Something About Nothing ... #12

The talk of Flintstones, I had to drag this up:

Hadn`t seen that one before.......love some weird Al.........

Matzo ball soup?? Mmmmm

Yeah got the mud caked cleats too- no matter how many times he was told to take shoes off at door. Finally had to yell at him to pick stuff up- I call them "Ben droppings" as they are a trail as to where he's Ben (his name)/been- shoes, hoodies, tablet, head phones, empty plates/food wrappers...and that was just today :rotfl2:
Junior prom? Fun times:thumbsup2

Schumi- I don't normally order nor make the chicken fried steak (messy prep and too many calories) but I love it. The cooks always give me extra spinach as they know I love it. Then casserole tonight had kale in it-so good. Recipe is a keeper.
Throwing chicken in crockpot for tomorrow.

And exciting news- my middle was chosen as a student mentor for next year! And she thinks she did well on her EoC tests. Wish our school let them skip finals if the pass EoC. My college kid though- her classes this year- if they ace the tests and have A in class they can skip finals. Will help a lot as she may get to come home for a bit longer before we lose her to the Mouse for the summer.

Squirlz-love Weird Al!

It does have a lot of calories doesn't it...........

Congrats on your daughter being a student mentor!! Kyle did it for college and then 2 of his Uni years till the course work just became too time consuming........she`ll enjoy it I`m sure........

Schumi, DH loves chicken fried steak, me not so much because I like steak. Plain, boring steak lightly seasoned and medium rare.

Squirlz, I have 5 or 6 Weird Al CDs.

Mony, congrats on your childrens' success! I know my older girls had opportunities to skip exams but not me, A's or not. Hubby made a shrimp dish tonight using some Cajun sauces and seasonings we picked up in New Orleans last month. It tasted so "New Orleans" but we should have served it with grits instead of rice I'm thinking.

177 more sleeps until Orlando...:snail:

I think that's why I`ve never ordered it........good steak is so good!!! Doesn't need anything added except as you say lightly seasoned........and always medium rare......to rare usually.........

Now I want steak...........

177 days will pass in no time...........::yes::

mac, if you`re reading.........:wave2:

Cold again today.......sun is shining but it`s rainy.........weird weather.

Got a load of laundry on the line before we went out this morning..........got it in before the rain came on.....skies are grey now.

Got a couple of new dresses and Tom got new trainers.......ideal for walking........and got our grocery shop done too.....but got home and realized we forgot loads.........typical. Will be back out tomorrow.........

Wand to look for a new point and shoot that will fit in waist pack..........so much choice!!!

Time for a cuppa..........

Sitting with a shower cap on my noggin & big blob of olaplex pre-conditioning my hair for color tomorrow. No makeup, pale as a ghost. All i need to do is toss on some fake blood & it’d be a great halloween costume lol

For those who do the WDW hoops, dawned on me I need to let it go:duck:& entrust DiL to make the FP+ res for trip w/GD 4th of July, as we’ll be away. Need to remind her grandma & pap are anti-rope drop peeps. I’m more of the hit the waterparks up @ rope drop type before the hordes show up after noon; then drift over to the parks. Same as when @ Universal.

heck to the no for country steak here! Never got the allure of it or Salisbury steak.:confused3perhaps since i like my steak done Pittsburgh style (crust on outside & raw inside, not to be confused with blackened variety)

Other seriously scary southern dishes for me contain crawfish or okra...no matter if it’s fried or hiding in gumbo or jambalaya, waiting to pounce.

Any food adversions here?

Carole not sure if Pentax still makes the small waterproof camera we’ve been working for nearly a decade. Bought for snorkling but it defaulted to the camera we lug into the parks. Takes a lickin & keeps on tickin! Pretty sweet pics too. Will do videos but that’s above my paygrade

Sitting with a shower cap on my noggin & big blob of olaplex pre-conditioning my hair for color tomorrow. No makeup, pale as a ghost. All i need to do is toss on some fake blood & it’d be a great halloween costume lol

For those who do the WDW hoops, dawned on me I need to let it go:duck:& entrust DiL to make the FP+ res for trip w/GD 4th of July, as we’ll be away. Need to remind her grandma & pap are anti-rope drop peeps. I’m more of the hit the waterparks up @ rope drop type before the hordes show up after noon; then drift over to the parks. Same as when @ Universal.

heck to the no for country steak here! Never got the allure of it or Salisbury steak.:confused3perhaps since i like my steak done Pittsburgh style (crust on outside & raw inside, not to be confused with blackened variety)

Other seriously scary southern dishes for me contain crawfish or okra...no matter if it’s fried or hiding in gumbo or jambalaya, waiting to pounce.

Any food adversions here?

Carole not sure if Pentax still makes the small waterproof camera we’ve been working for nearly a decade. Bought for snorkling but it defaulted to the camera we lug into the parks. Takes a lickin & keeps on tickin! Pretty sweet pics too. Will do videos but that’s above my paygrade

You paint quite the picture of your look Janet.........long as the pup doesn’t run away from you.........:eek:

Think we’d call that a Blue steak Janet........still mooing........:rotfl:

Love crawfish, hate okra.......what the heck is that even supposed to taste like!!! Food of the devil.......same as most offal.....not most, all offal!!! Yuk......

And desserts with alcohol in......have a real aversion to that funnily enough.........

Looked for a camera with good night and dark quality.......but seems the ones like that limit you to around 250 ****s a whop on the battery.......heck I could take that amount in a morning!!! Could buy another battery I suppose......but I hate something telling me I’m limited.......lol.......

There’s a Canon (Tom’s choice) which takes 400 per battery run......so that may work with two batteries......and I could use it in the parks am, then use “our” camera for other things........oh choices!! I picked a Sony one without looking at the price.......eh, no......$1500 for a point and shoot!!!

So back to the drawing board.......we’ll get one before we go I’m sure but........so much choice!

Still blowing a hoolie over here.........

So nice to have the boy home Patty. Yep, I could get used to being warm. Yay, that the cats missed him. Picture. please

Yes- nice to see him! Will get some pics!

get as many hugs as you can!

Will do!!

Lunch today was chicken fried steak, mash potato, and spinach

YUMMY!!

And exciting news- my middle was chosen as a student mentor for next year! And she thinks she did well on her EoC tests. Wish our school let them skip finals if the pass EoC. My college kid though- her classes this year- if they ace the tests and have A in class they can skip finals. Will help a lot as she may get to come home for a bit longer before we lose her to the Mouse for the summer.

Congratulations!! Is she in DCP this summer? DS is extending his CP until July 31.

Who'd think that what we do to look good starts out as scareactor training?

Still blowing a hoolie over here........

Had to google that Carole- sorry about the rain storm!

41 and cloudy here- expecting some rain here, too!

Going out for Chinese tonight!

Ha, Patty, we ended up with Chinese food last night. Was in errand mode, running late from work, and hey, phone call, and ready in 20 minutes. Yep, yum.

Food eww, yep, okra, almost all that is found in the sea, mushrooms, I have to think of more. I'm not a picky eater, at least I don't think so.

Schumi, sorry to hear of such bad weather. We get to enjoy that rain and wind tomorrow. Rainy Friday. Why I needed a 3 day week-end. LOL I'm enjoying tea as well.

Keisha, ha, picture of ya. I didn't think I looked that white. Well, in shorts that beautiful week-end, and looked in mirror. Egad, pale as could be. Little one lamented she could have been more tan. Yeah, even with no tan, she looks better in shorts that I do. Hey, even FP+ can be tweaked, so even if they don't get the best times, when you return, maybe can tweak. Pitt visit at the end of next month. If you're around, I'll give a text holler. Meeting up with my friend in Cranberry Township. Have not seen her in many a moon. DH will be out your way again this week-end. Told him to book our stay at the hotel he will be staying at while he is there. I'll have to remind him. Need hair done too, will go next week. Why are my kids' friends always asking why their mom is blonde? Because I am. :D ::yes::

Ready for lunch, and the sun is mostly out. Yeah, I know, that's why weather guy said clouds and sun. I want the sun part to be 90% of the time.

:surfweb: Tea, anyone? I need more. Slowly trying to not drink the entire current cup.

:music:

Hello everyone. I am feeling horrible today. I have a cold. I managed to make it all through winter without one and now I have a spring cold.

I have eaten chicken fried steak before, but it’s not something I will choose for myself. If I have it I will scrape off most of the gravy.

Lynne - The Jewish deli sounds good. I don’t think we have one anywhere near me. We used to go to one in Miami that had huge sandwiches. Hope your daughter enjoys her prom.

Squirlz - I have never heard that Weird Al song before. That video was very strange.

MonyK - Congrats to your daughter. I don’t think they have student mentors at B’s school.

Schumi - I have a nice little Canon power Shot (I think) that has an awesome zoom lens. I’m not sure about the battery life. I have 4 batteries, it I knew I would need extra when we went to Alaska.

Keisha - I won’t eat crawfish or okra either. I have several food aversions. I’ve always been a picky eater.

Dh just texted and asked me if I wanted to see the new Avengers movie on Saturday. It depends on how I feel. Right now I just want to go home and rest.

So sorry you're sick, Charade!

images

images
Charade, hope you are relaxing, and feeling better. Little one had a cold last week, now older one has it. When I told little one she had shared, she said, yes, I am usually the one that gets the rest of the family sick. Such a good kid. LOL No, colds any time of the year suck, but when it's nice out, and warmer, it just really stinks. Drink lots of fluids, take some drugs, and hot shower or two, and a box of tissues. Hope it was like the kids, lasted around 4 days. We're seeing the movie on Sunday at lunchtime. I was going to get tickets for the 10am show, but knowing them, bought the ones for the 12:30pm one. Older one is the most eager to see of the three of us. I'm on the fence as to being 2 and 1/2 hours. That's a long time. Free refills on soda, ya know. :tilt: Good thing is, if not up to it on Saturday, it's just the opening weekend, it will be in theaters for weeks. And if you are paying, I am sure B would watch it with you again, if she went with friends instead.

Blowing a hoolie is a favourite term of mine........thankfully the wind has died down somewhat now.......although the sea is still a raging mess!!!

Charade, we are after one that is good in low light......we already have 3 (I know I know) point and shoots......they all have fabulous long shots and take good pics, but the ones that take excellent night shots don’t let you take as many pictures.......it’s a trade off........good camera and 4 batteries may be the compromise.......and hope you feel better soon..........

Enjoyed salmon for dinner tonight........roasted plain then skinned after I cook it.......and my favourite sweet potatoes for me and regular potatoes for my two guys........

And happy to know our joiner appeared to show us the new cabinet doors and worktops........love em......and they’re coming Tuesday and Wednesday next week......dreading the mess though!! So much dust around when you get building work done..........but, will be glad to see both rooms done........

Time for a cuppa.........

images
Charade, hope you are relaxing, and feeling better. Little one had a cold last week, now older one has it. When I told little one she had shared, she said, yes, I am usually the one that gets the rest of the family sick. Such a good kid. LOL No, colds any time of the year suck, but when it's nice out, and warmer, it just really stinks. Drink lots of fluids, take some drugs, and hot shower or two, and a box of tissues. Hope it was like the kids, lasted around 4 days. We're seeing the movie on Sunday at lunchtime. I was going to get tickets for the 10am show, but knowing them, bought the ones for the 12:30pm one. Older one is the most eager to see of the three of us. I'm on the fence as to being 2 and 1/2 hours. That's a long time. Free refills on soda, ya know. :tilt: Good thing is, if not up to it on Saturday, it's just the opening weekend, it will be in theaters for weeks. And if you are paying, I am sure B would watch it with you again, if she went with friends instead.

No relaxing for me. I am at work now then have to get B at school, take her to SAT class, get dinner, and then take her to ballet.
I hope I won’t be too lost in the Avengers. I have only seen a few of the related movies. I think Dh has been to all of them.
Charade, we are after one that is good in low light......we already have 3 (I know I know) point and shoots......they all have fabulous long shots and take good pics, but the ones that take excellent night shots don’t let you take as many pictures.......it’s a trade off........good camera and 4 batteries may be the compromise.......and hope you feel better soon..........

I missed the part about low light. I don’t take very many low light photos. My camera allows me to set shutter speed and aperture, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a point and shoot.

I decided I needed a 3 day week-end, and made it so.
I realized last night I had given myself another 3 day weekend. Oh well-often works out that way at end or beginning of month.

I’m more of the hit the waterparks up @ rope drop type before the hordes show up after noon; then drift over to the parks
Yep! Or we only do 1/2 days. We prefer offsite so will go for a few hours early or late, rest of time spent around resort.

Is she in DCP this summer

DS is extending his CP until July 31
My oldest is in Summer Alumni-dropping her off May 21 (we will be in Orlando 18-21). Her summer program ends Aug 6th though!

Who'd think that what we do to look good starts out as scareactor training?
Why did I find this so funny?:rotfl2:Maybe because I can relate??

Tea, anyone? I need more
No tea, but had 2 travel mugs of coffee with me this am-had to go to my once a month home that is 1.5 hours away. They know not to talk to me until I do the bathroom dash when I get there LOL

I have a cold. I managed to make it all through winter without one and now I have a spring cold.
Ah that sucks! I had same a couple weeks ago-still fighting the last of cough (although that may also be allergy related)
Avengers movie

We're seeing the movie on Sunday at lunchtime
We have had our tickets for Sunday as well-lunch and a movie!
If you need to catch up (and are so inclined) the 8 "catch up" movies are
The 8 Marvel movies you should watch before 'Infinity War' (per business insider)
  • 1/ "Captain America: The First Avenger" (2011) ...
  • "The Avengers" (2012) Disney. ...
  • "Captain America: Civil War" (2016) ...
  • "Doctor Strange" (2016) ...
  • "Thor: Ragnarok" (2017) ...
  • "Guardians of the Galaxy" (2014), "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" (2017) ...
  • "Black Panther" (2018)
May also toss Iron man 1 in there after first Captain America. haven't seen Thor:Ragnarok yet, will rectify tomorrow probably.
We are sci-fi loving nerds in this house. As a friendly reminder-remember to sit all the way through entire credits...

Dinner was crockpot chicken (layer of dried beef, then bacon wrapped chicken breast, covered with cream of mushroom soup, stir in flour and sour cream a few minutes before serving). Very rich. Paired nicely with the lemon drop martini.

Hoping to get garden cleaned out tomorrow. Plant sale at favorite urban farm saturday. Need the soil therapy...

My oldest is in Summer Alumni-dropping her off May 21 (we will be in Orlando 18-21). Her summer program ends Aug 6th though!

DS wants to do alumni after he graduates next May!
We're in Orlando 5/3-5/7 and then 5/23-5/27. We'll just miss you!!

Safe travels Keisha........hope you and the mister have a blast!!

MonyK.....crock pot dish sounds lovely.........we use ours a lot.......food is always so good!

Friday again........

Went out shopping again......only got a room scent diffuser stick thingys.........one in our master bathroom is nearly done, very boring got the same scent as before......love it.......grapefruit and ginger with lime........

And got some brie and turkey to make grilled sandwiches for lunch........nice! Added cranberry sauce too......

Little bit of Ironing and few phone calls with friends this afternoon........always good to catch up regularly!

Have a great Friday............

Good morning. I am feeling somewhat better today thought I didn't get much sleep last night. I will try to find some time to get a nap today. I took Caspian to the vet this morning to get his nails trimmed. That is not something I will attempt to do myself. Later this morning I have a hair appointment. Tonight we are going to see a play at B's school. Her school is one of three in the country that was chosen to premier Disney's Freaky Friday musical. Should be interesting.

SOLs are over. Yay!! There are 2 levels for passing the exams - pass proficient and pass advanced. B got pass advanced on her U.S. History SOL. She gets to skip the final exams for english and history which means she won't have to go to school on the last day. I'm thinking maybe we should find something fun to do that day.

I'm still on the fence about seeing The Avengers. The only related movies I've seen are the first Avengers movie, the 2 Guardians of the Galaxy movies, and all of the Spiderman movies.

Good Morning Everyone!

Its a damp rainy day here- but we are supposed to get really warm next week- I've been procrastinating getting a pedicure- so I cant get the sandals out yet....

We are going to see Infinity War tomorrow- very excited to see it. I like these movies..just fun popcorn movies.

Im working from home -trying to will the clock to move.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hey Gang!

Meet Buddy!

Last night, when I got home from work, some kids pointed out that they had found a squirrel. I went over and looked at him. He was shaking and trying to crawl around the parking spaces in front of my townhouse. I put him in a shoebox and called animal services. They said to leave him in the shoebox and put him by the tree he was found near. The mother would come down and take him back to the nest. I went to the tree and saw, what I believed to be, his mother - dead and a few feet away, another baby dead. I was heartbroken. I called back animal services and they said to put a small bottle full of hot water, wrapped in a towel in the shoe box. As soon as I put the bottle in, Buddy cuddled up next to it (First picture). They then gave me a number for a lady who rehabs wild animals. S,o I put the box in the car and drove 30 minutes to get to her.. all the while I kept saying 'Hang in there little buddy, we'll be there soon.'

When I got to her place, she cleaned him up and let me hold him. She asked if I had named him and I said I hadn't because I didn't know if he would live. She said I should have and when I told her that I kept referring to him as 'little buddy' in the car, we decided to name him Buddy.

He's SO damn cute! I know I left him in good hands as she had 13 other squirrels she was currently rehabbing. She showed me her whole process and she has outdoor cages for when they're ready to be released. It's amzing how quickly I fell in love with the little guy and wished I could have taken him home.

buddy1.jpg buddy2.jpg

buddy3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter