Souvenir glasses - send to resort?

KatrinfromGermany

Mouseketeer
Is it possible to get your souvenir glasses of Trader Sams sent to your hotel (i.e. AKL)?
If not - can I buy something in the Poly gift shop and let the gifts together with the souvenir mugs be shipped to our hotel?
We will visit Trader Sams before DAH in MK and I'd hate to schlepp the souvenir mugs during DAH.
:magnify:

It appears this is unknown! Makes sense to me that your idea would work, but there are all kinds of rules and policies at WDW. It's a great question, please let us know if it worked for you.:)

For the souvenir mugs from TS they won't ship them to your resort on it's own at least they didn't back in October when I was there. Shipping store to resort is totally doable though, if you get a good cast member. When you make the purchase from one of the stores you can ask them to add in your newly acquired mug into the bag and ship it over to your resort too.
Now this I wouldn't say is 100% guaranteed as they might be all you didn't buy it in the store but definitely worth a shot and again depends if you get a good cast member.

Depends on cast member at the store. I've been told that policy is that non-store items are not allowed to be added to bag. However, I have had some CM's do so for us.

Do the resort gift shops ship purchases to other resorts? I thought it was just parks to resorts?

Do the resort gift shops ship purchases to other resorts? I thought it was just parks to resorts?
I think you’re right. I bought something at the contemporary and couldn’t have it shipped back but I could take it to a parcel storage in magic kingdom and pick it up when I left. Not sure if that service will be available during DAH but ITV might be worth a shot. It’s free and convenient.

A couple of years ago when staying at BC, we bought a mug at TS, took the monorail back to Epcot and were just planning on walking through Epcot back to BC. Security gave us (it was DD7 and myself) a very hard time about taking a glass into the park. He pulled another guard over, and after talking to him he finally decided to let me through, but stressed more than once that I needed to not take it out of the box and walk straight through to my resort. I was pretty surprised by this, considering they sell plenty of glass items in the parks. :confused3Anyway, not sure if that is standard operating procedure or not but personally I won't try it again.

Wow, seems to be a tricky question. Thanks for all your answers!
Adding the locker's cost to the price for the souvenir mugs makes them even more expensive. Not sure how to solve the problem.
Perhaps we will take the car instead of the buses. By doing this we could bring the mugs to the car and store them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter