Spring Break '08 with Tri-Circle-D!!!

The Segway tours remain popular:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08137.jpg

FortWildernessSpringBreak08136.jpg

Has anybody done this yet? I am seriously considering it. I think that there is a slight chance that I might learn something I don't know about the Fort. :rotfl2:

TCD

OK, Just a few more photos, and this report will be done.

I see this thread generated some discussion about critters at the Fort.

Speaking of critters, I noticed some type of animal trap behind one of the cabins on the 100 loop.

Take a look:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08140.jpg

FortWildernessSpringBreak08141.jpg

What do you think they were trying to catch here? Not a mouse or rat. Something they wanted to catch alive and relocate. I've seen plenty of poison stations around the Fort, and at one time, there were some big traps for the peacocks, but I don't know what this trap was for. What do you think?

TCD

Was it set with beer & kungaloosh? Be careful dissers!!

Hey TCD, that Segway pic was taken directly in front of our site (117). We overheard some of the tour regarding the two cabins in the 100 loop that were directly across from us. Interesting stuff....DH and I plan to take the tour next time!!

Hey TCD, that Segway pic was taken directly in front of our site (117). We overheard some of the tour regarding the two cabins in the 100 loop that were directly across from us. Interesting stuff....DH and I plan to take the tour next time!!

Yes, I have overheard a couple of things from folks on the tour that have intrigued me, too. Look for a full TCD expose' on the Segway tours later this year! :thumbsup2

TCD

Have you ever noticed the little trail that goes off into the woods near the 1500 loop bus stop? Have you ever wondered where it goes? This is the one that I am talking about:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08113.jpg

I've seen it lots of times, but never checked it out.

It is even more noticeable now, because for some reason, this area has been spared from the clear-cutting.

It comes out just behind the 1500/1600 loop comfort station. A nice short-cut for those on the far side of the 1600 loop:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08114.jpg

TCD

Here's something I have never seen mentioned here before.

What do you think about the coffee at the Fort?

At Trail's End, the coffee is brewed from ground coffee in a big commercial coffee maker:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08109.jpg

At the Meadow's Trading Post, they have a Nescafe machine. I am not sure exactly how these contraptions work, but I think there is some kind of premixed syrup that gets used to make the coffee. I saw a cast member open the machine once when it was out of coffee, and she removed and replaced what looked like a box with a plastic liner.

FortWildernessSpringBreak08055.jpg

The results are two very different tasting cups of coffee.

The Nescafe machines are what they seem to have at all of the other resorts. I know that this is what they have over at the Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, and Contemporary. It's also what they use on the Disney Cruise Line ships.

I don't really care for either one, but I drink both.

Anyone have a preference? Maybe someone can post a poll? popcorn::

TCD

Just a few miscellaneous photos to help wrap things up:

On Friday, April 4, there was an incident on the road way between the 1700 and 1900 loops:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08135-1.jpg

I tried to find out more info, but the DD's, who have social skills, told me that it would be insensitive to gawk. There was a person down on the street in front of the ambulance. I think everybody was OK, because when we returned after a quick trip, the ambulance was gone.

On the 1200 loop, some long-termers have installed a fountain on their site:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08127.jpg

Here's a turkey wandering around the 1300 loop (he is right in the middle of the photo, in case you don't see him):

FortWildernessSpringBreak08134.jpg

The folks on this site were there when I visited in November- they have a bunch of decorations around.

Well, I have only a few more photos, and this report will be done. Should finish it up tomorrow.

TCD

[
Well, I have only a few more photos, and this report will be done. Should finish it up tomorrow.

TCD

Thanks for the pictures TCD! As all the others, I'm hanging on every word and can't wait for the next installment. popcorn::

No hearts from me.....DH get a little squirrely himself!

Have you ever noticed the little trail that goes off into the woods near the 1500 loop bus stop? Have you ever wondered where it goes? This is the one that I am talking about:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08113.jpg

I've seen it lots of times, but never checked it out.

It is even more noticeable now, because for some reason, this area has been spared from the clear-cutting.

It comes out just behind the 1500/1600 loop comfort station. A nice short-cut for those on the far side of the 1600 loop:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08114.jpg

TCD

That's so funny. We were on site 1628 and used that path for everything. Much closer to the pool walkway and way closer to the 1500 loop bus stop. We loved the location of our site! :banana:

Hey TCD...DH and I are booked on the 28th for the Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness. This was his Xmas gift that I booked for us. Will tell all about it when we get back from our trip.

Nancy

The Segway tours remain popular:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08137.jpg

FortWildernessSpringBreak08136.jpg

Has anybody done this yet? I am seriously considering it. I think that there is a slight chance that I might learn something I don't know about the Fort. :rotfl2:

TCD

We took the segway tour when it was still in the trial phase. Riding the Segways was fun, but they really have very little info to share. They began to make stuff up as they went along. Lots of the tour is in the heavy foilage areas. They identify some plants and come up with names for others. If you do take the tour make sure you know the name of the horse from old Disney shows as there is a trivia question. And remember the name John Deere when they are talking about the blacksmith shop. You could win a prize :thumbsup2

When we did the tour this past Sept. the price was $85.00 per person. IMO very well worth it....Frank

I posted a photo of this vehicle on the Musket Mickey thread, but I wanted to repost this photo, and another of the vehicle to see if anyone knows anything about it:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08013.jpg

This photo was taken when the vehicle was parked outside the comfort station between the 1600 and 1800 loops. The fellow driving the vehicle was doing some plumbing work in the women's restroom. This vehicle has every tool you can imagine. There was a wooden tool box, which you can see in the photo below, that had the name Buzz Busby written on it with a Sharpee.

I have seen this little cart around a few times, but not many. I think it is only used by one person, and that there must be a story about this guy. I will have to investigate further, but if anyone has any info, please share!

FortWildernessSpringBreak08007-1.jpg

TCD

One day, we see a horse and buggy driving around the 2000 loop. It was being followed by a cast member in a van. Must have been some kind of training:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08133.jpg

I hesitate to post the next photo (but only briefly) (and if you are offended, please accept my apologies in advance). While WDW is a magical place, and the Fort is the most magical place in this magical place, this photo just goes to show that sh.... errr I mean stuff happens, everywhere, even at the Fort!:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08018-1.jpg

BTW, after the horse left his calling card, the driver, and the van driver, left the scene. But, someone magically appeared to remove the stuff within minutes.

TCD

..Do you suppose that when applying for a WDW job someone said "I want to be on horse poo detail" ? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: ...Frank

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter