Sprinklings of Pixie Dust

Bamagirl43

Mouseketeer
I wanted to briefly share some of the Pixie Dust we received on our trip this past July. Myself, DH, DD15, and DS7 had not been to WDW in over seven years and with all the changes I did not know what to expect. This was our DS7's first trip.

On our arrival day, we were staying offsite. We decided it would be fun to take the monorail to CR to check out the gift shop and have a bite to eat. DH had no confidence that I knew what I was talking about when I told him we would not actually be entering a park, just skirting it, so no tickets needed. He proceeded to ask the CM at the MK parking lot entrance if we needed park tickets to shop and dine at a monorail resort. The CM said "not at all and I'm not going to charge you for parking".

The next morning we checked into our resort at CSR. We were surprised to find we had been upgraded. This was not the standard view we paid for, but a beautiful view of the lake.

On our afternoon at Epcot, it started raining. It wasn't the usual short afternoon shower but a flood that had set in. We put on our ponchos and pressed on. After touring for a few hours in the downpour, it was still over an hour before our ADR at Via Napoli, but my Grey Goose slushies were wearing off and everyone was soaked and getting cold. We went to the restaurant and there were crowds of people trying to get a table just to get out of the rain. I checked in with the CM and explained we were early and just trying to get out of the weather. She said they were very busy but she would see what she could do. Less than 5 minutes later we were at a table enjoying hot coffee.

On another night, at 'Ohana, the place was mobbed. I mean it was standing room only. We checked in about 30 minutes early for our ADR and politely requested to be seated in the main dinning room. The CM said "No problem, would you like to sit by a window?" Well, of course we did. DS7 loved looking out the window and had a great time in the coconut race.

Finally, I had purchased eight postcards in DTD. They were the holographic cards and the prettiest ones I could find although they were not inexpensive as postcards go. Writing on these things were a nightmare. I summoned every pen that we had and every one smudged, smeared and made a general mess. I stuffed the cards in my purse and went to our resort gift shop to see if they sold Sharpies. They did not, but when I showed the cards to the CM, he graciously exchanged them and said how this isn't the first time that Disney had a bad idea. He told me how one time they sold magnetic post cards. The problem with that is when you put them in the mailbox, they stick to the inside.

I know these are all small things, but they add up. The CMs we encountered were so polite and helpful. Their actions really enhanced the quality of our experience. I only wish I had the good sense to get their names so I could properly acknowledge them via email to Disney. Next time I will make a note of all those who sprinkle Pixie Dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter