Space 220

Was over at Epcot this past Friday for F&W. We decided to walk over to Space 220 around 4:30 to see what the walk up situation for the lounge was like. We were told that the wait to get into the lounge would be 1.5 - 2 hours. We passed. It is first come, first served - no virtual waitlist so you have to wait there.

Reservations opened up at 6 this morning. My check in date is Nov. 26 and the first available date was Dec. 2 I was able to make a dinner reservation and there were a few time slots to choose from.

Thanks for the info from all of us waiting and watching.

Thank you. Mine is in the morning. I was hoping for Nov 28 did you try that date? If not I can try December 3. You didn’t happen to try for Topolinos breakfast did you lol. Just wondering if anything will be available.
I did try Nov. 28 and nothing was available. Topolino's still has availability that week.

Just to reiterate again it looks super duper fun to sit in and eat but the food looks so bland and not fun spaced theme. That’s what bothers me the most why have such a fun space with drab food.

It sounds like I probably shouldn't bother with getting up early to check since Space 220 and Sci-Fi are the only ADRs I planned on making. My ADR day is tomorrow and our last day in the parks is December 2nd. If I can't get an ADR between tomorrow and our Epcot day, we'll try the lounge since we'd like to experience the restaurant at least once.

You might not get Space, but you could still get Sci Fi. I would try for it. I was surprised that I got 50s Prime Time lunch last Thursday for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I also got Sci Fi during July, when a lot of people were complaining about not getting stuff. Just get up early, You never know what will happen. I know that I would regret not trying. Good luck!

You might not get Space, but you could still get Sci Fi. I would try for it. I was surprised that I got 50s Prime Time lunch last Thursday for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I also got Sci Fi during July, when a lot of people were complaining about not getting stuff. Just get up early, You never know what will happen. I know that I would regret not trying. Good luck!
I'll still at least go for Sci-Fi and if Space 220 magically shows up, then great! It was more about timing because I'd have to get up extra early on a work day (we're talking 4am. 🥲) and if Space 220 wasn't gonna be available, I'd sleep in until my normal time and book Sci-Fi at work. Lol I wasn't expecting Sci-Fi to be hard to get since I've never had an issue getting an ADR for it, but I also haven't been to WDW during the pandemic or during the week after Thanksgiving so I could be wayyyy off. I'll get up a little earlier and see how it goes. Thanks again! ☺

Been following this thread for a long time.

We ate there a few days ago. It wasn’t very good for us. I had the Buffalo cauliflower appetizer and burger. The app was pretty decent. The burger and fries were bad. Worst burger I’ve ever had. Seriously. Very tasteless unseasoned meat and I asked for medium well. It was unevenly cooked with blobs of very red/pink mixed with more cooked meat. Had a weird slaw and slimy bacon on it. Just gross IMO. The fries were so so salty I couldn’t do it to myself. Didn’t want to raise my BP that much for meh food.

I rarely say anything to waitstaff about food quality but this was so disappointing (and spendy) I actually spoke up. She brought me less salty fries. = No salt. (No table salt either) Bland unsalted unseasoned charred fries. I was grossed out by the burger so just passed on any redo.

The manager came and we chatted. He didn’t charge us. ( i felt kind of bad then for speaking up. I wasn’t looking for a freebie just giving feedback but he insisted) My husband had a salad which he liked fine and the pasta thing which he ate because he was hungry but it wasn’t particularly good. We won’t be back I’m pretty sure. Ever.

There was a weird funky smell like somebody was smoking. I kept smelling it off and on throughout our lunch. Come to find out thats part of the wow factor of the salmon dish. It was close to cigar smoke smell. Kind of unpleasant to me.

The music in there was cool. The ambiance of the place was neat for about 10 minutes then it was just boring. Not enough to watch. Not much going on in space. Just overall disappointing. JMO. And we were very much looking forward to it for years and so excited to finally get a seating.

Just our experience. Maybe others enjoyed it more but :/ We had delicious food at homecomin and house of blues and a couple other places. Space was a bust.

Been following this thread for a long time.

We ate there a few days ago. It wasn’t very good for us. I had the Buffalo cauliflower appetizer and burger. The app was pretty decent. The burger and fries were bad. Worst burger I’ve ever had. Seriously. Very tasteless unseasoned meat and I asked for medium well. It was unevenly cooked with blobs of very red/pink mixed with more cooked meat. Had a weird slaw and slimy bacon on it. Just gross IMO. The fries were so so salty I couldn’t do it to myself. Didn’t want to raise my BP that much for meh food.

I rarely say anything to waitstaff about food quality but this was so disappointing (and spendy) I actually spoke up. She brought me less salty fries. = No salt. (No table salt either) Bland unsalted unseasoned charred fries. I was grossed out by the burger so just passed on any redo.

The manager came and we chatted. He didn’t charge us. ( i felt kind of bad then for speaking up. I wasn’t looking for a freebie just giving feedback but he insisted) My husband had a salad which he liked fine and the pasta thing which he ate because he was hungry but it wasn’t particularly good. We won’t be back I’m pretty sure. Ever.

There was a weird funky smell like somebody was smoking. I kept smelling it off and on throughout our lunch. Come to find out thats part of the wow factor of the salmon dish. It was close to cigar smoke smell. Kind of unpleasant to me.

The music in there was cool. The ambiance of the place was neat for about 10 minutes then it was just boring. Not enough to watch. Not much going on in space. Just overall disappointing. JMO. And we were very much looking forward to it for years and so excited to finally get a seating.

Just our experience. Maybe others enjoyed it more but :/ We had delicious food at homecomin and house of blues and a couple other places. Space was a bust.
This sounds exactly how I am imagining it going. I mean...its basically a super fancy large tv that is mostly black right? However this is the kind of review I need to see so I can finally work up the willingness to cancel.:) also, uneven cooking of your burger and slimy bacon sounds like a health issue, definitely shouldn’t have had to pay at minimum.

Will there be any walk up from today forward? We were not able to get reservations during our trip. Thanks!

I feel like this sums it up well. I did show my kids the video of going up/down in the elevator and they thought that was cool.

Did not get a Space 220 reservation today when my time opened. Oh well I got everything else I wanted.

I've got a reservation for November but I'm worried how long the dinner will take with the Prix Fixe menu. Can I use my reservation to sit at the lounge with my kids?

When I got on this morning for December 4th there was lunch and dinner available. I got a 1pm. That is our departure day so I will actively be stalking to try and find one during the week.

I've got a reservation for November but I'm worried how long the dinner will take with the Prix Fixe menu. Can I use my reservation to sit at the lounge with my kids?

No. If you make a reservation, you are committed to paying for prix fixe at the age level of each member of your party. That said, you could probably skip a course to speed up your meal (or just ask for fast food arrivals), but you will pay for all of it. https://allears.net/2021/09/21/how-to-experience-epcots-space-220-with-no-reservation/

The lounge seating is for walk ups only, and right now, apparently the line is requiring you to stay in it, but this is subject to change at any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter