Something About Nothing............ #14

Sue, yes, Siddiq is dead
And if you watch the show, you know what happens to dead people....

With tonight the last show until it finishes the season in the fall, Fear the Dead should be returning

Forgot to post this morning that the SAN made the Dis Daily Updates again

We were first on the list

If you are browsing through today’s daily list here, please say hi or gives us a 👋

We are a chit chat hang out for all
And, we are a 24 hour site for all and any drop ins

When Charade can’t sleep you might see her here letting us know she is awake

Schumi is across the pond from us and you’ll find her dropping in to tempt us with bacon and desserts when her morning begins

48f here and cloudy. Don’t know what happened, it was sunny when I left for church.

Sue, yes, Siddiq is dead

With tonight the last show until it finishes the season in the fall, Fear the Dead should be returning
i Watched Talking Dead and Sadiq was on it, a dead giveaway that he’s really dead lol. But some blog sites said Sadiq is dead, maybe. So gave me hope! Hope tonight ties up some loose ends instead of adding more.

I think tonight’s show will have fillers as it’s the mid season break show until the fall

When the show returns in the fall, think all loose ends will be tied up

Hmmmmm........bacon and desserts........sounds like a good name for a restaurant!!! Yes mac we do love our bacon.......unfortunately not this morning, boring old Rice Krispies for me today.......

Monday finally.........Kyle set off for his last work day for almost 3 weeks....think he’s hoping it’ll be an ultra quick day!

Our fridge freezer was delivered very early this morning, rather unusually we were the first delivery........men unpacked it and went to put it in place and Tom spotted a large dent in it.......yep, it had a large bash on the side, so back it went...delivery me weren’t very happy but not accepting damaged goods.

Called the company we ordered it from and they said new one will come........Friday......nope sorry, it’ll have to be after the 12th of next month......glad we have other options.

So, popping out this morning for a few bits....and to see a local garden centre’s Christmas display.....it’s always beautiful. And too busy from mid December, so we’ll catch it now.

Have a great Monday........

Ooh I hate that. Nope not accepting clearly damaged deliveries either, Schumi. And yay, Kyle will be home for weeks, and all are ready for holiday trip coming soon.

Cool and mostly clear. Fast enough commute, and yeah car, icy it could be. 36 and it feels it.

Hello Monday. Have a nice one all.

Happy Monday to you all! :wave:

I hope everyone had a good weekend. @Charade67 that was the cutest picture. I wish I had that kind of a present under the tree. But alas, I'm allergic. However, I still pet them anyway when I have a friend that has cats and dogs. I just always make sure nothing gets on my face and I wash my hands. I can't resist a furry creature. They're so fluffy and cute.

I hope you all are prepared for Thanksgiving. Dad is helping his brother up north. I stayed down to be there for mom while he's away. Since it's only two we're just going to go out.

We had a sudden drop of 46 for a low today, so I would imagine you all must be extra chilly today if that happened. I hope you all stay warm inside and safe on the roads.

Ooh I hate that. Nope not accepting clearly damaged deliveries either, Schumi. And yay, Kyle will be home for weeks, and all are ready for holiday trip coming soon.

Cool and mostly clear. Fast enough commute, and yeah car, icy it could be. 36 and it feels it.

Hello Monday. Have a nice one all.

Yep, damaged goods are never acceptable, but something at this price, absolutely not.....we ordered a bigger one than we originally planned, so did at least expect it to not be damaged. And it was a huge bash. Company offered us £25 off it for our inconvenience......told them not to bother. They may come back with a better offer.

Picked up a few last minute things this morning...….and then some cleaning. Will do it again on Wednesday I`m sure.....not sure what it is about going on a trip, I always have to clean everything.....even if it doesn't need it.

Had a lovely evening last night.....some friends came round for a drink and snacks. Although…...I do know why one of them was there....well, as well as coming to see us :littleangel:...….she did mention she has run out of Bath & Body products......hint hint...…..I did joke for a second we were only taking one suitcase between us...…..she knows me too well to believe it though!!

Met a woman this morning who only talks to you or makes an appearance if she wants something.....or if she wants to tell you about her upcoming trips.....you can spot these people a mile away.......seems she is going to NYC for Christmas....and as I had recommended the New York Palace.....that`s where they`re staying....ok. Hope she likes it.

Dinner tonight is Moroccan Chicken....well my variation of it......it`s been simmering away most of the day and does smell lovely.....sweet and spicy......

Weather is also miserable, grey and almost dark here already.

Happy Monday! I guess most of you have a short work week for Thanksgiving! That’s always nice. Seems like our Thanksgiving was eons ago, but it was only last month.
This morning oatmeal for breakfast then Aquafit.
We have had a transit strike here for a few weeks already. It they don’t come to an agreement by Tuesday night Wednesday- Friday there will be a total shutdown. Guess we’ll have to drive oldest dd to work.

Hey all, survived being chief cook & bottle washer for DSs Friendsgiving. Will do it all again on Thursday for our family. Nice little trial run-through. Always makes me nervous using a different oven. Went up yesterday to finish cleaning up, nearly all the food disappeared, a good sign. Jr sick as a dog, some bug but don’t think flu.

Packing & (re) planning trip today. Why not tweak things & ruin perfectly good FP+ and ADRs. :)

Lynne - yuck to the snow, it skirted us. Some concern re our flight on Thursday if things shift. Not worth worrying about it now

It looks like it could be part of B's Whoville costume from her Grinch themed dance recital.

View attachment 454130
Oh, absolutely she’s a who! Lol
think this is the first time I haven’t bought any new clothes for a trip ever...
I couldn’t resist a goofy xmas shirt
Is the sloe gin in the pies or in you
Just the thought of sloe gin makes my teeth hurt, sooo sweet
Today I had a doctor appt. nothing earth shattering, I just noticed a soft lump beside my ankle. It’s lymphedema. But he sent me in for blood work just to be sure it isn’t something else.
Eek, will have to google that, but hope you feel better soon
Quite the morning......our fridge freezer in our utility room has stopped working......it’s only 3 years old. Thankfully nothing spoiled......but we have another fridge freezer, chest freezer, small fridge and a wine fridge to fall back on.....lol..
Ain’t that the berries! Good think you have other options. Just think if it happened when u were away, oh the smell when you opened it up later
Sue, yes, Siddiq is dead

Shouldn’t have to wait that long, with this mid-season break, TWD should be back in February

FTWD was renewed for 6th season last summer, but haven’t heard of premier date

I held out faint hope he wasn’t quite dead-dead based upon the preview last week. Silly me! I had thought one more episode this go-round. Glad as I won’t have to hope the hotel tv has that channel sunday lol.

Last edited:
454799 Yeah, it's feeling like a long Monday afternoon. Sun is still out, and I'm so ready to go home. Errands to run tonight, so hoping the traffic is not bad.

Hope all are doing well. Sue, hope you are feeling better, and Mac, that goes for you too.

Keisha, yay, for surviving one dinner, and hope DS is feeling better since catching that nasty bug. Glad it is not the flu. And yay, for flight coming up soon.

Dix, Thanksgiving dinner plans sound perfect. Nice you will be dining with your mom.

And yes, a short week. Woot!

Trying to stay awake at work. Thankfully it is almost time to go home.

Hmmmmm........bacon and desserts........sounds like a good name for a restaurant!!!
I’d eat there.
Our fridge freezer was delivered very early this morning, rather unusually we were the first delivery........men unpacked it and went to put it in place and Tom spotted a large dent in it.......yep, it had a large bash on the side, so back it went...delivery me weren’t very happy but not accepting damaged goods.
ugh. How annoying. Thankfully it isn't something you need in an emergency.
wish I had that kind of a present under the tree. But alas, I'm allergic.
So am I, but I got a cat anyway. I’m okay with just one, but I can no longer volunteer at the local humane society.
! I guess most of you have a short work week for Thanksgiving!
Two days for me. I love the time off but hate that I don’t get paid.
Hey all, survived being chief cook & bottle washer for DSs Friendsgiving.
You are a brave woman.

I have everything I need except apples and potatoes. I plan to get those tomorrow. I hope the stores aren’t too crazy.

Last edited:
Nice to see lots of homies here today
Sounds like many have turkey day plans and will be busy prepping and shopping this week for it

Our Canadian homies already had their holiday
Safe travels for Schumi and keishashadow and pattyw who are traveling to Orlando later this week

For those doing Thursday family holiday get togethers, hope your weather is decent and easy travel for all

I don’t shop on Black Friday but for those that do, hope the crowds are tolerable

Went to Aquafit ugh, it’s the instructor I don’t care for. I think I’m going to have to start phoning ahead to see who is teaching.

Keisha, yes, thankfully it happened this week and not next. Weirdly the freezer was still working......but we moved everything the other fridge freezers and only got rid of deli meats and cheeses......everything else was fine. Can’t imagine coming back to that.......hope your boy feels better soon..sounds nasty! But, glad the meal was a success.......

Charade......yes, we’re lucky we have plenty of backups to hold the food.....no rush now to get the new one. Hope your shopping is a success tomorrow.......I hate shopping in crowds, it’s why I have most of my Christmas shopping done this year, food and last minute stuff will be done when I get back.....plenty of time.

mac......hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving too......I usually do an honorary mini Thanksgiving meal of turkey, but this year will be at the airport hotel.......steaks all round!!! And hope you’re doing much better too......

More rain tonight.......at least it’s not the snow Lynne is having......but feels a bit chilly when I nipped outside earlier.......rain just doesn’t seem to be stopping.

Moroccan chicken was nice......couldn’t decide between cous cous or baby potatoes......went with spicy cous cous.......delicious. I don’t like apricots but, don’t mind them dried and cooked in dishes like this.....

Hair appointment tomorrow morning.......don’t plan on getting too much off the length......but it does need a good tidy up.

Almost bedtime here.....can’t believe how today has just disappeared so quickly.......

Yep, on the Schumi schedule. Will be legally blonde tomorrow too. Hope you like the cut, Schumi. Me too, not much off. Styling, yes.

Chicken for dinner. Errands were done quick, traffic not too bad, and enjoying a quiet night. Sounds perfect to me.

I don’t shop on Black Friday but for those that do, hope the crowds are tolerable
Six years of working retail cured me of Black Friday shopping. Like Schumi, I hate shopping in crowds.
A few years ago I established the family Anti-Black Friday event. We've been to Christmastown at Busch Gardens a couple of times, gone to the movies (low budget year), and went to a place to learn about glass blowing. This year we are going to see Mannheim Steamroller in concert.

Nice. Charade. Should be a good concert.

Well, a Tuesday is here. Ooh, taco Tuesday. That day of the week, Mac usually does her Taco Bell run.

Grr, ice scraper used. At 38, still feels cold, and car said roads may be icy. Yeah, thankfully clear, and oh so dark out.

Aww, office pot luck today. Already told kids, will not be hungry when I come home. Actually that is a good thing, as going straight to hair salon, as decided to book an hour earlier than I usually do. Figured, needed to get gas and pick up rolls that older one wants. See, to help out the Thanksgiving host, she assigns food items to bring. One of my assignments is rolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter