Something About Nothing............ #14

Kfish’s sister was also in our first group.
Kfish joined in during her college years.

You have a great memory Mac!

@Robo56 I am so sorry for your loss.

This whole thing is just so awful.

I braved Walmart Neighborhood Market on Friday. It was not so bad, but my sister and I went armed with gloves, masks, sanitizer and antibacterial wipes. We were in and out so fast. Trying to make as few trips as possible. But with fours kiddos, I need to stock up on the fresh stuff consistently.

hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Kfish, I also remember the bunk beds and when you had the dental extraction/ wisdom teeth

Ga just started the shelter in Friday night so until word gets around, we will see changes then.

In my county with the shelter in, some parks will allow peeps to be there so they can walk, bike, exercise outdoors, etc but not in large numbers

And also allowed to go to grocery stores, etc
IDk - depends on how its implemented - Lowes is open and so its Garden center - I guess planting vegetable plants might be essential.
Id like to get mine in soon - but I also dont want to go and put the people who have to work at Lowe's at risk

For some reason in MA bike shops are open - but other things I might consider more essential are not.

Robbie, I am so sorry to hear of your stepmother‘s death!

How awful, and not being able to comfort relatives is truly dreadful and we are seeing that over here too.

I hope your dad gets through his quarantine safely and sending you many hugs.......:hug:

Keisha.......we’re expecting the opposite here with flight prices.....everything is suggesting our flight prices will go through the roof and many are worried they won’t be able to afford to fly anymore. Hope you do get a few bargains though......

And yes, your mister is a keeper.......anyone who buys you anchovies.....is a treasure!!!

Vicki.......yes, whole families out shopping is being actively discouraged here. Only one where possible. And again today we are seeing images of folks out gathering and enjoying the sunshine instead of staying home.......not sure what part of staying home they aren‘t understanding. It’s a shame you have to deal with folks like that.......

We will be watching The Queen tonight who is rather unusually appearing to make a statement to the nation tonight. Usually only Christmas, and times of trouble. So, will watch her as we have a lot of time for the Queen.

Going to start preparing stuff for Tom to grill in a little while.....it’s early yet, but hungry already. Going to make up a little antipasti plate for us meanwhile......still breezy, but it’ll be fine.......

Hope all are good.......

So...has anybody watched the war of the worlds series? Taped a bunch of them today, free preview weekend :). May start it tonight pre TWD

Carole just saw clip of queen on tube. Didn’t know Boris was hospitalized. His mrs is pregnant? Hope she’s ok, cannot imagine having that worry.
bringing their kids and family to the garden center instead of staying home to keep them safe
Yes, thinking it’s entertainment. Neighbors behind us moved in a year ago. 2 little boys, perhaps 2 & 3 y.o. Never really saw them much. Willing to venture mom & dad are in way over their heads on this whole 24-7 thing with them lolololol. The screaming & crying in the backyard is something awful. Not just the kids:)
Ha, Keisha’s in a cooking mood, even if not being able to eat much. Hope you get the teeth issue fixed soon, so you can eat normally. Yeah, some businesses are better about refunds and changes than others. I have been trying to get a pick up time for the closest grocery store, but nary a time for all this week. Hope your large order gets all filled. Did one from Target and within notice of ready, said one item sold out. Yeah, guess this will continue for some time too.
Yes, I tend to cook or clean when stressed. Lasagne went down well.

Feel bad, the mr had a crown fall off today when chomping on a piece of candy. Handed him the tube of fixident but he just put it on shelf.

Had a target order shipped yesterday, dog food & easter candy. They put it in same large box for some reason. Two of the bags of reese’s Mini cups were open, some of the candy out of the wrappers ugh Took a quick pic of that mess & they had a replacement order shipped within an hour. Nice service.

Keisha...same thing happened with my daughter's Target order. They shipped a vacuum cleaner with the Easter candy and no packing at all ...the chocolate bunnies were beheaded. They replaced them with no trouble. I don't understand why they ship this stuff with no padding whatsoever.

Good evening. I have had a mostly lazy weekend. Yesterday I woke up with a headache and then something I ate for lunch didn't agree with me, so I was pretty useless all of yesterday. Today was a little less lazy. I did some cleaning and then sewed some patches on a denim vest for dh. I thought I was done sewing patches when B finished Girl Scouts.
At dinner we started talking about Disney, so I found my pictures from my very first Disney trip and showed them to B. That was back in 1989 shortly after MGM Studios opened.
Dinner was take out Chinese. I was surprised at how many people were there getting food.

So far, when I've been out, most people seem to be following the social distancing rules, but I have't been out much outside of work. One of our local news stations posted on Facebook reminding everyone that only one person from a family should do the shopping. They were immediately attacked in the comments by people sayin's what about single parents, what about people who are disabled, etc. Many people, including the news station, posted that they understood that there would be some exceptions to this, but people kept complaining anyway.

I used to do shipping for a department store. I think the problem Target is having is the employees are rushing through orders and not doing the packaging properly. I can understand that they are probably swamped with orders right now, but they still need to take care with the packaging.

Wondering what fun awaits me at work tomorrow.

You think Target would have been more carefully packing items. Nice they did correctly sent replacements, though. I find Amazon does a good job of shipping items. I usually have tons of packing stuff from them with my food orders.

Fading fast, so I’m with Charade, as will see what fun I will have tomorrow, as the work week starts. Thinking of making it a short week, by having a long 3 day weekend for . Though this staying at home is odd and getting used to it at the same time.

nighty night homies.

Checking in ... and with an apology in advance if my posts are negative or downers. This whole thing is very crazy here, and I know not everyone is experiencing the same so it might seem weird or hard to believe. So I'm sorry, and I appreciate being able to have a place I can tell of my experiences, even if they are not positive right now. I'm not normally like this and my life is not normally like this. Our cases are rising by at least 100 people each day in my city and we're now around 700 according to our mayor. It's so strange to be watching this and trying to keep my loved ones safe.

We cleaned the yard today and raked leaves out of the garden. My greenhouse is out and ready to get put up. Not sure where or when I'll get seeds or starters, but hopefully soon. We're making the garden bigger this year, which is exciting.
I didn't find any poison ivy yet... which is good. But we always get it in one spot every year. I got it really bad a few years ago and I don't want a repeat of it. I can usually spot it a mile away, but it's harder this time of year when the leaves haven't started growing. I always wear gloves though.
It truly is something out of the movie "Outbreak". All of the closed stores, many small business eateries are closed because its just not worth it to stay open, no rush hour, etc. There are three sites that have the rapid tests and supposedly there was a 2 hour line before they opened their doors. My SILK is a PA at an urgent care and they are doing the testing. She said she is not being nice anymore....people walk in and say they have just been exposed from a group affair and she just can't help but say "what is wrong with you!"
It's the same here. The police were driving around at 8:30 announcing that curfew was in place and to go home on their speakers. It's very, very quiet out now, and I don't live in the middle of the city. It's amazing how much background noise you hear and don't realize it until it's gone.
Hang in there! You're in Long Island, right?
His wife, who is not showing symptoms, works at a nursing home where they lost 8 people in 24 hours. As much as I dread the "peak" of this, I just want to get there so hopefully we can see improvement.
I'm the same. I just want it to be done and we're not expected to peak until April 18th. My BIL is a nurse and he lost two patients last week. One was 25 and another 79. There's no rhyme or reason. Another cousin works in Philly in ICU and lost 4 patients yesterday. She has to wear plastic ponchos, like we wear in FL for bad weather, because they don't have any more disposable gowns.
and green bean “crack”. I have also heard it called smothered green beans
I have never heard of that! I'll have to try it. I do like green beans.
I would be worried about not having benefits right now. Many of the major insurance companies are covering Covid related expenses at 100%.
Yes, our insurance co. sent us an email letting us know we're covered for testing, if we need it.
mrose.........the projections don’t make pleasant reading at all.....which makes me wonder why some are wilfully ignoring instructions.......we haven’t been told yet masks are necessary, but it’ll come I’m sure.
We're now considered a hot spot, so we have to wear masks. It's more for stopping the spread of a person who has it... rather than protection for those who don't. Only the N95 masks block it and you can't find those anywhere.

Got another few little jobs done that are not fun, like cleaning the oven and the Aga
You threw me there.... what is an Aga?
would kill to be able to chew pizza or steak. Longest I’ve gone without either. Not quite as bad as quitting smoking, but getting close lol
I'm sorry you're still having trouble! I hope you get relief soon.
Or, as others mentioned the construction ones seem to be common here and there. We have a few. Breathing thru an industrial one is a bit of a rough slog my understanding they aren’t necessarily wanted by health peeps
We have some N95 industrial masks from when we remodeled our house 5 years ago. I'm guessing they don't go bad? We're using them either way and they are not the medical ones that the hospital wants. Some are used anyway, but we kept them. No, the hospitals don't want the industrial ones here, let alone used ones or from a not sterile pack. I'm not even sure how people were getting the medical ones?
My BIL had to take all the gloves and masks out of the exam rooms and they lock them in the supervisor's car trunk at the end of the day because so many were stolen. The cleaning ladies have keys to the office and rooms but there's "no proof". But it was HUNDREDS of masks gone. Not the N95's, just the paper ones.
Coffee filters
Hepa filters u can cut from frame & unfurl. Look for filtrate F1
I found a pattern online for a dome shaped mask and N95 mask cover. It's supposed to prolong the life of a N95 mask if you use the cover over it because it can be laundered. I made a few of them today and they work. I used what material and elastic I had here, but our Walmart is closed except for grocery and pharmacy, Michael's and Joanne Fabric are closed so I'm having trouble finding more supplies. I would like to make more for my family and nursing home. I'm trying to order some materials off etsy.
Here, testing is still available, have to tick off several symptoms & risk factors. Anyone with even one symptom instructed to report to dr, self isolate & respond to daily check in requests
We still don't have that here. I think it's getting better though, but the testing sites are overwhelmed and people are just showing up, rather than getting referred to it like you're supposed to.
My middle DE tested Monday. Got negative results yesterday, I can resume breathing phew
Good news! So glad!!
Are we the only people where our dishwasher is on at least twice a day now
Ours is running a lot too. Getting ready to run it before bed soon.
I remember Mrose posted the other day of family events for her in April.
Not sure if her exact date but she mentioned April had 3 events for her and one was her birthday.
Thanks for remembering. My birthday is later in April and the big 5-0.
My DH went out for one of those lovely Primanti bro’s sandwiches yesterday & came back with personal pizza, complete w anchovies for me to try. Cut half into tiny pieces and skipped the crust. Aaaaah think I’ll keep him around
You live close enough to get a Primanti's sandwich!? Ahhh! I'm jealous!!! Eat one for me! I LOVE anchovy pizza!

Be well everyone.

Mrose
Just noticed you had posted but saw that after I sent my last post.

This is your home just as much as it is for all of us.
What all are going through is new territory for everyone.
You bet it is scary as this virus is a new thing world wide, but many brilliant people are working on solutions.

You can talk about anything here except on how much weight Mac has gained.
(I over bought a lot of snacks and it will take me another month before I need to buy more.)

It's the same here. The police were driving around at 8:30 announcing that curfew was in place and to go home on their speakers. It's very, very quiet out now, and I don't live in the middle of the city. It's amazing how much background noise you hear and don't realize it until it's gone.

I'm the same. I just want it to be done and we're not expected to peak until April 18th. My BIL is a nurse and he lost two patients last week. One was 25 and another 79. There's no rhyme or reason. Another cousin works in Philly in ICU and lost 4 patients yesterday. She has to wear plastic ponchos, like we wear in FL for bad weather, because they don't have any more disposable gowns.

Yup from Long Island! Where are you from? (I'm sorry if you had said it previously)

I was flipping through some photos in my camera roll and just looking at all the places we go and just think....we should have appreciated it more. I remember after Hurricane Sandy hit and remembering going to the first restaurant in another town to just get out of the house and to be somewhere that had heat and electricity (we had none at that point). Made me appreciate those little things just so much more.

Our governor is saying we are just about approaching the apex...so we will see. And in we had a decrease in the death rate over the past 24 hours. Small steps, but at least moving in the right direction.

Stay safe all!

Georgia has shelter in place as of last night
But it will be lifted next Monday

What kind of lame brain would have such a short time period on the books for staying home
Most states have a 30 day set up for staying home for the most part

we are encouraged to go and shop and walk or hike in the allowed parks

I’m a rule follower and don’t understand how shelter in home for ten days will make a dent in our pproblem

I am
Missing the theory for this set up

just call me stupid

So...has anybody watched the war of the worlds series? Taped a bunch of them today, free preview weekend :). May start it tonight pre TWD

Carole just saw clip of queen on tube. Didn’t know Boris was hospitalized. His mrs is pregnant? Hope she’s ok, cannot imagine having that worry.

Yes, thinking it’s entertainment. Neighbors behind us moved in a year ago. 2 little boys, perhaps 2 & 3 y.o. Never really saw them much. Willing to venture mom & dad are in way over their heads on this whole 24-7 thing with them lolololol. The screaming & crying in the backyard is something awful. Not just the kids:)
Yes, I tend to cook or clean when stressed. Lasagne went down well.

Feel bad, the mr had a crown fall off today when chomping on a piece of candy. Handed him the tube of fixident but he just put it on shelf.

Had a target order shipped yesterday, dog food & easter candy. They put it in same large box for some reason. Two of the bags of reese’s Mini cups were open, some of the candy out of the wrappers ugh Took a quick pic of that mess & they had a replacement order shipped within an hour. Nice service.

Tom lasted one episode of wotw…..I thought he`d love it, but not for him......surprise all round as he watches some very bad sci fi stuff!!!

The Queen was magnificent, tempered and calm as she always is, and most folks appreciated her words. Yes, Boris is in hospital. He had looked dreadful last few days anytime he appeared at meets through his ipad….so maybe best place for him. Yes, his partner is pregnant, so very worrying. And some nasty comments online about him....unbelievable.

Hope your misters crown is ok.....our dentists are only seeing emergencies only, so not the time to lose a crown. And good service on the broken candy!!!

Checking in ... and with an apology in advance if my posts are negative or downers. This whole thing is very crazy here, and I know not everyone is experiencing the same so it might seem weird or hard to believe. So I'm sorry, and I appreciate being able to have a place I can tell of my experiences, even if they are not positive right now. I'm not normally like this and my life is not normally like this. Our cases are rising by at least 100 people each day in my city and we're now around 700 according to our mayor. It's so strange to be watching this and trying to keep my loved ones safe.

We cleaned the yard today and raked leaves out of the garden. My greenhouse is out and ready to get put up. Not sure where or when I'll get seeds or starters, but hopefully soon. We're making the garden bigger this year, which is exciting.
I didn't find any poison ivy yet... which is good. But we always get it in one spot every year. I got it really bad a few years ago and I don't want a repeat of it. I can usually spot it a mile away, but it's harder this time of year when the leaves haven't started growing. I always wear gloves though.

I have never heard of that! I'll have to try it. I do like green beans.

Yes, our insurance co. sent us an email letting us know we're covered for testing, if we need it.

We're now considered a hot spot, so we have to wear masks. It's more for stopping the spread of a person who has it... rather than protection for those who don't. Only the N95 masks block it and you can't find those anywhere.

You threw me there.... what is an Aga?

I'm sorry you're still having trouble! I hope you get relief soon.

We have some N95 industrial masks from when we remodeled our house 5 years ago. I'm guessing they don't go bad? We're using them either way and they are not the medical ones that the hospital wants. Some are used anyway, but we kept them. No, the hospitals don't want the industrial ones here, let alone used ones or from a not sterile pack. I'm not even sure how people were getting the medical ones?
My BIL had to take all the gloves and masks out of the exam rooms and they lock them in the supervisor's car trunk at the end of the day because so many were stolen. The cleaning ladies have keys to the office and rooms but there's "no proof". But it was HUNDREDS of masks gone. Not the N95's, just the paper ones.

I found a pattern online for a dome shaped mask and N95 mask cover. It's supposed to prolong the life of a N95 mask if you use the cover over it because it can be laundered. I made a few of them today and they work. I used what material and elastic I had here, but our Walmart is closed except for grocery and pharmacy, Michael's and Joanne Fabric are closed so I'm having trouble finding more supplies. I would like to make more for my family and nursing home. I'm trying to order some materials off etsy.

We still don't have that here. I think it's getting better though, but the testing sites are overwhelmed and people are just showing up, rather than getting referred to it like you're supposed to.

Good news! So glad!!

Ours is running a lot too. Getting ready to run it before bed soon.

Thanks for remembering. My birthday is later in April and the big 5-0.

You live close enough to get a Primanti's sandwich!? Ahhh! I'm jealous!!! Eat one for me! I LOVE anchovy pizza!

Be well everyone.

mrose…...vent away......sometimes it`s good to get your thoughts and feelings written down..….these are incredibly scary times....our police all over the UK yesterday were out stopping these idiots having BBQ's on the beaches and parks, congregating in groups all over the place.....you have to wonder about people sometimes.

An Aga is basically an oven. This is mine.....(not my picture) I also have a regular built in double electric oven and a ceramic hob. When we moved into this house it was an original farmhouse, so I have a two part kitchen...the older original one with the farmhouse look and Aga, and the modern extension with all mod cons.....it sounds odd, but works well.....it`s very light and airy...….I love my Aga. Mine is more dark grey but does look black.

Keep your spirits up, it`s not easy I know...….and we`re always here......

Georgia has shelter in place as of last night
But it will be lifted next Monday

What kind of lame brain would have such a short time period on the books for staying home
Most states have a 30 day set up for staying home for the most part

we are encouraged to go and shop and walk or hike in the allowed parks

I’m a rule follower and don’t understand how shelter in home for ten days will make a dent in our pproblem

I am
Missing the theory for this set up

just call me stupid
How did every one celebrate Easter today?

lots of food and candy and it’s your family that came over?

Yes, rule follower here too. I`m amazed at the excuses folks are coming up with to justify why they don't need to do as everyone else is.....stay home!!! I was watching a nurse and doctor who had just finished a long four day run of working constantly and they just looked shattered and in bits. Having to deal with families who can`t comfort or even see their relatives.....then you get these morons who think the rules don`t apply to them......

Over 70`s here are around 3 weeks into a mandatory lockdown.....and the rest of us who would love to go visit families, stay home.

mac....Easter is next weekend 🍫........no celebrations here......dinner will be the three of us......much as though we`d LOVE to see friends and family.....it`s just not happening. Yes, weight gain should not be spoken about!!!

We had rain during the night, but today looks nice and sun is shining......will make do with the garden and a walk in the woods once it`s dried out.

Tom and I both stood on the scales this morning........oh dear. So, snacking is going to be massively decreased.......we have 5 months till September, so we`ll do our best.

Dinner tonight is home made burgers.......if it`s still as nice Tom will grill them outside. May make some potato salad today too.

Have a great Monday...…..

Last edited:
Ah yes, the early bird is here. Very dark, but the birds have been noisy since around 4 this morning. And back to that work week. And yeah, when the alarm went off, I was like: 8D562634-C949-47E6-A753-ADD2C66D2AE6.jpeg

But, I am already up, logged in, and happily have a cup of tea in my hand.

McK, vent away. This virus is so contagious, with many having deadly symptoms once infected. I am scared. And yeah, you cannot stop every stupid person who does not comply. I am. We used to go out quite frequently, but now, only a trip to get food, and not every day. Most of the time, it is one of us, or two. That’s it. And we try to be fast, take wipes and hand sanitizers with us, and try hard to keep a distance from others.

Yes, heard some of the Queen’s speech last night. Perfectly needed in this crisis. And glad to hear the PM is getting hospital care.

With that, I am with Schumi, wishing all the homies:

1B7737B0-C18D-4319-9209-9F17516011E8.jpeg

Oh yes it is!

Thanks schumi!
Staying in the house for weeks has my days all messed up.

Mr Mac has been under the weather and his sleeping time is opposite of mine.
He woke up during the night and finally fell asleep on the couch.
Cats sleeping on top of him
Lol
I go read in another room and let the 3 of them sleep.

I watched the Queen speak last night and thought she had such a calming voice.
She looks marvelous for her age.
I hope she has many more years for ruling.

Hope all homies will drop in during this week and let us know how they are doing.

Just kill me now.
I got to work this morning to find a note from my boss’ husband stating that a certain client’s account was all messed up. I took a look and it was messed up because the last few claim payments were entered incorrectly. I guess I don’t have to tell you who is responsible for posting the claim payments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts