Soulmates plan our committment ceremony!

Just a few thoughts...
Have you heard about wrappedhersheys.com ? they have some really cute ideas :cool1: We purchased from them for our 25th Anniversary in 2006 and was very pleased with it. We also had Yankee Candles custom made too...just had to have a little YANKEE in the event! We also did custom M&M's...

BTW- I will keep your son in my prayers that his tour of duty is a safe one!

Our honeymoon ressies are made!!! Our friends who are DVC owners, just rented 2 studios for us!! The 2 studios are LESS than 1 room at a moderate for 5 nights, can't beat that one!! :woohoo::woohoo: Why 2 studios? We're bringing my 2 daughters. They will be 15 & 21 next year and we promised next trip, they would be with us. Great thing about them coming, is we can hang out with them and have fun, but also do our own things. My middle daughter will be almost 22 and is just like me, VERY protective, so I have no worries about them venturing out on their own. I am SOOOO excited to be able to stay at BoardWalk Villas and share in the "Magic" with Christy & my daughters!! Life is good, we are blessed! :love:

We own at Boardwalk too. That is the first DVC property we bought. We just love it there. So much to do. Make sure you all go over the Beaches n Cream at the Beach Club near the pool and have yourselves a 'Kitchen Sink' ..yummy! If you looking for a nice quiet pool head over to the pool near the community center of Boardwalk, which is on the back end of the resort. It is usually pretty empty.
:yay::yay:

Cindy

We own at Boardwalk too. That is the first DVC property we bought. We just love it there. So much to do. Make sure you all go over the Beaches n Cream at the Beach Club near the pool and have yourselves a 'Kitchen Sink' ..yummy! If you looking for a nice quiet pool head over to the pool near the community center of Boardwalk, which is on the back end of the resort. It is usually pretty empty.
:yay::yay:

Cindy

Great tips, thanks!! I know my daughters are going to LOVE this resort. We stayed at WLV's this past trip and my partner & I really loved it. Laid back, gorgeous, HUGE, and we were treated like royalty! Our friends who are DVC members, this is their home resort and they LOVE it. Infact, everyone we know that has stayed there, LOVES it as well!! We're going at a perfect time of year!! Can't wait, 10 months!! :woohoo:

Thats great about the the studios!!! Where are they at? I want to consider the renting DVC points but i just find the whole dvc thing very confusing! hehe!! it sounds sooo good- you got a good deal!

Thats great about the the studios!!! Where are they at? I want to consider the renting DVC points but i just find the whole dvc thing very confusing! hehe!! it sounds sooo good- you got a good deal!

These are at the BoardWalk Villas, over across from Epcot. Renting is WAYYY cheaper than regular rooms. We are renting TWO studios, for LESS than ONE room at a moderate resort!! One studio, with a kitchenette, balcony, FREE valet parking, queen bed, pullout sofa AND on the water, it's $540 for 5 nights!!! Depends on WHEN you go, rates change w/ the seasons. I can't say enough about renting points!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Oh my goodness!! thats amazing! i remember you telling me about staying at the boardwalk. I would LOVE to stay there as its so close to my wedding!! I really may have to consider into looking into renting!

Its not only me that wants to find a good deal- my mum needs somewhere that will sleep 5- and the room prices are absolutely CRAZY! a studio like that would be perfect! But for me and wayne- we want somewhere special as we will only be spending about 5 days in disney and you know, the boardwalk would be such a good location! i could roll out of bed and down the aisle!

*maybe you'll have to give me your friends details haha!! :rotfl:

HAHA, I doubt you'll roll outta bed and down the aisle!! ANY DVC is a good choice. There are SO many people who are willing to rent for $10 a point!! Go to the DVC rental board!:thumbsup2

Just a few thoughts...
Have you heard about wrappedhersheys.com ? they have some really cute ideas :cool1: We purchased from them for our 25th Anniversary in 2006 and was very pleased with it. We also had Yankee Candles custom made too...just had to have a little YANKEE in the event! We also did custom M&M's...

BTW- I will keep your son in my prayers that his tour of duty is a safe one!

Thanks for keeping Aaron in your prayers. We did consider doing the personalized candy, but have since decided on doing a CANDY BUFFET BAR. Our guests can take a to go bag home, and fill it with different candies of their choice! :love:

Thanks for keeping Aaron in your prayers. We did consider doing the personalized candy, but have since decided on doing a CANDY BUFFET BAR. Our guests can take a to go bag home, and fill it with different candies of their choice! :love:

I have seen pictures of a candy buffet bars from a wedding in October...wow, that is a great idea...have you picked your wedding cake and car bar vendors yet?? The girl that got married in October had a wonderful one and was very reasonable too. I think she said she is in Holly Springs which is just a few miles away! Let me know if you want the name and phone number and I will PM it to you.

Cindy

p.s. my daughter is about to get engaged! She and her boyfriend have been looking at rings and she wants a diamond in the middle with sapphire baggetts on the side so last Friday he went by himself ... they have a tenative date 11/11/10 :love:

I have seen pictures of a candy buffet bars from a wedding in October...wow, that is a great idea...have you picked your wedding cake and car bar vendors yet?? The girl that got married in October had a wonderful one and was very reasonable too. I think she said she is in Holly Springs which is just a few miles away! Let me know if you want the name and phone number and I will PM it to you.

Cindy

p.s. my daughter is about to get engaged! She and her boyfriend have been looking at rings and she wants a diamond in the middle with sapphire baggetts on the side so last Friday he went by himself ... they have a tenative date 11/11/10 :love:

Yes, our wedding cake pics are on my thread, the vendor is out of Raleigh. We are going for our tasting after the holidays. She did our friends wedding! Having picked the candy vendors, prolly do something online.

My daughter's fiance picked the ring out all by himself, which is HUGE because he's never done anything like that. I've YET to see it, she's supposed to post pics today. She's 3 hrs away, so I won't see her till Christmas Day!! I won't make it till then...I need to see it NOW! :banana:

Mine hasn't picked a date yet, they know Spring of 2011, guessing April ish, maybe late March. We'll do all that after the holidays.;)

That is great news about your daughter! You will have so much to look forward to now in the next few years!

I really like the idea of a candy buffet, we are doing one for our at home reception. So many times favours are wasted because people don't like them, but with a buffet, they can take what they like. Plus it is fun, and adds to the decor!

That is great news about your daughter! You will have so much to look forward to now in the next few years!

I really like the idea of a candy buffet, we are doing one for our at home reception. So many times favours are wasted because people don't like them, but with a buffet, they can take what they like. Plus it is fun, and adds to the decor!

And you get the fun of eating the leftovers afterwards!!

So I've been posting here & there...but alas we're in 2010 so now the countdown is on!! We just set a date to do our tasting with the caterer, March 6th...SO excited. Doing a buffet and it will be some spicey cajun foods, with lots of rice, veggies and LOTS of amazing foods!! Want to appeal to everyone. Can't wait!1:banana:

Hi Chris, well 2010 is here and pretty soon your soulmate ceremony will be here too! You must be soooo excited:)

I hope all the plans you have made are in place and now you can sit back and relax. I can't wait to read your TR's.

And since your mentioned that your daughter recently got engaged, well, I will need some ideas because like I said in post #139, my daughter got engaged on Valentine's Day! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I would love to do an Escape Wedding for her at EPCOT but she is concerned about her friends having to spend their vacation for her wedding...I say what better way to spend a vacation than at a wedding for few hours and lots of time at DisneyWorld!

Cindy

Great tips, thanks!! I know my daughters are going to LOVE this resort. We stayed at WLV's this past trip and my partner & I really loved it. Laid back, gorgeous, HUGE, and we were treated like royalty! Our friends who are DVC members, this is their home resort and they LOVE it. Infact, everyone we know that has stayed there, LOVES it as well!! We're going at a perfect time of year!! Can't wait, 10 months!! :woohoo:

Hi Chris,
We actually are renting at the Boardwalk too. Instead of having spending extra money for welcome wedding party, we are renting Disney's Grand Villa for 4 days & 3 nights and we're having our Welcome Wedding Party there. I can't wait either. Keep us all informed of your plans!!!

Absolutely love your plans, the cake is absolutely gorgeous and the candy buffet sounds so fun! You must be planning like crazy with the wedding so close now, I sure hope you'll post a good few pics of the day, I'd love to see that gorgeous building all done up!!!

thanks! I've been SO busy. Most of our plans have changed. Funny how that happends. We are now having a small, 25 guests, ceremony &dinner. We've rented a lovely private room at an AMAZING Italian restaurant. We are having it professionally photographed. Just a small affair, I'll wear a black cocktail dress and she is wearing grey slacks and a black dress shirt. My bouqet is yellow sunflowers with a hint of purple. Her bout is the same.

I'll post pics when we come back from DISNEY WORLD!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter