Something About Nothing............ #14

Happy Sunday. It has been a lazy one here. I did a tiny bit of shopping today. I now have everything I need for Thanksgiving except the apples for the pie. I will get those on Tuesday or Wednesday.
I've got 3 more days to get through and then I don't go back to work until December 7. I'm not sure if i will work a full day on Wednesday or not. I guess it depends on how much I get done Monday and Tuesday. My boss wants me to leave detailed notes about how to do my job. This includes how to navigate some of the insurance websites we use.

I've been completely oblivious too. I guess that's a good thing. This is probably the nicest message board I've posted on. We had some crazies on my Girl Scout Board and dance moms (no relation to the TV show) board.

One of the big things I miss about living in Miami is the variety of food. You can find almost anything there. Kind of like NYC.

When B went to college I had several people tell me that she would be bringing laundry home. I just told them that she knew where the washer and dryer were.

If salons shut down again I think I will just let my hair grow until they open back up. I usually spend less than an hour at the salon, but I don't have my hair colored there.

Another pretty picture. I'm sure we have canals around here somewhere, I just don't know exactly where.

Are your pictures on an iPhone? If so, posting is really easy.

Yum! I like a cream cheese icing on mine.

Great. Now, I'll have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

Great pictures. I love the big cats. I think we might go to Zoo Atlanta next week.

I am so ready for some Disney treats. 181 days to go.....

Thinking about what to do for supper. We will probably end up at McAlister's. It has become our Sunday night go to place.

I do love cream cheese frosting too. It`s not so common over here unless you do it yourself.

I would love to visit Miami one day. Tom has been and has fond memories of it and they have a Loews hotel there which we would stay in. Yes, food choices in abundance.........

ur roots are light. Blends well. Im mow going with baby high lights at roots. Can stretch it out longer

That condition sounds scary.

Shamefully, we killed a pan of rolls already eeek. Found some nice rib steaks in bottom of freezer & made a, ahem, healthy salad

Never stopped at Jock’s always looks hopping, your pics are great.

lol....they`d have disappeared in our home too! Dinner sounds good and yes, Jock`s is on our list of places we want to visit next year........

Monday and it is cold.

Kyle is off all this week but we`re so used to him being home with work, it doesn`t feel any different now, he`s just not cooped up in the office with the door closed most of the day.

Making chicken noodle soup for lunch today, made some bread this morning to go with it......no breadmaker, prefer to do it by hand. And dinner is the rest of the rib roast from last night. Will reheat in some more red wine sauce. I cooked it rare so it`ll be lovely even when reheated.

Supposed to be having a meeting this afternoon with someone but the office postponed till Wednesday as he has a migraine. So, free afternoon.......might do some organising of something.

Plan to put all the Christmas things up this coming weekend, so will have a look to see if we need anything new.....doubt it, but we always make sure we buy something new for each tree every year......sadly won`t be from the Christmas store in IOA like last few years.

Time to go bring bread out of the oven......have a great Monday.....

cv31-S.gif

cv7-L.png

cv67-X2.jpg

cv164_LI-XL.jpg

Happy Monday............😁

Hi all. Got up and kept busy as a very bad sleep. Know that when I sit down likely to go tired so keeping busy is the best option.

Managed to get an optician appointment for next Monday as long overdue particularly for glaucoma check. Think new glasses probably be needed so large bill expected as I wear them all day I do choose nice frames.

Evening meal bolognese cooked and ready to heat up with pasta later. Popular with everyone here.

Walk to local shop shortly then a sit down and some time on the jigsaw before school pick up.

Happy Monday all!

Good morning. Happy to have a 3 day week, but feel like I have so much to do to get ready. After work today I'm going to the pet store to pick up a few new toys for Caspian. I always do that when we go on a long trip.

I will continue cleaning and general tidying up so I don't come home to a messy house. B will be home on Wednesday.

Hoping for a really quiet week at work this week.

yes, And it feels like the Monday it is
That’s my sorta cat lol
made some bread this morning to go with it......no breadmaker, prefer to do it by hand.
Yum, can’t remember last time I made non-quick bread without using bread maker Even if just skipping the steps for making dough To then finish off in oven
Managed to get an optician appointment for next Monday as long overdue particularly for glaucoma check. Think new glasses probably be needed so large bill expected as I wear them all day I do choose nice frames.
Good, Gotta keep those checks up! So many advances now. if they find pre-glaucoma early, it’s usually very treatable these days if you find a top notch provider

I was floored when I went for my 6 month check up/bi-annual glasses check & discovered, that due to covid, they got out of dispensing them. Said too difficult to monitor & then disinfect the glasses on display. Makes sense if you think of it.

now have to find a place to fill the RX. Hate to order online without trying them on. Pearl vision messed up the mr’s orders twice in the past. Had a Family member recommend America’s Best ? a chain here I guess

release the thanksgiving memes

5486543B-2627-4836-B3C3-A334727C6D3D.jpeg

Ba ha ha. Turkey, Keisha.

Nothing like hearing the noise of a jack hammer near end of our driveway. Safe underground lines, yes please.

Good luck at eye exam, Julie. I have mine this week too. Yeah, understand no glasses to try on. May see if I can do that one where can do on your phone, no so much to order from them, but to get better idea of style I want. Contacts, have always ordered online. No issues there.

Ooh, donut enjoyed, now looking for something else. Baked bread with butter, Schumi’s bread baked, sounds perfect. Eh, I did make my own rolls sometimes, but but made already or to finish baking instead is most of bread we have in house. Speed is the need on most of my days. And not the time either. When I am done work, dinner requests start.

Tea. Yep, at least a 3 cup teapot. No tea dummy here. LoL

That’s my sorta cat lol

Yum, can’t remember last time I made non-quick bread without using bread maker Even if just skipping the steps for making dough To then finish off in oven

Good, Gotta keep those checks up! So many advances now. if they find pre-glaucoma early, it’s usually very treatable these days if you find a top notch provider

I was floored when I went for my 6 month check up/bi-annual glasses check & discovered, that due to covid, they got out of dispensing them. Said too difficult to monitor & then disinfect the glasses on display. Makes sense if you think of it.

now have to find a place to fill the RX. Hate to order online without trying them on. Pearl vision messed up the mr’s orders twice in the past. Had a Family member recommend America’s Best ? a chain here I guess

release the thanksgiving memes

View attachment 539905

Love those memes again!

That is the coolest chicken ever!

I had a breadmaker, actually I`m sure it`s still around somewhere.....but I don`t make bread that often and everyone preferred non breadmaker stuff. I should give it another try....

You just reminded me I`m due an eye test too....pretty sure my glasses are still ok, but always do the yearly test as my dad had glaucoma, so will always have the peepers checked regularly.

No one is even remotely hungry after the huge bowls of chicken noodle soup I made at lunch. Think I may freeze the beef and keep it for another day.

Pitch black here for the last half hour or so.....feels a little wintry today.

Hi all,

Hoping everyone is doing well. I'm behind again on keeping up with the thread.

All is going well here, aside from some disease flaring. I blame the quick temperature changes we've been having here.

Someone, (J, I think?) asked about my new med.... I haven't started it yet. The rheumatology pharmacist contacted me on Friday letting me know the prescription was sent to my insurance specialty pharmacy and I should be hearing from them. If I don't hear back today I will call tomorrow. They are supposed to go over co-pay, shipping and other info. I'm really hoping it's not going to be too much! Without insurance, one shot is over $2,000! My thyroid meds are already a lot so I'm a bit nervous about it. I don't have a thyroid due to Hashimoto's disease and it was removed 10 years ago. (yes, I have several autoimmune diseases) I should stop now before I get on my Big Pharma soapbox! LOL!

Finalized the Thanksgiving menu and we will be having the prime rib with a horseradish cream sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli, and pumpkin cheese cake for dessert. I'll make the cheesecake on Wednesday and everything else is good to go on Thursday. Only youngest and her boyfriend will be here. My other kids are/were/continue to be exposed to people with covid, so we're all playing it safe this holiday. Hoping Christmas will be better.

I found a new wine supplier who has my beloved Madeira in stock, so I ordered a bottle for Thanksgiving, along with another to try. The other online supplier hasn't had it for a few months. They're in NJ so not far shipping.

Speaking of NJ, the new restrictions by our governor/health dept. person have not made any sort of dent here that I can see in regards to out of state visitors. Still just as many NY and NJ plates all around us, as it usual is this time of year. I don't know what they thought they would accomplish by putting them in place, then to make exceptions for the commuters. Yesterday hubby and I went to Sam's (saw 9 empty skids of toilet paper, btw!) and there were a lot of NY plates in the parking lot. We're still doing our thing on keeping safe, so it doesn't bother me. Most of the spread is in houses this time around and we don't have anyone visiting.

Youngest dd is now starting one of her finals so I'll be getting off and moving to another room so she can have some quiet.

Hope the new medicine does not cost much, McK. Yep, with the virus still an issue, will be just us. Maybe by Christmas? Doesn’t matter. Being safe and healthy are some of the best gifts of all. And yeah, blank shelves, a lot more blank ones than I have seen in past weeks. Thankfully, got a refill of both papers a couple of weeks ago, so we should be good for a few more weeks.

Chicken patties were lunch, so not sure what dinner. Maybe pasta? Lunchtime walk was a bad hair, sunny, cool feeling one. 20 to 30 mph winds says the weather lady. I guess so. And that wind was making it feel even cooler. While having shades on, the sun was of no help keeping it any warmer.

Monday. Yep. Monday.

Lynne, did you see the governor put more restrictions out today? He's banning alcohol sales at bars and restaurants on Wednesday after 5 pm. ?? I think it's just for that day, since people go out the night before Thanksgiving. There were a few more too.

Ugh! Is it vacation time yet? Boss keeps coming up with more things she wants me to do before I leave. I need to leave written instructions on how to access my email. She can't seem to remember "click on email icon on computer desktop".

Came home to another issue. Last month we got a letter from our mortgage company stating that we didn't have homeowner's insurance. I contacted my insurance agent and he was going to send them proof that we did. I thought that was the end of it. Last week we got a second request. It said that if they didn't receive proof of insurance then we would have to pay out of pocket. I uploaded a copy of our policy to their website that same day. The next day I faxed them proof of insurance and proof that they had paid the premium out of our escrow account back in July. Today I received a letter stating that our insurance had been cancelled. I hit the roof. Thankfully I got someone on the phone quickly and they were able to determine that they did get my insurance information and everything had been updated. I don't need this stress.

I got new glasses back in July. My optician would let people try on frames, but they had to return them to a specific spot on the counter. The optician would disinfect the frames and put them back on display.

I have bi-focal, reactive etc etc.
I have progressive lenses. Makes me feel old.

Finalized the Thanksgiving menu and we will be having the prime rib with a horseradish cream sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli, and pumpkin cheese cake for dessert.
I have no idea what we are going to have aside from the drinks and desserts. I imagine it will be a traditional turkey dinner. Sometimes we have ham too, but I doubt we will this year since there will only be a few of us.

Dh is working late tonight, so I am on my own for dinner. Need to decide what to have.

Lynne, did you see the governor put more restrictions out today? He's banning alcohol sales at bars and restaurants on Wednesday after 5 pm. ?? I think it's just for that day, since people go out the night before Thanksgiving. There were a few more too.

Yep, and DH chimed in as I said such news, that all college kids wanted to go out drinking that night. I guess. Just means longer lines in the state store, and beer places. Sad, as the places selling alcohol, get more no sales time, that they most likely were banking on. Still have some of that coconut stuff, so may be doing it with some orange sherbet tonight. Yum.

Anyone want soup? Made chicken noodle soup again. Little one very happy. Older one said, soup? That’s for dinner? Eh, get any of the food little one won’t eat. Like hot dogs, grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, make a baked tater.

Enjoying my dessert drink, so what he ended up with, no known, as was not watching. DH finished up the soup. Did not make much, as needed just enough for a meal. Crackers in it, yep. Perfect on a dark Monday night. And used up leftovers of chicken, carrots, and a box of pasta.

Ah yes,
6A355A63-FB11-4680-97CB-0D53C1081012.jpeg

4616C576-93DA-40DD-A8E2-F013703B9ECC.jpeg
One of the Biggest drinking nights of year...all those thirsty college students already desperate to avoid family lol

Sorry, hope it all works out. those are some serious meds & prices to match!

Thankfully I got someone on the phone quickly and they were able to determine that they did get my insurance information and everything had been updated. I don't need this stress.
What a messy situation. You put that fire out nicely
The optician would disinfect the frames and put them back on display.
As good of system as any yet, I’m going to wait it out

Monday night- had to do some remote work today, both kids had schoolwork. Nice to have the condo and space to spread out - think even DH did some work! Made it to pool for a it for some sun, burgers on the grill. Did a grocery shop on Saturday with some planned meals in. College kid headed back to dorm tonight to pack up. She brought her laundry to condo lol. One of the reasons I like this particular resort is the full size laundry. After she left we did the mini golf and shuffle board - i :rotfl2:
And I have an eye appointment week after we get back- must be time of year :)

We didn’t stay super long at Universal yesterday. Was pretty busy but wait times definitely overstated. Almost snagged a VQ for Hagrids but disappeared before I could complete it-surprised to see it at all that late. 25 minutes posted for Forbidden Journey- we never stopped moving though the queue - the 25 minute included the locker visit before and after too. Stop at Honeydukes for the kids. Surprisingly we were only ones in the store until ready to check out. Guess everyone in line for Hagrids?
The new coaster is really moving along! Decided to head out after as we were tired.

Today I received a letter stating that our insurance had been cancelled.
We had that happen earlier this year! Are they trying to run a scam? Especially as when we called same thing- paid up out of escrow!

Pool time tomorrow, then dinner out as I have gift card to Bonefish- one right near condo.

Ugh! Is it vacation time yet? Boss keeps coming up with more things she wants me to do before I leave. I need to leave written instructions on how to access my email. She can't seem to remember "click on email icon on computer desktop".

Came home to another issue. Last month we got a letter from our mortgage company stating that we didn't have homeowner's insurance. I contacted my insurance agent and he was going to send them proof that we did. I thought that was the end of it. Last week we got a second request. It said that if they didn't receive proof of insurance then we would have to pay out of pocket. I uploaded a copy of our policy to their website that same day. The next day I faxed them proof of insurance and proof that they had paid the premium out of our escrow account back in July. Today I received a letter stating that our insurance had been cancelled. I hit the roof. Thankfully I got someone on the phone quickly and they were able to determine that they did get my insurance information and everything had been updated. I don't need this stress.

I got new glasses back in July. My optician would let people try on frames, but they had to return them to a specific spot on the counter. The optician would disinfect the frames and put them back on display.

I have progressive lenses. Makes me feel old.

I have no idea what we are going to have aside from the drinks and desserts. I imagine it will be a traditional turkey dinner. Sometimes we have ham too, but I doubt we will this year since there will only be a few of us.

Dh is working late tonight, so I am on my own for dinner. Need to decide what to have.

Goodness that is stressful! Glad you got it sorted out. Sometimes if you don`t get through to the right person when someone mucks up, it can be a real nightmare.

On three seperate occasions Tom went into the bank, many years ago, upshot was......the lady each time, looked aghast and told Tom he was supposed to be deceased :rotfl:

We were laughing by the second time, but the first time, it was a bit of a shock....lol....it took the third occasion to get through to the right person who believed him when he said he wasn`t in fact, dead.

Hope you had something nice for dinner last night.

Monday night- had to do some remote work today, both kids had schoolwork. Nice to have the condo and space to spread out - think even DH did some work! Made it to pool for a it for some sun, burgers on the grill. Did a grocery shop on Saturday with some planned meals in. College kid headed back to dorm tonight to pack up. She brought her laundry to condo lol. One of the reasons I like this particular resort is the full size laundry. After she left we did the mini golf and shuffle board - i :rotfl2:
And I have an eye appointment week after we get back- must be time of year :)

We didn’t stay super long at Universal yesterday. Was pretty busy but wait times definitely overstated. Almost snagged a VQ for Hagrids but disappeared before I could complete it-surprised to see it at all that late. 25 minutes posted for Forbidden Journey- we never stopped moving though the queue - the 25 minute included the locker visit before and after too. Stop at Honeydukes for the kids. Surprisingly we were only ones in the store until ready to check out. Guess everyone in line for Hagrids?
The new coaster is really moving along! Decided to head out after as we were tired.

We had that happen earlier this year! Are they trying to run a scam? Especially as when we called same thing- paid up out of escrow!

Pool time tomorrow, then dinner out as I have gift card to Bonefish- one right near condo.

Sounds like you`re having a lovely trip. Heard the parks were busy yesterday, I think this week will only get busier.

Enjoy Bonefish......and pool time!!

We bought a sausage meat from a different butcher a few weeks ago, so defrosted it last night to try it today in the hope we really like and we`ll get more for Christmas.....but need to get some leeks as we do like them through it. Sometimes we add bacon,cranberries or other things, but Tom said stick to the basics so we can taste the meat. That`s my only task for today

So will nip out this morning and have to go to the post office too. One of cousins in NY is 50 next week, so need to get her card sent off. I don`t go to the post office in our village anymore as the staff can be a little rude, I prefer the one in the next village, well it`s a town really. They are so much nicer and won`t take us long to do a detour.

Half the sky is sunny and bright and the other is thick black heavy looking clouds......no idea what the day will turn out like......

cv67-Th.gif

cv49-X2.jpg

cv94-XL.png

cv68-S.jpg

😉

Morning! Long school run this morning - utilities working on one of the country lanes I use so lane L’s school is on came to standstill. On returning to car a furniture delivery lorry had total gridlock so I returned long route home only to join main road at scene of a car accident.

Sat now with mug of tea before we return all Christmas storage boxes to the loft. Kev wants to wash the cars so I don’t think we will be going far.
Was beautiful first thing but clouded over.

No clarity as to how we will each come out of lockdown or Christmas arrangements yet despite waffle of prime minister last night. Proud to say Astra Zeneca/Oxford vaccine looking promising. I worked 33 years for them. Kev 25. My brother 40 years so you can see why. ICI when we started my Dad used to say I had ICI written through me like a stick of rock!

Hope the sausage meat is successful @schumigirl.

Good Morning Schumi and Julie. Both your weather sounds like will be raining some time today, if not already. We are at freezing temp now, but a full sunny day for us. Seems a clear sky overnight is nice to see sky, but a bigger drop in temps this time of year. Cool day, as predicted high is 48F. Will definitely be wearing a jacket on lunchtime walk.

Eek, that is very scary about Tom being listed as deceased, Schumi. Very glad it was straightened out. Hope your meat tastes as good or better than the the place you usually get it from. Sad to say, do not enjoy eating any kind of sausage.

Julie, yeah, with the weather still not too bad, many road construction around. Including on our street. Hope you enjoyed hot tea. I’m enjoying mine.

9F14CB01-9D19-4C31-A314-B5BD8CC9F247.jpegAnd so, with all this talk of food and drink, it’s a Tuesday. Taco Tuesday. The day Mac might be doing a Taco Bell run. Seems all were not enjoying that Taco Bell box, as saw new box available. Not sure either kid will like it. Will tell them to look it up, and maybe a Taco Bell run. Though maybe not today. Not a close Taco Bell, as would be icky by the time it got back home. That kinda food needs to be eaten quickly.

Thus, more food to be told. Waffle I spied last night, so waffle it is. Breakfast.

Terrific Taco Tuesday homies.

28FF5CEA-8893-4836-A281-96E3B983BC89.jpeg

DSs car acting up yet again. My big chance to be that 5:30 am road warrior again until the garage figures that mess out.

Want to make 6 pumpkin pies, 3 on tap today. Will make the rest tomorrow after the big boy is done in the oven. Thanksgiving proper will do the other two breasts & sides. Mr, who isn’t a big ham fan gave me a double take when I said I was skipping the ham. argh

This year, instead of having my kids come back for leftovers, going to hand them each a turkey breast & containers of the side dishes to eat at their leisure as they leave. Figure they’ll stay late as it is since football game is on late.

That = half-baked attempt at social distancing. Better than nothing.

Made it to pool for a it for some sun, burgers on the grill
Talk about living the dream, enjoy.
have gift card to Bonefish- one right near condo.
Near SW? I love that location, great service.
On three seperate occasions Tom went into the bank, many years ago, upshot was......the lady each time, looked aghast and told Tom he was supposed to be deceased :rotfl:
To paraphrase the great Mr Twain..the reports of his death were greatly exaggerated lol

It can be a real bugger to fix that though. Somebody reported to Social Security that my mother had passed, Nearly 15 years ago. I had to haul her over to local office as “proof” she was still kicking. Which she was, along with nearly screaming that they were wasting her time.

I don`t go to the post office in our village anymore as the staff can be a little rude, I prefer the one in the next village, well it`s a town really. They are so much nicer and won`t take us long to do a detour.
Is it a civil servant position there? Here, it seems that a large majority of those with that sort of life-time job security are more than a bit lax performing their duties all the way around

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter