"Spring is in the Air" March 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

Or-be kind to yourself and while you’re still getting in a routine, buy the cut up pineapple! Once you’re in a good place you can buy one and cut it up. :hug:
I decided to compromise by getting the cored pineapple, which was just slightly cheaper than it being cut into chunks. I figured I can get a whole pineapple next weekend with the regular groceries and cut it up during my weekly food prep time. But cut myself some slack since I got it mid-week. But so far, I’ve been doing much better this week with my evening snacking! I think the warmer weather and sun yesterday definitely helped to start the week off right!!!

Last edited:

This is day 10 of counting points to lose weight rather than maintain. I think my clothes feel a little better. So it’s going well. Night time snacking is also an issue for me but I have been eating homemade applesauce or grapes in the evening.
Got out for a walk every day but one these past ten days. So feeling pretty positive right now!
Had a productive day yesterday getting some spring decorations out and setting some more things aside for Goodwill.

Woohoo... tomorrow is Friday! For me at least since I have the true Friday off, which kind of snuck up on me so tonight and tomorrow I need to clean house, since my Sister will be staying at my place while I'm in Port Townsend.

Woohoo... I'm going to Port Townsend, staying at my favorite hotel for the night, helping my Niece out with their First Friday lecture on Women Photographers Friday evening, then spending Saturday in some communal crafting.

Woohoo... WDW is now just 20 days away!

Woohoo Confetti.jpg
My woohoo this Wednesday is that I am having a nice, full week of NOTHING. My class ended Saturday and my next one doesn't start until Monday so this is a free week and I am thoroughly enjoying not having anything to do for a few days. Sure there's laundry and general house cleaning I could be doing, but I'll get to it eventually. Rest is important to mental and physical health!

C93453AA-FEB1-4844-BB72-C705F020507D.jpeg
My Woo Hoo is that I had my second observation of the year done. Only one left to go. Even though I have wonderful administrators, I get stressed out preparing myself and the kids. Last year I scored “Exemplary” which is the highest level, so now I have to work even harder not to drop down to “Accomplished.” There’s so much pressure. I’m glad it’s over. Woo hoo!!!

Joining in late...story of my life!

Hi all, I'm LaughingSphinx, and I'm in Boston where I work all day stealing souls in HR for a school district, and I LOVE it. I've been struggling with my weight a lot especially since my kiddos joined the family, and I'm trying to be healthier and model healthy habits for them. (And also just keep up: they're 4.5 and 13 months, and FULL OF ENERGY!)

I'm down about 15lbs from my heaviest point, but I've still got another 30 at least to lose before I get closer to a healthy BMI. My biggest challenges are sugar and mindless snacking, especially later at night after the kids have gone to bed and DH and I finally have some 'us time' to unwind and recharge. I am deliberately not putting a timeline on my weight loss goals, because I know it's a process and I don't need the added stress of missing a deadline. I am setting myself incentives-for every 5lbs I can lose and keep off for a full week, I've got a little list of rewards. (Things like a charging station for my bedside table for my phone, ipad, and watch....a mani/pedi....etc.) I've seen some good progess lately by reminding myself that no, I don't need a handful of m&ms after the girls go to bed, I can do some microwave popcorn, some 85% dark chocolate, or a sugar-free muffin-in-a-mug if I need a snack.

This week, my challenge will be that my mom and my MIL are visiting for the weekend, so I'll need to be mindful of my eating and stick with my diet plan. The name may be a little gimmicky, but I really have seen good results with the Trim Healthy Mama approach to food.

My "WhooHoo" this Wednesday is that I just hit One-derland this morning. For the first time in a while, I'm under 200lbs, so I'm even more determined than ever: I've flirted with the sub-200 'achievement' before but haven't hit it yet. Even with company over, I can do this!

Hi all, I'm LaughingSphinx, and I'm in Boston where I work all day stealing souls in HR for a school district, and I LOVE it. I've been struggling with my weight a lot especially since my kiddos joined the family, and I'm trying to be healthier and model healthy habits for them. (And also just keep up: they're 4.5 and 13 months, and FULL OF ENERGY!)

I'm down about 15lbs from my heaviest point, but I've still got another 30 at least to lose before I get closer to a healthy BMI. My biggest challenges are sugar and mindless snacking, especially later at night after the kids have gone to bed and DH and I finally have some 'us time' to unwind and recharge. I am deliberately not putting a timeline on my weight loss goals, because I know it's a process and I don't need the added stress of missing a deadline. I am setting myself incentives-for every 5lbs I can lose and keep off for a full week, I've got a little list of rewards. (Things like a charging station for my bedside table for my phone, ipad, and watch....a mani/pedi....etc.) I've seen some good progess lately by reminding myself that no, I don't need a handful of m&ms after the girls go to bed, I can do some microwave popcorn, some 85% dark chocolate, or a sugar-free muffin-in-a-mug if I need a snack.

This week, my challenge will be that my mom and my MIL are visiting for the weekend, so I'll need to be mindful of my eating and stick with my diet plan. The name may be a little gimmicky, but I really have seen good results with the Trim Healthy Mama approach to food.

My "WhooHoo" this Wednesday is that I just hit One-derland this morning. For the first time in a while, I'm under 200lbs, so I'm even more determined than ever: I've flirted with the sub-200 'achievement' before but haven't hit it yet. Even with company over, I can do this!

And congratulations for reaching one-derland!

Welcome!

I'm thankful I'm not sick... yet?

Last week all company travel and large meetings were canceled. Yesterday a memo came out saying anyone who can should work from home for the next two weeks. I did come in to the office today because I have a eye doctor appointment this afternoon... so far there's only one other person here, it is kind of spooky. There has probably been a third fewer people on the bus and noticeably fewer people out on the city streets as well. I'm pretty sure the virus had already been going around and that many people in the office have already had it, as we've been having people out for not feeling well for the past two or three weeks.

Two weeks working at home covers the time between now and vacation... still not planning on making any changes, but a couple days ago it occurred to me that the others in my party may decide to change, haven't heard anything yet. The gal who booked the rooms bought DVC points, so there isn't flexibility to change there. I checked hotel prices yesterday, just in case, and they were OK, but I was thinking they might get even better if people start canceling. This morning there isn't even availability at a lot of places (including POP) and the most expensive room rate was at Coronado for $1500 a night?!? I'm thinking there's a tech problem going on, but will continue to monitor.

It's all getting pretty strange, just trying to make the right decisions - for myself and those around me.

Yes, thankful for our good health, for sure.
I actually changed my travel plans for next week-I was traveling with my sister and because her husband’s immune system is compromised she can’t take a chance of getting something and infecting him. So we postponed til late May. Hopefully things will seem clearer then. So thankful to be able to do that.

I'm thankful that my MIL and mother get along well enough that they're driving for 12 hrs today to come visit us for the weekend. It's going to be an interesting weekend, since part of the activities will be her teaching my oldest daughter how to make her special cookies (and to be fair, those cookies are amazing) so I'm going to be thankful for the time spent together. (And I'm going to try and ignore the sugar cookies that will soon be covering every flat surface in the house!)

I am thankful that my daughter came to school with me today to help me set up our new unit of study: Outer Space. Transforming the Dramatic Play Center into a rocket ship is a lot of work, and I'm still getting over my sprained shoulder. She made everything a lot easier for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter