Splash Mountain merchandise? Status update for those at MK

Was there any truth to the statement that annual passholders were having their passes revoked for doing this?

• Wow
Reactions: cm8

My wife just wanted the "I Brer'ly got wet" secret message tank top, to be added to the heap of discontinued retro Disney shirts. I saw they had them in The Briar Patch during the CM Previews, but apparently they decided not to open that store for the AP previews or the general re-opening, and the tops were not in stock by the time we got into the store at the exit on the 11th. Hoping they may reopen The Briar Patch at some point.

Is this tank what it sounds like it might be? The wetter it gets, the more visible the message is?

If so, that is genius!

They've done that before

Yes, but I believe that is only for pass holder exclusive merchandise.

Also, I'd like to add: The economy is down, many are out of work. Why look down on people who can do something like this in order to make some extra income? Are that many bags a little excessive? Yes. But if you have the means...

I don't agree with price gouging on essentials, but these are luxury items. If you can make a little extra income for whatever you need, I applaud the effort.

Last edited:

I didn't see a single ornament on Friday morning & I went straight there. Hopefully by November people will have calmed down & I'll be able to get one! I collect the mickey ear ornaments but try to limit myself to one per trip, haha.

Yes, but I believe that is only for pass holder exclusive merchandise.

Also, I'd like to add: The economy is down, many are out of work. Why look down on people who can do something like this in order to make some extra income? Are that many bags a little excessive? Yes. But if you have the means...

I don't agree with price gouging on essentials, but these are luxury items. If you can make a little extra income for whatever you need, I applaud the effort.
I get what you are saying, but I respectfully have to disagree. Charging $500 for a $28 item is ludicrous and cannot be categorized under "making a little extra income". And if someone is facing hard financial times, they have the means to go to WDW? That doesn't make sense.

If those people in the photo sincerely wanted to perhaps keep one and sell one, I don't even have a problem with it, as long as the mark-up is within reason. Clearly they had purchased MANY items; I wouldn't be surprised if they were being offered on E-Bay right now.

Last edited:
Hoping folks in this thread are right and Disney's going to keep up their restocking game--without knowing their timeline on having merch made it'd be hard to guess when they'll stop restocking even if we knew when the ride's last day is going to be, which obviously we don't. My bet's with the majority here that it'll be a while before we even get an announcement and we'll see Disney keep right on restocking through at least the end of the year if not significantly longer.

Which is all comforting words for myself as I sit here hoping they won't be cleared out when I go in early fall, and maybe I'll even be so lucky as to be able to simply walk in the shop without signing up for a virtual queue. But...I don't know, I guess I never felt a need to buy the plushes on any previous trips, so whether I "need" any of them now is questionable. On the other hand, my favorite WDW souvenir is my Skippy plush from Extraterrorestrial and half the reason I care about that thing is because he's not around anymore....

Hoping folks in this thread are right and Disney's going to keep up their restocking game--without knowing their timeline on having merch made it'd be hard to guess when they'll stop restocking even if we knew when the ride's last day is going to be, which obviously we don't. My bet's with the majority here that it'll be a while before we even get an announcement and we'll see Disney keep right on restocking through at least the end of the year if not significantly longer.

Which is all comforting words for myself as I sit here hoping they won't be cleared out when I go in early fall, and maybe I'll even be so lucky as to be able to simply walk in the shop without signing up for a virtual queue. But...I don't know, I guess I never felt a need to buy the plushes on any previous trips, so whether I "need" any of them now is questionable. On the other hand, my favorite WDW souvenir is my Skippy plush from Extraterrorestrial and half the reason I care about that thing is because he's not around anymore....

My favorite is a "Figment" that my late aunt bought me somewhere MANY years ago. Iy is something I will never let go.

I get what you are saying, but I respectfully have to disagree. Charging $500 for a $28 item is ludicrous and cannot be categorized under "making a little extra income". And if someone is facing hard financial times, they have the means to go to WDW? That doesn't make sense.

If those people in the photo sincerely wanted to perhaps keep one and sell one, I don't even have a problem with it, as long as the mark-up is within reason. Clearly they had purchased MANY items; I wouldn't be surprised if they were being offered on E-Bay right now.

Who determines "within reason?"

Personally, as a fan of Disney, I've purchased a few things outside of "reason." You make your decisions as an adult and choose. "Can I afford this?" Maybe not. Then you don't buy it,

Jim Hill reported that splash won’t go out of service for 2-4 years. It seems like as long as there is a demand for the products and Disney isn’t facing social backlash for selling them that they will continue producing and stocking the items until the ride actually switches over.

This seems like many similar times in the recent past where a limited number of collectible items are released, they sell out and create demand, then Disney makes a ton of them to satisfy the market. (ie: Rose Gold ears, Orange Bird cups, Be Our Guest Rose cup, and on and on.

it’s also important to remember that just because something is listed on eBay for a certain price does not necessarily mean it will sell for that price. I have watched auctions for various collectibles sit at a high price for months with no movement.

They didn’t restock today according to a few CMs, when I went to the store at 4ish no themed merch at all.

They didn’t restock today according to a few CMs, when I went to the store at 4ish no themed merch at all.
Yes, I rode Splash Mountain today and glancrd into the shop afterwards. They were selling Mickey & Minnie dolls where the Brer dolls used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter