Splash Mountain merchandise? Status update for those at MK

I doubt much of the Splash merch will become truly "collectible" because either:
1) nobody knows or cares about those characters in 5 years (we've discussed this, ~60% of Disney fans have never seen SotS, the number rises each year)
and 2)it was mass-produced and there are tens of thousands of pieces of it or more

It'll skyrocket for a bit with this news but eventually, the hype will be all around the re-sellers and the next "Gotta Have It" Mickey-Ear headband.

....I checked out Amazon, E-Bay, etc. and the average going rate was from $200 upwards of $550.....EACH.
Yeeeeah , this is literally exactly like the panic buying, my money is on the splash merch craze being gone in a month-ish, maybe more.
I did hear the Briar Patch was closed today, though! Guess they cleaned them out!

I see that many people clearly didn't need the stimulus benefit money....
As an anecdote on that...one of my friends said he went to his local pawn shop. They were cleared out. People were reclaiming their tickets, buying new with cash. Most all of them using their stimulus or unemployment checks. I found that amusing.

The thing I remember most about the characters wasn't from SotS but from the remakes using just the animated parts. I remember seeing the movie back in the 70's but my memories are more about the animated characters.

It will take years for this stuff to have a true resale market. Disney will keep selling and even keep reordering until the last minute. Disney is going to make as much money off this as they can. They wont close that gift store until the ride is officially closed and no timetable has been discussed and could be a 6 months or more.

I agree. I am sure there is already a lot of merchandise on order.

Can anyone confirm if the store was open today and if so were they doing the virtual queue..i heard mixed stories

For anyone there, do they have the plush vulture? My hubby is a fan of the animation, and all others sit on his shelves.
When I was there Friday morning, there was only the rabbit & fox available. No bear or vulture.

We got in first thing this morning - by 9:15 they were taking numbers for a virtual queue. There were tshirts and sweatshirts, as well as some pins.

....you cannot get these online...I tried. :sad: [...through the WDW Parks merch page, anyhoo...]

I guess I wasn’t clear. I think that Disney probably has a lot of merchandise on order for Splash Mountain. It will be a while before the transition happens, and they don’t want to leave that store empty. I don’t have any real knowledge of logistics, but I would guess you have to put products into the pipeline quite a while ahead of time.

I guess I wasn’t clear. I think that Disney probably has a lot of merchandise on order for Splash Mountain. It will be a while before the transition happens, and they don’t want to leave that store empty. I don’t have any real knowledge of logistics, but I would guess you have to put products into the pipeline quite a while ahead of time.
....ahhh.....thanks for the clarification.... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter