Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Morning SANS peeps, wow so much to catch up on....

Our city just enacted massive restrictions including curfew from 8 pm to 6 am, police are patrolling and will pull people over if you have more than 4 people in the car, prohibits any gathering of 4 or more people (excluding immediate family), all individuals must stay at least 6 feet from another at all times.

Wow, that is probably the strictest I have seen but it sounds like it is needed in your area.

I know it's going to get worse, and we're only starting to see the bad... but it's scary. I appreciate and covet your prayers. Sorry to be a downer, but this is no joke here. Hubby is on the phone right now with an employee who is in quarantine because he was exposed and he's spiking a fever. The poor man is afraid.

Lifting you and everyone else in prayer. Don't worry about being a downer. We are all in this together. We all need an outlet to vent and this is a good and understanding group of folks so vent away.

Last night I lost my mind and decided to cook a nicer dinner than usual. We had a turkey breast, sweet potato casserole, and green bean “crack”. I have also heard it called smothered green beans. We have plenty of leftovers for lunch today. One thing I have learned during this virus is that I don’t have nearly enough storage space. When this is all over we are going to invest in a small freezer and a couple of nice wooden pantries. I have one pantry now, but it’s one of those pre fab things that we had to assemble ourselves. The next ones will come from our local wood furniture store.

Sounds delicious! That is a great idea. I really wanted to make bread yesterday but just couldn't get the motivation, especially seeing how much weight I have put on through this. I did make some pie crust but did not make the pie yet. I will probably do that tonight. DH, who has never had much of a sweet tooth but is developing one :) He has great metabolism and has to walk a country mile from his parking space to his office so he gets his exercise.

The other brother lost my aunt a year or so ago, so is in his own too, comes on a different day for breakfast and spends the morning with her. But, they have been avoiding each other since all this began with adjusting to phone calls. They understand it’s the right thing to do.

That is so sweet that she and her brothers have such a close relationship and are physically close as well. It is really great she has so much family close to her in such trying times.

My stepmom died Thursday morning of coved 19. We can’t even go and comfort my 83 old father. He is in 14 day isolation.

Oh Robo, I am so sorry to read about the loss of your step-mother. My heart goes out to you and your family through this unimaginable time.

Good evening. I have had a mostly lazy weekend. Yesterday I woke up with a headache and then something I ate for lunch didn't agree with me, so I was pretty useless all of yesterday.

I hope you are feeling better today. Sick stomach on top of a headache is a terrible way to spend your day.

The Queen was magnificent, tempered and calm as she always is, and most folks appreciated her words. Yes, Boris is in hospital. He had looked dreadful last few days anytime he appeared at meets through his ipad….so maybe best place for him. Yes, his partner is pregnant, so very worrying. And some nasty comments online about him....unbelievable.

I watched her speech as well and it was a fantastic speech.
I am sorry to hear of the PM's hospitalization and pray for a full and speedy recovery.

I had a nice relaxing weekend. I had the house to myself for the first time in I can't remember how long. My nephew took DH and DS turkey hunting both Saturday and Sunday. It was a youth weekend so adults were just there for the guidance, only kids can do the actual hunting. DS bagged his first wild turkey. I don't know much about wild turkeys (or hunting for that matter) but it was a nice one, 22 lbs I think. Personally, I root for the animal but I was happy for my DS and he was very excited about it...and I was just glad he was in the woods and not playing video games. Since it was only the three of them it was a good activity to do outside without having to worry about Coronavirus.

Did a little yardwork yesterday, cut the grass and weeded a little. DH and the neighbor trimmed one of our trees that hangs over into the neighbors yard. Neighbor is happy and it brightened our yard up by letting a little more sun in the yard. I bought some plants last week but I haven't planted them yet. Maybe tomorrow since it is my day off.

I am trying to stay home as much as possible. I did go out Friday to stock up on essentials. I don't see a need to go out much this week other than maybe a take out in the middle of the week.

We had steaks for dinner last night. I had an extra one in the pack, so I cooked my mom dinner last night. She lives on the next street over, so she came over and had curbside take out at my house for dinner :) She is 74 and a smoker . High risk to say the least so we are being extra careful with her.

I am not mask wearer yet, but I see more and more people with them on. When I went out Friday, I'd say half of the people I saw were wearing them. I did buy a sewing machine last year during the Amazon Christmas in July sale but I have yet to use it. If I get real bored, I may attempt to make some masks with it. I haven't sewed on a machine since middle school. Thank goodness for Youtube because I am going to need some video instruction:)

Lovely day today and hopefully the remainder of the week. 60's today and 70's tomorrow. Everyone have a great day.

2/3rds of grocery order better than none. Managed to grab another time slot on Friday at another store at least. Funny what floats your boat these days lol
QUOTE="tink1957, post: 61751091, member: 195305"]
Keisha...same thing happened with my daughter's Target order. They shipped a vacuum cleaner with the Easter candy and no packing at all ...the chocolate bunnies were beheaded. They replaced them with no trouble. I don't understand why they ship this stuff with no padding whatsoever.
[/QUOTE]
Short staffed or inexperienced I’m guessing
At dinner we started talking about Disney, so I found my pictures from my very first Disney trip and showed them to B. That was back in 1989 shortly after MGM Studios opened.
Dinner was take out Chinese. I was surprised at how many people were there getting food.
That’s nice to revisit the memories. No Chinese restaurants doing business here right now
used to do shipping for a department store. I think the problem Target is having is the employees are rushing through orders and not doing the packaging properly. I can understand that they are probably swamped with orders right now, but they still need to take care with the packaging.
Fine line to walk. I’m just happy they are still shipping
You think Target would have been more carefully packing items. Nice they did correctly sent replacements, though. I find Amazon does a good job of shipping items. I usually have tons of packing stuff from them with my food orders.
Had never done a food order w them in past. It was weird to just see stuff floating around no packing materials
Checking in ... and with an apology in advance if my posts are negative or downers. This whole thing is very crazy here, and I know not everyone is experiencing the same so it might seem weird or hard to believe. So I'm sorry, and I appreciate being able to have a place I can tell of my experiences, even if they are not positive right now. I'm not normally like this and my life is not normally like this. Our cases are rising by at least 100 people each day in my city and we're now around 700 according to our mayor. It's so strange to be watching this and trying to keep my loved ones safe.
It’s a lot to process. You seem to be in the real thick of it. Ugh
We cleaned the yard today and raked leaves out of the garden. My greenhouse is out and ready to get put up. Not sure where or when I'll get seeds or starters, but hopefully soon. We're making the garden bigger this year, which is exciting.
I didn't find any poison ivy yet... which is good. But we always get it in one spot every year. I got it really bad a few years ago and I don't want a repeat of it. I can usually spot it a mile away, but it's harder this time of year when the leaves haven't started growing. I always wear gloves though.
For once I’m glad that my mr has bulk of his supplies in place by mid January. The LED Grow lights & heating pads are engaged one of the basements. Thus far I think just cucumbers starting to sprout. Mid April planting for tomato’s too early and they get weirdly spindly
I guess I’m the only homie that watched Walking Dead tonight
Oh no u weren’t have yet to tick of talking dead tho
This is your home just as much as it is for all of us.
What all are going through is new territory for everyone.
You bet it is scary as this virus is a new thing world wide, but many brilliant people are working on solutions.
Top notch people who don’t need to waste their minds & time wading thru the muck out there

encouraging to hear of the different vaccines both in early trials & those next up to bat

What kind of lame brain would have such a short time period on the books for staying home
Most states have a 30 day set up for staying home for the most part
An elected one who is pandering to the king makers that got him elected

if he is truly on the up & up as to ignorance...as my southern bred friends tend to say...bless his heart

Personally, I root for the animal but I was happy for my DS and he was very excited about it...and I was just glad he was in the woods and not playing video games. Since it was only the three of them it was a good activity to do outside without having to worry about Coronavirus.
I’m a rooter too but ur DS May have just learned a very valuable skill in these times

Not a fan of hunting, but after going to school in the rural part of our state, I can understand. Deer hunting was popular at my school, and almost shockingly at one hunt I was on, got a deer, that when taken to the butcher, I offered it to a local family, as they were so happy to stock their freezer for the winter. I am not a fan of wild meat, and wouldn’t even eat the venison chili my friend made.

Nice sunny day, as the rest of the week, will be stormy and cool.

Yay, Keisha got most of her order.

Thinking burgers for dinner. Soup for lunch, to finish it up.

Hi everyone there has been a lot going on so I haven't been able to go through everything since my last time on. I hope to start fresh from here.

It is a nice day out today and Brian and I took a walk for a bit. I am tired and a little sore and have to ease back into things. Liv has been not feeling well and between her not wanting to go to work due to her anxiety and not feeling good it has been a lot. I am trying to keep her calm but I totally understand how she feels. She called out sick yesterday and is giving up some shifts. Brian is going to try and make her a bette mask so she feels safer, at this point I understand and am being supportive. I really hope she can hang in there because the pay is good and there are so many people losing their jobs. Charlie is doing okay.

We are going to make chicken teriyaki sauce, chicken macaroni salad and vegetable tonight with some TV.

I have to run for now I hope everyone is doing okay through this mess. It's okay to share here that is what family is for!

Robo I do want to send my condolences on your step mother. I hope that your dad is okay and everyone has some peace with good memories. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Well, I survived the day without doing any physical harm to my boss' husband. He has been posting her claim checks long before I started working there. I don't know why he has suddenly "forgotten" how to do it.

No word on my neighbor's test yet. She seems to be doing very well though. Tonight the whole family was in their backyard making smores at a firepit. Under normal circumstances they would have invited us over. 😢

Feel bad, the mr had a crown fall off today when chomping on a piece of candy. Handed him the tube of fixident but he just put it on shelf.
Oh no. Dh says he "broke" a tooth today. He has an appointment with the dentist tomorrow.

Our governor is saying we are just about approaching the apex...so we will see. And in we had a decrease in the death rate over the past 24 hours. Small steps, but at least moving in the right direction.
Praying that it continues to decrease.

What kind of lame brain would have such a short time period on the books for staying home
Most states have a 30 day set up for staying home for the most part
Our order is in place until June 10, I think. It looks like my trip to GA is postponed.

Mr Mac has been under the weather and his sleeping time is opposite of mine.
Hope he feels better soon.

I hope you are feeling better today. Sick stomach on top of a headache is a terrible way to spend your day.
Thanks. I was feeling much better by the end of the day.

Weird randon question - those you you who see a medical professional who is part of a group, do you know the name of the group practice in addition to your doctor's name? (For example, Acme Medical Group or Smiles family Dentistry) I'll explain later.

I do, I always say the name of the practice, then say who I like to have. Interesting, Charade.

Chilling now, and earlier today talked to all my siblings. Placed mom in hospice, so only a matter of time, a day or two I hope. Sadly, no visitors. But the doctor kindly let us call so she could hear us, even if I don’t think she was conscious. Thank goodness my family was home with me. I was dating my DH when my father had passed away. He told me then, all those years ago, that I would never be alone. He’s been here for me now, as my DH for almost 30 years. Was hard when my dad passed, I’m a lot older, but when mom passes it will hurt just as much.

Hope all have a quiet night. And for some of us, look at the moon rising from the East later in the evening tomorrow. Should be pink. Neat, now only if I can stay up that late, and hope the rainy day tomorrow will have clear enough nighttime skies.

Lynne I am so sorry for you and your family.
I will keep you in my thoughts. Losing your parents anytime in your life will always be hard.:hug:

It’s tough to lose a parent
I went thru that a few years ago for my mom and dad In different years

I kept them with me until I was able to make arrangements to have them buried in Bushnel
In Florida
So they were in a sealed urn for a year with me while I lived in Chicago

I drove to their burial site twice since I put them there
They are at peace with this as before death, they told me thru wanted to be interned in Florida that had a military unit

Lynne, so very sorry to hear about your mum.

I hope she has comfort in her final days. Hugs to you and your family.

Thanks everyone. :grouphug: Losing family is never easy. I am at peace with it, and my siblings are tight when push comes to shove. I am lucky, I have a large family to lean on, and so many friends to do so, too. Mac, I remember your parental units passings, and know you took such good care of them.

And today is a Tuesday, and Taco Bell is still open, so order a taco or two and enjoy this Tuesday. Plus, Mac will be most likely doing her Taco Bell run, so get your orders in, if in around her area.

F785572E-F779-475D-B3E3-087676F64027.jpeg
49166B0B-473D-4860-BAA0-E49588C7A12E.gif

Yep, may all the homies have a good morning, and happy Tuesday.

So sorry, Robo and Lynne. Things are stressful enough without having to deal with loss as well.

Ah, Schumi might have had some for ya Mac. Here, boring oatmeal. But hoping little one makes me some coffee. Tea was lovely, but hey coffee I do too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter