Something About Nothing ... #12

Thanks everyone- he's a good boy- and he knows he's cute so he gets away with alot....

Schum- I have lots of pics of my pup- I might have to post a few more to keep up with all the cat pics!

Oh please do........cats aren’t my thing at all.........some are cute though.......not many though......:D

Mac we will miss your regular posts while you’re away.........but, will be glad to know you’re having fun........

YaY! Schumi's into plotting and planning.

We had burgers with tater tots last night. I am sure your dinner was lush.

Oh, got ya Mac. Hope the weather is cooperating, and you and Mr. Mac are enjoying.

I guess I should stop complaining about waking up before my alarm. I didn’t set one for today and ended up oversleeping. We are having a cold, gray, rainy day today. My throat is feeling scratchy. I really hope I am not getting a cold.

Lynne - I think all states have something similar to SOLs, but each state has a different name for them. In North Carolina they have EOGs (end of grade).

Robo - One of my aunts tried to feed me SOS when I was a kid. I wouldn’t touch the stuff. It looked too disgusting.

Ckmiles - I use tinypic for my pictures. It’s free... at least for now. Your puppy is adorable.

Guess I should get back to work. It’s really slow here today.

Mac- enjoy your trip! Will miss your posting!

I’m off to yoga class

Lynne- now I want tater tots! Love tater tots!!

Mac enjoy yourself on your trip with hubby.

Robo, glad you’re doing better.........

Thank you Schumi........I had lazy day today....don’t know if this makes sense, but starting to feel more like myself today.

DH is now asking me to book The Palm.....I keep telling him we have ages yet, but these two are places we do like to book!

Grandson asked if we were going to Palm again this vacation. I asked him if he liked it and he said YES......so I will make us a ressie for Palm while we are there. We had a great meal there last year.

Robo - One of my aunts tried to feed me SOS when I was kid. I wouldn’t touch the stuff. It looked too disgusting.

LOL......It’s for sure Southern hearty fair. It’s white gravy with seasoned ground beef in it. Some put chipped beef or chopped up crispy bacon in place of the ground beef. It’s served over country biscuits......yep it’s not a taste for everyone for sure.

It brings to mind that a lot of those dishes where made to help the farmers have enough energy with all those carbs to do the hard farm labor needed to work their land. They could work it all off. Of course nowadays it’s hard to rectify consuming all those carbs for breakfast, but sometimes is ok.

Ckmiles.....Bogart is a cute puppy.

Ckmiles -Bogart is precious! What does his shirt say?

This work day is dragging!! Going out to dinner tonight for a friend's birthday!!

So excited!! DS is flying in tomorrow from Orlando for a visit!! He's flying Southwest and I'm hoping his flight won't get cancelled!

So excited!! DS is flying in tomorrow from Orlando for a visit!! He's flying Southwest and I'm hoping his flight won't get cancelled!

Enjoy your dinner out with friends this evening.

Fingers and toes crossed your son gets in without problems.

SOS - my Dad discovered it whilest in the service during WWII. Bought the cured meat in the jar. Hard to find now. Every now & again I get a hankering for it...then wonder why afterwards lol

I am mighty thankful my DH has great health insurance. Today my eye dr gave me option of surgery or daily drops. Took about a half second to blurt out I’d go with the drops.:p Cost without insurance is $653 a bottle/month.:sad2: insurance price is $20...for a three months supply:banana:. Feel like i dodged a bullet, phew. Makes me sad to think many don’t have that sort of coverage. Something is terribly wrong with the system.:confused3

It’s been a rough year and time for a break from the stress of the real world. I have an Eastern Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas, leaving Fort Lauderdale this coming Saturday and decided to take an extra few days off so here we are at Sapphire Falls for a few days since I have been wanting to try the new resort not to mention the Fast and Furious ride. I haven’t been to Fort Lauderdale so am not sure how much time to allow Saturday morning for drive to the port. I haven’t posted too often lately but wanted to check in to say hello and let everyone know what I’m up to

We loved the IoS a few years ago. Maybe we’ll bump into you in port next week somewhere lol. Enjoy

Aw, so cute!!!:goodvibesreminds me of my havanese :cloud9:

I am mighty thankful my DH has great health insurance. Today my eye dr gave me option of surgery or daily drops. Took about a half second to blurt out I’d go with the drops.:p Cost without insurance is $653 a bottle/month.:sad2: insurance price is $20...for a three months supply:banana:. Feel like i dodged a bullet, phew. Makes me sad to think many don’t have that sort of coverage. Something is terribly wrong with the system.:confused3

Glad to hear there was a less invasive option to help with your eye issues........Having great insurance is a plus today for sure.

SOS- the funny thing is that the aunt who tried to give it to me is from New York. Don’t know where she learned about it. I’m a Georgia girl and still won’t touch the stuff.

B passed her reading SOL. We were a little nervous with that one because she sometimes struggles with reading comprehension. She has U.S. history tomorrow and then is done with SOLs forever.

Good news Charade. Has B looked at colleges yet? We will visit her top pick next month.

Good news Keisha. Drops over surgery oh yeah. I hope it corrects whatever you need the drops for. I hear ya, little one needed a script, so pharmacy said $300, I was like I have insurance. Oh, needed to add her account there to my insurance. Owed $7 after. Crazy.

Robo, plotting and scheming too. So fun your grandson likes to pick where to eat.

CK, my dogs never let me put clothes on them. Though all were large dogs, two labs and a boxer.

Ack, kids need food.

Later homies. Cloudy night, and even my DSis said, tired of wearing a winter coat to walk at night.

That is one cute pup ck........those dogs have the cutest little faces!

Robo, glad you’re going back to The Palm again, lovely restaurant,.......we’re thinking of trying another for a change this visit.......maybe Ruth’s Chris or another along restaurant row as well as Ocean Prime........we love it there too.....

Patty......enjoy dinner tonight and nice to have your some visit.........big hugs all around there I’d imagine!

Janet......ouch!! That’s the cost for eye drops......... Definitely dodged a bullet there.........yes, health insurance is a blessing. We have the wonderful and fabulous National Health Service........it’s getting so stretched though, but wouldn’t be without it.......we do however have our own private insurance to avoid long waits for certain things..........but hope the drops work for you.......your little doggy is so cute too.........I forgot it was a Havanese........

Charade......Good luck for DD

So another night has passed.........almost bed time here..........been watching the box set of Person of Interest.......on to season 2.......this has got to be one of the best shows ever on tv!!!

Got a call from our joiner tonight he’s coming next week to do our Utilty room and Laundry room........yay!! Everything is being ripped out and redone.......then decorators in to paint them. Will be glad to get that job done......it’s so messy though getting work like this done.......dust seems to find it’s way everywhere around the house.

16 sleeps.........:flower1:

I make a version of SOS using canned corned beef. My kids love it but I have to be in the mood. I serve it over toast ...bet biscuits would be good.

I must be diet hungry if I'm craving that stuff.

Janet, when I had cataract surgery I remember the drops cost around $300 for 2 different types..not kind to the old bank account on top of the surgery cost.

Having trouble changing my Pop reservation to a cheaper rate...guess it would help if I tried later and not on the day free dining drops :crazy:

Happy taco Tuesday...I'm eating salad but at least I lost another pound :flower1:

Last edited:
Good news Charade. Has B looked at colleges yet? We will visit her top pick next month.

Not really. She still says she wants to attend the university where dh teaches. While that would save us a ton on tuition, we would also like her to explore other options. She wants to study theater. We are trying to encourage her to consider math and science fields. She is doing so well in those subjects.

Happy Anniversary, Mac!

Loved the Flintstones.

Robo ~ very familiar with SOS, lol.

CK ~ aww, cute puppy. We have a house full of cats, but I am definitely a dog person. The year has been the first time since I was a child that I have only had one dog.

Charade ~ glad the testing is going well so far!

Finding it hard to keep up in here this week. The oldest is trying to wrap up all of her end of semester papers and study for finales, The middlest has several projects due for her tutorial in the next week or two, and the youngest has ball practice or games almost every night. They are keeping busy, to say the least, but vacation is right around the corner!

Safe journey Mac..........

Well done Vicki.........I’m stalling this week........ate a load of French bread yesterday......and butter.......too much butter I suppose.......but will keep plodding along.

HoT........glad to see you post, and yes nice you have a trip coming up........

Bit of rain here this morning.........no plans for today at all......lunch soon, then little housework and dinner is cooking in slow cooker.......diced beef cooked in ale and stock........I detest ale, but it’s lovley to cook with.......

Have a great Wednesday..........:)

images
Yep, it's a Wednesday. Camels are looking for the week-end, and so am I. A hump to remember it's the middle of the week, and get over this hump of a day, and then before ya know it, you'll be Friday partying.

Rain here too Schumi. And more to come to end the week. That line of rain moving slowly up from the South, was massive, so I guess we are in for a day of gray, and rain.

55, yes 55. The rain has brought the warmest start to the day in a week or two. Won't get much higher, but with the wet, there's humidity, so, I'd say almost warm. No jacket needed, just an umbrella.

HeHe, the car in front of me had a light at the top back, like in some SUVs. Well, the big lights at the bottom never changed brightness when the car applied it's breaks. But, the top light, which was dark, came alive and blinked. As we were bumper to bumper for several blocks, I started to giggle every time braking was needed. Morse Code anyone?

With that, tea is needed, and a sweet. Tastykake in hand, and a view of a not very bright sky.

Oh, and drooling at Schumi's dinner selection. I am not fond of using alcohol in cooking, but what's in that slow cooker sounds delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts