Spring Break 2018. When is yours??

I live near Augusta GA and ours is always first week of April for Master's week.
We're planning to go to Disney April 10-18 before our APs expire.
Also hoping that with early Easter crowds won't be too bad!

This is my take, due to my schedule that I have at work and how I am able to take vacation, I am not guaranteed time off as I have to bid for my vacation time by senority and you can guess it spring break is a popular time that people bid off. So even if my kids spring break is say next week I cannot just take time off as we having minimum staffing levels. So we are going this year when I was able to get vacation time off which is when they are still in school, I have already received some push back from some of my kids teachers, but when it comes down to it I am their parent and thats the choice I made. So I would say go when you want make it enjoyable, but again thats just my take.

Our 2018 schedule isn't posted yet but we always have the week before Easter off for Spring Break so I assume we will next year too.

Hi there!
My son is officially entering the exciting yet restricted world of kindergarten next year. For the first time ever we will have to (gasp) plan our vacations around...dun dun dun....SCHOOL BREAKS!

Of course I just bought DVC this year to boot and cannot wait to exercise my 11 month booking period at my home resort.

With that said we are thinking "spring breaks" will work best for our family. Given Easter is 4/1/2018 next year I am hoping on a wing and a prayer that 4/8-4/13 will be less crazy than the typical spring break/Easter time.

So my question for you all...when is your official school spring break??

I'll start us off..

4/9-4/13 Central CT

PS if this thread is already stated pls forgive me and delete/close!

That's when we typically go, a week past Easter when it slows down. Usually resorts will lower prices then also and we've found that the parks aren't as crowded. That's what we did this year also.

Dallas, TX area: 3/12 - 3/16.

We're in a district just north of Dallas, and our spring break this year was a week before Dallas (and most of TX). It was great - we beat the crowds at WDW, too. In their infinite wisdom, our school board decided next year we needed to match everyone else. Ugh.

Our school schedule doesn't come out this far in advance (Bergen County-NJ) but coming from someone that's done it often -- I wouldn't worry about pulling kiddo out of kindergarten for a week. When they get into the higher grades (middle school and up) is when it gets more problematic. Just my 2 cents worth :)

Our school schedule doesn't come out this far in advance (Bergen County-NJ) but coming from someone that's done it often -- I wouldn't worry about pulling kiddo out of kindergarten for a week. When they get into the higher grades (middle school and up) is when it gets more problematic. Just my 2 cents worth :)

AGREED! Take them out on a week when it's not traditional Spring Break and save yourself the breakdown. We typically avoid Spring Break and all school holidays like the plague, but did 3 days at WDW two weeks ago at the end of our Disney cruise, and it was downright unbearable. AVOID if you can. Kindergarten is one of those years where I didn't feel bad out them missing some time.

Central CT-April 8th to the 15th. We are going to Universal April 5th to 8th and then WDW April 8th-15th :)

Looks like the week after Easter will be a doozy next year in terms of crowds!

I know... I thought about starting our trip that week since my son is off but I'm too scared! Lol.
So instead we're doing a 3 night cruise first and then will arrive at the parks April 8th!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter