• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Greetings from a very lazy Saturday. The cat kept us up part of the night, so dh and I didn't actually get up until almost 11:00. Most of the day was spent watching college football.

We went out for lunch this afternoon, and were stopped at a traffic light as we were exiting our neighborhood. Our light turned green and dh started to go straight through the intersection. I looked to our right and saw a car speeding down the street. The driver didn't stop or even slow down for the red light and made a right turn onto the street we were about to drive onto. I shouted and dh stopped in time to keep us from being hit. We followed the driver down the road and watched as she tailgated the driver in front of her. Ther road we were on was a 2 lane, 45 mph road with no passing zones. As we approached the next major intersection the road widens a bit so that there is a left turn only lane. We watched as the woman crossed the double yellow lines to pass the car she was tailgating and pull into the left turn lane. She sped down that lane and ran that red light as she made her left turn and sped off down the road. I really hope she encountered the police before she caused a wreck somewhere.

I’m ok with heights as long as it’s an enclosed space. Don’t ever ask me to climb a step ladder lol. I’m just afraid of the dang thing breaking down. Up there at a full stop in the Florida 90+ heat ugh. And they’d have to drug me if I had to evacuate!
I can't do heights even in an enclosed space. I also fear the gondola breaking down. It doesn't help that it has already happened.

Came back and the front yard looked ‘different’. Took me a hot second to realize that one of our larger decorations went airborne. Don’t judge me here lol but a 50 foot ghost made out of nylon. Bought probably a decade ago as a joke but the DH loved it.
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at this. I bet it was quite a sight as it was happening. Hope the ghost wasn't damaged too badly. The worst we got was finding one of our neighbor's tombstones in our yard.

A nice memory! Any BD Plans this year?
Nothing major. Her birthday is on a Thursday this year, so we will do something the following Saturday. We went to a tea room a couple of months ago and she asked if we could go back for her birthday.

Couldn’t sleep last night. Woke up at 3:00 and gave up trying to get back to sleep around 4ish. Went out to living room and turned on tv. Watched a weird
movie. But slim pickings at that hour. I have a head cold, and congested. Probably what kept me up.
I sympathize. Usually if I am awake at that hour I watch Murder She Wrote or Hart to Hart on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel, but lately they have just been showing Christmas movies 24 hours.
Hope you feel better soon.

Tonight we set the clocks back. There’s been a lot of talk here about staying on daylight savings time, but waiting on the rest of the west coast, California, Oregon and Washington. Apparently they need the Federal OK, so takes longer. In Canada it’s on the Provincial level. So faster to accomplish.
I would be happy to stay on Daylight Saving Time. I hate turning the clocks back and then having it get dark at. 5:00. At the very least we should split the difference and adjust the time by 30 minutes and then leave it alone.

I suppose I should try to get some sleep. I need to get up early tomorrow.

@Charade67 how scary. I would have taken down her licence and phone the police. She needs to be off the road. Last week in NY my daughter & I came within inches of being hit while crossing a street. We had the walk sign so just started crossing when a car turned left and almost plowed into us. Literally inches away. She never even stopped. There are some crazy drivers out there. My neighbor was killed in a crash a few years ago when a driver blew thru a red light. So lucky you saw her coming.

Charade that had to be a scary situation for both of you this evening

Very glad you weren’t hit!

Sue, that was great advice!

The only thing about gaining an extra hour of sleep tonight is telling the cats they will have one more hour to wait until food time at 6:30 am
Their 6:30 will really be 7:30 until they adjust

Leaving the porch light on for any homies wandering in later.

Yeah, I have seen people run red lights, way too aggressive drivers. Years ago, I was hit by one. One early morning, I was so happy to see a green light as I was going down the hill, as I got near the light, some lady in a truck came right threw the red light. As I came so close to hitting her, she waved to me. I was angry and annoyed, but so thankful I saw her in time, and my car had very good breaks. Very scary, Charade. Yeah, I would have got her plate and called it in. An accident was waiting to happen.

Have to tell older one I am heading to bed. Very close to midnight, and aren’t his online friends done playing that game? Eh, warning he has to end it soon.

Light on here too, for all you night owls, or early birds already rising over the pond.

how scary. I would have taken down her licence and phone the police.
We should have, but dh was a little shaken by our near miss. He was afraid to speed up to get close enough to get her plate number.

We have a lot of trouble with this little intersection, but usually it is from cars coming from the opposite direction. When leaving our neighborhood we often turn left onto the main road. We get a green left turn arrow for that. The people coming from the opposite direction who are turning right onto the main road often don’t stop at the red light before turning. We have to be very careful at that intersection. I don’t know what could be done to alleviate that problem.

I should be asleep but am wide awake.

Greetings from a very lazy Saturday. The cat kept us up part of the night, so dh and I didn't actually get up until almost 11:00. Most of the day was spent watching college football.

We went out for lunch this afternoon, and were stopped at a traffic light as we were exiting our neighborhood. Our light turned green and dh started to go straight through the intersection. I looked to our right and saw a car speeding down the street. The driver didn't stop or even slow down for the red light and made a right turn onto the street we were about to drive onto. I shouted and dh stopped in time to keep us from being hit. We followed the driver down the road and watched as she tailgated the driver in front of her. Ther road we were on was a 2 lane, 45 mph road with no passing zones. As we approached the next major intersection the road widens a bit so that there is a left turn only lane. We watched as the woman crossed the double yellow lines to pass the car she was tailgating and pull into the left turn lane. She sped down that lane and ran that red light as she made her left turn and sped off down the road. I really hope she encountered the police before she caused a wreck somewhere.

I can't do heights even in an enclosed space. I also fear the gondola breaking down. It doesn't help that it has already happened.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at this. I bet it was quite a sight as it was happening. Hope the ghost wasn't damaged too badly. The worst we got was finding one of our neighbor's tombstones in our yard.

Nothing major. Her birthday is on a Thursday this year, so we will do something the following Saturday. We went to a tea room a couple of months ago and she asked if we could go back for her birthday.

I sympathize. Usually if I am awake at that hour I watch Murder She Wrote or Hart to Hart on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel, but lately they have just been showing Christmas movies 24 hours.
Hope you feel better soon.

I would be happy to stay on Daylight Saving Time. I hate turning the clocks back and then having it get dark at. 5:00. At the very least we should split the difference and adjust the time by 30 minutes and then leave it alone.

I suppose I should try to get some sleep. I need to get up early tomorrow.

Crazy drivers.....:crazy:........>:(

Glad you’re ok.

My wife and youngest son experienced something like this last week.......not pleasant......

Shopping for a new suv.....

Can’t decide what we like most.....

I really like the new Lincoln’s!!!

She just wants a Jeep.......

Yep, my little one likes those jeeps. Rav 4 owner. Once I got used to an SUV, cannot seem to like driving a car. Have fun choosing, DisneyLife and Mrs. DisneyLife.

with the time change, up way too early. By the time I got to bed it was 12:30am. Older one said, well, why not stay up late. Will feel like we went to bed an hour earlier. Sigh. No matter when I go to bed, I can be an early riser.

Will still leave the light on, as many are still in the dark. Sunrise yesterday was 7:20 or so, today, wee, only have to wait an hour and sun will appear.

Yo homies, welcome to a Sunday.

Thinking of a Zoo visit today, which got a sigh out of older one as we went to bed last night. But I am hoping he agrees, and I said we don’t have to stay long, just long enough to when the crowds start to arrive around lunchtime. I remind him, early is better to go, as less traffic, and easier parking. Oh, and if get butt moving, there is a Wawa on the way, so a quick stop could be made. Zoo does not care if you bring in food, only a no glass or straws, restriction.

Good Morning

🌞😃 Another cool feeling sunny day alert.

I am up way too early this morning. I would try to go back to sleep, but by the time I did it would be time for me to get up.

there is a Wawa on the way,

When we were coming back from Richmond last week we wanted to stop to pick up something to drink. I noticed a sign for a Wawa at the next exit. I told dh that I had never been to a Wawa before. This led to us getting really silly and saying Wawa over and over. When we got to the exit I noticed a sign for a brewery. I tried to tell dh, but I had said Wawa so many times that I couldn't say the word brewery without sounding like Elmer Fudd.

Have fun at the zoo Lynne. I think I would like to visit the NC Zoo again. I haven't been there in over 4 years.

Last edited:
Yeah, Wawa started up north, in my state, and named after the town of the same name. English sounding, from Indian name for a Canadian goose, hence the bird on its logo. We have always had one to stop in. Ritual many a morning, for a coffee run, with a breakfast or hoagie sandwich, and sides like mashed or oatmeal, or Mac and cheese. Rice sometimes too.

Guess that type of store was needed as quick place while on the road. Glad the Wawa name gave ya giggles last night, Charade.

well older one is not, not interested in the zoo. Hence maybe just breakfast out, and the finishing of the grocery shopping at a big box store. But hey, the sun is out, and my neighbor is too, mowing the grass, and other neighbor is running a particularly load motor.

Morning all, it’s sunny & brisk here. Semi productive already, found two price drops on different SWA bookings, nice way to start the day.

File it under you know you are getting older...I turned down tix to Steeler’s game today...too cold & windy, playing a team that will kick our butts

Plan to make apple pies today & Swiss steak, yum. Hear the mr stirring, time to go fry some bacon.

Did google that tea company. Hey, it is from New York. Sold around in stores and can order online from them. Hehe, they say one of their stores is in England. I may see if Whole Foods or like that carries that brand. Seem to be two friends that started the business, and is all natural. They use that triangle so as to not chop the ingredients too fine.
SNL had a funny bit last night poking fun at woman who overpaid for paint she had specially imported from England. The way she kept annunciating the world colours (with the U) had me giggling. Was a good outing all the way around, a few have been misses this season.
My neighbor was killed in a crash a few years ago when a driver blew thru a red light. So lucky you saw her coming.
Oh, that is horrible to hear. Guess you never know, gotta live each day as tho your last.
As I came so close to hitting her, she waved to me. I was angry and annoyed, but so thankful I saw her in time, and my car had very good breaks. Very scary, Charade. Yeah, I would have got her plate and called it in. An accident was waiting to happen.
A one finger salute? :) JK scary stuff
We should have, but dh was a little shaken by our near miss. He was afraid to speed up to get close enough to get her plate number.
This day & age, you pull up on a car, can wind up with a weapon in your face. Just not worth it.
Shopping for a new suv.....
Same here, but I’m on the fence, would rather wait until mid summer next year. Mr has it in his mind to keep my car (Altima which I love) and buy one of those loaded Rogues. Have driven their sport and the premium version last two vacation rentals. Begrudging admit enjoyed it. Retired my SUV 6 years ago when gas prices jumped.

Quite surprised such a different experience as to the model, aside from amenities. Do love all the safety features they offer as to side warnings etc to avoid blind spot issues. I’m just really not feeling the idea of having an auto payment again.

We went to Wawa for the first time this past trip......loved the potato chips they sell in there......can`t remember the brand, but lovely.

Lynne, Yes, the larger pyramid style we did like, I still prefer loose tea though, but she brought a large selection for us to try......all lovely so far.

Charade...weirdly the guy in front of us this morning, after blazing past us like the flash.....cut through a red light on a roundabout......we were going the same way and saw him turn in to where kids were playing Sunday morning football!!!! Hardly an emergency......but that sounded awful.

Janet, one of the many, many things I love about the new Porsche, (can I still call it new at 5 months old) is all the safety features and toys Tom added on for fun......we have wrap around camera so all blind spots covered as well as the usual side sensors, and when you park the space shows in the screen in front of us......he did add something on to that camera option too just because he could......boys and their toys! I don't think there was anything left to order.....upgraded seats....the ones in the car were already incredibly comfortable.....and so many other things.....but have to say, I thought the car as it was, was already perfect, but his additions did enhance the car well. I love it and it was fun to shop for!!!

It rained solidly all night last night.....incredibly heavy and finally stopped early hours this morning. Been not too bad a day in the end.

Went out shopping for some fresh stuff and back home for the day......no bacon this morning mac........:sad2: We need to go stock up this week....visit to the farm store for that!

Texas Grand Prix tonight........although not looking forward to it very much....but will still watch it.

Hope your Sunday is a good one.......

Well, never been to Wawa yet, but keep hearing about the food they have. Maybe next time in Florida I’ll go have a look. I was going to last time but never got around to it. I always gas up at Costco, so its an extra stop for me.

Mac, exactly. The animals just don’t understand time change, lol. We have to adjust them slowly!

Seems like many here have had near misses driving. Seems like these days bad drivers are increasing. My neighbour was second person I know who died because of a driver running a red light.

We have a lot of trouble with this little intersection, but usually it is from cars coming from the opposite direction. When leaving our neighborhood we often turn left onto the main road. We get a green left turn arrow for that. The people coming from the opposite direction who are turning right onto the main road often don’t stop at the red light before turning. We have to be very careful at that intersection. I don’t know what could be done to alleviate that problem.

I should be asleep but am wide awake.
We were pretty shaken up too on our near miss. And because car was making a left turn from main road it was coming from behind us, we never saw it coming.
I’d call the city about the intersection. If you have red light cameras maybe one could be installed at that intersection. The more people that call them about that intersection the better. No one likes to get traffic tickets lol.
Our neighbourhood had a problem with a pedestrian crossing. it’s the “main” road thru the community. The city finally installed a pedestrian activated flashing strobe light type of crosswalk light alerting drivers. After many complaints about cars not stopping.

Think my fridge and kitchen closet are totally filled. Even though still in 40’s out, thinking steak on the grill with some burgers. Will make mashed too, with some cheese and green peppers to go with. Dinner plans made. Now thinking just a sandwich for lunch. Watching English football now. Must be an evening game.

Sunday at its finest. With a wahoo for Keisha, hey even a dollar down in price is appreciated. So far, no deals on my very good priced January airfare. And hey, you going on the RC Harmony in 2021? We are in January 2021. This January, 2020, is Carnival out of Tampa.

Lynne we BBQ year long! we have a built in BBQ on the patio and has a roof over the bbq part with a light so we can see what we’re doing in the dark winter months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter