Something About Nothing............ #14

wishing for a day when they didn't need me so much....it has arrived :guilty: They are great kids - even dd who gave us a run for our money from the ages of 16-22. We couldn't be prouder of the amazing people they are.
Aw, that was sweet. Don’t worry, they’ll always need you…even if they don’t saw it out loud:hug:

You mean you don’t live in an area that had folks sitting in the trees waiting to pounce on roadkill………lol…….I’m picturing Elmer Fudd out of Bugs Bunny now!!
25C6B9C4-011E-4ABF-8217-15145E29899E.jpeg

Quiet day at work today. Scoping out some things to do in Vegas and get an idea of how to get to the other end of the strip and work our way back to our hotel.

We went to the bank to get some American Currency - :scared1: That was more than we wanted to pay. If anyone wants to visit Canada....now is the time :rolleyes1 Just come in summer.

We have our headphones rented so we can hear all the drivers and crew chiefs - we really enjoyed that part last year.

We also have our shuttle booked from just outside our hotel to the raceway booked. We thought about trying to take a taxi or uber....but getting back to the strip from the speedway could be a nightmare when 80,000 other are also trying to get back. We figured this would probably be easier. I guess we will see.

Almost time to head to the bank

I hear you on the US dollar. We used to get $2 to £1, then thought it sucked to have only $1.60 to the pound. Not sure what it is now but it`s around $1.20 to the pound. It is what it is though.....There are some folks in the UK that go crazy if it drops a penny or a cent......not worth bothering about as there`s nothing we can do about it.

Yes, it`s getting home from these events when everyone is heading out at the same time. Sounds like a fun trip though.

Aw, that was sweet. Don’t worry, they’ll always need you…even if they don’t saw it out loud:hug:

View attachment 741806

lol.....I almost posted a similar meme, but it had this ugly little critter laying in the road, but it had the scariest teeth....so I didn`t, thought Elmer Fudd was funnier!! But, so funny.......

It’s now 11:20 and temps finally dropped to 73
And our lawn service starts tomorrow.

No not looking forward to a hot summer.

Oh it`s that time again!! Can we swap summers please.......lol.....nah, you`d miss that winning heat if it went away!!!

Our gardener says it`ll be another few weeks before our lawns need doing, they are untidy right now, but the ground is still so damp, the grass will just churn. It`s usually March it starts getting mowed I think.

Woke up to heavy rain this morning for the first time in the ages, it`s been a dry February unusually, just damp. I`d much prefer a crisp cold, but nah.....we live in a damp country.

Shopping and dropping a birthday gift off for one of my friends this morning, she`s the baby of the group, she turns 50 tomorrow and they`re off to Italy on Saturday to celebrate. Then this afternoon we`re busy.

But, rain should clear by the time I head out this morning, I hope. Tom is staying in as we have a wine delivery coming before 11am, so I`ll pop out and get back for an early lunch.

And fish and chips from the chippie tonight......

But, pot of tea is brewing right now, will have a slice of toast too as I`m starving....again!!

i-tStjDz2-S.jpg

cv95-S.jpg

cv27-S.jpg

Happy Thursday :flower1:

Last edited:
Yes, rain on a Thirsty Thursday is so fitting. I too had a rainy start, driving on wet roads and still raining. Was not a heavy rain, so did not take a jacket. Was 43 degrees out, so thankful icing not an issue. But the rain will pass as the sun rises, and early weather news said a full day of sunshine ☀️. So, based on that, took my shades. Will be rocking those sunglasses in 63 degree weather on my lunchtime walk.

Ugh, that commute where there is a traffic light on every block in my 7 to 8 mile commute. And wouldn’t you know, I caught almost all red lights? Hey, at least I had my heated seat making it feel just right. But another ugh, as late afternoon commute will take twice as long, particularly when local schools are in session. Summer afternoon commutes are about 5 minutes faster. I swear the afternoon rush hour starts around 2:30, when the school zones start, and the high school kids are out on the road, with younger kids’ siblings, parents or caregivers on the road to pick up the kids.

And so, we are in the last week of February. And news said was confirmed, that tornado was a level 2. Maybe odd for us to have tornadoes this month, but was said NJ had in its weather history, 3 other tornadoes in a February. So any time of year, we can risk a lower level tornado. Was said in a town in Oklahoma, had the highest recorded wind, 318 mph wind blowing during the tornado. 1999 was the year of that devastating storm.

And so, the two days of all day sun should start today.

Have a most Terrific Thirsty Thursday. Drink up with choice of drink. Good to stay hydrated. Body needs it. And Mother Nature needs its wet weather hydrating too. That water table in the ground is important to those that tap it.

Good morning all. ⛅

It's a cold chilly morning today :wave2: Close to those - 40 temps again. The forecast is calling for warming up all day into tomorrow. I had to pull that big gun coat out again this morning.

I am glad the weekend is on the horizon - although I am working all weekend :laughing: Just a different view for work. For the most part, it's not hard.

Another quiet day here today...with not much to do. I'll try to draw out the paper shuffle.

A resident must call within 24 hours of taking possession of the deer. A passing Pennsylvania motorist also may claim the deer, if the person whose vehicle hit it doesn’t want it.”

Love the last sentence as to divvying up the carcass. Guess it’s pretty clear I’m not a fan of deer meat lol
:rotfl: I don't know how much meat would actually good after it got hit lol. I don't think I would be tempted to claim that. Here, we are not allowed to use them. Highway maintenance comes to pick up carcasses, but scavenger critters will try to clean up what they can before that.
It’s now 11:20 and temps finally dropped to 73
And our lawn service starts tomorrow.
I would give anything to see and feel grass right now. I am really really REALLY missing seeing green and clear sunny skies. Enjoy those temps!!!!!
And fish and chips from the chippie tonight......
yum!!!!
Ugh, that commute where there is a traffic light on every block in my 7 to 8 mile commute. And wouldn’t you know, I caught almost all red lights? Hey, at least I had my heated seat making it feel just right. But another ugh, as late afternoon commute will take twice as long, particularly when local schools are in session.
I sure could have used some seat warmers today. My seats were rock hard today :sad1: I hope the commute home will be quick!

Well, I should track down more papers to shuffle

Have a great day everyone!

It's a cold chilly morning today :wave2: Close to those - 40 temps again. The forecast is calling for warming up all day into tomorrow. I had to pull that big gun coat out again this morning.

I am glad the weekend is on the horizon - although I am working all weekend :laughing: Just a different view for work. For the most part, it's not hard.

Another quiet day here today...with not much to do. I'll try to draw out the paper shuffle.

:rotfl: I don't know how much meat would actually good after it got hit lol. I don't think I would be tempted to claim that. Here, we are not allowed to use them. Highway maintenance comes to pick up carcasses, but scavenger critters will try to clean up what they can before that.

I would give anything to see and feel grass right now. I am really really REALLY missing seeing green and clear sunny skies. Enjoy those temps!!!!!

yum!!!!

I sure could have used some seat warmers today. My seats were rock hard today :sad1: I hope the commute home will be quick!

Well, I should track down more papers to shuffle

Have a great day everyone!

I love big gun coats in winter, boots too!!!

If you enjoy your job, it doesn`t feel like work at all......

Oh can you imagine road kill after scavengers had got to it....bleurgh......god knows what kinds of diseases these animals have. We used to own a holiday place right up the very top of Scotland and we had beautiful wild deer roaming everywhere, but even up there in the middle of nowhere road kill food is not on the menu....ever!!! Everything gets cleared and destroyed as it should be.

I used our electric seat heaters in the car today too, but only for a few minutes as these ones heat up spectacularly fast, and hot too!! I imagine in your temps they would be more than welcome.

We are like stuffed sloths right now.......fish and chips were huge portions, and of course it`s so hard to stop eating them! Tom got cod, I got haddock which was like a whale, we had half of each other`s fish and the chips were like a mountain, but they were so lovely.

Meeting was good today, we spend more time chatting about our lives and sharing funny stories than anything else, usually why we`re in for 3 hours or more.

So, tonight is a lazy one......absolutely no plans to do anything except slothing on the sofa`s.

Might not eat for a week :rotfl:

temps finally dropped to 73
We are so close to hitting it today. Sitting out on deck tapping away on ipad, end of February…no coat, imagine that?
:banana:
ran to store as out of moo juice, picked up some vac pac tilapia. Not sure how I’ll make it tomorrow. Was considering a dip in corn meal & air fried but thinking not the right sort of texture??? May just blacken it on stove stop. Today left over rotisserie chicken needs to morph into something. Off to internet I go for ideas.

DH & I got glowing reports from dr for our bi-annual visit. The mr finally got some RX cough med, dear Lord, the hoops doctors have to go thru her to prescribe/run past the state. I get the reason, just a lot of paperwork involved.

Yard is raked up. Pretty sure we had a million and one pine cones that are now going to germinate in the nearby woods:rolleyes1. Crocus are up, some concerns seeing the strawberry foliage popping thru the hay. hope it doesn’t mess up the growing cycle.

Almost tempted to crack open a beer

Howdy Y’all & Youse…Long time!

Lynne, So sorry about your cousin. 😔 Condolences to all of their friends and family.

Been crazy hectic around here…same songs, next verses. Mom & Mom-n-Law, Grandkids, Business stuff and-of course-trips! Coming off of back-2-back 4 day weekends…Orlando for Mardi Gras & Disney’s FARTS. Got to hear The Goo Goo Dolls at USO! Color me impressed! My oldest daughter sez she felt like she was back in junior high, 😳🥺🤪😻 and then this past weekend to Dallas with Gage for his convention stuff. Next “official” Orlando trip ain’t booked until MID OCTOBER!!!

Oh…We just made PIZZA FRIES for GAGE! (IYKYK) 🤗 #halloweenhorrornights

I went to the fabric store over lunch. I was wanting a some green fabric for the quilt...for the boarder and maybe the edging as well. I am trying to tie in the yellow as gd's favorite color is now yellow ;) I found one the worked...not what I would have picked as it doesn't have much pattern on it...but it matches quite well.

Hoping to do some sewing tonight and get a little more done tonight...then I can pick up again over the weekend. I would have liked to get to the gym tonight (or all week for that matter) but with this cold weather...I have zero desire to be out and about tonight.

I almost forgot I have a haircut tonight :goodvibes I am looking forward to that one. I put off my spring/summer balayage color until maybe April I thought about getting it for our Vegas trip...but I like it more fresh for spring/summer.

Well...of to spend the afternoon shredding papers!

Edited to add...one I get more done on the quilt blocks...I'll post more pictures. I'm kind of proud of this one. I got many compliments on it at the fabric store.

We are so close to hitting it today. Sitting out on deck tapping away on ipad, end of February…no coat, imagine that?
:banana:
ran to store as out of moo juice, picked up some vac pac tilapia. Not sure how I’ll make it tomorrow. Was considering a dip in corn meal & air fried but thinking not the right sort of texture??? May just blacken it on stove stop. Today left over rotisserie chicken needs to morph into something. Off to internet I go for ideas.

DH & I got glowing reports from dr for our bi-annual visit. The mr finally got some RX cough med, dear Lord, the hoops doctors have to go thru her to prescribe/run past the state. I get the reason, just a lot of paperwork involved.

Yard is raked up. Pretty sure we had a million and one pine cones that are now going to germinate in the nearby woods:rolleyes1. Crocus are up, some concerns seeing the strawberry foliage popping thru the hay. hope it doesn’t mess up the growing cycle.

Almost tempted to crack open a beer

I`m jealous!! It`s freezing here........although our day did brighten up from all the rain this morning and the sun shone all day so went out with a light jacket on, nice.

Hope the med works for your mister, it`s been a long cough for him....you too sleeping beside him!!

Ah, have that beer Janet......it`s Thirsty Thursday.....

Howdy Y’all & Youse…Long time!

Lynne, So sorry about your cousin. 😔 Condolences to all of their friends and family.

Been crazy hectic around here…same songs, next verses. Mom & Mom-n-Law, Grandkids, Business stuff and-of course-trips! Coming off of back-2-back 4 day weekends…Orlando for Mardi Gras & Disney’s FARTS. Got to hear The Goo Goo Dolls at USO! Color me impressed! My oldest daughter sez she felt like she was back in junior high, 😳🥺🤪😻 and then this past weekend to Dallas with Gage for his convention stuff. Next “official” Orlando trip ain’t booked until MID OCTOBER!!!

Oh…We just made PIZZA FRIES for GAGE! (IYKYK) 🤗 #halloweenhorrornights

Well, hello Mr buckeev......always good to see you!! And sounds as though you have been busy with everything but still managed some lovely trips.

Yep....IYK!!!!

Keep well.......

I went to the fabric store over lunch. I was wanting a some green fabric for the quilt...for the boarder and maybe the edging as well. I am trying to tie in the yellow as gd's favorite color is now yellow ;) I found one the worked...not what I would have picked as it doesn't have much pattern on it...but it matches quite well.

Hoping to do some sewing tonight and get a little more done tonight...then I can pick up again over the weekend. I would have liked to get to the gym tonight (or all week for that matter) but with this cold weather...I have zero desire to be out and about tonight.

I almost forgot I have a haircut tonight :goodvibes I am looking forward to that one. I put off my spring/summer balayage color until maybe April I thought about getting it for our Vegas trip...but I like it more fresh for spring/summer.

Well...of to spend the afternoon shredding papers!

Edited to add...one I get more done on the quilt blocks...I'll post more pictures. I'm kind of proud of this one. I got many compliments on it at the fabric store.

You should be proud of the quilt, it is beautiful and the colours are indeed lovely.

And enjoy your salon time tonight......I told my stylist last week I`m not getting highights till just before we go away, so she might do what they call a book to tide me over, just the roots, but she thinks I`ll be ok till then. But, salon time is always nice.

We`re still slothing away.......I think both of us snoozed for a time which was nice, but not long enough to disturb our sleep tonight.

Still full.

Homies
I have a huge bird in my oven and of course all the sides that goes with it
Mashed potatoes and 3 different vegetables

Come on over to eat as dinner soon will be served

If you don’t feel like a “winner winner chicken” dinner, I can make you french toast with bacon or sausage.

I put off my spring/summer balayage color until maybe April I thought about getting it for our Vegas trip...but I like it more fresh for spring/summer.
How long does your bayalyge usually last? I suggested to my then stylist a few years ago maybe I’d try one. It was after long Covid hair color break and roots were almost down to my ears.

She said I’d not be happy with it:confused3 I thot easy maintenance vs every 2 or 3 months minimum for highlights
8327A365-5D29-4291-A5A7-BFFCAC7CC695.jpeg

I went with loaded tater tots to use up chicken. Some pepperoni, green onion and Asiago & cheddar cheese & a ranch drizzle. Why is it the easy stuff that’s an unexpected hit?

Homies
I have a huge bird in my oven and of course all the sides that goes with it
Mashed potatoes and 3 different vegetables

If you don’t feel like a “winner winner chicken” dinner, I can make you french toast with bacon or sausage.

Darn I missed it........love a nice roast chicken dinner!!! Bet your table was filled last night!

How long does your bayalyge usually last? I suggested to my then stylist a few years ago maybe I’d try one. It was after long Covid hair color break and roots were almost down to my ears.

She said I’d not be happy with it:confused3 I thot easy maintenance vs every 2 or 3 months minimum for highlights

View attachment 741966

I went with loaded tater tots to use up chicken. Some pepperoni, green onion and Asiago & cheddar cheese & a ranch drizzle. Why is it the easy stuff that’s an unexpected hit?

Sounds gorgeous.....yep, plates would have been licked for sure.

We did go to bed early last night and loving this new bed!! Every time we go into our bedroom we feel as if we`ve moved as everything is completely different, in a good way.

Don`t think we`ll be going out today, don`t need anything and weather doesn`t look great, some rain and somewhat breezy to say the least. It`s weird right now, heavy rain but the sun is shining!

Turkey open sandwiches for lunch, pork and leek butcher sausages for dinner with creamy mash and something veggie to go with it.......and for a change, poached eggs on grilled portobello mushrooms with a tomato for breakfast.

So, some housework, phone calls and might watch an old black and white movie this afternoon since it`s not going to be the nicest of days. And try and get through this new book, not very inspiring so far.

i-XCtQBwd-Th.jpg

cv1-S.jpg

cv4-S.jpg

Happy Friday 🍸

just so nice when I get that lazy Friday.

That gorgeous sunny day is today, and so clear skies, you can see 20 miles, as probably in that 20 miles, you saw that hat that flew off your head in the windy conditions we have. Steady 15 mph winds most of the morning. Yeah, wind chill is in the low 30’s this morning. Was 27 degrees when I woke up. At least the temp is rising quick, to 55 this afternoon. Yay for another sunny day, and one well above freezing, 41 degrees already

So not much in my agenda. I think we have all. Darn I missed Mac’s chicken dinner. Delicious sounding Mac. We ended up with that little one’s favorite meal, pasta. At least we had meatballs in red sauce with some fresh grated cheese.

Breakfast was pancakes, as some leftover for the kids if they want some. Older one works today, so he will be out the door first. DH is relaxing this morning, and will be out the door mid afternoon. Will little one and I be out sometime today? Probably. We don’t need much. But will certainly get out, with my sunglasses 😎. Rocking them. No hat. Don’t need to chase it. LoL But probably pants. Though I’m sure you will most likely see both kids in shorts.

The most Fabulous last Friday in February. Woot! Weekend is coming. Yay!

1619E5CA-21CB-40E4-B1E6-9C3E938A749A.jpeg
I just may be reading too many mysteries

9C88E55C-F722-4228-8F49-14666CE8BC76.jpeg
So tempted to pull out my sharpest knife and have this waiting in the fridge for the mr

i’m feeling a tiny bit mischievous today. look out world:stitch2:

after the months of hacking, was so unexpectedly quiet in the BR after him taking the cough med, wound up poking him once to make sure he was still breathing. Oddly, it came with a syringe for exact dosing. Have never seen that with adult meds

trying to decide if i want to do a 3-1/2 - 4 hour trip to WV for GD competition This weekend.

Lynne - sounds like you have today off/working from home? Enjoy. a solid 40 degree drop here today. funny how that sort of not too out of the ordinary seasonal temp feels worse after just one beautiful day

carole - Tyra never looked better, that was a good one. my kids enjoy dinner out with us & they aren’t especially picky where, when it’s on our dime lol
guess they licked their plates tonight!
Not the mr who would starve before eating a tater tot, let alone loaded ones. pointed to a leftover chicken breast (he loves cold chicken:confused3) and made some mashed taters for him. usually don’t mind making dinner, then an alternate For the picky ones among us. Thinking will take a short cut today and just make everything blackened in the grill pan, will do his shrimp first, then the tilapia. :scratchin

View attachment 742037
I just may be reading too many mysteries

View attachment 742038
So tempted to pull out my sharpest knife and have this waiting in the fridge for the mr

i’m feeling a tiny bit mischievous today. look out world:stitch2:

after the months of hacking, was so unexpectedly quiet in the BR after him taking the cough med, wound up poking him once to make sure he was still breathing. Oddly, it came with a syringe for exact dosing. Have never seen that with adult meds

trying to decide if i want to do a 3-1/2 - 4 hour trip to WV for GD competition This weekend.

Lynne - sounds like you have today off/working from home? Enjoy. a solid 40 degree drop here today. funny how that sort of not too out of the ordinary seasonal temp feels worse after just one beautiful day

carole - Tyra never looked better, that was a good one. my kids enjoy dinner out with us & they aren’t especially picky where, when it’s on our dime lol

Not the mr who would starve before eating a tater tot, let alone loaded ones. pointed to a leftover chicken breast (he loves cold chicken:confused3) and made some mashed taters for him. usually don’t mind making dinner, then an alternate For the picky ones among us. Thinking will take a short cut today and just make everything blackened in the grill pan, will do his shrimp first, then the tilapia. :scratchin

lol.....love that cat meme!!

Oh I do like a mischievous person on a roll.......it`s nice to have a little naughty fun!!!

Glad your mister is doing better, that constant coughing is exhausting and really takes it out of you.....but silence will be golden now!

We`re going to one of our favourite pub/restaurants, yes the "kids" all love to come along to either place as they all offer good steaks, chicken, seafood, pies....the lot, typical home cooked pub food. Kyle likes this place as they offer a 10oz filet, the other pub we like took the filet off the menu as it was too expensive, Kyle and one of the other`s Sara weren`t happy as that`s the steak they like. But, always a lovely night.

Cold chicken fan here too.....you can make so many dishes with it too. I`m into a Coronation Chicken phase right now......spicier than most folks make it as it`s supposed to be mild....I like spicy!!

That will be a journey and a half......bet you`d see some sights on the way though.......😜 But, hope she does really well in her event this weekend!!!

Lunch was nice, and did a nice load of jobs this morning, got the windows all open while we were cleaning, yes, my husband does his fair share too......but windows closed now and heating is on, about to put a movie on as it`s cold, wet and miserable out there. Although weirdly the sun has just appeared behind those dark clouds, it won`t last long.

I`ve made a little tray of snacks for us and fizzy lemonade with a dash of blackcurrant.

Lovely way to spend a Friday afternoon....

At least a good tasting First Watch breakfast (my second, lol), with little one. DH gets the leftovers for his lunch, plus my leftover coffee. Nice. Hehe, little one says like California type food is First Watch.

Yep,Keisha, I work extra hours to be lazy every other Friday. Always a bonus when it pairs with a holiday Monday. Or like this week, a much shorter, three day week day routine days this week. Due to tax reasons (yeah looking at you, greedy City), I commute once a week. As two days in City is enough to tax every day, regardless of where the eight of the other week day routine days of the pay period are teleworking. And I do not live in the City, but where the pay tax is less than half that what the City charges. Sigh. But I have fully embraced that teleworking schedule, as it saves on my auto insurance, less gas to buy, and wear and tear in the car with much less City driving. And being able to save time and go from home when I need to be somewhere after turning off the screen, and get up a few minutes later.

That wind. Woot! Bad hair day. Cool feeling wind too. But yay, dry weekend coming up. No rain saying until Monday. His fitting is that?

Hello everyone. I am finally getting a bit of downtime for the week. This sub term ends 2 weeks from today Yay! The only thing I have left to do is write a paper for my coding class. I will need 90/100 on the paper to make an A in the class.

Today's excitement is gathering up all the information I need to prepare our income taxes. I'll take all of that over to the accountant later today or on Monday.

Tonight I'm going to relax and have some fun. We are having a trivia night at my church and I have joined a team. I don't know how much help I will be, but it should be a nice night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter