Something About Nothing.......#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay peeps, I have a "what would you do" for you. We're planning to go to WDW in Oct., when Kenny has a long weekend off from school. If he & his gf are still together, we'll probably take her. She's lived in FL for 12 yrs. or so & has only been to the MK once & never been to the other parks. How sad is that? :p

We'll purchase FL Res. Seasonal Passes either way. We plan to only get one room & put Kenny on a cot, if she goes. One room means we can keep a better eye on them. ;) So here's the options we've come up with. Feel free to offer alternatives to consider.

1- Stay at the Dolphin, & purchase a DDE card.
2- Try to purchase points from a DVC member & purchase DDP.
3- Book through WDW & purchase the DDP.

The problem I have with option 3 is we'd like to stay in an Epcot resort, so Kenneth & I can spend more time at the F&W festival, & they can walk to both Epcot & MGM to ride more rides. I'd rather not spend $350 + a night, especially now that the BW is only rated 3 diamonds on AAA. The YC/BC are still rated 4 diamond, but it's still a lot of money, especially when we won't be using Stormalong Bay.

Those of you who've known me for awhile, know that dining is priority #1 for our vacations.
15.gif
I need to sit down & try to figure out whether we'd do better with the DDP or DDE, but I'm just not motivated to do that at the moment. :o

Your input will be very much appreciated. We need to book soon, so I can make our ADRs. :rolleyes1

you really should stay up north further and see me during the columbus day weekend when i am at universal.........

since you won't be doing that, stay off site or dtd. way cheaper
by boat, it is not far to epcot for f & w event

it's either the swan or dolphin that honors the teacher certificate.
my email showed a rate of $99/+tax night. it's not disney affliated but it's close to epcot and mgm.

i really think #2 would be best. rent from a dvc-er for the trip.
you might do better that way. some i know have loved doing that.

do you know when you are going?
any chance of a meet up?

95% of the time on this thread you're speaking with Bonny ...

i know.
lee doesn't talk much....

Evening youse yins......LOVE THE NEW PLACE !!

A had a quick look round and no-one seens to have bagged the wee room at the top....can I have it !!??

Burj-Al-Arab_06.jpg

Not sure about the mirror on the ceiling tho.....;) :rolleyes1

hey youse, that mirror on the ceiling adds character to the joint.......
and, there will be a hidden camera in your room.......can anyone say youtube? jk :laughing:

A good day here and congrats on 10,000 Todd :woohoo: :woohoo:

thanks for pointing that out St. L
and while i am here, are you satisfied with the car repairs?

congrats Todd.

we have made you an official talker like the rest of us........woo hoo

Okay peeps, I have a "what would you do" for you. We're planning to go to WDW in Oct., when Kenny has a long weekend off from school.

Your input will be very much appreciated. We need to book soon, so I can make our ADRs. :rolleyes1

I can't help you decide. Food is our lowest priority. We usually grab counter service stuff at off peak times and call it good. I just wanted to mention that we will be there in October too, so if your plans put you there the same time we'll be there we should find a way to meet.

Hey mac, i better remember to smile....make sure to get my good side !!;) :laughing:

Okay, I know I commented on scotlass' room, but the post isn't here. :confused3 I hope it's not out there on some random thread on the Restaurant or Resort Board. :rotfl:

A good day here and congrats on 10,000 Todd :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even notice that!

Hey Todd,
17.gif
23.gif

J/K Congrats on 10,000
2.gif

you really should stay up north further and see me during the columbus day weekend when i am at universal.........

since you won't be doing that, stay off site or dtd. way cheaper
by boat, it is not far to epcot for f & w event

it's either the swan or dolphin that honors the teacher certificate.
my email showed a rate of $99/+tax night. it's not disney affliated but it's close to epcot and mgm.

i really think #2 would be best. rent from a dvc-er for the trip.
you might do better that way. some i know have loved doing that.

do you know when you are going?
any chance of a meet up?

i know.
lee doesn't talk much....

hey youse, that mirror on the ceiling adds character to the joint.......
and, there will be a hidden camera in your room.......can anyone say youtube? jk :laughing:

Thanks for the suggestion. We are leaning toward options 1 or 2. I do like the idea of renting DVC points. I'm kind of concerned that I won't be able to get BWV or BCV this late though. (I'd really like to stay at an Epcot resort.) I guess the best thing to do would be to go to that board & ask. ;) I'm such a procrastinator. :sad2:

The dates we're looking at are 10/16 - 10/20. Kenny has to go to school on the 16th, but we could pick him up after school & still get there by 3 or 3:30 pm at the latest. (He gets out of school at 2pm.) What is your dates? I don't even know when Columbus Day is this year. :blush: I can't get my nerve up for HHN. (MNSSHP is definitely more my speed.) I'd love to meet you somewhere over there though. If nothing else, maybe Kenneth & I can drive over on his day off to meet up with you.

I can't help you decide. Food is our lowest priority. We usually grab counter service stuff at off peak times and call it good. I just wanted to mention that we will be there in October too, so if your plans put you there the same time we'll be there we should find a way to meet.

I can't see your ticker. :confused3 We're looking at 10/16-10/20. When are you guys going to be there?

evening all! busy day at work today (only one there from 1pm til close at 5). back home after wally-world and blockblister (finally gonna make myself watch Sweeney Todd so I can lose respect for Tim Burton ruining my favorite musical).

Hey mac, i better remember to smile....make sure to get my good side !!;) :laughing:

Woohoo, we have a wild one.
10.gif

PS: I already posted this quoting your post of the room. It doesn't seem to be here now. :confused3 Just so you know, there's probably a post somewhere on the DIS with your room, inc. the mirror on the ceiling, & me calling you a wild one. :rotfl:

PSS: If the PS needs translation, let me know. I'm not sure I understand it myself. :laughing:

Thanks Mac!

Thanks Lawrence...how's the car?

thanks for pointing that out St. L
and while i am here, are you satisfied with the car repairs?

congrats Todd.

we have made you an official talker like the rest of us........woo hoo

Other than driving it home its running ok but the voltage light still comes on and so I figure tomorrow I will let it run for awhile just to see if it quits running and it better run right I just gave them $270.00 to fix it :headache:

andy, i had your back also.

todd was a lot more pleasant than i was on that thread.

i'm thinking really bad thoughts for that person now.
he is a meanie.

he is a meanie.

i don't think he's a meanie. that, sadly, is just the state of the youth nowadays. i assume he's a youth by the statement, for all I know he could 46! heck, even gay ppl ive interacted with have said it. i say interacted cause I only have like 2 real friends that i talk to, both gay, both have never said it. it doesn't bother me that much, but I appreciate you and todd standing up for those on here that would be bothered by it. :hug:

This may sound silly but...state inspections are one of the things I miss about Virginia. We don't have any vehicle inspections down here but did back home. I wish they would start them up here again cause if there's something wrong with the car, I want to know about it...you know?

I totally agree with you Todd. I see many more cars broken down on the side of the highway in FL than I do in New England.

Like with my truck today, they found a leak in the radiator hose, I would much rather fix it now, than later when it blows and I am stranded somewhere.

evening all! busy day at work today (only one there from 1pm til close at 5). back home after wally-world and blockblister (finally gonna make myself watch Sweeney Todd so I can lose respect for Tim Burton ruining my favorite musical).

Only 1 person on a Saturday. I thought Sat. would be fairly busy. :confused:

Other than driving it home its running ok but the voltage light still comes on and so I figure tomorrow I will let it run for awhile just to see if it quits running and it better run right I just gave them $270.00 to fix it :headache:

I guess we know where you won't be buying your next car. Those people are ripping you off. :sad2:

he is a meanie.

What thread? I must have missed something. :confused3 Sorry, if they're giving you a hard time Rob. :guilty: Stay here! We won't let anyone pick on ya. :grouphug:

I totally agree with you Todd. I see many more cars broken down on the side of the highway in FL than I do in New England.

Like with my truck today, they found a leak in the radiator hose, I would much rather fix it now, than later when it blows and I am stranded somewhere.

In NC, it was mostly a money racket. They didn't check your car thoroughly enough to actually find anything wrong. The emissions test they used to do here & in VA were even worse.

Only 1 person on a Saturday. I thought Sat. would be fairly busy. :confused:

I guess we know where you won't be buying your next car. Those people are ripping you off. :sad2:

What thread? I must have missed something. :confused3 Sorry, if they're giving you a hard time Rob. :guilty: Stay here! We won't let anyone pick on ya. :grouphug:

In NC, it was mostly a money racket. They didn't check your car thoroughly enough to actually find anything wrong. The emissions test they used to do here & in VA were even worse.

You got that right and the sad thing about it is they have 2 lots the one close to me and the other one close to where my DW's work where they took it to fix it and the manager of the lot told me never to buy from the lot where I live :confused3

Hey Todd,
17.gif
23.gif

J/K Congrats on 10,000
2.gif
Thanks! I DO yak a lot huh?

Nothing wrong with that. When my parents came down last year, their "check engine light" was on the whole time. :eek:

From what I understand, they used to have state inspections here but decided not to continue it. Doesn't make sense to me. I see cars everyday that are dangerous to others and yet nothing is done about it. :sad2:

Thanks! I DO yak a lot huh?

Nothing wrong with that. When my parents came down last year, their "check engine light" was on the whole time. :eek:

From what I understand, they used to have state inspections here but decided not to continue it. Doesn't make sense to me. I see cars everyday that are dangerous to others and yet nothing is done about it. :sad2:

Yeah Todd I was driving with the check engine light on too and when they put on a new altenator that light is now off and the voltage light is going crazy so I am hoping it is a dash sensor going out or gone out and don't mind it as long as the car runs :rotfl: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter