Spring Break 2018. When is yours??

I think this is going to be a good week to go based on previous responses!
Hopefully! And, FWIW, this is a private school vacation so it is not all of IL or all of Chicago (where I live). Once I got the dates, saw when Easter was I penciled it in.

I'm itching to go sooner though to DL.

I can't wait for the packages/pricing to come out so I can start planning. I'll wait to find out any deals to finalize hotel though. i like the deals.

SE PA (outside Philly). Our "break" is more like a long weekend - 3/29 - 4/2

I will also tell you that, in PA, the standardized testing takes places during mid April- 1st week of May and many schools don't allow students to be absent during them, so you won't see a big crowd from PA at least!

Hi there!
My son is officially entering the exciting yet restricted world of kindergarten next year. For the first time ever we will have to (gasp) plan our vacations around...dun dun dun....SCHOOL BREAKS!

Saw your post and had to let you know that you really have several more years before you need to be concerned with planning vacations around school breaks. Seriously it really only becomes an issue in middle school and maybe not even until 8th grade. My kids are in 10th, 7th and 3rd and never had it been an issue when my oldest was in elementary and even middle school was not nearly as big a deal as I thought it would be. Enjoy the freedom while you can! And the cheaper flights!

Syracuse NY area - last week of April 2018 (23rd-27th). Starting to dream/plan now! In 2016 easter was at the end of march and our break was end of april. we went that week and it was great weather and very 'doable' crowds.

Northwest Arkansas (Rogers, Fayetteville) is March 19-23.

I agree with DogwoodDisney. We will continue to take our daughter out of school (currently in 1st grade and going to Disney May 7-14) to take advantage of lower crowd levels. We always tell the teacher at the beginning of the year when we have planned vacations, and so far, all they have said is "Have Fun!" I also usually take her out for a couple of random days to visit Silver Dollar City. My theory is to take advantage now, while days missed are easily made up and they won't get behind, because it will get harder as they get older. That being said, my parents never minded when I would skip school in high school to do stuff either (horse races, theme parks, etc.), as long as my work was done and my grades were good.

Seems like every year someone puts out a Spring Break Poll thread on here which gives a good indication of the population spread of spring breaks once there is a large number of responses. Trying to get a good measure by reading a series of posts will be difficult.

I suggest starting a poll or keeping an eye out (search occasionally) for a poll that someone has started. There should only be one for each year. I have not seen one for Spring Break 2018 but have searched. I'd probably mess things up if I tried to start one myself.:badpc:

March Break for the province of Ontario is March 12-16 next year. Five more years and I can go at cheaper/less busy times!

All of Arkansas is Mar 17 - 25 but we are taking my kid out of school so we can go April 7-14 hoping for the smaller crowds like you.

Wilmington, NC: Last week of March for traditional calendar. Last week of March plus first two weeks of April for year round calendar.

Charlotte schools March 30th to April 8th for traditional - year round is March 17 to April 8th

In Wayzata MN our dates are always the same. Last Thursday and Friday of March followed by the first week in April. Dates in 2018 March 29th-April 8th. We have a very large district, 8 Elementary schools(planning the 9th now) 3 Middle schools and a very big High School.

Here in Alabama, the local Board of Education for the county or city school system sets the calendar, so there isn't one standard week for spring break.

But from what i've seen in the past, the local BoEs usually set spring break any week from the middle of March to the first week of April.

NW Ohio March 26 - April 2nd.
I agree with what others have said, I wouldn't worry about pulling the little one out of school. We have done it for several years and will continue to. Next year we have an 8th grader, 6th grader and 5 year old and will still pull them out outside of any school break. Take advantage of lower crowds. I have never had any teacher complain or say anything negative about pulling them for a family vacation, some send work ahead, some do make ups when they get back and some excuse work for a special trip writing assignment.

I know you did not ask, but I am going to give some advice. Pull them and go when it is not so crowded. You can only get away with that for a few years! take advantage of it.

I know you did not ask, but I am going to give some advice. Pull them and go when it is not so crowded. You can only get away with that for a few years! take advantage of it.

Thank you all for your sincere comments and dates. I will have to say we are not considering pulling from school at this time. It's our personal preference to not have him miss days we can avoid as well as a very strict policy from the BOE. Maybe our view will change over time, who knows, but for now we are going to stick with school breaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter