• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Well, IT'S TRUE!!! You are! :rotfl2: Max was sick all last night, so I just saw this as I was coming into work. Will be back to read and catch up later, but I had to say that and that I LOVE the TR title! :rotfl:

And the awesome MEK pictures begin! :thumbsup2 Great start so far, not that I expect anything less, what with you being more interesting than Gaston and all.

Here !!!!!

I really enjoyed that trip.

Hi, Pat! :wave: I had to just throw this in here, because its relevant and it was funny... I was in line with my little group waiting for the MK rope drop show to start and I was standing next to a woman who was solo and looked like it maybe, kinda, coulda been you and since I've followed your trip reports intermittently (sorry), it was possible my image of you could be off.

So, we started talking and our chat immediately turned to the FLE and whether it was still open to the general public. She was pretty knowledgeable about what was going on (at least as knowledgeable as most of us on the Dis) and mentioned being an AP holder. At which point, I thought, what the hey? She looks an awful lot like Pat, so let me go for it. I started by just asking if she posted on the Dis, she looked at me like I was insane, and that was the end of that conversation. :upsidedow Well, at least I tried, right?

Sorry for hijacking for a sec...

I am here, page 2 :rotfl2: Figures.

Welcome to my newest Trip Report. Actually, "our" newest Trip Report as this is a joint venture between myself and eandesmom (Cynthia). Since Cynthia is still hard at work on her summer trip report, I will be the main narrator. Cynthia will be stopping by to add her own version of the events.

Yes! So stop on by anyone who hasn't already (shamless plug lol) Coffee on the Verandah, link is in my siggie :goodvibes.

I'll figure out a color for my updates and probably have my departure update up tomorrow or the next day but soon. I think I uploaded my phone pics but can't recall! So need to check that too. Not today though, have to go play Santa to clients all day and hope snow doesn't come and mess with my plans. Every year I spend 2-4 days running all over town delivering gifts and the weather can really make it or break it on how efficient I can be. Am about 50% done, weather willing will finish today which will make the rest of my work week before Christmas SO nice! I do love it though, it's a fun time of year.

I think its pretty cool that the DIS boards brought us together and I am sure we will be live long friends.

Here we are 18 months later

IMG_9697.jpg

We also had a partner in crime during this trip. Meet Poolrat Pat. You going to see a lot of her during this trip report.

IMG_9547.jpg

I think it's pretty cool too! And yes we will :goodvibes Mary Ellen is a great roomie, we had an absolute blast and I have a sneaking suspicion it's only a matter of time till we figure out when the next girls trip will be. Problem is fitting it around all the trips we both already have planned! :lmao:

Pat is definitely the unofficial 3rd amiga on this trip. An unexpected and very fun partner in crime. Crimes of food, drink and photo ops that is.

Oh - and Trip Report Title - You can thank Cynthia for that. She is the creative one!

Well, you can thank another DISer, who hopefully will be along and recognize where the title came from, since we won't get to the story for a bit!

No Alarm Necessary

Aren't departure days the best? That feeling of energy that hits you the moment your alarm rings. Or in my case, no alarm was even necessary because I woke up before it ever went off.

I remember grabbing my phone, looking at the time, and thinking "Woo Hoo, I'm going to Disney today".

October 16th was a Tuesday and I made arrangements with Denny to take me to the airport. I was scheduled to fly out of Philadelphia at 9am.

They are the best! well, as long as you are ready and not running late that is. Which obviously you weren't!

When I got in line it was around 12:10. The line was LONG. I was surprised and I actually started to wonder whether I would get on the bus. I was pretty far back. I checked FB and checked email and probably texted Cynthia that I was there. I think her flight was getting ready to board or maybe she had already left.

Before I knew it, it was 12:30 and a woman in line asked if she should catch a cab. She said she was supposed to be at a conference session at the Grand Floridian at 1pm and if she was late she would not be admitted. She spoke with one of the DME employees who was absolutely no help. I felt bad for her. When the DME employee told her she would definitely be late and she should catch a cab, she asked what the price would be. When she heard the answer she said, "forget about it".

And with that our DME bus appeared.

That line and wait sounded brutal. I think I consistently fly at odd times, I've never ever had a line. I don't go in the main line though, straight though to the left. Doesn't seem to matter much, even when you get right on the bus, you sit there for 30 minutes. My flight left at 8:55 my time and we did text before I took off but I am thinking that it might have been when you landed as at 12:10 EST I'd have had stuff turned off. But by the time you were on the bus I might have been online in air, can't recall although I was very good about not doing FB and email until I'd run through one battery's worth of work project.

So funny though, the east/west time difference. My flight left at the same time as yours and yet you get a whole day there. Not fair! I miss the red eye.

Yay!!!!!!!

:welcome: Danielle! So happy to have you on board for another TR! :cool1:

I'm here...now back to read (I didn't want to do responses on my TR tonight anyway :lmao::lmao::lmao:).

:welcome: Kathy! So glad to have you on board for another go-round on the old TR boards. :thumbsup2

Great start. This is going to be one great TR...you and Cynthia, an dPat thrown in too. I can hardly contain my excitement.

This trip was crazy full of DIS meets. Unfortunately, we don't have photographic evidence of some of them. :( I know the rule - If there's no picture, it didn't happen, but there are some reasons for the limited pictures.

Glad you got on the bus...even if it was the back of the bus.

The back of the bus is WAY better than no bus. Apparently they were running a bus short or something of that nature.

I'm here !!

:welcome: Susan! Watch out - Scooter mom is here! :thumbsup2 Thanks for joining in.

YAY for a girls trip !! I dream of doing one of those sometime. Right now, though, my family would lynch me if I tried to go without them.

You really have to wait until your kids are at least in high school. Then they don't care as much. At least my boys could care less and they actually like having me out of the house for a week. :rotfl: So does my DH! :laughing:

I agree that Food and Wine is an amazing time to go. I can't wait to see what you guys ate !!

Thank goodness I took pictures of nearly everything we ate and I would have no clue. I probably still won't have a clue, but its a start. I already know that next year I am getting my passport and checking everything off as I go. I need all the help I can get.

I am so excited about the Grand Floridian DVC units. The points will probably be insane, but I REALLY want to stay there !!

I do too. I am worried that the high point price will desuade me, but it really would be nice to do for a couple nights. Early check-in, late check-out. I would probably sandwich it in the middle of a more point conscious stay.

Yay for Wilderness Lodge. We really enjoyed our time there in September.

VWL is one of my home resorts. I look forward to eventually staying there during Christmas season. Unfortunately I am going to miss it by about a week next year. Sigh!

Looking forward to reading more !!

Susan

Much More to come!

Woohoo...:cool1:

This is going to be good...:cool1:

:welcome: Patricia! So glad to have you along for the fun! I agree, this is going to be good. The challenge is remembering everything. :rolleyes1

Great Peeps, Great Resorts and based on the aforementioned great peeps... probs some great food and adult beverages...

Ah, yes, two great resorts and visits to a few more. Too much great food and too many adult beverages to count. Now that's what I'm talking about! :thumbsup2

Totally Ready...

popcorn::

I probably won't update again until either right before or right after Christmas, but I am sure Cynthia will be here with her own "official" introduction.

Sigh. Page two...
That's what I get for taking the night off the computer and going to bed early!

Oh well - I'm really excited for this TR - since I was there too! :thumbsup2
Hi Pat and Cynthia!!

Wonder if that woman in the ME line made it into her big conference? What kind of conference doesn't let you in if you're a little late? Now I'm curious and we'll probably never know the answer.:confused3

Thanks for the bat signal!

:welcome: Jen! Thanks for joining in! I know you can totally relate to a "girls only" trip.

Yay! Looking forward to reading all about the trip!

:welcome: Lisa! Thanks so much for joining in! I promise, this will be a crazy trip for sure!

I'm here! Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!

:welcome: Marissa. Thanks for joining in! So glad to have you on board for this crazy girl's trip.

Oh, and your bag is just PRECIOUS. :cutie:

Thanks! I love that bag ($12 Walmart - did I really have a choice?)

Signing on. Can't wait to read all about it!

:welcome: Glenn! It wouldn't be a trip report without you present. I can assure you that I won't be posting any pictures of bathroom stalls on this TR! :rotfl2:

Here !!!!!

:welcome: Pat! :cool1: You are are big part of this trip report, so you BETTER be here!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

I really enjoyed that trip.

So. Much. Fun. The next time we do a girls trip we have to coordinate dates. It was too much fun not to do again.

Woo to the Hoo!!! :woohoo:

An new TR, from MEK!! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Camille! So glad to have you along for the start of this one! Yeah! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear and see it all through your eyes again. ::yes::

I promise you, its a doozy and its double trouble because both Cynthia and I will be telling this story. Watch out!

Hey Mary Ellen, thanks for the heads up on the new TR! I'm totally on board for this one! :cool1:

:welcome: Tanz! You picked the perfect time to come back on the DIS boards. This trip was really fun because it was a crazy girl's trip AND it was during F&W. A fun combo - for sure!

Love the name and that you met Poolrat Pat many times during the trip. Eek on the wait for the ME bus but you got some pretty pictures of the resorts.

Wait until you see how we came up with that name. Let's just say it involves yet another DISer!

Looking forward to reading more!
Tanz :)

Once Christmas is behind me I am hoping to update a couple times a week, so stay tuned.

Sorry I can't get to all the replies right now, but you know there's this little thing called.....work Sigh!

Yay!!! Thanks for the heads up, I am here and ready for the whole story!
October 16 is a great day, also my anniversary ;)

Oh, I am so in here!

Sorry I am late joining, we spent the afternoon shopping in Germany (the real one :rotfl2:) and got back later than expected. :goodvibes

I'm in! I have the same shirt that Pat is wearing!! LOVE that shirt!

Jill in CO

I'm here! Great start! I love Food and Wine trips, I'm trying to plot a quick Thursday-Sunday trip this October, but I'm not sure if it's going to work out or not, we'll see! :rotfl: I love your Disney bag, and yay for Wilderness Lodge! :dance3:

Not even 24 hours and I'm on page 3 :headache: you're one popular lady Mary Ellen!

Thanks for the invite, can't wait to hear about your newest adventure :)

Okay, I'm here to actually comment now!

I am soooo glad that you loved F&W! I knew you would. Maybe one day we can overlap a F&W trip and share some drunk little cucumbers. :rotfl:

Departure days are always the best. You're so excited when you get up in the morning. It's the only time I'm actually able to get up early.

How did you like The Girl Who Played with Fire? I think it's a great series.

Hahaha, I think the signature gate picture might prove to be a little difficult when you are seated all the way in the back of the bus.

I am so stoked to stay at the villas at the GF. I don't care what the points are! We've stayed there on points before, and that's without villas. Anything has to be better than that! :lmao:

I'm here!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! :banana:

:welcome: Sara! Thanks for joining in! It was a pretty crazy and fun trip!

:cool1::woohoo::yay:

Thanks for starting!!! So far, so good! Love the pictures of you and Cynthia and of the 3 of you!

:welcome: Dee! I am so glad you are here and joining in for this TR!

I'm glad you were able to get onto the ME bus- even though you missed the Welcome sign picture, you got some great shots from the window. Wow, that is a lot of stuff going on at GF.

I tried so hard to get the welcome shot, but I was too slow to get my camera out. I was using my cell. Oh well, the main thing is I got on the bus and got there.

I can't wait to see the GF when its finally done.

Hope you are able to keep track of that book for the whole trip!

:banana::banana::banana:

I will have you know that I did NOT lose that book! I'm so proud!

You're off to a great start :) I can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Dawn! So happy you are here and joining in for another TR! :banana:

Well, IT'S TRUE!!! You are! :rotfl2: Max was sick all last night, so I just saw this as I was coming into work. Will be back to read and catch up later, but I had to say that and that I LOVE the TR title! :rotfl:

Well, hey....who am I to argue with that, but I sure think it threw Gaston for a loop. He didn't know what to say! :rotfl2:

I hope Max is feeling better.

And I have you and Cynthia to thank for the TR title. I can't claim even an ounce of credit.

Finally catching one of your reports early on!! I can't wait to read all about it

:welcome: Krysten and yeah :love: for getting here right at the beginning. TR's are so much better that way. :thumbsup2

And the awesome MEK pictures begin! :thumbsup2 Great start so far, not that I expect anything less, what with you being more interesting than Gaston and all.

:rotfl2: haha! Good one!

Hi, Pat! :wave: I had to just throw this in here, because its relevant and it was funny... I was in line with my little group waiting for the MK rope drop show to start and I was standing next to a woman who was solo and looked like it maybe, kinda, coulda been you and since I've followed your trip reports intermittently (sorry), it was possible my image of you could be off.

So, we started talking and our chat immediately turned to the FLE and whether it was still open to the general public. She was pretty knowledgeable about what was going on (at least as knowledgeable as most of us on the Dis) and mentioned being an AP holder. At which point, I thought, what the hey? She looks an awful lot like Pat, so let me go for it. I started by just asking if she posted on the Dis, she looked at me like I was insane, and that was the end of that conversation. :upsidedow Well, at least I tried, right?

That's actually a pretty amusing story. I guess she decided you were a creepy internet stalker. :rotfl: That happened once with my friend Jen and I. We met some lady getting off the plane in Orlando and when Jen asked if she was on the DIS she said, "NO I hate the website" Awkward!

Sorry for hijacking for a sec...

No hijack at all!

I am here, page 2 :rotfl2: Figures.

:welcome: to page 2. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes! So stop on by anyone who hasn't already (shamless plug lol) Coffee on the Verandah, link is in my siggie :goodvibes.

It's a great TR, so for anyone who hasn't been there YOU should go!!!!!!!!

I'll figure out a color for my updates and probably have my departure update up tomorrow or the next day but soon. I think I uploaded my phone pics but can't recall! So need to check that too. Not today though, have to go play Santa to clients all day and hope snow doesn't come and mess with my plans. Every year I spend 2-4 days running all over town delivering gifts and the weather can really make it or break it on how efficient I can be. Am about 50% done, weather willing will finish today which will make the rest of my work week before Christmas SO nice! I do love it though, it's a fun time of year.

Delivery presents to the clients sounds like a necessary evil. I certainly hope the weather cooperated. I hope you were able to finish all your deliveries.

I think it's pretty cool too! And yes we will :goodvibes Mary Ellen is a great roomie, we had an absolute blast and I have a sneaking suspicion it's only a matter of time till we figure out when the next girls trip will be. Problem is fitting it around all the trips we both already have planned! :lmao:

Yup - there's always that possibility for another girl's trip. Love that!

Pat is definitely the unofficial 3rd amiga on this trip. An unexpected and very fun partner in crime. Crimes of food, drink and photo ops that is.

I agree. It was so fun meeting and really getting to know Pat.

Well, you can thank another DISer, who hopefully will be along and recognize where the title came from, since we won't get to the story for a bit!

She already posted and yes - she recognized her own line. :rolleyes1

They are the best! well, as long as you are ready and not running late that is. Which obviously you weren't!

There is just something so exciting about D-Day. And, no, my timing was perfect!

That line and wait sounded brutal. I think I consistently fly at odd times, I've never ever had a line. I don't go in the main line though, straight though to the left. Doesn't seem to matter much, even when you get right on the bus, you sit there for 30 minutes. My flight left at 8:55 my time and we did text before I took off but I am thinking that it might have been when you landed as at 12:10 EST I'd have had stuff turned off. But by the time you were on the bus I might have been online in air, can't recall although I was very good about not doing FB and email until I'd run through one battery's worth of work project.

I've taken ME enough to know that it was an unusually long line and I heard a few people say that they were running one bus/driver short. It really was an excessive wait. Annoying! :headache:

ISo funny though, the east/west time difference. My flight left at the same time as yours and yet you get a whole day there. Not fair! I miss the red eye.

I got a whole day there, but I totally did nothing with it. Well, I guess that's not entirely true, but I really did goof off quite a bit before I left for Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter