Something About Nothing............ #14

Yeah, I have always had all season. They do well enough in the snow, and so I don’t have to change. Only time I had chains, was on my Dbro’s suburban, as he picked us up from the train station after a blizzard had hit the area. Most of the times, chains are not permitted on the road, as the brine crap they put on the roads beat the roads enough not to be banged with chains.

Crap on tv tonight. Had a nice dinner with older one, as his choice for his 22nd birthday. The burger place we wanted to eat at was closed, mechanical issue, so we ended up at the diner we all like. And as with most diners, doggie bag that will make DH happy.

Sue I remember being surprised to discover Seattle gets little in the way of snow when we visited the area. That fog though, wow.
Or go home.

Speaking of big, how the heck did the Ravens manage to beat the Patriots? Arrrgh
Luckily, we were spared from any damage and didn't lose power.
Yes, that’s the scary thing. Bad enough no lights or tv in summer but lack of heat in winter is hard to overcome!
I think we should build a huge mansion in a place that has year round ideal temperatures.....and all move in to this estate
I vote for a nice pool feature, outdoors. Indoors if salt water :)
Enjoyed the Grand Floridian in August but I would choose SF over GF for theming, staff, and upkeep!
Nice costume!

Same here, the overpriced GF has never struck a chord with me other than enjoying the restaurants now & again.
Most of the times, chains are not permitted on the road, as the brine crap they put on the roads beat the roads enough not to be banged with chains.
Yes, def out of favor these days but one of the best ways to plow thru a deep, heavy snow. I wouldn’t know how to put them on if my life depended upon it.

Hello everyone. Uneventful day today, but yesterday was good. Yesterday morning was B's baptism. About 20 students from her dorm came. I thought she was going to stay after church and have lunch with us, but she ditched us for her friends. I am so glad she is enjoying school and making new friends. She was so nervous about living on campus.

I’m just really not feeling the idea of having an auto payment again.
We went for several years without a car payment and now we have 2. Thankfully dh's car will be paid off in a little over a year.

Seems like these days bad drivers are increasing.
I blame cell phones. We live in a college town and so many seem to think they are invincible. Dh has actually had students tell him that they are perfectly capable of texting while driving.

Nothing like outdoor air conditioning. 34 outside temperature, said the car. Oh, and get your windshield ice scraper out. Rats, had to scrape frost off my car windows. And yes, that heater in my seat was activated, oh yes I did. 70 put as the inside the car temp. I am not a fan of cold. 🥶
Brrrr! It hasn't quite gotten that cold here yet, but I know it's coming. I'm not a fan of the cold either.

We even saw a little wet S-N-O-W on Saturday!! Ick!
Yuck! Don't say that word. Don't even spell it.

I do not know how much you guys all love Cabana Bay, but honestly, besides my Contemporary experience I would have to say it's one of my best experiences I've ever had a resort.
I haven't stayed there yet, but would be open to it. We loved the Royal Pacific. Haven't stayed at any of the others yet.

Boo, winter is coming.
I want it to stay fall until spring.

I think we should build a huge mansion in a place that has year round ideal temperatures.....and all move in to this estate
I'm in!

Middle dressed up as Cruella-
Great costume.

Had a nice dinner with older one, as his choice for his 22nd birthday.
Happy birthday to him.

Speaking of big, how the heck did the Ravens manage to beat the Patriots? Arrrgh
Patriots lost? Awesome! Sorry, not a Patriots fan.

Noting on TV tonight (just got finished watching Thor) so I guess it's back to binge watching Murder She Wrote.

Playing ketchup right now and skimming thru threads

Sending:bday: to Lynne’s son
Hope his day was great
And hope you smiled all day thinking back to when he came into this world

(I always think back to when I had my boys and how happy I was when they were born)

Hoping all the homies are doing fine and have a great week

Belated Birthday wishes to Lynne`s son..... :bday: Hope he had a lovely day......

Charade, glad your daughter is settling in to her new life......is she very far away from you now?

We have a real winters day here, same last night. High winds and heavy rain....there`s hardly a leaf left on the trees this morning. The wind and rain woke me up a couple of times last night, but got back over quickly. Least it`s not snow!

Having a day at home today......already cleaned all the bathrooms and a few other rooms we don`t use every day.....Tom washed all the floors that have wood or tiles and vacuumed any carpets…..not a bad team. I`m just ignoring the inside of the windows that could do with a wipe over.....darn candles.....even Yankee Candles cause some blackening effect! Will leave that for another day.....

Tuesday again......

450419 It's that day of the week, tacos are on the menu. Here is hoping Mac is feeling well enough, and is permitted to drive far enough to make a Taco Bell run. Hope you are feeling better, Mac.

Yep, when the weather's wet, and not nice out, always nice to be able to stay at home. Hope you get a better night's sleep, tonight, Schumi. Hate when the weather wakes me up during the night.

At least a warmer day, 42 was the start, so almost 10 degree warmer this morning. And very, very dark out. Mostly cloud cover arrived in the overnight, and still persists. Predicted clouds and some sun today, with best chances of some rain, closer to the shore, and closer to the mountain areas. I'm in between, so hoping just a more sunny than overcast day.

With that, thank you Charade, Mac and Schumi, older one is old enough, all he wants on his birthday, is dinner out. He is a good dining partner. And, we will formally celebrate his birthday on Thanksgiving. We tend to be in easy mode now, if all get together for a meal to celebarate a holiday, we also celebrate the birthdays that were missed. Hence, one of the desserts at Thanksgiving will be a birthday cake.

Oh, I so need tea. While not quite ooh feels cool inside, it's time for tea. And I am thinking, lots of tea today, I am feeling some cool air. Sigh. Weather guy this morning, said that fingers of arctic air have been pouring down across our area. I am so not ready for arctic air feeling temps. And usually that means more chances of snow. Talking we may see flurries on Friday. Right then. Weather will be wet, and not nice out, three day week-end will commence. Seems most of the white stuff will be in the early morning. Um, I will be sleeping in on Friday. No need to see snow, if I can help it.

Later homies. Have a terrific, totally perfect Tuesday. And for those in my state and those in NJ, or any other state, that's voting day, get out to vote!

Charade, glad your daughter is settling in to her new life......is she very far away from you now?
She is only about 20 minutes from home. Several people have expressed surprise that she is living on campus. Yes, we could save a lot of money by having her commute, but we felt that she should have the full college experience. We also felt that the experience would be good for her socially. Several people have asked me if she comes home on the weekends and are surprised when I tell them no. The school offers so may activities to keep the students occupied. Why come home where its boring?

Time for another exciting day at the office. Guess today I will work on monthly billing.

Election Day here. Got up early and pulled myself together to be ready to roll with the mr when he got off work & came home at 8:15 am. Nope, he begged off for when he wakes up. Been awhile since he’s stood me up hahaha. Will head out later, not sure if i’m Going to cook or not.

Wanted to watch the Little Mermaid live event on the tube later w/GD who is staying over. She had requested ‘Mermaid food’. Puzzled me, she doesn’t eat seafood. She meant themed cookies or cupcakes, has quite the sweet tooth. Just dawned on me, she has gymnastics & won’t be here till 8:30am. After she eats late dinner & is fed will be time for bed as bit of a drive to her school district in the am. Too late to enjoy the show. She’ll be back most of the weekend, will catch it then

Had a nice dinner with older one, as his choice for his 22nd birthday. The burger place we wanted to eat at was closed, mechanical issue, so we ended up at the diner we all like. And as with most diners, doggie bag that will make DH happy.
Can’t go wrong with a good burger! Happy birthday to you son!!!
I thought she was going to stay after church and have lunch with us, but she ditched us for her friends. I am so glad she is enjoying school and making new friends. She was so nervous about living on campus.
Evidence of you doing a great job, isn’t it great to see them flourishing?
Patriots lost? Awesome! Sorry, not a Patriots fan.
Oh so the same here, but we put the Ravens in the same category as they are division rivals
We have a real winters day here, same last night. High winds and heavy rain....there`s hardly a leaf left on the trees this morning. The wind and rain woke me up a couple of times last night, but got back over quickly. Least it`s not sn
we’re supposed to get our first accumulating snow this weekend. I’m not having it, oh no snow!

Drives me crazy how my mr can sleep so peacefully in that sort of weather. Says he finds the sound of wind & rain soothing. I keep waiting for the windows to blow in, sounds a bit crazy but they did so during a microburst years ago. We sit up on a high ridge and often manage to catch some wicked wind.
Here is hoping Mac is feeling well enough, and is permitted to drive far enough to make a Taco Bell run. Hope you are feeling better, Mac.
Does Taco Bell deliver? Uber eats is starting to take off in our area, just can’t bring myself to use them for that. When i was looking for seasoning ideas to make my taco meat last week, did see a copycat version of Taco Bell’s. I’d never attempt as I don’t care for the chain but was curious. Would you believe it is sautéed in water. I guess to get that mealy sort of texture?
if all get together for a meal to celebarate a holiday, we also celebrate the birthdays that were missed. Hence, one of the desserts at Thanksgiving will be a birthday cake.
That is a very good idea. Always did feel bad tho for those who have BD on Xmas.
Several people have asked me if she comes home on the weekends and are surprised when I tell them no. The school offers so may activities to keep the students occupied. Why come home where its boring?
It’s her first semester/year. All new and exciting, she will settled into things. I didn’t think any of my boys, who all went to schools within 1 to 1-1/2 hours away, would make an appearance home ever again. I did insist they show up for Thanksgiving. After the first year they came home at least once a month. By their last year I tended to make sure they had access to a vehicle so I didn’t have to drive up to grab them on the weekend lol.

Ah Charade didn't realise she was as close as twenty minutes away. Glad she`s having fun though and not bored...….

Keisha.....Election Day??????? It`s not that time already is it......nah, I`d not have missed all the hoopla for the big one.....lol.....time with GD sounds lovely......Taco Bell has never appealed to me at all.....then that type of food isn`t really for me anyway.......but I do like the sound of home made as an alternative.....

Yes, I can lull myself to sleep at times with heavy rain bouncing down....lol....but the winds at times were horrendous last night.....it`s been dull all day, now we have bright sunshine when darkness is only an hour away...….of course!

Chicken breasts stuffed with Brie and cranberry tonight...….little baby potatoes too......

Not much else going on......

That is a very good idea. Always did feel bad tho for those who have BD on Xmas.
Dh has a birthday in Christmas Eve. We try to do no Christmas related activities that day.

Chicken breasts stuffed with Brie and cranberry tonight...….little baby potatoes too......
That sounds really good. I have no idea what we will eat tonight. I need to to the grocery store.

Always lush dinners from Schumi.

I am thinking hot roast beef sandwiches. Picked up some roast beef from the deli counter the other day, so put in gravy, and there we go. Thinking some green beans would go good.

Voting when I come home, and I think older one is picking up little one, to come home to vote. I guess she will have lunch with him, then go back to school. Like B, little one is about 1/2 hour away. Yes, us too, paying much to have her room there, but she's enjoying her stay, and has made some new friends. Only comes home on a week-end, to get more clothes and food. Have not seen her for 2 weeks. But lucky, will see her the week-end before Thanksgiving, as she has the whole week of Thanksgiving off, so over a week home. Wee. Then crazy, finals will be like a week or so later, than she'll be home after the 18th of December to start the break in sessions. She returns to school the day after we get back from our January cruise. Time does fly.

And lucky or unlucky? Keisha gets GD this week-end. Hope you have fun with making some of those requested mermaid treats.

Managed to knock out 3 Xmas gifts & candy this afternoon but mostly stuff for me haha strike while iron is hot.
Election Day??????? It`s not that time already is it......nah, I`d not have missed all the hoopla for the big one.....lol.....time with GD sounds lovely.....
Not the dum dum dum big one next year but in political time it’s right around the corner
And lucky or unlucky? Keisha gets GD this week-end. Hope you have fun with making some of those requested mermaid treats.
Oh very lucky!

:wave2: Just a quick stop in Just reading to catch up and say a quick " Hello "

@macraven I"m so sorry to hear about your fil. I am sending many thoughts and prayers to all of you.

Well...it seems like some more papers found my desk again. Once the temperatures drop and the snow falls...we get busy. Hopefully stop in later tonight!!!!

Have a great evening everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter