Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
DVC Platinum
I assume the answer is no, but just checking - can non direct DVC owners get the new lower cost Annual Pass?

Yep, folks on FB are celebrating that many white card holders did successfully buy the sorcerer AP over the pass few days, even in person at wdw. so not sure if it’s a blue card benefit. Btw, Im a blue card holder. As always CMs are inconsistent.

Yep, folks on FB are celebrating that many white card holders did successfully buy the sorcerer AP over the pass few days, even in person at wdw. so not sure if it’s a blue card benefit.
When these people go to activate them they may be asked to show their Blue Card. They may get a rude awakening when they need to upgrade them to the Incredi-Pass. We had to show our DVC Blue Card when we activated our last set of DVC AP Exchanges.

When these people go to activate them they may be asked to show their Blue Card. They may get a rude awakening when they need to upgrade them to the Incredi-Pass. We had to show our DVC Blue Card when we activated our last set of DVC AP Exchanges.
I believe that those people purchased them in WDW as activated passes.

Yep, folks on FB are celebrating that many white card holders did successfully buy the sorcerer AP over the pass few days, even in person at wdw. so not sure if it’s a blue card benefit. Btw, Im a blue card holder. As always CMs are inconsistent.
Whatever gets you going in the morning I guess…

Whatever gets you going in the morning I guess…
the $464 unexpected discount def got me and my white card going in the Morning.

got the sorcerers pass after requesting the incredipass. i checked and spoke to a ticketing supervisor to and they said there were no *terms and condition in any of the parks website info regarding AP that states some dvc are not eleigble... just on the DVC website and they are 2 different entities.

we met with some other lowly white card friends later in the day. 2 of which were able to buy through ticketing. the rest got the annual pass at the gate. long story short they seem to be freely selling sourcers pass to any member through ticketing and in person. People are not having as much luck calling the DVC line.

Think its a mess up between parks and DVC where terms and conditions were not added to the parks annual pass info on the WDW website. So people who work and are paid by DVC are sticking to the DVC website rules (blue card) and CM who work for parks in ticketing are following the parks terms and conditions from their website which states all DVC.

i agree it may be a loop hole but not one they seem to closing very quickly. I have met at least 30 white card owners at the dis reunion/ on resort who got sorcerers AP this week including yesterday. i mostly like the discount so far... and the exclusive merch.

got the sorcerers pass after requesting the incredipass. i checked and spoke to a ticketing supervisor to and they said there were no *terms and condition in any of the parks website info regarding AP that states some dvc are not eleigble... just on the DVC website and they are 2 different entities.

we met with some other lowly white card friends later in the day. 2 of which were able to buy through ticketing. the rest got the annual pass at the gate. long story short they seem to be freely selling sourcers pass to any member through ticketing and in person. People are not having as much luck calling the DVC line.

Think its a mess up between parks and DVC where terms and conditions were not added to the parks annual pass info on the WDW website. So people who work and are paid by DVC are sticking to the DVC website rules (blue card) and CM who work for parks in ticketing are following the parks terms and conditions from their website which states all DVC.

i agree it may be a loop hole but not one they seem to closing very quickly. I have met at least 30 white card owners at the dis reunion/ on resort who got sorcerers AP this week including yesterday. i mostly like the discount so far... and the exclusive merch.
There weren't term and conditions on the previous AP page either regarding the Gold pass for DVC members, only on the DVC site.

There weren't term and conditions on the previous AP page either regarding the Gold pass for DVC members, only on the DVC site.

there definitely were as i checked constantly and the wording in general was an * stating it is a membership perk for eligible members only. was waiting for the change and was checking for the new terms to come out for the new pass

I was speaking to the “Blue Card Brigade” that gets offended whenever something like this happens and it becomes their life mission to bellyache about it. Seems some people thrive on it.
I think anyone who owns DVC and pays their dues should be entitled to perks like AP discounts, etc. They are carrying their share of the MF load just like I am.

I'm happy for the white card members who were able to buy DVC APs - I don't like that artificial division, although I understand why DVD did it (to encourage direct sales over resale). That said, I wonder who in the DVD hierarchy is going to be blamed for not telling the Parks ticketing division about the restriction and not putting it on the website!

I'm happy for the white card members who were able to buy DVC APs - I don't like that artificial division, although I understand why DVD did it (to encourage direct sales over resale). That said, I wonder who in the DVD hierarchy is going to be blamed for not telling the Parks ticketing division about the restriction and not putting it on the website!
This makes me wonder if there is some kind of turf war going on between different corporate divisions!

I was speaking to the “Blue Card Brigade” that gets offended whenever something like this happens and it becomes their life mission to bellyache about it. Seems some people thrive on it.
I think anyone who owns DVC and pays their dues should be entitled to perks like AP discounts, etc. They are carrying their share of the MF load just like I am.

sorry i misunderstood. My bad

I called ticketing and was able to upgrade park hoppers to AP as a white card member. I believe at this time ticketing is just checking to confirm you are a member regardless of the color card you have. Currently with no blue card discounts on the Incredipass and any DVC member allowed the Sorcerer pass I assume there is a disconnect or miscommunication between divisions.

What will happen when we show up to activate? I will find out in January I suppose, I would hope the AP is honored as the PDF from the WDW website comparing the different annual pass tiers has a lot of asterisks at the bottom but none of them state that blue card or qualifying memberships are necessary.

I was able to get all the way to payment on a Sorcerer's Pass with my white-card login. I didn't go through with it because I want to apply an existing Hopper to the price, but it seems like a good sign.

I'm a DVC white card holder. Assuming that you are able to purchase with a white card, what is the rule about purchasing for your spouse and children? I assume I can buy for my children, but can I also buy for my wife who is not on the deed? Thanks in advance!

I was able to get all the way to payment on a Sorcerer's Pass with my white-card login. I didn't go through with it because I want to apply an existing Hopper to the price, but it seems like a good sign.
Where do you go on the dvc login site to purchase an annual pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter