Something About Nothing............ #14

Robo, beautiful decorations........I love the Nutcracker!! My friend Felicity named her three children, Clara, Frederick and Louise......she was a huge fan too. The Mouse King is adorable......I haven’t gone to see that at Christmas for many years......yes, I am quite organised this year.......and patting myself on the back to show it......lol......

Haven‘t quite wrapped everything yet......have a lovely afternoon, sounds a nice way to spend the afternoon.......and have a lovely family visit this weekend too........

Do you wrap gifts as you buy them? I do and often get teased about it.

Really??

I don’t usually, I tend to have a Christmas evening or two....one where I
write any cards we do still send, and another couple for wrapping presents....

But, some folks I need to get the presents out before we go as we may not see them afterwards. And ones I need to post go early too.

Let them tease, you’re organised....... :thumbsup2

I seem to know a lot of people who are wait until
The last minute wrappers. My former roommate used to wait until the night before she was supposed to leave to visit her family and then be in a panic about wrapping. I always ended up helping her.

I’m leaning towards the Chinese lantern festival.

Joe and I went to this in Raleigh last year. It was beautiful! Hoping to see it again this year when we're there!

I don’t usually, I tend to have a Christmas evening or two....one where I
write any cards we do still send, and another couple for wrapping presents....
I seem to know a lot of people who are wait until
The last minute wrappers.

Do you guys still send out a lot of Christmas cards? I only send out a few now. It used to be that I'd have quite a stack of cards to mail!

I'm a bad gift wrapper- so I use gift bags! Some people are artists when it comes to wrapping gifts- wish I could do that!

Lunch was a grilled cheese panini! and an apple with peanut butter! I think it's time for some cookies! :)

Off to try new hairdresser today. Gave the last girl 3 gos at it. Last time was an abysmal failure. It was intially purple, then fascia/pink. Many thanks to my gals who saw me on October trip (Mac, Carole & Lynne) for being kind Lol. Hope I don’t get stuck paying for corrective color.

3 pumpkin pies cooling, look pretty. That’s a bonus, my pies usually don’t look as good as they taste :)

Bought our blue friday Sea World tix last night. Went with Fun pass which will cover all our 2020 dates. Less than $170 for 2 tixs, quite the bargin compared to the other parks lol. Parking not included but no biggie, usually at an partner hotel then for the free quick queue, can always use their shuttle if mood strikes. Figure will on 29th as I bought us tasting lanyards for their Xmas festival lol

Charade - not sure what that event is, nice to have options though for entertainment.

My mother likes the fun of unwrapping and is sentimental, so she likes something tangible
I usually will buy a little something & attach the gift card to it. Best of both worlds :)
watched The Apprentice
Oooh, you still have new shows?
Going to try a new dining buffet for lunch

Sad that it still is morning time and my thoughts are in where to do lunch today
Lol
Well...spill the buffet :). You have high standards, hope you found something appealing.
Neck still not right so saw doc Tuesday. On steroids. Will see If it helps. If not then some imaging to find out what the cause is.
Uh-oh, wishes sent no disc problems! Take it easy
WOW!!! You have THE MOST BEAUTIFUL decorations!! Robo, you could charge admission!! :)
Absolutely! You outdid yourself this go-round. I’m helping DS put his tree up tomorrow, then ours on Sunday. Wheeeee

Patty, only for relatives, some village folks and some of our closest friends. Most of our friends groups now and have done for the last few years donate what we would spend on cards (and postage) and we put it altogether (separate friends groups) and give it to a chosen charity.

Keisha......oh good luck!!! You looked just fine when we saw you.......but do hope you’re happier this time around.......

Yes, the Apprentice over here is hosted by Sir Alan Sugar......not sure if you ever heard of him......he was Amstrad Electronics many years ago.....made his fortune. Bunch of no users who excel at being useless and I wouldn’t employ any of them to sweep my driveway!!!

Snap on the pies!! I was pleased how my sloe gin sweet mince pies turned out today.......l love a pumpkin pie though, they’re just not a thing over here.....wish they were! And congrats on the tix purchase! And enjoy helping DS with his tree tomorrow......we do ours over Saturday and Sunday.......glass of wine time for sure........cheers!

I don’t get my hair cut till Tuesday........it is so long, half way down my back which is longer than I like it.....I’m too old for such long hair now......will get a good rump on Tuesday........then waxing on Wednesday......I don’t mind getting that done anymore......think my legs are numb to the hot wax now!

Dinner is around 40 minutes away.....Kyle gets home from work in around 15-20 minutes if he left the office on time.......and traffic is ok....

Hungry now........

:wave2: finally getting to do a quick stop in.

It has taken me all week to get caught up lol. Seems like everyone is busy decorating, shopping, cooking/baking and counting down to trips!!!!!

We survived the slick roads there and back. Just glad we left when we did...we missed the rain and icy road - both on the way down and our way home. Ds is doing great and recouping great. I either picked something up at the hospital or ate a bad something at Red Lobster before we left the city...as I was sick for 3 days. Not sure which one it was...but ugh. Not how I wanted to spend 3 days...but it's much better now.

We are just enjoying the very mild weather here. It makes me scared :scared1: for when Mother Nature decides to snap and freeze us to death...it will be bitter cold and never ending. Any snow we have left...wish is mostly gone, but what's left is just hard rock ice on top. But I'll take the mild weather while I can get it. It tends to bring on the migraines...but I would rather suffer with the migraines than cold weather. That's how much I HATE the cold.

Finally caught up at work...will probably put on some youtube and shred papers for the rest of the day.
Have a great evening everyone :wave:

oe and I went to this in Raleigh last year. It was beautiful! Hoping to see it again this year when we're there!
That's the one I'm thinking of going to.

I'm a bad gift wrapper- so I use gift bags! Some people are artists when it comes to wrapping gifts- wish I could do that!
I do both depending on the gift. I'm a fairly decent gift wrapper. Years ago when I worked for JC Penney I would sometimes get stuck working the gift wrap counter

3 pumpkin pies cooling, look pretty. That’s a bonus, my pies usually don’t look as good as they taste :)
I am going to make my very first pumpkin pie next week. I just hope I chose a good recipe.

Charade - not sure what that event is, nice to have options though for entertainment.
This will give you an idea. https://www.boothamphitheatre.com/events-tickets/events/chinese-lantern-festival

hair came out far better than I dreamed , phew

wasn’t tempted by this little number, we’ll just a tad lol.
The hat a shout out to all the homies here

am going to make my very first pumpkin pie next week. I just hope I chose a good recipe.
I’ve yet to find one I like better than the one on the Libby’s can
Lol’d way thru the store

9BF6C526-1587-4B1F-8F91-F97A4D3F31CF.jpeg
This skirt, well, can’t say I’ve ever seen anything quite so over the top, they have ugly Xmas skirts now, who knew?
B01F8068-670C-4C33-9404-DD027C9E13FD.jpeg

Good morning Friday!
Shopping deals day I read....

feeding time at the zoo here
Cats are hungry
I’m holding them off to 6:30 so they stay on schedule

Homies it is that time again...start of the weekend!!

One of our favorite days of the week
😍

enjoy

I am a good gift wrapper. But like Patty, bags and boxes are more used in my gift giving now.

Ah, nothing like a long, hot shower. And relaxing. Yep, a Friday is here. And so grateful for a long weekend. See my vacation days expire at the end of the pay year, so usually around beginning of January. Hence, the three day weekends will be more frequent, rather than more days off, as our cruise is after those days expire. No matter though, I can save almost a month of weekdays that do not expire, so will dip into my stash of days, but will build that saving cache up again, as the new year continues. So nice I can take time off this time of year.

And a happy home today, little one is coming home for the Thanksgiving break. Ah, the nest will be full for a week. Happy me.

Yay, Keisha is happy with her new hairdo. Glad you like the color this time. I have been using the same haircut lady for so long. Followed her through a few different salons, but she has been with the last one the longest, and I think she will be there until she retires. She knows my color and I like the way she cuts my hair. Like Shumi, will be blonde once again on Tuesday. Not sure if either kid is coming with me. They use her too, for haircuts.

Ooh, Pumpkin, hope you do get some warmer today, and glad to hear safe travels. Yeah, slippery streets are not my idea of fun driving. We get those sometimes later in our wintertime. I hate black ice. Thankfully, warmer day for me, so rain is in the forecast. Well better than freezing rain, and snow. Sending good thoughts your way.

Hey Mac. Hope those cats are behaving, and you get a peaceful morning. Sending good thoughts your way too. Hope you are getting healthy and feeling good. Mummy dust.

Schumi hope your afternoon is lovely. And yay, for pies coming out well. Yep, pumpkin pies are more popular where I live.

Ooh, time for tea. And since older one is done his class early this morning, maybe he will have brunch with me.

So enjoying this Friday!

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was kind of a rough day at work. Our client who has kidney cancer came in for her appointment. She is not doing well at all. My boss says that she will be starting hospice care. During therapy she told my boss that she was ready to go.

On to happier news - today I have a dental appointment. Okay, I know most people wouldn't call that happy news, but I'm weird. After the dentist I will be going to the grocery to pick up the supplies needed for Thanksgiving dinner. I will be making apple, pumpkin, and chocolate peanut butter pies.

I also need to wrap the one gift I have bought for B. We are going to be geeky at Christmas. I bought everyone a Marvel Christmas shirt. Mine is Thor's hammer with a Santa hat, dh's is the Avenger's symbol done in sort of an ugly sweater style, and B's is Spiderman wearing a Santa hat with the caption "Made the nice list."

B only has on class today, but her professor decided to cancel it. Fortunately dh's last class ends at 1:00, so they will be home shortly after that,

Good morning, homies!

@Charade67 wish you were here to help me with my wrapping. I'm horrible and always wait until the last minute. I usually am not that last minute, but last year I kept holding off that I did it all in one day a few days before Christmas. I'm sorry about that recent client experience.

My mother is gifted at making her own cards and is constantly always making new creations. She's always praised me for being an artist growing up, but not her, but when she started doing this a few years ago, it's like, wow. Perhaps when she's about to send some out I'll take a few pictures to post here. She likes to do certain cards for family up north and then certain ones for family more south. Since both places of course look vastly different during the holiday season.

Weather keeps messing around this weekend, so still on the fence about going to the parks this weekend. However, it'll just give me an excuse to do some shopping. Which I was going to do anyway, but I might be doing more of it than I was planning to.

Glad to hear the hair came out so well Janet.....looks great!! You’ll be all glammed up for next week!! Not sure about the skirt.....lol......

Lynne......sounds like a nice week ahead.......daughter coming home will be lovely......happy new hair for you too next week! Well, pies looked good......not sure I’d make them again after I tried one or two.....couldn’t decide if I liked them or not......decided not. Will remake a regular batch of sweet mince pies.......no more sloe gin.

That is quite an outfit Charade.......even for a show!

Managed to get some more things sorted out today......wasn’t too cold this morning once the rain cleared.....so popping in and out of stores wasn’t too bad. Lots of wrapping done this afternoon and have several packages ready for posting next week.

Heard from our friend in Orlando last night, he tells us perfect park weather awaits us........always good to hear! I think we’re all sorted for our trip now, anything we need to take for gifts has been bought and I think this is the first time I haven’t bought any new clothes for a trip ever...... :scared1:

Kyle has today and then only Monday to work, then he’s off right through till mid December.......:thumbsup2

Takeout tonight........we are having Indian, those two will have pizza......two peas in a pod with pizza.....

Time for mid afternoon cuppa...

Oh Charade, sad to hear of your patient failing. Sending sympathy.

Schumi, glad to hear you are getting ready for your trip.

Dixx have fun in the parks.

Dental visit was successful. I bought all of the pie ingredients I need except for the apples. I will get those next week. I thought I was being smart by shopping today instead of next week, but the store was crowded. I forgot that one of the local retirement villages brings a busload of residents to shop on Friday mornings.

Now I am going to try to wrap B's gift without help from Caspian.

so still on the fence about going to the parks this weekend.
Go for it if the weather is nice.

That is quite an outfit Charade.......even for a show!
B's dance teachers wanted all of the Whos to look, bright, colorful, and tacky. I think I did a pretty good job of putting that outfit together.

I'm off to find the gift wrap.

Hehe, bought little one’s gift. It came n an unmarked box. Glad she won’t know as soon waiting for her to come out if the dorms.

Lots of traffic out. Rainy and lots of water 💧 on the roads.

Well, pies looked good......not sure I’d make them again after I tried one or two.....couldn’t decide if I liked them or not......decided not. Will remake a regular batch of sweet mince pies.......no more sloe gin.

Is the sloe gin in the pies or in you....

You don’t have much longer before the family vacation!
It is wonderful that Kyle will be on this upcoming trip with you and Tom!
I hope it is all sunshine and no rain while you are in Orlando.

Been a rain off and on today
Did errands, doc appt, out for lunch this afternoon, and now chillin with the tv
and cats.

Noticed the other night people have Christmas decorations up
Some houses are elaborate with the zillion of lights ...

Each year home decorations start early as in a few weeks after Halloween

Hope all the homies are doing fine and have a great weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!