Splash and BTMR closed again this morning? [Thursday Feb. 22nd]

Oh man... they are my first stops every MK day for my trip in a week and a half! At least I have FPs....

Heading down next week and very dismayed. I understand rides go down but yesterday having 7d, splash and space all down at once? Splash down multiple days in a row after 2 long refurbs? You want to charge these prices, you’ve got to do better. Too many down for too many days.

Here now and all three of these big rides are down at the same time. Splash has been down since 10 am and Big Thunder went down shortly thereafter. Been down for hours.

Space Mountain has a 175 minute wait and the fastpass line is insane because everyone is using their anytime fastpasses they were supposed to use for Splash and Big Thunder for Space. Eek. Repeat of yesterday.

Was just checking out of curiousity and not only are splash and BTMR still down, but 7d is as well. I’m sorry - you can quote all the terms and disclaimers you want but at some point I’d say Disney owes something to people who show up to MK to find that many headliners down for that long. Horrible MK week (and looks like test track was down as well). At the very least, an explanation should be give why so many at once.

Is it a Catch22? People want more park hours so they give them but the rides are aging. More hours are hard on them. It's harder and harder to keep them running the hours that the public wants them open and running. They try to reduce operating hours to cut down on stress on equipment (among other reasons of course) only to have complaints so they increase hours only to have breakdowns. They can only do so much during the hours they are closed, mechanically.

ETA - I don't know much about theme parks in all areas of the country but I know some are not open 365. Even Universal, while open 365, doesn't run the hours Disney does. Ride wear and tear has got to be a big factor. Should they do more to keep them up? Yes. As much as possible. How much is possible? That I don't know. My DH is a structural engineer. He's often amazed they can run like they do

Last edited:
What happens if you have a FP and the ride is down?
It converts to an anytime FP for that ride, good till the end of the day* OR a FP for a list of equal rides, shown on the app or website, and sent via email

ETA *if it's in the last hour of the day the FP is good for the next day at all 4 parks vs. that 1 park and on more rides than just equal rides to the one you had

Took us 28 minutes in the fastpass Space line. A man getting off the ride said he was in standby and there was no one there. Would they really post a 175 minute wait and then let standbys right on?

There have been more and more rides down recently. We went last summer and were surprised at the break downs. It was constant. We rope dropped SM, but got there and it was down for the whole morning. We went to Pirates and were walked off when it broke down. Next day we rd frozen, got there and it was down. We stuck it out and it was up and running within thirty mins. The whole trip there were sporadic break downs. I understand it happens, you just have to roll with it. I believe the constant running of the rides causes too much wear and tear. It stinks, but they usually get them up and running fairly quickly.

So it i
There have been more and more rides down recently. We went last summer and were surprised at the break downs. It was constant. We rope dropped SM, but got there and it was down for the whole morning. We went to Pirates and were walked off when it broke down. Next day we rd frozen, got there and it was down. We stuck it out and it was up and running within thirty mins. The whole trip there were sporadic break downs. I understand it happens, you just have to roll with it. I believe the constant running of the rides causes too much wear and tear. It stinks, but they usually get them up and running fairly quickly.
Getting them up quickly is not problem. But Splash and BTMRR have been down for hours. Result? All the other lines back up. We were going to use our anytime fastpass for Tomorrowland Speedway, but even it had a huge fastpass line backed up to the Teacups. So we are back to Space for our anytime fastpass ( just used our regular Space fastpass). I feel better about waiting half an hour with a fastpass for Space than for the Speedway.

Test Track has been down for a while today, too... but that's certainly not as unusual.

7BE2CCCF-BC13-4B75-94B5-A71385E68E13.png 9F492B7A-B1B6-4586-BC16-04D9A9D5A0F1.png 3274B1E4-78EA-45F6-8D32-01C76E5784A3.png 2/3 of our FPs are for Mine Train and Big Thunder are down. DD and DSIL used two of the anytime FPs on Space and waited almost 40 minutes. We’re getting out of Dodge!

Took us 28 minutes in the fastpass Space line. A man getting off the ride said he was in standby and there was no one there. Would they really post a 175 minute wait and then let standbys right on?
If they just opened it I guess it's possible they hadn't updated the time yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter