Something About Nothing............ #14

Yeah, Keisha , I’m lucky, my water isn’t hard nor too soft. We get it from a neighbor township via billed by city water company. It is hard to find a shampoo that is not too damaging to my blonde hair. I do a conditioner and a leave in conditioner most of the year. Yeah, I’d think I’d give a pass for a construction filled 5 or more hour drive. I’m sure you love seeing her compete, but yeah, too long a drive in my book too. I have been know for a two and three hour drive to a soccer game over the years though. The counties are large in our state. And kids completed in a neighbor county, and in Delaware too. Many miles on my car when kids were in sports.

Hehe, with DH out the door early, I took that oh so hot and long timed shower. Sometimes that just feels so good. That and the teapot water just for me this morning. Yay! DH said he’d get coffee over his mom’s.

Going to visit my sister later today. Little one wants to visit her too, so I did hear her awake. Will see when we actually get out the door. Um, I’m thinking close to an hour or more for her to get moving. I hope the roads are not busy by then. Was hoping to stop in a few places, probably on the way back.

Ah a most Serene Sunday to all. A day to truly relax. Or for older one, to have a more quiet work day.

View attachment 742396
Decided to not do the gymnastics road trip, turns out highway construction in West Virginia would stretch out the drive to almost 5 hours RT. ’nuff said there.

Need to pick up a WM order for paper products. Dinner is a real mystery, may bask in the glow of McD’s Golden Arches. Not quite sure what that says about you to 1. Belong to their reward program & 2. Earn enough points for free food. It’s their fries that had me at hello:blush:

the sun is notorious for fading blonde hair color. factor in sulfate products lurking in lots of hair stuff and chlorine in the water…it’s a real jungle out there for blondes.

i have to laugh when travelers to Orlando complain about the ‘hard water’ there. our tiny town of 1 square mile gets their’s from under ground river/aquifer vs treating river water. It’s nearly double Orlando’s…condition, condition and condition those tresses some more

next to us, several communities do use the river water. one of the chemicals they use to bring it up to EPA safety levels renders light colored clothing orange when using regular Tide laundry detergent. 🕵️‍♀️ where’s Bill Nye, The Science Guy when you need him?

Literally, this is “the place” for something about nothing Lol

Hemmingway’s work has been critiqued for years by feminists. I had to laugh when I read awhile back a University tagged The Old Man and the Sea for being potentially “too graphic as to fishing” and made it optional reading. as you well know, sometimes a book about 🎣:fish:is not about a:fish:

lol......February is an odd month!

Don`t blame you for not travelling, that is a long way to go, hope your GD does well though.

Must be 30 years since I`ve had a McD meal......I have had a BK burger since then which I think I preferred, but too long ago to remember.

Oh save us from the "experts" on everything when half of them haven`t been alive long enough to poop!!! I`ve never read that book, but yes, these folks who think they can tell us all what we can and can`t read annoy me. Although I`m thinking about goldfish now!! lol

Actually have only read one Hemmingway book to my recollection, I just didn`t get into a groove with him.

Yes, SAN thread is very appropriate to ramble!

Well, the sun did eventually come out, but it`s freezing. So we went out and came home quickly and passed the day away pottering about.

Making mash to go with our steak in ale casserole, pop on some carrots and baby corn, dinner is done.

Sitting watching a Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes film now.....love em!!

Good evening. I spent a good portion of today trying to work ahead. I just finished my assignments for week 6. Next I will jump to week 8 since it is the last week with a coding assignment. For week 7 I have a paper to write.

Dh has been entertaining me with student stories. I swear he should write a book. He has a student who is taking his class for the second time. I think she dropped it the first time. She got behind on her assignments very early in the semester. She was given a warning and got caught up. The new problem is that she hasn't turned in anymore assignments after that. It has been 21 days, so the school automatically assigned her a grade of failure for non participation. She's appealing the grade. Now get this, she told dh that she has all of her assignments saved on her computer. On her appeal she said that he told her that she didn't have to submit them. (He did NOT tell her that.) Now in what reality can you get credit for assignments that you complete but don't submit for grading???? I wonder how some of these kids even got into college.

I was working on a coding assignment tonight. The patient registration form says she was admitted on 1/15/15 at 7:07 and was discharged on 12/15/14 at 11:48. So now we are dealing with time travelers?? I have no code for that. 😄

I was looking at prices for the time I will be there and it looks like the top 3 hotels only have suites available. I hope you find something more reasonable.

I probably would have enjoyed them more if I hadn't been forced to read them over summer vacation and then had to write papers during the school year.

I have lived almost my entire life in the south and never had mayo on an egg.

Even in the south you have to be careful. BBQ is so regional. I don't care for eastern NC BBQ (vinegar based) and SC BBQ (mustard based).

You lost me at ketchup.

I am worried that fight rates aren't going to get any better. I used up almost all of my flight miles to get me and B to California in June.

I really wish I could get away somewhere for spring break. Maybe we can so some sort of staycation.
OH, Charade, I had to laugh out loud at your time traveler coding!!! What a riot. I hope someone figures it out so it gets done right. At least you get a laugh at times when coding, LOL.

I lived in the South for a long time and Never heard of mayo on an egg either! We had great BBQ where we lived but you had to go to "the good places" that locals know.

Wow, I can't believe that the top 3 resorts only have suites left in September??? Just, Wow!

ruth

lol......February is an odd month!

Don`t blame you for not travelling, that is a long way to go, hope your GD does well though.

Must be 30 years since I`ve had a McD meal......I have had a BK burger since then which I think I preferred, but too long ago to remember.

Oh save us from the "experts" on everything when half of them haven`t been alive long enough to poop!!! I`ve never read that book, but yes, these folks who think they can tell us all what we can and can`t read annoy me. Although I`m thinking about goldfish now!! lol

Actually have only read one Hemmingway book to my recollection, I just didn`t get into a groove with him.

Yes, SAN thread is very appropriate to ramble!

Well, the sun did eventually come out, but it`s freezing. So we went out and came home quickly and passed the day away pottering about.

Making mash to go with our steak in ale casserole, pop on some carrots and baby corn, dinner is done.

Sitting watching a Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes film now.....love em

Hi Carole:

I agree with all the "experts" trying to change history or books. It's ridiculous. I hope this craziness doesn't go on for much longer. It is growing old here in the States now, and I am glad.

Your roast sounded yummy. I love all things Roast! I usually brown it with seasonings, put potatoes and carrots in with beef broth and cook on stove top. Then for the next meal, I make noodles and have beef and noodles which are delicious (if I say so myself, LOL), with mashed potatoes. Can't have too many carbs, can we? Or I will make veggie soup with the left overs. Always good.

Will talk more later, gotta make lunch now. Yes, my usual diet lunch of an apple (gala only), cheese, and crackers. YUM.

ruth

I usually brown it with seasonings, put potatoes and carrots in with beef broth and cook on stove top.
YUM!

since I’ve yet to pick a new oven out, that’s a nice option to cook a roast that totally is under my radar.

Only one i make stove top, infrequently, is chuck roast and, of all things Catalina salad dressing. Sounds odd & rather gross, anything but. Funny as i rarely use canned soup to cook as an ingredient. I jus mine up with Worcestershire & a few other tweaks. Hmmm Might have to pull a roast out of the deep freeze this week

Last lazy day before starting work on that stupid paper.

I got a notification this morning that our flight to California had changed. I was a little annoyed until I noticed that we have been put on nonstop flights. It will be nice not having to deal with chaos of a flight change.

just spending that last time together before graduation will be fun no matter what you decided to do! Maybe a nice tea or ladies’ luncheon or even a spa day if that is your cuppa.
Great idea. I'm sure B wouldn't say no to a trip to our local tea room.

Close enough. I love a good countdown. Charade did a killer one or two in the past here that were fun to see.
Speaking of countdowns......days until commencement.

65805ECA-A23E-433B-A1A2-09E72B58E6E3.jpeg

Little one wanted to go to NYC in the Spring. Well, I just scored 78 dollars train round trip for both of us on a Friday in April. Yay!
Great deal! That will be a fun trip.

Hemmingway’s work has been critiqued for years by feminists. I had to laugh when I read awhile back a University tagged The Old Man and the Sea for being potentially “too graphic as to fishing” and made it optional reading. as you well know, sometimes a book about 🎣:fish:is not about a:fish:
I vaguely remember reading that in high school. I'm sure it was another required reading that bored me to tears.

know.

Wow, I can't believe that the top 3 resorts only have suites left in September??? Just, Wow!
I hope that will change over the next few months so the people who just need a regular room can get one.

Guess I will watch a little NASCAR. My driver had to start near the end today.

OH, Charade, I had to laugh out loud at your time traveler coding!!! What a riot. I hope someone figures it out so it gets done right. At least you get a laugh at times when coding, LOL.

I lived in the South for a long time and Never heard of mayo on an egg either! We had great BBQ where we lived but you had to go to "the good places" that locals know.

ruth

Only mayo on eggs here are egg mayo sandwiches...one of Tom`s favourites!

Hi Carole:

I agree with all the "experts" trying to change history or books. It's ridiculous. I hope this craziness doesn't go on for much longer. It is growing old here in the States now, and I am glad.

Your roast sounded yummy. I love all things Roast! I usually brown it with seasonings, put potatoes and carrots in with beef broth and cook on stove top. Then for the next meal, I make noodles and have beef and noodles which are delicious (if I say so myself, LOL), with mashed potatoes. Can't have too many carbs, can we? Or I will make veggie soup with the left overs. Always good.

Will talk more later, gotta make lunch now. Yes, my usual diet lunch of an apple (gala only), cheese, and crackers. YUM.

ruth

Yes, we`re all pretty sick of being preached down to by so called know it alls....think some need to develop thicker skins.

When you say noodles......what do you mean? I think noodles are long like spaghetti....used in Chinese or Thai stir fries. But an American once told me she needed noodles for her lasagne.....we call those lasagne sheets! I get easily confused.......I am trying to cut carbs out, but failing miserably as it`s so darn cold!

Your lunch is infamous now among some of my friends......I think they wish they had your willpower!!

YUM!

since I’ve yet to pick a new oven out, that’s a nice option to cook a roast that totally is under my radar.

Only one i make stove top, infrequently, is chuck roast and, of all things Catalina salad dressing. Sounds odd & rather gross, anything but. Funny as i rarely use canned soup to cook as an ingredient. I jus mine up with Worcestershire & a few other tweaks. Hmmm Might have to pull a roast out of the deep freeze this week

You`ll get the right oven soon I`m sure. I don`t think we even have canned soup in any of our kitchen cabinets, but we always have Worcestershire sauce.......and you get brownie points for spelling that correctly!!! Love some of the pronunciations though of that place though!!

Can`t beat a roast dinner!

Last lazy day before starting work on that stupid paper.

I got a notification this morning that our flight to California had changed. I was a little annoyed until I noticed that we have been put on nonstop flights. It will be nice not having to deal with chaos of a flight change.

Great idea. I'm sure B wouldn't say no to a trip to our local tea room.

View attachment 742441

Great deal! That will be a fun trip.

I vaguely remember reading that in high school. I'm sure it was another required reading that bored me to tears.

I hope that will change over the next few months so the people who just need a regular room can get one.

Guess I will watch a little NASCAR. My driver had to start near the end today.

75 days isn`t too bad a countdown at all......

Are nonstop flights unusual then from your airport? They are an option for some over here going to the States, we avoid them like the plague though, a 10 hour flight is quite long enough.

Our flight out has been changed again, got an email yesterday we now leave......10 minutes early!

Beef in Ale was gorgeous, I really rate this new butcher highly. Everything we`ve had had been beautiful, seems to be worth the drive, although they do deliver down here so we might utilise that service, but I do like to pick my own purchases.

Really lazy day, just as we like it......watched some tv, watched a couple of movies and had a 20 minute nap at some point.

No idea what we`ll do tomorrow, will decide when we see what the weather is in the morning......we can decide to go out.....or not. I don`t think we need any groceries, so might just pooter about again.

Not long till bedtime here though.......been in my jammies since around 6pm......although I couldn`t wear these to bed, I`d melt!!

Are nonstop flights unusual then from your airport?
Nonstops are non-existent from my airport unless you are going to Charlotte, NC which is an American Airlines hub. Our airport is tiny.
However, we are actually driving to Charlotte and flying out from there. All 3 of us were able to use flight miles by doing this, and were able to use a low number of flight miles. We probably saved around $2000 by doing this. We originally had a stop in Raleigh, NC which made no sense at all. Charlotte and Raleigh are about 2.5 hours apart by car.

Only mayo on eggs here are egg mayo sandwiches...one of Tom`s favourites!

Yes, we`re all pretty sick of being preached down to by so called know it alls....think some need to develop thicker skins.

When you say noodles......what do you mean? I think noodles are long like spaghetti....used in Chinese or Thai stir fries. But an American once told me she needed noodles for her lasagne.....we call those lasagne sheets! I get easily confused.......I am trying to cut carbs out, but failing miserably as it`s so darn cold!

Your lunch is infamous now among some of my friends......I think they wish they had your willpower!!

You`ll get the right oven soon I`m sure. I don`t think we even have canned soup in any of our kitchen cabinets, but we always have Worcestershire sauce.......and you get brownie points for spelling that correctly!!! Love some of the pronunciations though of that place though!!

Can`t beat a roast dinner!

75 days isn`t too bad a countdown at all......

Are nonstop flights unusual then from your airport? They are an option for some over here going to the States, we avoid them like the plague though, a 10 hour flight is quite long enough.

Our flight out has been changed again, got an email yesterday we now leave......10 minutes early!

Beef in Ale was gorgeous, I really rate this new butcher highly. Everything we`ve had had been beautiful, seems to be worth the drive, although they do deliver down here so we might utilise that service, but I do like to pick my own purchases.

Really lazy day, just as we like it......watched some tv, watched a couple of movies and had a 20 minute nap at some point.

No idea what we`ll do tomorrow, will decide when we see what the weather is in the morning......we can decide to go out.....or not. I don`t think we need any groceries, so might just pooter about again.

Not long till bedtime here though.......been in my jammies since around 6pm......although I couldn`t wear these to bed, I`d melt!!
Hi Carole:

I make thin sliced noodles by hand, the old fashioned way. No machine to cut them for me. I cut them about 1/8 to 1/4 inch wide and about 1 to 2 inches long. So they are thin egg noodles. I dont make lasagne (sp?) noodles, just the thin egg ones.

LOL, I bet your friends think I'm crazy to sticking to that lunch, but I've been doing it so long it is just normal and I actually crave Gala apples! I don't just eat that for lunch. I go out for lunch at least 2 times a week too.
It is strange but it really helps me not to eat many calories for lunch and so I can eat what I want for supper, even dessert! I usually have non-sugar cereal with fruit, artificial sweetener, a dash of real sugar, and 1% milk, so I save calories with that too. The only thing is that cereal like that is Not filling, and I get hungry pretty quick.

But I am hanging in there. I know that if I allow myself to eat what I want, then I will overeat because I have NO will power, LOL.

A that PSA: warning going to sleep will be Monday when you wake up. Nope, staying up all night won’t prevent you from it being a Monday. Even if it’s the last one in February.

And how fitting for us? A end of Monday evening storm. Saying even if we get some of that fore letter white word, won’t last, as between a half inch and three quarters inch of rain to fall, to make our early Tuesday morning want for tacos with a very soggy look outside.

Early bedtime for me. Alarm has already been set. Last cup of my evening tea has been done. Pajama wearing and told kids they need to be more quiet tonight. Thankfully, no commuting until later this week.

And how nice for Disney to make her own pasta. My little one is a pasta fan, so we eat our fair share of pasta, but I buy it fresh or in a box or bag.

I took too many naps today and now am wide awake after midnight.

I was just looking at the airline app and noticed that the window seat next to me and B on the return flight is showing as available. I need to have dh check his seat numbers to make sure we are all still sitting together.

Nonstops are non-existent from my airport unless you are going to Charlotte, NC which is an American Airlines hub. Our airport is tiny.
However, we are actually driving to Charlotte and flying out from there. All 3 of us were able to use flight miles by doing this, and were able to use a low number of flight miles. We probably saved around $2000 by doing this. We originally had a stop in Raleigh, NC which made no sense at all. Charlotte and Raleigh are about 2.5 hours apart by car.

Yes, $2000 is a decent amount to save!

Hi Carole:

I make thin sliced noodles by hand, the old fashioned way. No machine to cut them for me. I cut them about 1/8 to 1/4 inch wide and about 1 to 2 inches long. So they are thin egg noodles. I dont make lasagne (sp?) noodles, just the thin egg ones.

LOL, I bet your friends think I'm crazy to sticking to that lunch, but I've been doing it so long it is just normal and I actually crave Gala apples! I don't just eat that for lunch. I go out for lunch at least 2 times a week too.
It is strange but it really helps me not to eat many calories for lunch and so I can eat what I want for supper, even dessert! I usually have non-sugar cereal with fruit, artificial sweetener, a dash of real sugar, and 1% milk, so I save calories with that too. The only thing is that cereal like that is Not filling, and I get hungry pretty quick.

But I am hanging in there. I know that if I allow myself to eat what I want, then I will overeat because I have NO will power, LOL.

lol....I have one friend who eats cheese in bulk almost every day, like me she loves Brie and can eat it without putting on a single pound!! I really shouldn`t like her, but I do......lol.....but offer her an apple and she`ll growl at you, it`s far too healthy for her!!! We have apple, pear and plum trees and she won`t even try one of our apples....unless they`re in a pie!!

I`m with you going out for lunch though....... we do enjoy that with our friends ::yes::

But I hear you on the willpower...it`s not easy, you do well and you`ve found something that works for you, which is always good.

I`ve never in my life made my own "noodles" for stir fries. I have made my own pasta and used it for lasagne sheets which turned out well.....but.....I did try to make spaghetti once or twice and it just didn`t work for me.....they would be similar to noodles I guess. I don`t have the pasta machine any more so I buy fresh lasagne sheets (never dried pasta) when we need them. We eat so little pasta there was no need really. But, I do admire you making your own noodles.

I took too many naps today and now am wide awake after midnight.

I was just looking at the airline app and noticed that the window seat next to me and B on the return flight is showing as available. I need to have dh check his seat numbers to make sure we are all still sitting together.

Yes, we like to sit together on flights too, it`s part of the fun for us, I know some folks don`t mind being apart. But, it`s one of the reasons we always book as early as we can so we can choose our seats carefully. We do get that free when we fly Premium, normal economy seats pay for that perk.

Dull, grey drizzly morning here and we have a real feel of 32F. Cold....so no walking along the seafront today after the school reading session as we planned. Will do that then go pick up some fresh produce and hibernate this afternoon as rain is forecast. It is getting alot lighter in the mornings though which is so nice to see those dark hours slowly dissipating.

Avocado for breakfast this morning, open sandwich for lunch with some roast beef I think and dinner is to be decided.

And the sun has appeared!! But NE wind is still going to be prevalent this week....chilly!!

i-Fws8SMj-S.jpg

cv34-S.jpg

cv35-S.jpg

Have a fabulous Monday :sunny:

Ack, Charade, hope seat choices have you all together. We like to sit together when flying too. Yeah, when I nap in the late afternoon or early evening, I have trouble going to bed early.

And it’s a Monday. Up that odd hour. And even more odd, I’ll have to check with little one. As I got out of the shower, I swear I heard her say mom. Answered, but did not see her or get any response. I hope she had come up to see me. Either way, both kids are asleep, as DH and I are only ones up.

We are above freezing, but a nice enough day, as storm won’t be here until around 7 pm. Then a very wet overnight, and storm will be giving it’s wet North of me before sunrise tomorrow. And more seasonable weather this week. 47 degrees the high. But yay, even with more wet weather this week, 60 degrees is also a high for a day this week. Yay, camel will help us welcome March starting this week. Yeah, and the month we go to DS, daylight savings time. Sigh. Tired people for days until their bodies are used to that jump in time keeping. And when some all our country and some in the world will be a hour earlier. I so wish our country would nationalize a stand time all year round, forever.

Ah, Monday, make it a Marvelous one. I so need more tea.,

Dh was able to get his seat changed today. When we originally booked the flights we had seats together. Since dh booked on a separate account than me and B the airline had no idea that we were together, so they didn’t seat us together when they changed our flight. Thankfully seat changing is easy with AA.

Lunch hour is almost over. Don’t want to go back.

It is definitely a Monday!

Weekend was busy with work and evenings I just sat with the remote. I did go to a couple of stores to look for small travel size liquid products to bring along as dh is thinking he wants to just do carry-on for our Vegas trip :scared: I don't know if I will be able to do minimal hair products :scratchin I am hoping that we will check one bag...then have one carry-on. We each get one checked bag for free Maybe dh can't be without some of his items either :rolleyes1 :rotfl: Tonight we will try to pack for carry-on bags...then decide.

The sun is finally shinning and it feels like spring again outside!!! It's been over a week since I seen the sunshine...so I am LOVING it. It's been ugh, cold and overcast for over a week now. Hopefully no more yucky cold days ;)

Trivia night tonight was a lot of fun even though my team didn't do very well. What does it say about me that my best category was cartoons?
Fun!!!! It's great that you had fun...winning isn't everything.
nd for those that do read it……..:rolleyes1 hoping to start the pre trip report tomorrow…….
YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Little one wanted to go to NYC in the Spring. Well, I just scored 78 dollars train round trip for both of us on a Friday in April. Yay!
Wow...what a great price. Sounds like you need to go into planning mode for that soon :rolleyes1

Well, I have been trying to write this all day...but I keep getting interrupted with little things all day. I only have 10 minutes left of my shift. Trying to get things ready for month end...plus with me working 2 days at my healthcare job, and leaving on Friday...I have my work cut out for me. I will still need to do my time sensitive stuff all week, as our manager is out of the office this week....and he's the only one who can do it when I'm gone.

Well, have a great day/evening everyone!!!!

Went to pick up a stromboli from one of our favorite local pizza places, and we had to wait for the train to pass on the way home. We had quite a few cars already ahead of us waiting. As all were ready to go, everyone stopped. We saw across the horizon, a big flash of greenish white. I guess we all saw that flash, so after a few seconds, all moved. As we turned to go up the main drag to our home, we heard our two block away from our home, fire company’s fire whistle go off. Think we heard another fire whistle from the fire company about a mile up the road. Told little one, wonder if something electrical blew up. Turned on local news, but no mention. Maybe on late night news. Maybe not. Was odd to see such in the horizon. Been raining on and off since dinnertime.

The kids had bought me a Lego flower bouquet for Christmas. Little one decided tonight would be a good time to build it for me. Can’t wait to see them. The kind of flowers I can keep in my home. Gave her a glass vase I got out of my china closet. Should look nice on my bureau.

Quiet enough night. Phone says some snow falling and to stop in the next 44 minutes, before more rain coming. Told older one to call me as he gets into his car, as he should be driving home shortly. It’s 36 degrees out, so maybe some slippery spots, but at least above freezing. Told him to be safe before he left this morning.

Tea for me. Ahhh. Quiet Monday evening.

Dh was able to get his seat changed today. When we originally booked the flights we had seats together. Since dh booked on a separate account than me and B the airline had no idea that we were together, so they didn’t seat us together when they changed our flight. Thankfully seat changing is easy with AA.

Lunch hour is almost over. Don’t want to go back.

Glad you`re getting to sit together after all.

It is definitely a Monday!

Weekend was busy with work and evenings I just sat with the remote. I did go to a couple of stores to look for small travel size liquid products to bring along as dh is thinking he wants to just do carry-on for our Vegas trip :scared: I don't know if I will be able to do minimal hair products :scratchin I am hoping that we will check one bag...then have one carry-on. We each get one checked bag for free Maybe dh can't be without some of his items either :rolleyes1 :rotfl: Tonight we will try to pack for carry-on bags...then decide.

The sun is finally shinning and it feels like spring again outside!!! It's been over a week since I seen the sunshine...so I am LOVING it. It's been ugh, cold and overcast for over a week now. Hopefully no more yucky cold days ;)

Fun!!!! It's great that you had fun...winning isn't everything.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...what a great price. Sounds like you need to go into planning mode for that soon :rolleyes1

Well, I have been trying to write this all day...but I keep getting interrupted with little things all day. I only have 10 minutes left of my shift. Trying to get things ready for month end...plus with me working 2 days at my healthcare job, and leaving on Friday...I have my work cut out for me. I will still need to do my time sensitive stuff all week, as our manager is out of the office this week....and he's the only one who can do it when I'm gone.

Well, have a great day/evening everyone!!!!

Glad to hear the sun is shining again for you.......it`s always nice to see a glimpse of it now and again.

I agree with you.....winning most certainly isn`t everything, but some folks that have that competitive streak just can`t help themselves by wanting to "win".........it`s funny to watch them try though :rotfl:

And you finish your job on Friday? Will you miss it at all or just glad to be gone?

We put the ac on for one cycle today to clear out the stuffiness

As you know aircon isn`t a thing over here in homes, but nothing like opening the windows to get a blast of fresh air in the home. Yes, even with the heating on.......folks think I`m crazy but I`m still warm, but we have fresh air circulating.

Despite the rain and cloud we did get a bit of clearance last enough, enough to vaguely see the Northern Lights a little. It`s the first time they`ve been as far South for a long time, we have seen them before though down here, last time was a few years ago, but again, very vague. One newspaper reported they`re not visible with the naked eye......I beg to differ as do many others who saw them.

Some professional photographers captured some lovely images. I think we needed Kyle`s imaging things to get a picture! Very nice to see though, will pop on some dark site websites today and get some better images. Amazing site to see. We went to Norway once.....bad storm stopped us seeing anything of them, we were unlucky with that trip.

But, more drizzle ahead today for us, so another day of not walking far, and cold too.

I think we`ll head out a while this morning, still searching for those elusive bedroom lamps, I will find the perfect ones eventually. I do like the ones we have, but I can find nicer I`m sure.

Haven`t given food a thought yet for tonight......will think about it after breakfast later. Kettle is on and teapot awaits filling.

i-3JvzBgd-S.gif

cv49-M.jpg

cv146-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday :-)

Ah, we saw snow, we saw rain, and are very soggy now, after almost 2 inches of rain fell until the wee hours of today. But the storm is now way North of me, Boston and the NE and Canada getting wet, though seems like the bulk of it is over the ocean now. At least overcast, and no more rain until my commuting day. So hoping to dry out some. Above freezing by two degrees, so at least no icing with all that wet. Another low 40’s day. Not complaining. Still seasonal temps for the end of February into March. And for a March month, our weather tends to be more nicer days then colder feeling days. But even though Spring comes that month, we have seen snow even as late as early April. As such, no one starts to grow plants outside until until well into May.

And eat s taco or tow. Yep, that month ending Taco Tuesday is here. The day Max gets a taco thought today, and goes to Taco Bell for a meal.

Hence, hope all have a most Terrific Taco Tuesday.

Good Tuesday Morning everyone :wave:

5194AA30-DE04-4EDA-9885-C8B8DBAB0CFE.jpeg

4126B74D-6D31-48B6-BCB3-FC4965BD55D9.jpeg

E4F37EA0-32B8-4C49-9E37-8953ADABF88F.jpeg

Robo, sorry to hear son had some issues, but at least happy to hear he is feeling better. Will cross my fingers and toes he gets some good news from his doctor’s visit.
Thank you Lynne.

Glad to hear your daughter is dealing with the eye issues, it`s been a long haul for you all with it, I can`t imagine, but she sounds a strong lady with a lovely family behind her.
Thank you Carole. She has really been through it. She is such sweet, strong woman.
She is a wonderful wife, mom, grandma and daughter.

And will keep everything crossed for your son today, all good wishes as always for him.
Thank you, we are praying that when he has his test on Friday that he will be able to hold off on surgery till things are healed up a little more. It will be a better outcome.

Yes, the shooting made the news here too, as did the shooting of an Officer at a college in Philadelphia, scary stuff and absolutely heartbreaking.
It is so sad when you hear of such atrocities.

Apparently means Lent is around the corner......I`m the person who does it the wrong way......I take something naughty up for Lent.....there`s always a little bit of a rebel in me!!! Now to decide what to take up........😉
Ok….LOL…what naughty thing did you come up with for Lent.

I enjoyed my whole weekend!!!!! I got to enjoy sleeping in, lazy morning coffee, and spent most of yesterday in the project room happily sewing gd's quilt. It was the weekend I needed!!! I was needing a low key weekend to rest. On Sunday, I still felt exhausted and tried not to do too much. Yesterday, I finally felt better again, and puttered around the house a little bit, whipped up a couple loaves of bread, and spent most of my day sewing.
So glad you had a relaxing weekend you are a busy lady. That down time is a balm to the body and soul for sure. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

If you come across a product called K18 - GET IT. It is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Olaplex. I use it every few weeks, for about 4- 5 washes in a row...and use this as the conditioner. It is a balm you put into your hair, and leave for about 4-5 minutes before putting any product in or brushing even. The shine my hair has when I straighten it :eek: It is pricey but definitely worth the $$$.
I looked up the k-18 conditioners. Looks like they have quite a few products to choose from.

Forgot to add some pictures
The quilt pattern is beautiful.

I’m not one for big, sweet breakfast food…GD is a fiend. my creation this time…
Looks like fun and yummy breakfast for your granddaughter. That smile is your seal of approval for sure.

Oh, good luck to you! We had our various bi annual testing yesterday. The mr’s chest xray was pronounced clear of the pneumonia yet still hacking like a fiend. Have our bi-annual joint appt with dr tomorrow.
Great to hear his chest X-ray shows he has cleared up. The lingering cough hopefully with abate soon. Glad to hear the Doc ordered him some prescription cough medication to help him.

many friends seem horrified we share a PCP, let alone appointments. My thot is we get the same amount of time and can focus more on the person who needs the attention. Seriously, at this stage of our marriage, secrets are oh so few & far between.
Hubby and have the same PCP. It makes a lot of since to have the same Doc.

Good luck to him!
Thank you Janet. Praying all goes well.

We went out for dinner last night to celebrate youngest ds's birthday. We have hit a new milestone in our home...everyone is now out of teenage years and full fledged adults now :sad: It is/was a bittersweet day. I don't know how it happened so fast and yet when they ( especially the boys) were young and we were in the thick of it...wishing for a day when they didn't need me so much....it has arrived :guilty: They are great kids - even dd who gave us a run for our money from the ages of 16-22. We couldn't be prouder of the amazing people they
Happy belated birthday to your son.

2693D255-1BA0-4C65-9A45-B75EB8C313A8.gif

You sound like a proud mom and you have every right to be.

Been crazy hectic around here…same songs, next verses. Mom & Mom-n-Law, Grandkids, Business stuff and-of course-trips! Coming off of back-2-back 4 day weekends…Orlando for Mardi Gras & Disney’s FARTS. Got to hear The Goo Goo Dolls at USO! Color me impressed! My oldest daughter sez she felt like she was back in junior high, 😳🥺🤪😻 and then this past weekend to Dallas with Gage for his convention stuff. Next “official” Orlando trip ain’t booked until MID OCTOBER!!!
buckeev sounds like a busy, but fun time. Glad to see you post.

I stopped doing our taxes years ago when our financial situation got more complicated. The first year we used him our accountant found money from the previous year that we were owed. We have continued to use him since then.
Sounds like accountant is a keeper. Especially when they find money you are owed.

It seems that everything we new about the Resorts have changed a bit since covid as far as reservation times and Resort costs. Everyone who was cooped up during Covid shut down is ready to get out and travel. I thought that would settled down by now, but I guess not.

Cute countdown meme.

We had a bad thing happen not far from here in a housing community just about 5 miles away. A large Alligator said to be 11 feet long and over 700 pounds killed a 85 year old woman. She was walking her little dog at the edge of community waterway and the Gator went after her dog and got her instead.

On internet it was posted that the folks knew about this large Gator in the community and had even nicknamed it. I’am at a loss why on earth the folks in that community would not have demanded that Gator be removed. I‘am guessing there are far more details that came into play in this situation.

Once the gators have reached a certain length they can be trapped and removed. A fellow neighbor who saw it happen and called for help and tried to help her form the shore to no avail. I feel so sorry for that poor lady and her family and neighbor.

It is well known that if you have any type of small waterway in your area you will eventually have an Alligator in it. We have had a couple trapped in our community in the past few years. It is a constant reminder that we have to be aware of our surroundings.

Have been a tad busy lately. Guess that is not bad. The sun is shinning this morning and it is supposed to be a high of 87 today and 90 predicted on Saturday.

It has been a fairly warm winter in our area of the Sunshine State. Had a few colder days in January, but none since then.

Hubby and I had our MD appointments Friday. Got the results of CT. Still have a couple of nodules in right lung post covid from last year. They haven’t grown so good news on that.

One of my fellow Rockit Sista‘s and I went to KSC last week on Thursday. It was mobbed with people. Glad to see KSC is getting more popular with folks it is really a wonderful place to visit. We didn’t stay long. I took her to the Vineland Outlet Mall and to Mall at Millenia. We then had dinner at Cheesecake Factory. It was a busy fun filled day.

Hubby and I went out for my birthday on Sunday and enjoyed some cocktails and steaks. The family called and we had some nice visits on the phone.

My Rockit Sistas took me out for ladies night out for dinner yesterday evening and we had to step outside to see the SpaceX Rocket go off. It had been scheduled for earlier in day, but finally went off at 6:13 pm.

We went back to my friends house for cocktails and a movie. They were so sweet and bought me some nice gifts. Getting a year older is not bad after all…LOL

My sister and brother in law sent me a Hogwarts lamp to go with my WWOHP collection. It is really cute.

55E8A239-A757-4DDB-9C61-A4E7247FCD34.jpeg

Hubby is having his first cataract surgery Thursday he has been putting this off awhile and researched some local eye surgeons here so he found one he liked. This has been in works for a month. I’am impressed at how thorough they have been leading up to the procedure.

Son is having test done on Friday. Should know something then. Praying that all goes well.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Need to get scootin today.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter