Space 220

I’ve read several comments here that there would be “no substitutes” allowed & you had to take the entrees as is. I don’t know where that info came from, but just FYI: we ate dinner there Thursday. My DH ordered the fillet which came with a potato leek croquette as the starch. There are fried potato wedges listed on the optional sides menu. He asked if he could sub the fried wedges for the potato croquette. The server said “of course”. There was no issue at all, no checking with a manager, no need to fake an allergy, no extra charge. Just asked & was accommodated.

I also overheard a man at the table behind us ask to purchase the souvenir rocket cup that’s on the kids menu. Didn’t want the drink, just asked if he could buy the cup. That she had to check with manager for, saying usually they don’t sell it to adult, but she did bring him one. I didn’t hear details about the price etc. But I heard him thank her profusely so I know she was able to get him one.

Darn, I wish I had asked for the cup! I love souvenir cups and noticed them at other tables (always with kids). I figured it wasn't possible since it was on the kids menu. Maybe next time - it's good to know it is a possibility.

Our server indicated that there were no substitutions, but I'm glad your DH was able to. If I go back I'll order the fillet again but request the wedges (I didn't love the croquette).

We have reservations in November, but I’m considering dropping them (sadly). I always want to try the new offerings at Disney, but this just doesn’t seem worth it to me. I will probably wait until a little closer to our trip and make a decision.

I made The same call. I’m going to try the lounge to see the elevator and a few dishes, but the prie fix menu seemed too much $ with so many options to try out At Epcot and F&W festival options.

Sorry, this may have been answered early in the thread, but do reservations open up on day-of? What time Eastern?

If not, what are my options to try and get in? I'm an AP holder with no hotel reservations.

Last edited:

We have reservations in November, but I’m considering dropping them (sadly). I always want to try the new offerings at Disney, but this just doesn’t seem worth it to me. I will probably wait until a little closer to our trip and make a decision.
I'm considering canceling as well. I've been waiting for this to open for so long so I'm not sure what to do. The price seems like pure insanity, and this is coming from someone who gladly paid and booked a dessert party. Something about the prix fix pricing doesn't sit well with me.

Sorry, this may have been answered early in the thread, but do reservations open up on day-of? What time Eastern?

If not, what are my options to try and get in? I'm an AP holder with no hotel reservations.
Normal ADR periods apply, 60 days before your park reservation or 60+10 for on-site guests. As for timing, 6am EDT, the ADRs are made available to you.

I’ve read several comments here that there would be “no substitutes” allowed & you had to take the entrees as is. I don’t know where that info came from, but just FYI: we ate dinner there Thursday. My DH ordered the fillet which came with a potato leek croquette as the starch. There are fried potato wedges listed on the optional sides menu. He asked if he could sub the fried wedges for the potato croquette. The server said “of course”. There was no issue at all, no checking with a manager, no need to fake an allergy, no extra charge. Just asked & was accommodated.

I also overheard a man at the table behind us ask to purchase the souvenir rocket cup that’s on the kids menu. Didn’t want the drink, just asked if he could buy the cup. That she had to check with manager for, saying usually they don’t sell it to adult, but she did bring him one. I didn’t hear details about the price etc. But I heard him thank her profusely so I know she was able to get him one.
So, I hesitate(d) sharing this story because I don't want it to lead to a guest being frustrated with a CM. But it seems relevant here. When I went (second day, originally sought a reservation but wanted the lounge and they could get me in immediately), I had read all of the feedback from the people who went the first day. It was clear that the trading card were one per person; and that if you bought a mocktail, you could get a pack of trading cards. So, wanting to get something special for my kids, I got a mocktail and when I ordered it, I mentioned the cards. My server (second day, remember) adamantly swore that the mocktail I ordered (from the zero-proof section) was not a mocktail and I would not be able to get the cards. She said she'd ask a manager if they would be nice this once but if not, would I want to order the milky way drink instead of the lemonade as that was the only mocktail they had. I said sure. She came back and said her manager said she could let me have it with the lemonade but not next time. I just said thank you and didn't go any further (I realize some might have said something more - it's not my style and I thought, "For all I know, they've changed the rules since yesterday.").

At the very same time, I was sitting next to (in the lounge) a group of four (people about my age - no kids). They each got a mocktail and each got a pack of cards (one was the milky way, 2 were the lemonades and I think the third was the pop-rocks one - there is a third, I just forget which). Their server suggested to them ordering more mocktails and getting more trading cards packs because every mocktail ordered came with one, without limit. And so they did order a second round (I don't know if they did more) and got another pack of cards each (I noticed in part because I had two kids and was nervous that coming back with one pack of cards wouldn't work out, lol). So - it's genuinely awesome that PP's dinner worked; and, I would still go in planning for no substitutions (or whatever) and being pleasantly surprised if they will make it work out for you because it could be that the rule is X and a particular server does Y. I recognize that stinks when you're trying to plan (especially if it's around things like allergies, etc) - butat the same time, sometimes miscommunications happen (to our benefit or loss) and things get mixed up.

That said - my kids were fine with only getting one pack of trading cards (dodged a bullet there! :P).

From International Gateway, we went straight to the walk-up lounge line when Epcot’s early entry opened at 10:30am. We were about 10th-12th in line. They began seating guests on a first come, first served basis at 11:30am. The first set of guests went right into the lounge. When they got to the party before us, it was announced the lounge was full; but regular tables with the prix fixe menu were available. We accepted the table; but we could have waited for a lounge seating to open up. When they offer you a seating time, you must accept it or leave it.
Thanks! We were shut out of a dining ADR and trying to decide if we want to do walk up or just skip it this time and enjoy all the kiosks.
Reviews have not been overwhelmingly positive, which is concerning for a new restaurant, so waiting seems the better option.

Tried getting it for my trip today (60 +10-day mark). Everything was blocked out for parties of 2 for all the days we're in epcot. Pretty annoying, especially when I found availability for parties of 3-4 at almost all the places I was shut out of.

So, I hesitate(d) sharing this story because I don't want it to lead to a guest being frustrated with a CM. But it seems relevant here. When I went (second day, originally sought a reservation but wanted the lounge and they could get me in immediately), I had read all of the feedback from the people who went the first day. It was clear that the trading card were one per person; and that if you bought a mocktail, you could get a pack of trading cards. So, wanting to get something special for my kids, I got a mocktail and when I ordered it, I mentioned the cards. My server (second day, remember) adamantly swore that the mocktail I ordered (from the zero-proof section) was not a mocktail and I would not be able to get the cards. She said she'd ask a manager if they would be nice this once but if not, would I want to order the milky way drink instead of the lemonade as that was the only mocktail they had. I said sure. She came back and said her manager said she could let me have it with the lemonade but not next time. I just said thank you and didn't go any further (I realize some might have said something more - it's not my style and I thought, "For all I know, they've changed the rules since yesterday.").

At the very same time, I was sitting next to (in the lounge) a group of four (people about my age - no kids). They each got a mocktail and each got a pack of cards (one was the milky way, 2 were the lemonades and I think the third was the pop-rocks one - there is a third, I just forget which). Their server suggested to them ordering more mocktails and getting more trading cards packs because every mocktail ordered came with one, without limit. And so they did order a second round (I don't know if they did more) and got another pack of cards each (I noticed in part because I had two kids and was nervous that coming back with one pack of cards wouldn't work out, lol). So - it's genuinely awesome that PP's dinner worked; and, I would still go in planning for no substitutions (or whatever) and being pleasantly surprised if they will make it work out for you because it could be that the rule is X and a particular server does Y. I recognize that stinks when you're trying to plan (especially if it's around things like allergies, etc) - butat the same time, sometimes miscommunications happen (to our benefit or loss) and things get mixed up.

That said - my kids were fine with only getting one pack of trading cards (dodged a bullet there! :P).
I assumed it was a supply issue and that they might not have enough for kids because for whatever reason Disney does attract a lot of weirdos who will take things out of a child's hand for themselves. BBB reservations, waking up Tinkerbell, you wouldn't believe the drama on Disney Cruise Line groups because only children got a bag of cheap Trick or treat candy delivered to the room.

they need to either restrict the cards and cup to kids 100% if they dont have enough or if their supply is bigger than expected make that clear to servers and customers. this is going to be a lot of wasted CM time otherwise.

Tried getting it for my trip today (60 +10-day mark). Everything was blocked out for parties of 2 for all the days we're in epcot. Pretty annoying, especially when I found availability for parties of 3-4 at almost all the places I was shut out of.

You can make a reservation for 3 and then just tell them when you show up that there will only be two of you no problem!

I've learned that if I can't find an ADR for 2, to try 4. As you found out, they often are available.

From International Gateway, we went straight to the walk-up lounge line when Epcot’s early entry opened at 10:30am. We were about 10th-12th in line.
Isn't early entry 9:30am not 10:30am? I'm only asking because I'm trying to gauge whether it's worth it to head directly to the lounge line or not if they don't start seating until 11:30. I'd consider waiting an hour, but definitely not two.

does this work with the pre-paid places (I've read so many things, is S220 prepaid? or is that just firework's parties?)

No, it doesn't work for pre paid restaurants like CRT. You pay for the number of people on the reservation. Space 220 is not pre paid, its a set price for a two course lunch and then a more costly set price for a three course dinner.

We ate lunch at Space 220 today. They did allow me to sub broccoli for brussle sprouts and allowed DD to get an ‘adult’ portion of Mac and cheese. The food was good and we enjoyed the restaurant. We won’t do it again soon but maybe in a couple of years.

No, it doesn't work for pre paid restaurants like CRT. You pay for the number of people on the reservation. Space 220 is not pre paid, its a set price for a two course lunch and then a more costly set price for a three course dinner.
Thanks. I've read so much on different topics that it is now getting messed up in my head. (I still can't make ADRs until the end of Nov.

We ate lunch at Space 220 today. They did allow me to sub broccoli for brussle sprouts and allowed DD to get an ‘adult’ portion of Mac and cheese. The food was good and we enjoyed the restaurant. We won’t do it again soon but maybe in a couple of years.

Interesting that your DD was able to get an adult portion of the kids meal, as previously I don't think that was allowed. Hopefully Disney have relented on that rule.
I haven't had a reply to my email that asked about teens being able to order off the kids menu ( but still pay adult price)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter