Splash Mountain to become Princess and the Frog ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
These days they do. I think the era of seeing rides that are not based on existing IP are over. I hate that face but it is where things are.
I don't think it's necessarily over forever, but the current regime (both Iger and Chapek) have made it clear that they will not make a ride without pre-existing IP attached. I think it's a big mistake because almost all of the great rides at WDW weren't based on IP.

I’m 6 pages in and have to ask if many posts in this thread have been removed? I’m confused.

Disney is laughing all the way to the bank. Re-release the limited gold collectors edition DVD, rehash some old merchandise, put a new coat of paint on the same ride. They love it. And the mob gets what they want (until they come to burn down the next ride that we all love...). Great....

I love Splash, but this has been inevitable for a while and I'm OK with it. I love the music from PatF (but they had better include some of Friends on the Other Side in there!) and I'm going to assume they'll do a good job with this until we see otherwise.

I am a pathetic excuse for a WDW fan because I have no problem with Frontierland (hey, my PatF buildings in Magic Kingdoms are in Frontierland! :-) ). And beignets are ALWAYS appropriate!

I don't think it's necessarily over forever, but the current regime (both Iger and Chapek) have made it clear that they will not make a ride without pre-existing IP attached. I think it's a big mistake because almost all of the great rides at WDW weren't based on IP.

I will die on this hill.

The attractions that stand the test of time are the ones without an IP attached. They’re the ones they don’t rely on the latest tech to make it cool. It’s FoP or FEA vs. Haunted Mansion or Pirates. Which two can stand the test of time? Sometimes they can blend both well (I think RotR can fall into this category, but thanks to COVID I only know through video), but I really wish they would not rely so much on IP.

I will die on this hill.

The attractions that stand the test of time are the ones without an IP attached. They’re the ones they don’t rely on the latest tech to make it cool. It’s FoP or FEA vs. Haunted Mansion or Pirates. Which two can stand the test of time? Sometimes they can blend both well (I think RotR can fall into this category, but thanks to COVID I only know through video), but I really wish they would not rely so much on IP.
I 100% agree with you. I'd throw Expedition Everest in the mix as well.

I may seriously have to mourn this one. It’s not that I’m against PatF; in fact, it’s my DH and DS#3 favorite movie. But, I will miss the songs, the jumping water (unless they keep that)...and even the creepy vultures. I love The story of how B’rer Rabbit outsmarts the fox and bear! I remember having it read to me as a young girl. Sigh. At least we have our memories.

I’m nervous guys. I don’t think there’s any major refurbs they’ve done that I thought were better than the original. 😬

Especially looking at you, Test Track and back half of Spaceship Earth.

Don't forget Disney is losing BILLIONS of dollars right now. If they have to add this to the redo list immediately, it might have to be done REALLY on the cheap. What project is this taking the money from? You will have to give up something to get this. It could ruin two projects if they are not careful.

Hopefully it turns out great. I'm sure the giftshop will sell more Princess IP.

I get why people are upset. Those classic rides hold lots of magic. It's sad to see them go.

But you’re not losing the ride? It’s just being rethemed. If you like a Disney water log ride with a Big drop, then good news this is going to be a Disney water log ride with a big drop!

The theme is an integral part of any ride experience. This is why a lot of Disney fans don't really like standard amusement parts. The theming is everything.

The comments on the twitter disgust me. It’s all the trolls who are calling everyone a racist if they don’t like this move. Most of those people wouldn’t even go to a Disney park or care about Disney. Yet they control this narrative that is sickening.

“ anyone who disagrees is a racist etc etc “

It’s truly disgusting. Not to mention they look 16 years old in their photos.

Splash mountain is iconic and children don’t see racism in a theme park ride, nor do the millions upon millions who ride it.

I wouldn’t care about the change if people weren’t claiming victory right now and calling Disney racist. That’s why I don’t like these changes. It’s not to be different. It’s to satisfy trolls who enjoy seeing things erased cause they go down the line of everything that they deem offensive, without caring whatsoever about some one else’s opinion

Either way. I hope it turns out nice and is iconic in the future but I’m gonna miss the rides I grew up on as a kid and enjoyed just cause they are fun.
With comments where you can't have an opinion without being torched on platforms like Twitter, having a thought opposite, well that's like throwing a bone out in the yard full of wolves and not really winning anything. Makes me think of the old saying “I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.”

Tiana was my favorite meet and greet ever. She was awesome!

The sadness of losing Splash is small compared to how happy and excited I am. Everything can't please everybody. Life moves forward.

Disney could’ve kept Splash Mountain and built a brand new ride for PaTF. Everyone would have been happy. Instead there going to cheaply reskin one of there greatest attractions.

Don't forget Disney is losing BILLIONS of dollars right now. If they have to add this to the redo list immediately, it might have to be done REALLY on the cheap. What project is this taking the money from? You will have to give up something to get this. It could ruin two projects if they are not careful.

Or they make the announcement and it takes years to happen. Just have to wait and see.

The theme is an integral part of any ride experience. This is why a lot of Disney fans don't really like standard amusement parts. The theming is everything.
It’s getting a better Disney IP theme based off a movie that’s not problematic. I’m still not following?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter