Southwest Park Ticket Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased 4 6 day base tickets and received the email itinerary within minutes of purchasing. Only took as long to change screens to get to my email and I put March in for travel dates

I just purchased 4 6 day base tickets and received the email itinerary within minutes of purchasing. Only took as long to change screens to get to my email and I put March in for travel dates

And your itinerary had a Disney Reservation Number/barcode to redeem the 4 tickets on MDE?

I just got off the phone with SWV and they said that Disney won't send them the Disney Reservation number until 65 days in advance. So with my March trip, I won't get reservation number until end of January. I'm trying to decide if I should wait, or cancel the purchase, and then rebook with closer dates so I can get the tickets linked now for peace of mind.

No, haven't received that email yet. Just the itinerary confirmation showing what I purchased with a confirmation code

Thank you to everyone who took one for the team and placed orders. I really appreciate that you all have come back to the thread with updates. I've been trying to find the least expensive way for my nephew to take his wife to Disney this year and the 6-day tickets were perfect! I'll be in Disney early December, so I can pick up the actual tickets for him. I ordered yesterday and I got the itinerary with the barcode and Disney reservation number this morning. Good to know he could link them to MDE right now if he wanted to but he wants the physical tickets to put in a package for her Christmas present.

I'm sorry in advance - know its a pain to hear the same questions over and over, but I'm reading through all 7 pages and just want some sort of agreement/confirmation.

I'd like to buy 2 adult and 1 children's 6 day hopper thru SW. We are definitely going in April. Possibly in Febuary....maybe even a long weekend in January. Should I put the January date? I will also be upgrading to AP when we do get to Disney. I'm thinking the cost to upgrade each adult will be $405 (saving about $37 per adult)? Does that sound right?

If I put Jan for the date, but don't get there until April and then upgrade to AP, it will be good to the following April, correct?
Thanks!

I purchased a single 6 day PH with the dates 11/14-11/17 today around 2:00PM. I haven't gotten my itinerary email yet. Based on the feedback here I'm speculating that if you put a date in the near future (next 30 days), you will receive a code in the first itinerary email.

Further support of this theory: I received my itinerary this morning with the barcode and Disney confirmation number. I don't know what the magic number is, but it's probably safest to make the dates as close to the present date as possible when ordering these tickets, especially if you have an immediate need for the confirmation number.

I'm sorry in advance - know its a pain to hear the same questions over and over, but I'm reading through all 7 pages and just want some sort of agreement/confirmation.

I'd like to buy 2 adult and 1 children's 6 day hopper thru SW. We are definitely going in April. Possibly in Febuary....maybe even a long weekend in January. Should I put the January date? I will also be upgrading to AP when we do get to Disney. I'm thinking the cost to upgrade each adult will be $405 (saving about $37 per adult)? Does that sound right?

If I put Jan for the date, but don't get there until April and then upgrade to AP, it will be good to the following April, correct?
Thanks!

If you want the code from Southwest Vacations as soon as possible:
Don't even change the dates on their booking page. Leave them at the default (right now it's like early November) and you'll get the code for your tickets fairly fast. Mine have all shown up the following morning. Just make sure whatever is selected is within a month or two; it does not need to be related to your actual trip dates at all.

Then you can link them to MDE immediately and have them ready for whenever you do end up going.

If you want the code from Southwest Vacations as soon as possible:
Don't even change the dates on their booking page. Leave them at the default (right now it's like early November) and you'll get the code for your tickets fairly fast. Mine have all shown up the following morning. Just make sure whatever is selected is within a month or two; it does not need to be related to your actual trip dates at all.

Then you can link them to MDE immediately and have them ready for whenever you do end up going.

Thanks - and then if I upgrade to annual passes in April, they will be good for a year from upgrade correct?

I just got off the phone with SWV and they said that Disney won't send them the Disney Reservation number until 65 days in advance. So with my March trip, I won't get reservation number until end of January. I'm trying to decide if I should wait, or cancel the purchase, and then rebook with closer dates so I can get the tickets linked now for peace of mind.

Thanks for this. I noticed this language in the itinerary email last night "Feature confirmation number will be provided on your e-document at 60 days prior to travel if full payment has been received for your vacation package or at time of full payment if within 60 days of travel." So that seems to agree mostly with what you were told.

I'll probably just take my chances and wait as most of my trip is offsite and FP can't be booked until 30 days in advance. Hopefully I'll get the number 60-65 days before and it will all be good for the two days I'm onsite!

I'll probably just take my chances and wait as most of my trip is offsite and FP can't be booked until 30 days in advance. Hopefully I'll get the number 60-65 days before and it will all be good for the two days I'm onsite!
Take a look at the FP FAQ thread by mesaboy2.

Your onsite stay opens the 60-day window so you'll have the ability to book your offsite days within the 60-day booking window or when the 60-day window rolls forward.

Lots of posts in the Everything FP subforum.

I ordered two tickets about 1.5 hours ago, using early November as the date. Got the first two emails instantly... eagerly awaiting the third... :rolleyes1

Take a look at the FP FAQ thread by mesaboy2.

Your onsite stay opens the 60-day window so you'll have the ability to book your offsite days within the 60-day booking window or when the 60-day window rolls forward.

Lots of posts in the Everything FP subforum.

Oh thanks, I had no idea about this!

They cannot be paid for with points. SW Vacations is a different entity than SW airlines.

Makes sense -- thank you. We weren't planning to return until the kids were a little older (like 2018 or 2019) but we have a bunch of SW airfare points to use before they expire, and combined with this deal and booking an off-site stay, we just may be back next May....

I'm wondering, even though the offer says to travel by April 24, 2017, if the tickets purchased could be used after that date. I'd love to be able to buy a couple of these for my June trip. Anybody care to fathom a guess on if it'd work? I couldn't imagine the tickets would just disappear after April 24, 2017 out of MDE?
A Disney park hopper is a Disney park hoper, they don't start til activated so you should be fine.

Makes sense -- thank you. We weren't planning to return until the kids were a little older (like 2018 or 2019) but we have a bunch of SW airfare points to use before they expire, and combined with this deal and booking an off-site stay, we just may be back next May....

Remember, if you purchase something small via the SW rapid rewards shopping portal or have other "earning" activity, you will extend the expiration of your points by another 2 years.

I just ordered my tickets and have received three emails, which came immediately, one right after the other. However, none of them contain a bar code. Should I be expecting another email?

I just ordered my tickets and have received three emails, which came immediately, one right after the other. However, none of them contain a bar code. Should I be expecting another email?

What were the dates you put in for your trip? If not less than 60 days then it seems you will be waiting for the barcode or if you want it sooner perhaps could call and try and get it sooner.

I used the default dates-I think it was Oct 24-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter