Spoke to principal- I'm not a happy camper-- update post 155

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for mocking me at this time in my life...must say, you're the first to tell me that the things that are comforting me at this point are "ridiculous".

No, you don't have to be at WDW...but the family trip we took to Sesame Place last year has provided me with a lot of comfort the past three weeks.

As ignorant and rude as you've been, I still hope you never find out whether you are right or wrong in this case. I would wish the loss of a child on no one.
I CAN'T BELIVE WHAT I JUST READ!!!DID SHE REALLY SAY "RIDICULOUS??)OH MY WHAT A HORRIBLE THING TO DO.THAT HAS TO HAVE COME FORM ONE OF THE LUCK PEOPLE NOT TO KNOW THE PAIN THAT WE'VE HAD TO INDORE(AND I'M VERY GLAD SHE HASN'T)I'M AGIAN SO SORRY YOU HAD TO READ SOMETHING SO HURTFUL:hug:

Try teaching Vygotsky style in a "No Child Left Behind" world. The probelm is we are leaving them behind, because we refuse to see that everyone does not need to fit into the round hole all nicely and neatly. It is more difficult each year to teach for the sake of learning and understanding when we constatly have assessments that need to have good scores. Teach for the love of learning or teach to get the test results the district wants. I try to do both as a firm believer in the test will have good reulsts if I teach them what they need to know. Then the state tests them on things they tell us the student should be able to do with help and you can't help them on the test. :confused3
Since education tends to be cyclical this too shall pass, but at what price... learning!

Can I just say that you have quoted my argument against testing and teaching philosophy all in one! If parents don't like standardized testing and teachers don't like standardized testing and we're the ones around the kids doing it... (taking a breath because that was a run on folks) then I am so glad a bunch of suits are telling me what to do with your kids in my classroom.

Wow! My conservative DH is going to cringe that his liberal wife just went on a tirade... plus it's :offtopic:. Sorry.

Thank you to everyone who stood up for me....I appreciate you. :hug:

BTW, I appreciate Vygotsky too, lol....God forbid our children don't fit in an institutional round hole....:rolleyes:

I CAN'T BELIVE WHAT I JUST READ!!!DID SHE REALLY SAY "RIDICULOUS??)OH MY WHAT A HORRIBLE THING TO DO.THAT HAS TO HAVE COME FORM ONE OF THE LUCK PEOPLE NOT TO KNOW THE PAIN THAT WE'VE HAD TO INDORE(AND I'M VERY GLAD SHE HASN'T)I'M AGIAN SO SORRY YOU HAD TO READ SOMETHING SO HURTFUL:hug:

The truly ironic thing is that she says she HAS experienced it. I hope she doesn't volunteer in a bereivement support group!;) Thank you for your support...and I am sorry for your loss too...:hug:

I have never seen such hatred and on a DISNEY board! It seems as though some are out for blood.:sad2:

If you have to be this ugly on a WDW board, you should turn off the computer and turn that frown upside down.

I'm just blown back by how many people are encouraging the op to just disregard the rules. Testing or no testing, how is that even wise taking a child out for two weeks in the beginning of the year for something as frivlous as a Disney Trip.

I agree. It's not allowed in our school district, anyway. Vacations are generally classified as unexcused absences, unless the principal okays it ahead of time.

What if something unforseen happens later in the year to cause you to miss more school?

2 weeks' worth of absences would be classified as truant, here.

PS. I wouldn't necessarily consider a Disney Trip as frivolous, depending on the circumstance.

I went to school with God's older sister's babysitter.

When I was in third grade, the school wanted to advance me; my mom said no because I was already one of the youngest in my class. At the end of that school year, we were invited to drive to Wyoming with my grandparents. My third grade teacher freaked out because I was going to miss the standardized tests given at the end of the school year. I don't remember how they worked it out, but this isn't a new thing.

Fast forward to my senior year, the night before SAT exams. Four of us had a sleepover, and you can imagine how rested we were for those tests. The three of us who regularly made good grades sailed through, and the colleges we selected rolled out the red carpet. The fourth went to a less demanding college for two years (a really fun girls' college in New Orleans), then transferred and graduated from a 4-year college. Again, all of this was happening a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter