Split Stay between SSR and OKW?

beverlytastegoodactually

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Just joined the DIS Boards. Hope you're having a good time today!
( please be nice to me:duck:).

I'm closing on a DVC membership and will soon be a new member. I'm hoping to book a one-bedroom once I get my points loaded in for a week in the Fall.

Due to limited availability, it's possible that I may need to do a split stay. I've seen that SSR tends to have pretty good availability, and OKW looks like its availability is a bit more scarce at present. I've been using a DVC availability tool to check rooms for the week I'm hoping to travel.

What would the pros and cons be of either staying the entire time at SSR, or doing a split stay between SSR and OKW in your view? I've also been considering subbing one of these with AKL if a one-bedroom is available there as well. I'm planning on renting a car, so transportation between the resorts isn't a huge consideration.

OKW units are going to be bigger than SSR. Location and bus-wise, fairly similar, although SSR is walkable to Disney Springs without getting et by gators or hit by golf balls.

OKW units are going to be bigger than SSR. Location and bus-wise, fairly similar, although SSR is walkable to Disney Springs without getting et by gators or hit by golf balls.
lol I may need to take the gators and golf into consideration. the walkability to Disney Springs is def appealing - thanks for the insight!

All of the SSR buildings have elevators as opposed to OKW, where very few buildings have elevators. Not sure if that is an issue for you but it sometimes is for us with carrying luggage and the occasional sleeping child.

Walk to DS? Heck, NO! Not when you can take a leisurely, relaxing boat ride.

We nearly bought another contract at OKW because the boat was so enjoyable.

Maybe just me, but I'd try for an uneven split by potlucking a few nights at one of the more exciting resorts theme-wise like Poly, BRV/CCV or AKV rather than two quite similar ones such as OKW and SSR.

We much prefer SSR personally. The newly renovated rooms are great as well. For us, the walking proximity to Disney Springs is a winner (we stay in Congress Park) and we find the rooms quieter vs OKW (where we've had horrific noise through adjoining doors from neighbors next door. We like the more spacious feel of the grounds -- more open feeling. Beautiful big rooms at OKW, but the new rooms at SSR are really really nice. We don't like split stays unless absolutely necessary due to limited availability.

thanks for the advice everyone! i must say the proximity to DS is looking pretty enticing now. i like the idea of "potlucking a few nights" too at one of those other resorts.

fingers crossed availability looks good once i get my points 🤞:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter