Spinoff: Songs That Make You Sad

I thought of another one..

I don’t know why but I just called by Stevie Wonder always struck me as a super sad song. I get a really uneasy feeling every time I hear it, like it traumatized me in a previous life lol

The Way We Were. . .

There are many songs that I hear randomly and listen to lyrics that touch me. May not be a favorite or even a song I have heard often, but the lyrics will bring tears or that thing in the back of your throat. . .

At This Moment by Billy Vera. My first love broke up with me in 1990 and I heard that song on my drive home. I had to pull the car over, I was crying so hard.

Amazing Grace makes me think of my aunt who passed tragically. She loved that song.

Say Something by A Great Big World reminds me of my buddy who died in a car accident 4 years ago.

The Prayer by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli. I heard it in the car once when I was just starting to go through a terrible time with my daughter (which has not ended). I misheard the lyrics as “I pray you’ll be alright...” and just lost it. Tears now just thinking about it. Still praying for that.

Amazing Grace with bagpipes -- way too many police funerals

Leader of the Band, by Dan Fogelberg, because it reminds me so much of my Dad

Levels, or anything else by Avicci -- a young musical genius I met briefly without having any idea who he was, or that he was famous...until the news stories about his death.

Last edited:
Weekend in New England by Barry Manilow
Ordinary Fool by Julie McWhirter
The Rainbow Connection by Karen Carpenter
Why Can’t He Be You by Patsy Cline

I was reading a book about WW2 battles the summer this song came out and always associate it with the worldwide conflicts:

I accept that only I make that connection, LOL.

"September" by Earth, Wind, and Fire. It was played at a funeral and now that's all I can think of when I hear it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter