• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Realfood, once I am up, I stay up into bed time
Never able to get back to sleep until bedtime tonight.
I’m not a nap person.

i move slowly on days I am tired and take it easy.

I do have somethings I can do in the house such as tidy it up and do a few loads of laundry.

I have a book I want to read so once I get the house tidy, will read later today.

Sounds a relaxing day ahead.......

I need a new book to grab me right now......I may go look and see the one`s I`ve got if I fancy one or go buy some new books......would love to start our book group up again, but so many aren`t keen yet......

turkey, brie and cranberry grilled sandwiches for lunch......coming right up.....

Hehe, Mac’s an early doing the wash person too, though I assume, not by choice this morning. LoL

Yep, :wave2: a hello to the early crew, even though for some of us, it’s already the afternoon.

I hate that Real, all ready to make a meal, and oops, don’t have that ingredient. But, change of meal choice, I do that often. LoL. I think I have a steak left, so hoping if the weather stays as sunny as right now, will ask DH to fire up the grill. For some reason, the grocery trips the kids did, did not include a chicken purchase. Guess that will be on the list for this weekend’s grocery trips. That protein is one we use routinely.

Abd not only did Schumi get me at bacon, nice sounding lunch too.

And so, a what for breakfast for me. Off to forage.

Early evening here.

Lovely surprise as my son turned up unexpectedly this afternoon (with grandpug Ted). Perhaps he wished he hadn’t as we asked him to help get a sofa up to J’s bedroom from the playroom! They have just decided to cancel their third holiday since lockdown started and I really feel for them. He works very hard and long hours and deserves a break.

Enchiladas for everyone else tonight but Tuna salad for me. Trying to keep healthy so just taking a step back from some of the family meals.

Em came back from the no waste food group with two bags of fruit and veg including pineapple, mango, cherries and strawberries so a nice mix for dessert as all needs to be eaten fairly quickly.

@macraven hope your day was a quiet one and you have a better night tonight.

@schumigirl lovely to spend time with the puppy - I love the smell of puppies!

@Charade67 don’t forget a photo or two!

@Lynne G nearly weekend!

Aww, nice to see Poppy again, Schumi.

Real, nice to have a visit from son and his pug. Cute dog, and I feel for those having to cancel trips, I have cancelled 2 so far.

Aww, another grilled cheese for today’s lunch, and added some potato chips, for some extra crunch. And a pickle, as little one’s shopping trips did include 2 jars of them.

Still bright out, but the weather lady at lunchtime today, said still very humid, yes my lunchtime walk was sticky warm, and storms will be here late afternoon into evening. Eh, as long as I can use the grill for dinner, steaks are always tasty grilled.

Ah, need more tea. Hope all is going well, homies.

Hey all, clocked in my 4 hours at gymnastics duty. Naturally, shopped while out in that area to kill time. Doing a good job grabbing some back to school clothes for the kid at the outlets there.

Hot, but determined to roast some chicken breasts, make mashed taters & Garvey & something green TBD. Then off to last regular season softball game of the summer @ 4:30 pm.

Had to comment on those pickle flavored nuggets. Doubt my chicken nugget connoisseur would eat them. Though she loves a good kosher dill pickle.
If life ever gets back to normal, SAMS snack bar here sold them if you wanted to get a taste
Keisha....I went to look back to see what colour crocs you were wearing on our HHN where we all met up......you weren`t wearing them.....looked at our last dinner.....nope......lol.........just me then!!! I convinced myself you had them on!
Hmm, that was before we did a HHN. I’m guessing I had on keen sandals (most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn, picked up another pair in more attractive color) or tennies.
After hearing some of the loudest thunder. I am now in a yellow radar blob:
View attachment 517874

Soaking shower anyone? Rain loser I am. LoL
Ooh, looks so green & lush. Drought conditions here
Wish we could get a soaking rain!

Let’s trade.....
I’ll give you sunshine and heat and you give me rain.
Sounds like a good deal all the way around lol
Good afternoon. Quiet day today. I've started packing my bag for our trip to Busch Gardens, I think we are going to get rained on though. The forecast doesn't look promising, but we are going to go anyway.
Have fun, dodge those rain drops
Wow. I don't think I ever got higher than a couple of inches.
I’m sure your feet are thanking you
If our power goes out, I’m toast.
I’d get in my car & keep driving till i found an AC mall
she hates she was spotted having a bacon sandwich in a cafe in town several years ago after being a preachy vegan for years......lol......she does have a good point though.....I`m sure.....
Hehe love it
Mac’s an early doing the wash person too, though I assume, not by choice this morning. LoL
Don’t think i’ve Ever started a wash much later than mid-am. Makes my house too hot in the summer
[

You know you forget how hot it is outside until you decide to make a quick run to Publix.

Didn’t see anything in my fridge or
pantry to fix for dinner tonight so went to Publix a bit ago.

Geez Louise, it’s in the 90’s and humid.

Picked up a few frozen dinners and of course a slice of their carrot cake.....for some reason I found two in the bag when I carried the bag into the house.....lol
(and cat food.)

I’m good for now.

Hope the homies are having a good day.
Keisha got to go shopping, charade gets to travel to BG,
Lynne got her power walk in before the rain, realfeel got
her boy back and put him to work moving furniture,
Schumi is on a book hunt, ....

I would scroll back a page to include everyone here but fear I will lose all that I have just written.

i am not an expert using an iPhone or I would say something to all if I could go back a page and reread who posted what.

Hi Everyone,

Quick stop in to say hello and catch up on posts. The pages add up if you miss a few days. Lol. Not much going on. I am at work today. May come in tomorrow to help out since our mail in ballot requests have drastically increased.

No plans for the weekend. DH was invited by a friend to go on a charter boat fishing trip Monday so he may go down to Hatteras and spend the night with them on Sunday. I hope he gets to go, they have had to cancel this trip a couple of times.

If the weather holds out we have some t-bones that I need to cook or put in the freezer so that will be what's for dinner if we can grill out.

Thanks for the well wishes for my nephew. He is doing well. Third covid test came back negative, so they are thinking it's myocarditis from a viral infection from vaping, not covid. More testing and treatments to come.
My other nephew is 26 and has special needs, so we were extra nervous about the family getting covid and how to help them. It's just my BIL and the two boys and major issues take some extra figuring out.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

I wear a couple different styles of the sandals ranging from flat ‘cleos’ up to the wedge ‘patricia’ You’d be hard-pressed to know they were crocs at first glance. IMO they are dressier than flip flops, certainly offer a ton more of support. Best difference, you don’t get that annoying ‘clack-clack’ sound when wearing them.

I have never worn classic crocs but I have owned the canvas slip ons and loved them.

Good evening. Today went better than expected. I had to own up to a huge mistake I made at work. I must have been more worried about it than I realized. Last night I dreamed I was looking for another job.

Glad it turned out okay.

Quick good morning post before I have to leave for work. I'm leaving at noon, then B an I will have lunch then head over to Busch Gardens. I'm hoping the rain isn't too bad.

Have fun! I hope you are able to enjoy the rides and avoid the rain.

@Lynne G i don’t know why I didn’t! Realfoodfans was my Instagram and blog name when I did a lot of social media around the food festivals and markets at the time I set up this account! Not been to our beef butcher for a few weeks - need to go next week for some steaks!

Quick good morning post before I have to leave for work. I'm leaving at noon, then B an I will have lunch then head over to Busch Gardens. I'm hoping the rain isn't too bad.

Since we were taking about leftys the other day...

View attachment 518061

Have a fabulous trip Charade.........

Aww, nice to see Poppy again, Schumi.

Real, nice to have a visit from son and his pug. Cute dog, and I feel for those having to cancel trips, I have cancelled 2 so far.

Aww, another grilled cheese for today’s lunch, and added some potato chips, for some extra crunch. And a pickle, as little one’s shopping trips did include 2 jars of them.

Still bright out, but the weather lady at lunchtime today, said still very humid, yes my lunchtime walk was sticky warm, and storms will be here late afternoon into evening. Eh, as long as I can use the grill for dinner, steaks are always tasty grilled.

Ah, need more tea. Hope all is going well, homies.

Grilled cheese is always a hit.......when I was a child we had it for tea on a Sunday instead of dinner as we had Sunday lunch which was always a roast dinner.....we called it toasted cheese......felt like a treat back then......lol.....easily pleased!!

Steaks are always good cooked correctly...... :thumbsup2 And you know I love a good cup of tea.........

Hey all, clocked in my 4 hours at gymnastics duty. Naturally, shopped while out in that area to kill time. Doing a good job grabbing some back to school clothes for the kid at the outlets there.

Hot, but determined to roast some chicken breasts, make mashed taters & Garvey & something green TBD. Then off to last regular season softball game of the summer @ 4:30 pm.

If life ever gets back to normal, SAMS snack bar here sold them if you wanted to get a taste

Hmm, that was before we did a HHN. I’m guessing I had on keen sandals (most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn, picked up another pair in more attractive color) or tennies.

Ooh, looks so green & lush. Drought conditions here

Sounds like a good deal all the way around lol

Have fun, dodge those rain drops

I’m sure your feet are thanking you

I’d get in my car & keep driving till i found an AC mall

Hehe love it

Don’t think i’ve Ever started a wash much later than mid-am. Makes my house too hot in the summer
[

Dinner sounds good as always from your kitchen Janet......and yes, it was the night before HHN when we got the guy near Simpsons to take some pictures of the five of us.......that was such a long time ago now!!! Yes, it was Keens you had on.....I was sure it was Croc Patricia`s you had on......

Oh you would love the vegan!!!! For all the wrong reasons......lol.....I can just :rotfl:see your face as she begins her tirade against the world......

Enjoy the game.......

You know you forget how hot it is outside until you decide to make a quick run to Publix.

Didn’t see anything in my fridge or
pantry to fix for dinner tonight so went to Publix a bit ago.

Geez Louise, it’s in the 90’s and humid.

Picked up a few frozen dinners and of course a slice of their carrot cake.....for some reason I found two in the bag when I carried the bag into the house.....lol
(and cat food.)

I’m good for now.

Hope the homies are having a good day.
Keisha got to go shopping, charade gets to travel to BG,
Lynne got her power walk in before the rain, realfeel got
her boy back and put him to work moving furniture,
Schumi is on a book hunt, ....

I would scroll back a page to include everyone here but fear I will lose all that I have just written.

i am not an expert using an iPhone or I would say something to all if I could go back a page and reread who posted what.

I have so many shelves of books I could be a library.....but, ended up picking up an Elizabeth David book. She is a British cookery writer who writes a lot about
Mediterranean Food, but her descriptions of the places she has visited and writes about are so evocative and descriptive you can get lost in them.

Cat food and cake......you`re sorted........:thumbsup2 I like Publix........Dutch Apple Pie......mmmmmm......

@macraven @Lynne G @keishashadow all homies should I tell you my “real” name is Julie - typing realfoodfans is a pain! x

Julie is easier to type out.......:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone,

Quick stop in to say hello and catch up on posts. The pages add up if you miss a few days. Lol. Not much going on. I am at work today. May come in tomorrow to help out since our mail in ballot requests have drastically increased.

No plans for the weekend. DH was invited by a friend to go on a charter boat fishing trip Monday so he may go down to Hatteras and spend the night with them on Sunday. I hope he gets to go, they have had to cancel this trip a couple of times.

If the weather holds out we have some t-bones that I need to cook or put in the freezer so that will be what's for dinner if we can grill out.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

I have never worn classic crocs but I have owned the canvas slip ons and loved them.

Glad it turned out okay.

Have fun! I hope you are able to enjoy the rides and avoid the rain.

Hey cam......good to see you......oh yes, hope the trip for DH goes ahead....yes, so many have lost trips this year, such a shame......

Classic crocs are dreadful....nothing redeeming about them at all.......but the "fancy" ones as Keish and I describe them, are incredibly comfy and don`t look too bad at all......

Enjoy them T-Bones!!!!

Made chicken piccata tonight for us....no capers ala Keisha style......it was lovely. Not for Kyle though, he`s not a fan of lemony things.....he had chicken and I made him up a pepper sauce instead. Now I need cream.

Slightly misty tonight and lightning forecast for the morning.......will wait and see......still hot and humid tonight but feels a little cooler......

Had a small pink gin with lemonade tonight........Tom had a beer....corona......

Will wait and see what the weather is tomorrow before we make any plans......no idea what that will be though.....

Although I do know what`s for dinner tomorrow night.....making chicken and chorizo mac n cheese.......special request from Tom, one of his favourites....think Kyle is out to dinner so just us......

And another wine delivery tomorrow between 4 and 4.42pm.....how precise..........need to keep the stock high.....::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter