Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

Going down in a week to WDW, white card holder. Am I going to have an issue renewing the Sorcerer's Pass?
Yes. Eligibility is supposed to be verified with each sale, including renewals. I had to provide my membership information. I would fully be prepared for a renewal into incredipass if you want to keep an AP.

Going down in a week to WDW, white card holder. Am I going to have an issue renewing the Sorcerer's Pass?
I just renewed last week. DVC confirms blue card eligibility (I'm both blue and white card) before renewing and I had to speak with several CM's to renew. The final CM is DVC.

I just renewed last week. DVC confirms blue card eligibility (I'm both blue and white card) before renewing and I had to speak with several CM's to renew. The final CM is DVC.
I am hoping I get someone who doesn't know any better in person at MK guest relations. :rotfl:

They have proper protocol in place now so you can only renew to passes you qualify for, which sounds like it’s Incredi-pass.

I am hoping I get someone who doesn't know any better in person at MK guest relations. :rotfl:

I have read reports of people being denied the ability to renew because they were not eligible for the pass.

I was also told last Spring that when they enter the membership numbers now it will not allow it to process if the membership is not eligible.

My husband who had his blue card with him (that expired in December) and refuses to use Apple wallet or any technology (lol),had a terrible time with their renewals in may. Him and my son went to the parks ahead of us and they wouldn’t let them tap in and had to go to GS to activate They had to have me pull up on my phone the account and verify and screenshot and send. I was at the resort. They were not budging or letting them activate until they had solid proof.

My husband who had his blue card with him (that expired in December) and refuses to use Apple wallet or any technology (lol),had a terrible time with their renewals in may. Him and my son went to the parks ahead of us and they wouldn’t let them tap in and had to go to GS to activate They had to have me pull up on my phone the account and verify and screenshot and send. I was at the resort. They were not budging or letting them activate until they had solid proof.

Jeesh that sounds awful that you both had to deal with that. Well, if I am unable to renew, I'm not upgrading to the Incredipass. Disney is slowly getting less of my $ anyway as I transition to the some what more affordable Universal parks.

Him and my son went to the parks ahead of us and they wouldn’t let them tap in and had to go to GS to activate They had to have me pull up on my phone the account and verify and screenshot and send. I was at the resort. They were not budging or letting them activate until they had solid proof.
This so stupid. Why can't THEIR system tell you what kind of DVC you are from your ID? Who cares about these cards and such. So dumb. They made like 6 categories of resale, and wrote a check their IT can't cash. Hooray Disney IT!

This so stupid. Why can't THEIR system tell you what kind of DVC you are from your ID? Who cares about these cards and such. So dumb. They made like 6 categories of resale, and wrote a check their IT can't cash. Hooray Disney IT!
Stupidest part is that you have to buy them from DVC to begin with. At least as far as I know. I have to call member services to renew my sorcerer pass. So aren’t they already verified?

Stupidest part is that you have to buy them from DVC to begin with. At least as far as I know. I have to call member services to renew my sorcerer pass. So aren’t they already verified?

When you call they do verify that your membership is eligible because they have actual access to the system, then they now transfer you by phone to ticketing who issues the actual ticket.
In person, instead of calling DVC, they ask that you must prove you are still eligible..showing an expired card won’t work..by showing the new digital card of DVC Y. Since your DH didn’t have that, the required an updated screenshot of the temporary card right off the website.

Plus CMs at ticketing don’t have the same access to a membership account to know if you are eligible for the Sorcerer Pass.

The reason those not eligible last year were given them is because the ticketing department simply saw DVC on any card and issued them without understanding that white card holders should not be sold the pass.

So, it makes sense that when renewing my in person that you do need to have your digital card and ID in order ti renew.

When you call they do verify that your membership is eligible because they have actual access to the system, then they now transfer you by phone to ticketing who issues the actual ticket.
In person, instead of calling DVC, they ask that you must prove you are still eligible..showing an expired card won’t work..by showing the new digital card of DVC Y. Since your DH didn’t have that, the required an updated screenshot of the temporary card right off the website.

Plus CMs at ticketing don’t have the same access to a membership account to know if you are eligible for the Sorcerer Pass.

The reason those not eligible last year were given them is because the ticketing department simply saw DVC on any card and issued them without understanding that white card holders should not be sold the pass.

So, it makes sense that when renewing my in person that you do need to have your digital card and ID in order ti renew.
I was not transferred to anyone when renewing. Same person who picked up the phone, took my payment and completed the transaction. 100% positive about that.

I was not transferred to anyone when renewing. Same person who picked up the phone, took my payment and completed the transaction. 100% positive about that.

When did you renew? This process started in late July to August because they no longer issue vouchers but actual tickets.

My DD renewed a pass just last week and the process was what I mentioned above. It’s active already and she doesn’t need to go to GR.

When I got a renewal in May at the parks, I got the voucher which requires me to go to GR next year to actually activate. Which they told me will involve showing my digital card with DVC Y and ID again.

Last edited:
I renewed a few weeks (partially in fear they would even stop selling renewals or up the cost) and was told and confirmed twice with the person that I no longer needed to go to GR to activate. The only reason to go was to get a new physical card. Of course I am doubtful.

I renewed a few weeks (partially in fear they would even stop selling renewals or up the cost) and was told and confirmed twice with the person that I no longer needed to go to GR to activate. The only reason to go was to get a new physical card. Of course I am doubtful.

Look at the dates of what you now have. If they show the actual year the pass will be valid, then you will not need to activate at GR as it is an actual ticket.

That is what my DD got for her BF when she renewed last week. It shows Oct 12th, 2022 to Oct 12, 2023.

As I shared, they used to issue a voucher that had a one year expiration from date of purchase. It is those that need to be activated.

Jeesh that sounds awful that you both had to deal with that. Well, if I am unable to renew, I'm not upgrading to the Incredipass. Disney is slowly getting less of my $ anyway as I transition to the some what more affordable Universal parks.
Just be aware that if you do this, it could be years, if ever, before you are able to get an annual pass again.

I just wish they'd issue a voucher for a new pass. My current pass expires Thanksgiving Week. I NEVER travel during Thanksgiving, it was a one off with a group of 11 people. I'd really like a new pass that I could activate in January. My normal travel times are January or February and Early June. But I guess I'll have to rebew my pass, even with this inconvenient rollover date.

Reactions: cm8
I just wish they'd issue a voucher for a new pass. My current pass expires Thanksgiving Week. I NEVER travel during Thanksgiving, it was a one off with a group of 11 people. I'd really like a new pass that I could activate in January. My normal travel times are January or February and Early June. But I guess I'll have to rebew my pass, even with this inconvenient rollover date.
Same wish from me. We have 3 APs that expire in May but one in August because thats when my youngest aged into needing one.

I know this is an older thread now, but I was successful in getting a Sorcerer DVC pass yesterday. I asked if I could upgrade my 7 day park hopper to the DVC pass. She asked to see my membership, so I went in the Disney World app, went to My Profile, then Memberships. She saw my DVC membership and quoted me a price to upgrade. This was at Guest Relations at International Gateway at Epcot. Your mileage may vary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter