Space 220

You mention dietary accommodation… may I ask about your experience?
Sure, someone was allergic to sunflower seeds but wanted the burrata salad(the sauce is sunflower seed romesco). A chef came out and offered a different option(I think it was an herb aioli or something)

Then they went over other modifications they can/will do. Like replacing some ingredients or substitutions.

Pretty standard overall to how it usually gets handled on property. But given its price fix and a 3rd party restaurant, I have had issues with this before and figured it was worth mentioning that it was more of the standard accommodation.
Obviously changing some things is untenable, but I was happy with how they approached it.

Sure, someone was allergic to sunflower seeds but wanted the burrata salad(the sauce is sunflower seed romesco). A chef came out and offered a different option(I think it was an herb aioli or something)

Then they went over other modifications they can/will do. Like replacing some ingredients or substitutions.

Pretty standard overall to how it usually gets handled on property. But given its price fix and a 3rd party restaurant, I have had issues with this before and figured it was worth mentioning that it was more of the standard accommodation.
Obviously changing some things is untenable, but I was happy with how they approached it.
That’s really nice to hear. Things seemed like they were becoming more and more inflexible, it’s great to see that there is some responsiveness.

Heading down 11/18 for a super short one day solo before the 24h race at Sebring the next day. Will likely do all 4 parks as usual.
No luck yet with my TP reservation finder for S220.
If I don’t get an afternoon bg for Remy or the reservation, I was still planning on a quick lap at Epcot to snag lunch and try for the 220 Lounge, but with the two posts above detailing lengthy and unsuccessful standby experiences, coupled with tales of insane Skyliner waits this weekend, I’m apprehensive. Might not be worth it to schlep all the way over there between HS and MK to mill about.

Any more recent standby experiences?

Heading down 11/18 for a super short one day solo before the 24h race at Sebring the next day. Will likely do all 4 parks as usual.
No luck yet with my TP reservation finder for S220.
If I don’t get an afternoon bg for Remy or the reservation, I was still planning on a quick lap at Epcot to snag lunch and try for the 220 Lounge, but with the two posts above detailing lengthy and unsuccessful standby experiences, coupled with tales of insane Skyliner waits this weekend, I’m apprehensive. Might not be worth it to schlep all the way over there between HS and MK to mill about.

Any more recent standby experiences?

Don't know about the lounge, but I haven't had luck with TP either. Our trip is just a few days after yours. Oh well, next trip.

Quick question - are there tables for large parties? We have an ADR for a party of 7, and just found out my son's girlfriend will be joining us. Wondering how likely it is we can add an 8th. I tried online but no chance to modify it. Normally a 7 top can handle 8. Any thoughts?

In general at WDW ADRs, adding one seat is usually do-able. My view is that Space 220 is only at 40-50% of capacity when I went there on Oct 11th, so if they are still not at full capacity it should be easier to add that last spot, but if not, it will depend on what a CM feels like and how busy they are at that moment.

Just came back from our trip and guys, sorry to say but Space220 was the worst meal for $370 that our party of 3 Disney adults, 1 child and 1 infant had. The experience of going up feels good and the anticipation was great. The calamari was chewy, but hot; Buratta was good (needed some bread or crackers), steak was so chewy and hard to cut through. Snapper was better, but two in our party had steak. We didn't get the trading cards, even when I confirmed that the kids meal and the special drink order would receive it (we should have gotten 3 packs as we ordered 2 drinks and one kids meal). A special order dessert was no where to be found and the manager came and apologized. The lemon dessert was excessively sweet and sour (and I drink diluted acv routinely); the toffee cake was better and reminded me of the Ohana bread pudding, but the Chocolate mousse dessert was the best (not too sweet). I had reservation finders setup for our checkout day and could have gotten lunch, but opted not to book (even my teen yelled absolutely not). It truly mimics the experience at Coral Reef. At 8:25 pm, they had only 4-5 tables seated, so staffing is clearly an issue (our dinner took 2 hours).

Ohana was the second worse (cold meat slathered with excessively salty BBQ sauce; filled up on cold noodles, pot stickers, bread and salad). Boma (memorable flavors: oxtail soup, avocado papaya salad and cottage cheese with grilled pineapple; a cupcake with grilled pineapple and condensed milk topping), Be our Guest (steak was cut with fork great) and Steakhouse 71 (highly highly recommend) were consistent and great experiences. Would recommend any of these 3 places instead of Space220; maybe the lounge is a better option (food wise).

Last edited:

In general at WDW ADRs, adding one seat is usually do-able. My view is that Space 220 is only at 40-50% of capacity when I went there on Oct 11th, so if they are still not at full capacity it should be easier to add that last spot, but if not, it will depend on what a CM feels like and how busy they are at that moment.
Great - thanks for the response!

Just came back from our trip and guys, sorry to say but Space220 was the worst meal for $370 that our party of 3 Disney adults, 1 child and 1 infant had. The experience of going up feels good and the anticipation was great. The calamari was chewy, but hot; Buratta was good (needed some bread or crackers), steak was so chewy and hard to cut through. Snapper was better, but two in our party had steak. We didn't get the trading cards, even when I confirmed that the kids meal and the special drink order would receive it (we should have gotten 3 packs as we ordered 2 drinks and one kids meal). A special order dessert was no where to be found and the manager came and apologized. The lemon dessert was excessively sweet and sour (and I drink diluted acv routinely); the toffee cake was better and reminded me of the Ohana bread pudding, but the Chocolate mousse dessert was the best (not too sweet). I had reservation finders setup for our checkout day and could have gotten lunch, but opted not to book (even my teen yelled absolutely not). It truly mimics the experience at Coral Reef. At 8:25 pm, they had only 4-5 tables seated, so staffing is clearly an issue (our dinner took 2 hours).

Ohana was the second worse (cold meat slathered with excessively salty BBQ sauce; filled up on cold noodles, pot stickers, bread and salad). Boma (memorable flavors: oxtail soup, avocado papaya salad and cottage cheese with grilled pineapple; a cupcake with grilled pineapple and condensed milk topping), Be our Guest (steak was cut with fork great) and Steakhouse 71 (highly highly recommend) were consistent and great experiences. Would recommend any of these 3 places instead of Space220; maybe the lounge is a better option (food wise).

I really wanted to experience Space220 next week, but based on your two reviews I'm gonna save the money. Your Ohana sentiments mirror my experience there last month. I compared it to being worse than Panda Express and it used to be a must do for us every trip. Thanks for sharing your experience!

I really wanted to experience Space220 next week, but based on your two reviews I'm gonna save the money. Your Ohana sentiments mirror my experience there last month. I compared it to being worse than Panda Express and it used to be a must do for us every trip. Thanks for sharing your experience!
I'm a big proponent of going via lounge and just grab a few things that you like. I would agree that the food isn't memorable, but the plating does make for some nice pictures. Atmospritz is fun to watch them make it. They have Cotton Candy in it. I also recommend getting the Moon Rocks (or other zero proof cocktails) so you can get the trading cards packet. Makes for a nice memorable stop without having to deal with mediocre food.

was wondering if anyone had any luck converting a space 220 reservation to lounge on the day of? I have a party of 6 of us with a reservation but all 6 are super picky eaters who prefer the menu items off the lounge menu.

So, just to update. We went to Space 220 this evening. I think it was a one and done for us.
The theming is great, and its a fun concept. However the food is mediocre at best. They did allow my daughter (13) to have the pasta from the kids menu, and then an adult dessert. She enjoyed both. We were charged the kid price plus an extra $5 for her dessert, which I was more than happy with.
I had the Cesar salad which was ok, but not something I would normally choose ( but there was very little I would choose), and then the chicken. The batter on the chicken reminded me of the batter you get on sweet and sour chicken from a Chinese takeaway. The chicken itself was quite dry. I then had the lemon mousse, which was very nice.
DH really liked his calamari and red snapper. He found the chocolate cheesecake quite rich, but he's not really a dessert person.

Our server was very attentive, kept our drinks topped up etc, and even brought DD a pack of the cards.
We were able to use our DVC discount and received 15% discount.

I think the menu would have to change quite a bit for us to consider going again.

So, just to update. We went to Space 220 this evening. I think it was a one and done for us.
The theming is great, and its a fun concept. However the food is mediocre at best. They did allow my daughter (13) to have the pasta from the kids menu, and then an adult dessert. She enjoyed both. We were charged the kid price plus an extra $5 for her dessert, which I was more than happy with.
I had the Cesar salad which was ok, but not something I would normally choose ( but there was very little I would choose), and then the chicken. The batter on the chicken reminded me of the batter you get on sweet and sour chicken from a Chinese takeaway. The chicken itself was quite dry. I then had the lemon mousse, which was very nice.
DH really liked his calamari and red snapper. He found the chocolate cheesecake quite rich, but he's not really a dessert person.

Our server was very attentive, kept our drinks topped up etc, and even brought DD a pack of the cards.
We were able to use our DVC discount and received 15% discount.

I think the menu would have to change quite a bit for us to consider going again.

Based on a few comments, food quality seems to be a pattern here. For $79 basic price, I would have expected better, No interest in going there.

Hi everyone, new to this thread... so for clarification you can request a reservation for the lounge only 60 days out? or is this a stand-by option

TIA for clarification

Hi everyone, new to this thread... so for clarification you can request a reservation for the lounge only 60 days out? or is this a stand-by option

TIA for clarification
You have been able to book the lounge at 60 days. But there have been no dates available after Jan, the reservations for the lounge might be ending in Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter