SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully its getting closer to opening, but still doesn't sound like anything soon.
Doubt it will be open for our April trip.

I had to push my April trip out to September, maybe being able to do this will be one good thing about having to wait so long to be back in my happy place.

We are going over Christmas-NYE. Have two Epcot days! It’s got to be open by then right?! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Any speculation out there for why this has been delayed as long as it has? Disney is well versed in both construction and restaurants.

Just thinking out loud but wondering if Disney is working hard to open a restaurant during reduced seating times that was already going to be in great demand? Would it be good PR for them to open something when the majority of people are unable to get a reservation? I can see a lot of disappointed people when it first opens.

Just thinking out loud but wondering if Disney is working hard to open a restaurant during reduced seating times that was already going to be in great demand? Would it be good PR for them to open something when the majority of people are unable to get a reservation? I can see a lot of disappointed people when it first opens.

I would counter your comment with the thought that it is better to open a new restaurant with a reduced capacity so to give time working out the kinks. Disney is bound to upset many many visitors anyways as not everyone can get in at once.

I would counter your comment with the thought that it is better to open a new restaurant with a reduced capacity so to give time working out the kinks. Disney is bound to upset many many visitors anyways as not everyone can get in at once.
Plus, adding a restaurant with reduced capacity is still an overall increase in available capacity. Everyone eating at the newly opened restaurant (or even at re-opened establishments that are currently closed) is one less person competing for the limited capacity elsewhere.

One of the frustrating things right now (and I understand that Disney has to balance the bottom line) is that having more things open (attractions, shows, restaurants, shops, etc.) would spread out the crowds more (an obvious health/safety benefit). Of course, if they don't also increase the number of people they let in the gate, opening those places may actually lose them more money.

Of course, if they don't also increase the number of people they let in the gate, opening those places may actually lose them more money.

Then again, I'm sure they'd rather open places that can at least come close to breaking even (like a restaurant with reduced capacity) than open an attraction that just costs them money.

Also, with a restaurant like this I'm sure they have to keep paying the primary chefs, etc. to keep them on staff until opening. So they are losing more money than say an attraction that is just sitting closed.

I guess the visitors to the new restaurant in those first few weeks or months won't necessarily know what space 220 is supposed to look like with regards to tables, spacing etc ( assuming they do not fill the restaurant with the amount of tables they would have had, had covid not happened). It will be when things are back to "normal" there may be complaints about how cramped it is in there etc.

Not to parrot the points others have mentioned above, but whether we are still at 35% or at 100% capacity, there's probably enough demand out there that a majority of people won't be able to get a reservation. I guess what I'm saying is that there will be a lot of disappointment to go around either way.

I guess the visitors to the new restaurant in those first few weeks or months won't necessarily know what space 220 is supposed to look like with regards to tables, spacing etc ( assuming they do not fill the restaurant with the amount of tables they would have had, had covid not happened). It will be when things are back to "normal" there may be complaints about how cramped it is in there etc.
I could be wrong, but from the concept art, I think the tables are affixed and may not be portable where they can easily remove some and spread the rest out, which means they would likely go the route of many places and just have every other table not being used. I'm also assuming that the tables had already been installed since they were SOOOO close to opening ("soon") when COVID hit, so not likely that they would adjust how many they put in at first and add more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter