"Spring is in the Air" March 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

That was me.

I look back at photos of me in high school, and I looked downright skinny. I was 5'8" tall, size 9, and compared to the petite size 2's and 4's, I felt like an amazon. It was all in my head. My body image was so distorted. I actually looked fantastic, but I couldn't see it.

When trauma hit, and the real weight came on, I ballooned up to a 14 for my wedding. I still looked great.

Now a size 24, what I would give for those size 9 days...to be honest, I would be thrilled to be a size 14 again!

Same with me! I wasn't skinny but I also wasn't fat, however I remember myself as being "fat".

So, heading to bed. Had a good day with tracking all my food, eating healthy and staying within my calories. Now just need to repeat the same tomorrow!!

I also found out that on March 9 they will decide on the promotion I applied for. I think I have a good chance, but I don’t know which position they will assign to me if I get the promotion as there are several openings. This has been dragging on since before Christmas and it really has been bothering me. I love my current position and I want to hand it over in a good shape, but I am also ready to just find out what’s going to happen at work about me!

@JacknSally great to see you again! I remember your wedding weight loss journey! Didn’t you start an Etsy store after your wedding with really cool t-shirts?

I did! That's so sweet of you to remember! It's @shop_cpoe on Instagram - I still operate off and on, but I'm not doing it at the moment so I can focus on school. Maybe later this year!

Yesterday was beautiful and I was lucky enough to have recess duty (I rarely say that!). But I got to go out and walk around the playground with the kids. Sometimes I just get a bunch of former students that want to talk, so we walk and talk for exercise and socialization. And the sunshine does sooooo much for my mood! I’m currently sitting in the parking lot of Target waiting for it to open so I can buy colored goldfish for a Dr Seuss activity with the book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. The sun is shining on me and it feel great!!! ☀️ ☀️ ☀️

I’m currently sitting in the parking lot of Target waiting for it to open so I can buy colored goldfish for a Dr Seuss activity with the book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. The sun is shining on me and it feel great!!! ☀ ☀ ☀

I love Dr. Seuss Day! I did the Thing One and Thing Two blow painting with my niece and nephew yesterday:

https://iheartcraftythings.com/thing-1-2-dr-seuss-craft.html

I'm with you on the sun/mood thing, too. - It makes such a difference for me!

I had 20/20 vision until my senior year of high school, when I was diagnosed with an astigmatism. In August of 2018, I found out I have a really rare eye condition called keratoconus. Basically my corneas are thinning and losing their shape, becoming less round and more conical. It's not preventable, and it's not repairable. There's no way to tell how much worse my eyes will get, or if they'll get worse at all. My current vision could be as far as the disease progresses. I can have a procedure (surgery) done that essentially freezes my corneas where they are and should prevent them from getting worse. Insurance doesn't cover that procedure, though. They deem it medically unnecessary because without the procedure, I won't go completely blind from the condition - though, it could worsen to the point that I need a cornea transplant, which insurance should cover. :headache::headache:

I can't wear glasses anymore and have to wear special scleral contacts. I am *still* getting fitted for the stupid things, since it's a lot of trial and error and there's a lot of little tweaks that can be made that make a world of difference. It's exhausting and frustrating. The contacts do make a huge difference, though - on my own, my vision is 20/200. With glasses, the best I can get is 20/100. With the contacts, I'm around 20/30, 20/25 on a really good day.

I feel for your DD so much, from one poor-seer to another! :hug:

Insurance can be such a pain. Hopefully your vision does not get any worse.

I am feeling better today. I am not sure what the difference other then I am staying off of the the dis threads about the virus. I am still not going to go to the gym here at work. I realized I have been sick since I started to go there. I will do more at home. I just need to be over being sick for awhile.

I took the enneagram test. I never heard of it before. I am Type 6 Loyalist, Type 2 Helper, and tied for 3rd place is type 3 Achiever and type 9 peacemaker.

The weather is nicer here now but we have rain like every day. I am going to start walking more outside. Fresh Air might be good for me.

Being so far north, the seasonal change in daylight hours is pretty dramatic. You wouldn't think +2 minutes a day would be a big deal, but in a month that's +1 hour. Right now sunrise is 6:45am and sunset is 6pm - hallelujah! I'm still coming to work in the dark but having day light for a while after getting home in the evenings is a real blessing. Next week after day light's savings time change sunset will be 7pm+. As a bonus we've had some actual sunshine most days. I need sunlight/sunshine to survive, so every new minute of sunlight is like a happy pill.

Last edited:
In the northeast we are having a mix of wintry and spring weather. This morning I walked to my car, and it was so warm and sunny that I took my coat off and left it at home. It is now very cloudy, raw, and about to rain. Good thing I brought my umbrella, but I will definitely be using my heated seats and putting the heat on in the car. It won't be consistently nice probably until May, but any opportunity I get to feel the warm sun, I will gladly take.

I dream of summer... 🌞

Topic Tuesday ~

If it's spring where you are, how is the nicer weather affecting your progress?

I'm in Tennessee - some days it's spring, some days it's still cold, grey winter. We usually get a "snow" (it's never actually snow, just sleet and ice) sometime in early March, but right now it's 65 and sunny so I'm hoping we're past that. It never got desperately cold here this winter so I'm already dreading the summer bugs. April is usually a non-stop rainy mess, and then the unbearable summer heat & humidity set in mid-May and stay 'til November.

The sun has been out later the last few weeks and I am overjoyed. Winter is always hard on both me and my husband - we both have pretty bad seasonal depression and the cold & dark don't help anything at all. The sun being up later makes a world of difference in our energy levels and moods, and I can't wait for the time change this weekend. An added bonus to the sun being up later is that I don't have to stress about driving after dark - with my eye condition, I can't really see to drive comfortably after dark, but in the summer it's not a huge issue since the sun is up 'til 7:30pm or so.

Hi I am Tammy and I live in MT with my husband and two girls (15 and 12). My 12 year old has multiple special needs some of which we are still in the process of getting a confirmed diagnosis. That we know so far Global Apraxia(motor both gross and fine, oral, and speech) which range in severity from mild (gross motor) to profound (speech). Hypotonia (extremely high tempatures especially when there is high humidity are difficult for her and she needs to take a lot of breaks when doing activities she is fighting so hard to keep her balance and not fall. Since she is now over 100 pounds our plan for places like Disney would be to rent a youth size wheel chair and have her use it as necessary while encouraging her to do what she can do. (Hey I ticked at least one person off when we went when she was 27.5 months old by taking a stroller marked as a wheelchair in the character line to meet Tinkerbell and some of her friends, let's see if I can do it again by having a child in a wheelchair part time but parking it in stoller parking for a small area and letting her walk when she is able on a return trip). Developmental Delays not specified. Suspected at this time include Fragile X, a deletion, duplication, translocation, or transposition of a gene within a chromosome and possible mitrocondrial condition. We did the labs for the testing for these last month and should hopefully get answers this month. I stay home and homeschool the girls along with working a business that when I started was just nail supplies (tool kits and stuff including files-I really love glass files now, wraps, lacquer and gel strips, ect) but due to 2 different buy outs and a merger with yet another company inbetween the sellings have expanded to include a large variety of things so I say it's an online mini mall. We just got switched to some of the new lines in January so I am just starting to learn what all they are and deciding which ones I really want to concentrate on promoting. (I still hadn't gotten through the 3 lines from the 3 companies that were there before. The one I originally started with, the one that was supposed to be a selective alliance with turned merger and the one that later merged in so my head is spinning even more than trying to keep track of what diet is supposedly the right way (eggs are bad for you, eggs are good for you it's cereal that is bad unless it's oatmeal than that is good for you, egg whites are good for you but the yolk is bad, diary is good for you, o one past weaning age should eat dairy, majority of the diet should come from carbohydrates, low carb high fat high protein is the way to go, low carb, high protein, low fat is the way, ect, ect, ect). No I do not have a degree in physical eduation and health, nutrition, ect but I did take a number of classes (started out as a recreational therapy major which was under physical education and sports enhancement) but ended up eventually graduating (10 plus year plan here mainly due to finances) with a liberal studies degree with a double emphasis is social science (history, native american studies, and sociology-didn't take any of the political science courses) and early childhood education and development) as well as watching my mother be on a number of them and since I lived in her house we ate what was on her diet of the time. (Worse was the rotation diet which was a three week rotation of eating 900,1200, and 1500 calories a week that can be repeated over and over till you should check into an insane asylum because it is eat this for breakfast this for lunch this for dinner every single day and not even have choice between 2 foods that are the same calories to pick from. Calories are for women for men it adds 300 more per day). Yes we tried to go to relatives as much as we could after school and on weekends plus those school lunches looked really good when mom was on that diet because dinner was slim pickins.
I have tried typing out my goals several times on the edit of this post which I had accidentally hit post on before I was through and my computer decided to hide it from me originally. I keep doing somthing and loosing everything so I am going to put those on a different post.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter