big Mama. My counsins used to call my uncle Big Daddy.

:eek:for almost getting shot. What the heck are the hunters hunting this time of year? I don't blame you one little bit for yelling obsenities at the hunters.

Congrats on the weight loss. I know that your goal was to increase your strength and stamina but losing the 16 pounds is an added bonus.

I'm so glad that you guys were able to add Josh to the reservation with ease.

Oh my Gosh, things have been crazy for you! Give my congratulations to Somer and Josh! They sound so adorable and I'm a teensy weensy bit jealous of their happiness (but as you said, sing with me now "Some day my prince will come!").

Singing it right now! Actually, I've actually put myself back "out there" so to speak lately. I had concentrated so long on just being the best mom I could be & staying healthy that I realized I haven't been on a date in . . . *gasp* a decade! :scared1: So, I followed some friends' advice & signed up for eHarmony. I'm "talking" to a couple of nice gentlemen online & it's nice to sort of get out there again. Nice...but scary! :bitelip: So, we'll just have to see...

You'll find your Prince Charming! You're young & pretty & sweet - so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens sooner than you think! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you're okay after the shooting incident. That sounds absolutely terrifying! And I'm glad that Josh and Somer are (for the most part) healthy too. I hope they figure out what's wrong with Somer soon. It must be so scary and annoying to know that something's wrong but not know what it is. That's happened to my roommate several times over the last few months and apparently anything that's been wrong with her is stress/virus related. Here's a hug for all of you. :hug:

It has been scary & super frustrating. But they found a couple of issues from the bone scan last week so maybe we'll have some answers soon. Thanks for the hugs!

Your trip is so close! I have 38 more days :sad2: Last night I went to Home Depot and sneakily took a bazillion (actually only 31) Mickey head paint samples. 30 are for my countdown calendar, and 1 is the one I'm going to write my screen name on and attach to my backpack for the parks. We also sat down and made a list of things we need to buy-sunscreen, sandwich bags, memory card, and ponchos, among other things.

I can't believe we leave in just 2 weeks! We're all so excited it's just about all we talk about when we're not talking wedding! :woohoo: That reminds me! I've got a few more last minute items to pick up at the store, too.

That's very exciting that you get to take Tristan next year! :cool1: And good that you don't have to pay a ton for Josh to join you! Here's some pixie dust to tide you over to your trip! pixiedust:

Thanks for the pixie dust!

Goodness gracious Dawn, you've had a lot going on since you posted the last trip installment. Well, next to the last but you know what I mean.

Computer issues......hate 'em. My office computer is still not runing right but at least it's running.

I know what you mean, the computer at home still has glitches here & there. But never when I work on it...hmmm...I think I'll have to have another talk with mom about the proper way to shut down the computer. Still, it's a real PITA when those suckers conk out on ya. Our lives are run by computers these days.

Pass along my congratulations to Somer and Josh. It sounds like they are a match made in Heaven. I will! They are really just 2 halves of the same whole. Very sweet. I love the name Tristin gave you...Big Mama. My counsins used to call my uncle Big Daddy.

Big Daddy always brings to mind "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" for me! I LOVE that movie!

:eek:for almost getting shot. What the heck are the hunters hunting this time of year? I don't blame you one little bit for yelling obsenities at the hunters. I don't have a stinking clue what they were hunting for! Someone told me turkeys were in season. So maybe that? All I know is that I wasn't supposed to be on the seasonal hunting list. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the weight loss. I know that your goal was to increase your strength and stamina but losing the 16 pounds is an added bonus.

Thanks! :hug: The 16 pounds has now become 21 pounds! :cheer2: Whatever I can lose is great. Being on Prednisone all these years, I have gained so much & just have never been able to lose any of it. Not having an appetite since the last chemo sessions seems to have helped, along with the swimming & biking.

I'm so glad that you guys were able to add Josh to the reservation with ease.

Me, too! We've had to change up our plans some to adjust to him arriving mid-trip, but I think we'll all have a wonderful time! He asked if we could extend the beach portion by a day & I did that yesterday. Being the huge water nut & surfer he is, how could I say no? He's loading up his kite surfing kit into the truck to send down with us & we'll be stopping by Ron Jon's Surf Shop on the way to the beach to get him a new board. Since we're on the Gulf & not the Atlantic side, he'll just have to make do with kite surfing, but I think he'll still have fun. I didn't want to change to Cocoa Beach because I think it's so dirty looking & commercial.

We have only a bit over 2 weeks to go until our trip! I think that deserves a dancing banana :banana: or 2! :banana:

As for trip plans, the only major difference is the extended beach portion. We'll now be traveling home on Saturday, May 8 instead of Friday, May 7.

I have to get our t-shirts printed out. I've bought all the t-shirts, transfer paper, and printer ink & the kids picked out the shirt designs they wanted. Now I just have to buckle down & do it! I think I'm procrastinating since I really, really, really -did I say really? - HATE to iron. Seriously. Really hate it. :headache: That is about the only thing I still say was good about my ex-husband - he loved to iron! :rolleyes:

I still have to buy a few last minute items. I'm beginning to think one of those might be a new bathing suit for me. I've lost so much weight that the bottoms to my tankini are getting just a bit too loose. I almost lost them the other day in the pool! :scared: This is not something I want to have happen - nor does anyone want to see it happen! :eek: So, I might have to drag my rear end to the store & try on bathing suits. Yuk. This is another task I really don't like. But, for propriety's sake... ya know.

Other than those things, the only thing left to do is pack! I'm getting so excited.

This weekend is our company "Bring Your Family to Work" day. So, I signed us up - with Josh & Tristin included. There will be games, prizes, experiments, free food, plant tours, etc. It should be a good time. I think Trisitin will enjoy it the most since they're going to let the young kids play in the company fire engine & play on those bouncy house thingies. Should be fun. Exhausting, but fun. I think Big Mama is up to the challenge, though. :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! And if you're not having the spectacular weather we are here in South Lousiana, I'll try my best to send some your way!

Big Daddy reminded me of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" too! We had to watch it/read it last year in AP English. Yes, just over two weeks does deserve a dancing banana! :banana: I can't wait to see your t-shirts when you've finished them :goodvibes

OMGosh! We leave in only 4 Days!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

And just one more :banana:!

I've been working overtime at work getting all the documentation together for the audit, so have not been posting on the Disboards like I would have liked. Hopefully when I return my schedule will be lighter & I can give a full accounting of our wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

The past few days I have been working on getting the T-shirts finished. I have finished 9 shirts for Somer, 8 shirts for Josh, and 0 shirts for me. I need to work on mine tonight! I will say this, dark transfer sheets are a pain to get off the backing, but oh, boy, they sure do look nice once they've been ironed on. I like them much more than the clear transfer sheets for white t-shirts.

Somer promised to take some pictures of the shirts before we pack so hopefully I can share those with you all.

Last night I went to Wal Mart with the kids to get our last minute trip essentials. Josh was literally bouncing in his seat on the way there talking about how excited he is for this trip. It's so fun to have a relatively new-to-Disney person joining us on our trip. His excitement is seriously ratcheting my own up!

I'm waiting on his birthday present to get delivered. UPS says it should be at the house today. I think I found the perfect gift - a pro diver's watch! As a Navy Seal, he just loves the water & since he doesn't have a watch, I figured this one would be nice. I wanted to get something he would like, would need, and would be small enough to pack with us.

Here's a pic:
4545493451_5e6deb2099_o.jpg

Also, I picked up some birthday room decorations while at Wal Mart. Josh has never had a birthday party, so I'm hoping Somer & I can really make this a special one for him. I can't see how we can go wrong - he'll be in Disney on his birthday after all! :teeth:

Not much else left to report at this time. Just loads of excess excitement, last minute preparations, and packing left to be completed. I'm sure this will be me for the next 2 days...:laundy:

Easter 2010:

The boys - Josh, Tristin, my Dad (please disregard the mess in the background - we're working on cleaning it up!):
4546027234_a951db7027_o.jpg

The Annual Ugliest Easter Egg Contest - It was neck and neck!:
4541128810_de155a1f2f_o.jpg

Josh & I getting the dye ready - can you believe this is the 1st time that guy has ever dyed Easter eggs?!?:
4540495401_19bdec90ee_o.jpg

Tristin's 1st time, as well - he and Somer won the fastest dying contest:
4540487455_d2c40c3cf9_o.jpg

Oh! And before I forget, here's the promised fuzzy mobile phone pic of Somer's engagement ring (you can sort of see it better in the other pictures if you look closely):
4454066691_e58f653d88.jpg

The last few weekends we had Tristin we had tons of fun. Somer finally uploaded some pics, so I thought I'd share here:

Tristin playing Gunner on the USS KIDD:
4545397833_b624f0dae7_o.jpg

Somer, Josh, Tristin - See No, Hear No, Speak No Evil - USS KIDD:
4546027484_fd1239eef1_o.jpg

Tristin & I playing on the USS KIDD:
4545737145_9cf88d4621_o.jpg

The New Little Family - USS KIDD:
4545395427_d86f8279a6_o.jpg

Climbing Trees Monkey Style with Big Mama:
4540468595_15341f373f_o.jpg

Ok - I think I caught one of the cutest pics EVER right here - Somer pushing Tristin on the swings at a local park:
4541102228_f96c95b511_o.jpg

Tristin wanted me to give him a Mohawk for the Baton Rouge speedway races:
4540468891_fcfb5450fe_o.jpg

Somer & Tristin snuggling up at the races - it was cold that night! You can see her ring better here:
4541102536_7a1d39a24f_o.jpg

Somer & Josh at the Earth Day festivities:
4545393957_4a748e0873_o.jpg

Me & Somer at Earth Day - yep, it was hot & I was tired!:
4546029508_977cfa37dd.jpg

I think we wore the little guy plumb out:
4540487211_24d3d0fe53_o.jpg

I hope I didn't bore you too much with all the pictures! Can you tell I'm a proud grandma-to-be? :rolleyes1
Well, that's pretty much it for now. I don't know if I'll be back on to post before we leave. Just in case, I'll be sure to send some PixieDust to ya'll from the Mouse's House!

HAVE FUN GUYS!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats to Somer and Josh. Tristen is adorable! I hope you have a very magical trip! :wizard: Can't wait to hear all about it. We leave for our trip in 18 days! :cool1: Safe travels!

Somer has a beautiful new little family. I know that you are ever so happy that she has been blessed with such a great guy. Actually, I should say two great guys.

I hope that you have a super trip! I can't wait to hear and see all about it!

I haven't posted to your PTR before, but I have been reading. It was nice to see an update, my goodness you've been going through so much lately! I hope you and the "kids" have a great trip! Y'all deserve it!!!!!:goodvibes

WOW, what a difference a month makes!! Sorry about all the health issues, and I hope Somer and Josh are both feeling good now (along with you, of course!) Congratulations to the kids! I know you are excited for them and for yourself as well. It is so satisfying when your child finds a good mate who makes them happy and cares about them. And a ready-made grandchild is a great bonus! When my daughter married I become an instant grandmother to four, and it was wonderful. I am still close to them, especially to two of my granddaughters.
I somehow missed the in-between post, because my 97 year old Mother, who lived with us, suddenly became ill and died the day before Easter. (I was very blessed to have her for that long, and she was ready to go, but it is never easy to lose your mom.) So I am just now kind of getting back in the swing of things.
You are really a short-timer now! I hope you all have a wonderful, fabulous time! My son and his family are "in the world" right now, and having a wonderful time according to the frequent updates I have been getting. I had made their plans, ADR's, etc. and given them tons of advice, so I am gratified it is all working out well. I have the two year old grandson with me, and he is a hoot! He is just a happy go lucky, sunshiny kid, and is NEVER STILL A MINUTE unless he is asleep. We are having a blast, and I think he is enjoying being an only child for a little while!
Can't wait to hear how it all went. HAVE FUN!!!

Another one of those anomymous readers who hasn't posted before. I've been enjoying your PTR and have sat here on numerous occasions with tears in my eyes.

Have a great trip and I hope to bump into you and the family at POR. I'll be checking in on the 4th May..

princess::upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter