Something About Nothing............ #14

I was awake way too early this morning. Up around 4:00. Tried getting back to sleep, but only dozed a little. Now I am debating if I want to go to the grocery before I go to work. I just need to pick up apples for my pie.

I have only made pumpkin pie once and yes, canned pumpkin was used. Today I will make a peanut butter and chocolate pie. Tomorrow I will make the apple pie.

I am hoping for a short day at work today. I have so much I need to get done at home. Last minute laundry before vacation, house cleaning, pie making, and packing. B comes home this afternoon too.

Sounds like a busy day, Charade. Hope it goes fast. At least will be quiet tomorrow morning.

Oh, cinnamon bun buttered and toasted in the pan. Oh yes! Breakfast was had. More tea, yep.

Morning all!
Getting ready to make my pumpkin cheesecake, which we will have instead of pumpkin pie. Just waiting for the cream cheese to come up to room temp.

Cold here! Brrrr! Had to pull out my long down coat to take the dogs out early this morning. We narrowly missed a skunk! Ugh! I saw it running in the neighbors yard and I quickly distracted the dogs because they would've definitely gone for it. There's a fence they can't get through, but it won't stop spray if the skunk decided to protect itself.
Never watched The Crown. I think it`s too dramatic, and the recent episides seem to be set to cause only ructions......but some wonderful actresses in it. I wonder what you`ll think of it though. Many enjoy it a lot......
i think you are probably right about The Crown - Em has watched them all and said the first two series were the best and supposedly more factual than later episodes.
I love the Crown.... well, the first two seasons at least. I just binged the 4th season on the weekend and it was definitely not my favorite. I don't like how they portrayed the royal family in this season. Not at all. I can see why people got so upset.

Well, off to make the cheesecake and then run to the store. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving if I don't get back on here. And you all can send me a piece of your delicious pies!

Take care with al you have to do @Charade67. Busy day for you.

We had a successful pre-Christmas grocery shop including some freezer items like frozen berries and gifts for teachers - lovely musical biscuit tins. Some dates still not quite what needed but plenty bought.

Also bought a lovely wicker robin with cyclamen in for the grave. Mum collected robins and loved them so seemed appropriate when we spotted it on our way out Em bobbed back and got it.

Tomato and basil soup for lunch and easy meal tonight so time for a sit down with coffee before anything else.

Sounds like a busy day, Charade. Hope it goes fast. At least will be quiet tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow morning is when I make the apple pie. I like to bring it over fresh out of the oven.

Getting ready to make my pumpkin cheesecake
Im not a big fan of pumpkin, but would probably have a piece of pumpkin cheesecake.

I decided to shop early before the stores got crazy this afternoon. Now I am 30 minutes early for work. I’m debating whether to go on it or sit in the car for awhile and play on my phone.

Phone play!

Oh got warning on my phone, time to pick up. Yay, will do that this afternoon.

I got a text from my sister, so I chatted with her a bit. Then texted a friend.
I think I am caught up at work. I’m going to see if my boss needs anything else. If not, I’m outta here.

Morning all!
Getting ready to make my pumpkin cheesecake, which we will have instead of pumpkin pie. Just waiting for the cream cheese to come up to room temp.

Cold here! Brrrr! Had to pull out my long down coat to take the dogs out early this morning. We narrowly missed a skunk! Ugh! I saw it running in the neighbors yard and I quickly distracted the dogs because they would've definitely gone for it. There's a fence they can't get through, but it won't stop spray if the skunk decided to protect itself.

I love the Crown.... well, the first two seasons at least. I just binged the 4th season on the weekend and it was definitely not my favorite. I don't like how they portrayed the royal family in this season. Not at all. I can see why people got so upset.

Well, off to make the cheesecake and then run to the store. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving if I don't get back on here. And you all can send me a piece of your delicious pies!

Yes, I think the recent series seems to be alarmingly inaccurate. Seems to just fuel old hatreds and alter alleged history. Not my cup of tea at all.

Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving too.......

Tomorrow morning is when I make the apple pie. I like to bring it over fresh out of the oven.

Im not a big fan of pumpkin, but would probably have a piece of pumpkin cheesecake.

I decided to shop early before the stores got crazy this afternoon. Now I am 30 minutes early for work. I’m debating whether to go on it or sit in the car for awhile and play on my phone.

I hope your daughter got home safely today...it`ll be nice for you and your husband to have her home.

I`m not a pumpkin fan either....but, maybe in a cheesecake I`d try it. We`re having apple pie tomorrow too.....it`s one of the ones we made back in the late summer with our own apples.....will make my own custard tomorrow and that`ll be dessert.

Have a lovely day and trip if I don`t catch you.......

Busy day today. But, was an excellent day for planning.

Dinner ended up being smoked salmon, shrimp in our Marie Rose sauce, a huge pile of little gem lettuce, arugula and Italian cherry tomatoes. With a huge glass of Malbec........

It is downright cold tonight. Kyle and gf are heading out stargazing with the telescope and camera, and will get some lovely pictures I`m sure as sky is crystal clear.

Thanksgiving for Americans tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful day whatever you`re doing......for us, grocery delivery in the early am, then planning a day of clearing some space for the trees and cooking our unusually small turkey. We keep the bigger turkeys for Christmas.

Good night all off to bed now for a read. Hope all your Thanksgiving prep successful.

Just had success obtaining tickets to Christmas at Chatsworth. You might remember the stately home where we walked in the summer. They dress it beautifully at Christmas and usually a big Christmas market but just the house this time. Kev not interested in the decorations so will walk Louie. Hadn’t booked until sure about rules so was struggling to find a time slot as only evening left which we did not want when finger slipped and strangely at the bottom were odd first opening slots so returned to a date when no school run and scrolled through to find just 2 tickets at opening so will be early start but lovely. Em and I both yelled at successful checkout!

Sounds lovely, Julie. So glad you got those tickets. Hope you had a nice evening, and have a sound sleep.

Yay, turned off alarm. No need for it, even though will most likely be awake early.

Time for tea and that darn puzzle.

Full from grilled cheeseburger, grilled tomatoes and carrots, and some potato salad. Almost sounds like a summer meal, but with a 60 degree day, just had to use the grill.

Keisha, hope the new pies went better today.

Went to an Asian bakery. Ooh the treats we bought home. Found out, not fond of red bean paste. But the bun it was in, was delicious. The rice balls look tasty, but I was full. Just more to snack on later.

So, since the holiday is so close now, a light to make sure those snack runs don’t include a stubbed toe:
4A07047F-4F05-4DB6-9CE3-CA19B223FA0B.jpeg

Good evening everyone. I managed to get out of work at 12:15 today. Ran a few errands, came home and tossed some clothes in the wash, and made a pie.

Went to our favorite Mexican place for dinner tonight. B mentioned that the chips would be better with queso. I asked her when she started eating queso. She decided to try some last week when her friends took her to dinner for her birthday. I’ve been trying to get her to try it for years.

I hope your daughter got home safely today...it`ll be nice for you and your husband to have her home.
Thanks. She made it home around 4:00 today. I think the cat is confused.

Just had success obtaining tickets to Christmas at Chatsworth. You might remember the stately home where we walked in the summer. They dress it beautifully at Christmas and usually a big Christmas market but just the house this time.
Oooh. Pictures please. I love looking at Christmas lights and decorations.

I think I’m going to have to pack a bit of everything for our trip. Here is the weather forecast for Gatlinburg right now. We are going to be there Tuesday evening through Saturday morning.

Looks like great weather for you, Charade. Great looking pie too.

Fading fast, as puzzle needs a break.

cv29-S.gif

cv100-S.gif

Happy Thanksgiving.........

Hope you have some nicer weather than us this morning......it`s dull, grey and downright chilly. Low 40`s today......

Planning some turkey for us too today......won`t be as fancy as a full on American Thanksgiving, but we`re joining in ::yes::.......I do have a gorgeous apple pie!

Waiting on grocery delivery coming this morning, then doing some deliveries for the housebound, won`t take long as we don`t really have too many this time, as to be honest there doesn`t seem to be the same will to lockdown this time.....stores are busy. BUt, although it`s over next week we are going to be sorted into tiers.....some places will have restaurants and pubs open and some won`t. We have two restaurants booked for the week before Christmas, so we`re hoping they`ll be open.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving.........

Happy Thanksgiving to all the US homies! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Beautiful autumn day here so Kev is heading out to garden and I’m walking Louie to the local pharmacy to collect a script before I do some housework and tasks.

Waiting quite anxiously to hear what tier we will be in next week - think about 11.30 announcement. Our areas R rate is now the lowest in the country but if we are lumped as the region that may have no affect on our tier.

Look forward to some food photos later from you!

Happy Thanksgiving!! Quick stop to say hello. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. My whirlwind day begins now. Cooking now then off to husband's family meal at noon, then back home to prepare for my family to come over. I will drive separately so I can leave early from DH's family dinner. I am putting my turkey in the roaster before we leave so that's my excuse to leave early, Lol!

It was pouring this morning but it is supposed to be cleared up by noon.

Off to make my pumpkin cheesecake cake now....and have a cup of coffee.

The one day of the year I can eat pumpkin pie doused in reddi whip for breakfast and feel patriotic doing it lol44FB97B4-EA1E-4F2D-98A3-2A5B03BF30D3.jpeg

DBC97FC5-27A2-4527-AFD5-A507D9536CFA.jpeg

Just had success obtaining tickets to Christmas at Chatsworth. You might remember the stately home where we walked in the summer. They dress it beautifully at Christmas and usually a big Christmas market but just the house this time
Nice, they are only doing online touring of similar mansion/county park here this year.

saw yesterday they decided to have a limited, reservation drive in & park your vehicle laser/Xmas light something or other at a further away park.

Haven’t quite figured that out, but happy to find something & grab a spot before it rapidly sold out. People are starved for things to do, safely

Keisha, hope the new pies went better today.
Not hard to break that bar lol, but yes they did

Ran a few errands, came home and tossed some clothes in the wash, and made a pie.
Yum
Thanks.
Im a little concerned about the potential snow next week.
on a positive note, that area would look lovely dusted with a light snow

Planning some turkey for us too today......won`t be as fancy as a full on American Thanksgiving, but we`re joining in ::yes::.......I do have a gorgeous apple pie!
Any excuse to celebrate & break the monotony is a good thing
Happy Thanksgiving to all the US homies! Hope you have a wonderful day.
Thank you. For many of us the holiday & football go hand in hand. My team (Pittsburgh) vs our arch rivals (Baltimore Ravens) was set for a big match up in late game today. Them dirty birdies :rolleyes1failed covid protocols yesterday & it’s cancelled.

Many of us take football (not to be confused with futbol/soccer) quite seriously here, from pee-wee up to the NFL.

Ala the SANS all are welcome to join the Steeler Nation! I dubbed Carole an official fan years ago :banana:(to her credit, she did her best to feign interest in the game that was playing on the tube in the bar:rotfl:)

Last edited:

Woke up a little earlier than I wanted to today. I'm just being lazy until it is time to make the apple pie.

I started looking at things to do in Atlanta and we have decided to do some of the typical tourist things - The zoo, aquarium, and world of Coca Cola. There was one other thing I saw and hesitated mentioning it, but I know it would make dh happy, so.......it looks like we will also visit the college football hall of fame.

I bought dh's last Christmas gift this morning, I'm glad I waited. I saved almost $70, and got free shipping. Now if B would just give me some ideas.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter