SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing we’ll get info at D23 including a name and opening date. Just 100% a guess.

This is what drives me crazy - I know its not confirmed that they'll announce when reservations will open for Space at D23, but I dont understand why they keep announcing such high demand things in advance instead of just opening up the dining dates and call it a day. This is what they did with the $10 Magic Bands and so many people wanted in on it that they crashed the website because the website couldn't handle the volume. (I don't recall if this is what happened when Be Our Guest opened up reservations?) I think Disney enjoys the pandemonium and chaos.

(I don't recall if this is what happened when Be Our Guest opened up reservations?)
That one was the granddaddy of all clusters. It was so crazy that they announced the day to start accepting reservations and hyped it up online. As everyone expected, the system crashed very quickly. Even with all this prep work, I never did make it through. Thankfully the friend we were traveling with did make it through. This was the morning of 8/20/12.

IMG_5818 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Disney knows how these deals end. Every. Single. Time. I sort of agree that they like the hype and excitement that goes along with the frustration and disappointment for many. Why should they care? Tables will be full regardless of whether it's a controlled quiet roll out or an angst filled crash.

That one was the granddaddy of all clusters. It was so crazy that they announced the day to start accepting reservations and hyped it up online. As everyone expected, the system crashed very quickly. Even with all this prep work, I never did make it through. Thankfully the friend we were traveling with did make it through. This was the morning of 8/20/12.

IMG_5818 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Disney knows how these deals end. Every. Single. Time. I sort of agree that they like the hype and excitement that goes along with the frustration and disappointment for many. Why should they care? Tables will be full regardless of whether it's a controlled quiet roll out or an angst filled crash.

Exactly! I almost could hear the collective sigh of all the CMs that get to handle the phones on that fateful day Space will get released.

Well they sure dont help avoid it when they pre-announce dates and then have a website that can't handle the amount of traffic that it creates, combined with an IT Dept that can't do anything short of saying "try your call again later".
There are other, more likely, explanations.

8365531689_7e037c7cc4_z.jpg
I wouldn't expect anyone to prepare for customers to being doing things like that. I'm not sure I would want anyone to plan for things like that. I don't blame anyone for doing things like this, but I think we all need to realize that when they put higher prices on things they're doing it because they've had to deal with things like this. It's better for them overall to just bump up the prices so that they sell only 90% of what they have available rather being slammed like this to sell 100%.

Not likely as if you've noticed any big release by Disney whether it be the Magic Bands, or even something as simple as a discount release, the website just can't handle the volume.
Most of the time it can handle the volume. It is only on those occasional times when a new release doesn't go as smoothly as one might want that we actually hear about it. How sexy is a thread title, "Nothing went wrong this morning!!!"?

We have two days in Epcot on our January trip. Hope we get lucky and can get in (if it’s open) one of our days

Most of the time it can handle the volume. It is only on those occasional times when a new release doesn't go as smoothly as one might want that we actually hear about it. How sexy is a thread title, "Nothing went wrong this morning!!!"?

Please...please don't try to spin Disney IT as anything other than the hot mess it is.

Most of the time it can handle the volume. It is only on those occasional times when a new release doesn't go as smoothly as one might want that we actually hear about it.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Please...please don't try to spin Disney IT as anything other than the hot mess it is.

For real. And hot mess is putting it mildly and being kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter