Spring Break '08 with Tri-Circle-D!!!

In case you haven't noticed, one of my favorite pastimes at the Fort is people watching.

I love to just look at my neighbors and see the things that other folks do at the Fort.

Now that there is practically no vegetation between the sites, this is almost impossible to not do.

So, on my spring break visit, I enjoyed watching folks come and go.

For a few days, we had some folks next to us who must have been in the witness protection program. They had a class C. They had a cover over the windshield, and kept their shades drawn the entire trip. They had not one thing outside of the RV. No rug, chairs, shoes, ponchos, beer cooler, etc. There were four bikes on the site, which periodcally moved over the two or three days they were there, but otherwise, there were no signs of life. Weird.

Across from us, and down the loop a little, there was a large family camping in a pop up. They had stuff all over their site, and in the back, they had a whole kitchen set up under an awning. Deep fat fryer, microwave, you name it. The brought Grandma along. All day long, Grandma was back in the kitchen area, cooking something, or washing a pot or something. She was great. Always working. I was thinking about asking them if I could borrow her.

Anyway, one afternoon we were taking off to visit a park, and I happen to glance over at the campsite.

Look at good old Grandma, God bless her! :

FortWildernessSpringBreak08110.jpg

This kind of scene is why I love the Fort! Grandma could never chill like this at some stuffy hotel!

TCD

Totally addicted to your great photos! Can't wait til DH comes home from work, he'll be especially interested in what's happening around the golf courses.

I was there during the golf car incident. We were staying in the 500 loop and heard a huge crash and someone scream. My mother got on the cart to go see what happened, apparently the cart behind didn't see the cart in front and crashed into it, like a fender bender during rush-hour. The cart was broken down and in the morning they picked it up. No one was hurt but the scream sure made it sound like someone was.

TCD - I love the pictures but I love your captions/story more. You draw in the reader. The picture of the grandmother is priceless. What a great heart tug.

Any possibility you be at the Fort at Christmas time? I would love to see your pictures and holiday captions.:love:

These photos are great TCD, I can't wait to get there this summer. I recall the canals being all green when we went there in 2003, they look a lot better now. We'll have to rent a canoe and explore some. Maybe find that 'gator.

TCD - I love the pictures but I love your captions/story more. You draw in the reader.

He'd be a great column writer for ...oh, I dunno....A new, up and coming Rv camping web site!?!?!?! :thumbsup2

In case you haven't noticed, one of my favorite pastimes at the Fort is people watching.

I love to just look at my neighbors and see the things that other folks do at the Fort.

Now that there is practically no vegetation between the sites, this is almost impossible to not do.

So, on my spring break visit, I enjoyed watching folks come and go.

For a few days, we had some folks next to us who must have been in the witness protection program. They had a class C. They had a cover over the windshield, and kept their shades drawn the entire trip. They had not one thing outside of the RV. No rug, chairs, shoes, ponchos, beer cooler, etc. There were four bikes on the site, which periodcally moved over the two or three days they were there, but otherwise, there were no signs of life. Weird.

Across from us, and down the loop a little, there was a large family camping in a pop up. They had stuff all over their site, and in the back, they had a whole kitchen set up under an awning. Deep fat fryer, microwave, you name it. The brought Grandma along. All day long, Grandma was back in the kitchen area, cooking something, or washing a pot or something. She was great. Always working. I was thinking about asking them if I could borrow her.

Anyway, one afternoon we were taking off to visit a park, and I happen to glance over at the campsite.

Look at good old Grandma, God bless her! :

FortWildernessSpringBreak08110.jpg

This kind of scene is why I love the Fort! Grandma could never chill like this at some stuffy hotel!

TCD

That pic is the best! Especially the pink crocs! Rock on Granny....

She looks like when you're driving down the interstate and you see somebody laying up against the window with their mouth wide open lol.

He'd be a great column writer for ...oh, I dunno....A new, up and coming Rv camping web site!?!?!?! :thumbsup2

You know, I asked this guy once to write some stuff for me, I made him a page and everything, then he said he had writers block, and Never heard from him again..... Now I am a little gun shy to approach someone of TCD caliber. What if he turned me down... I would be crushed.

I was there during the golf car incident. We were staying in the 500 loop and heard a huge crash and someone scream. My mother got on the cart to go see what happened, apparently the cart behind didn't see the cart in front and crashed into it, like a fender bender during rush-hour. The cart was broken down and in the morning they picked it up. No one was hurt but the scream sure made it sound like someone was.

Thanks for the update! I knew that there was a story behind this, although I was hoping for something a little more sensational. If your mom heard the scream way over on the 500 loop, then that was a loud scream!:scared1:

TCD

TCD - I love the pictures but I love your captions/story more. You draw in the reader. The picture of the grandmother is priceless. What a great heart tug.

Any possibility you be at the Fort at Christmas time? I would love to see your pictures and holiday captions.:love:

First, I do appreciate the compliments, but knock it off with the hearts and stuff, OK? There is a Mrs. TCD, and she has a little bit of a jealous streak.

I probably won't be at the Fort at Christmas time. I have, however, been at the Fort for Thanksgiving week the past two years (2006 and 2007). Not sure about 2008, yet. But I'll probably be there.

If you want to see some photos of Christmas decorations, and some other TCD photos and witty captions, check out my Thanksgiving 2007 thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1647268

TCD

TCD you're a nut.

Yes, that is true!

These photos are great TCD, I can't wait to get there this summer. I recall the canals being all green when we went there in 2003, they look a lot better now. We'll have to rent a canoe and explore some. Maybe find that 'gator.

I remember having a campsite on the 1400 loop a few years back. It was right on the canal. The water was gross! One day, two ducks came swimming by. They were coated with green slime. I couldn't believe the poor things were in that nasty water. Back then, it was impossible to get a canoe down the canals. The water was too low, and full of fallen trees. Now, everything is clean and nice. I have never rented a canoe at the Fort, but I think I am going to while the water looks as nice as it does.

She looks like when you're driving down the interstate and you see somebody laying up against the window with their mouth wide open lol.

Yes, out of respect for Grandma, I did not take a close up, but she was definitely catching flies, and I think snoring a little.

You know, I asked this guy once to write some stuff for me, I made him a page and everything, then he said he had writers block, and Never heard from him again..... Now I am a little gun shy to approach someone of TCD caliber. What if he turned me down... I would be crushed.

What's this all about? TCD caliber? Am I being punked? I am strictly an amateur.

TCD

What's this all about? TCD caliber? Am I being punked? I am strictly an amateur.

TCD

Nope...I think you'd make a fantastic addition to the RvUSA.org website. You should give yourself the credit you deserve...man, youre really good. You really have people "waiting on the next chapter".

Nope...I think you'd make a fantastic addition to the RvUSA.org website. You should give yourself the credit you deserve...man, youre really good. You really have people "waiting on the next chapter".

Look, BDR, I think you're a neat guy, too, but didn't you read my post above about Mrs. TCD? So, back off a little, OK? LOL:rotfl2:

TCD

Got a chance the check out the Wilderness Swamp Trail on this trip.

I couldn't even find the pathways to the old boardwalk. Everything is so overgrown. The main trail is still clear:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08138.jpg

There are still a lot of magnificent bald cypress trees back there:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08139-1.jpg

Here is view from just next to the little old cabin looking toward the Contemporary and Magic Kingdom:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08039.jpg

I don't like the impact the new DVC building has on the skyline:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08040.jpg

Does anybody know how tall this building is going to be? It looks like they are starting to put in windows, and put up walls on the frame that has been built. But, those cranes are awful high, and I thought that I saw some drawings making the building look a lot taller. I hope that it is topped off, but I am afraid that it isn't. I'll tell you, though, the view from those rooms is going to be really nice.

TCD

I heard that it was going to be as tall as the CR, but I don't know if that is true or not. I agree with you TCD, the cranes are really tall for it to only go to the top of CR. It blocks the view of space mtn and such. (sigh)

TCD, I would be thrilled to give you a broader audience for your "amateur" ramblings! I have said it before, I love your TR's. If it is something that you might be interested in, please contact me.

Thanks

OK, Just a few more photos, and this report will be done.

I see this thread generated some discussion about critters at the Fort.

Speaking of critters, I noticed some type of animal trap behind one of the cabins on the 100 loop.

Take a look:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08140.jpg

FortWildernessSpringBreak08141.jpg

What do you think they were trying to catch here? Not a mouse or rat. Something they wanted to catch alive and relocate. I've seen plenty of poison stations around the Fort, and at one time, there were some big traps for the peacocks, but I don't know what this trap was for. What do you think?

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter